PDA

View Full Version : Diarrhea with Olive Oil. I'm like a girl with an overactive bladder.

SkinnySadMan
06-22-2006, 11:58 AM
So yesterday I tried drinking Extra Virgin Olive Oil and I was surprised how easy it was to gulp down. I drank about a total of 6-8 tablespoons (all taken before the afternoon). First idiotic mistake...I'm suppose to spread them out lol.

I went for a crap about 5 times yesterday. my 2nd poop was a bit smooth but it still had solid pieces in it. The last pooping sesssion was just almost plain liquid poop. It felt like I was urinating out of my ass.

Spartan936
06-22-2006, 12:17 PM
The most you can probably handle at one time is probably 2-3 tablespoons. But take it with food, or in a shake. Straight oil is tough on the stomach. Don't forget about avocados, almonds, and other good fats.

D Breyer
06-22-2006, 12:34 PM
that is disgusting. spread it out next time k?

Optimum08
06-22-2006, 12:42 PM
and take it with food. the feeling of urinating instead of pooping can't be a good feeling.

Bruise Brubaker
06-22-2006, 01:39 PM
DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liquid fat is hard to digest, it stimulates your intestine to work, and enzyme have a hard time to work on it, since it has to be emulsified (with bile) so that water-soluble stuff can mix with fats. Eating something with it will help slow down the stuff. Any huge amount of fat taken at once would still require some adaptation...

Stuff like eggs or uncooked butter are already emulsified, so they're easy to digest.

Honestly I couldn't drink olive oil without vomiting... AWFUL

TOBART
06-22-2006, 04:29 PM
It is pretty sick that you took that much at once. As an experienced olive oil drinker, I'll give you a few tips.

Dont use extra virgin, it costs more and all it really has is a different (worse) taste for drinking. Buy the 'extra light tasting' stuff. Olive oil is totally bearable to drink if you mix 1tbsp with a cup of milk, just keep stirring it before you drink and it basically tastes like milk.

I really only drink olive oil before bed or if I'm really desperate for calories. taking in so much fat at once just kills my appetite.

djreef
06-23-2006, 09:29 AM
Try taking lecithin with the oil. I've found that it helps me with gas problems I have when taking healthy oils. Lecithin is a natural emulsifier.

DJ

superhombre2k
06-23-2006, 08:10 PM
I have the same problem with fish oil caps. I was taking 10 a day and even when I take only 6 I get some serious diarrhea. I swear I haven't had a solid **** in a month.

Turnip
06-23-2006, 09:28 PM
I used to take plain shots of the stuff, it has the most god awfull aftertaste you can imagine.