PDA

View Full Version : Cooking with Nitrean?

brad-w
06-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Hey guys,

I just got my order of Nitrean and I am very happy with the over-all taste and how it mixes. Better than any other powder I've tried, and I can't wait to start seeing results! One quick question though, has anyone tried cooking with nitrean? Putting it in a meat pie for example.. ?

Bikkstah
06-22-2006, 06:06 PM
I bake bread with it, make waffles with it...etc...works just as fine as any other protein powder.

Optimum08
06-22-2006, 09:55 PM
chocolate nitrean flavored meat pie?

crazyskater52
06-22-2006, 10:55 PM
and doing this wont get rid of any of the protein in it?

brad-w
06-23-2006, 11:20 PM
ok cool. yeah not chocolate in the meat pie. haha, vanilla you wouldn't really taste.. i dunno. just couldn't think of a good example real fast ;)

SpecialK
06-24-2006, 11:42 PM
I have read on numerous websites that heating up protein powder, as with baking, will denature it.

JaredG
06-26-2006, 10:06 AM
But, at what temperature does it become denatured? I mix it in with my oatmeal after it has come out of the microwave. I always stir it and add in the other ingredients first; PB, splenda, etc. But, it is still very warm.

Something tells me it has to be a pretty high number before it is actually affected.

SpecialK
06-27-2006, 11:03 PM
But, at what temperature does it become denatured? I mix it in with my oatmeal after it has come out of the microwave. I always stir it and add in the other ingredients first; PB, splenda, etc. But, it is still very warm.

Something tells me it has to be a pretty high number before it is actually affected.

How could you tell if the protein had denatured or not after microwaving it? You really couldn't unless you took it to a lab to have it analyzed.

JaredG
06-28-2006, 07:58 AM
I don't know, that's why I was asking. I was just hoping someone like Slim Schaedle would respond or anyone else who knew. I have seen this discussed before, I just don't remember the answers and numbers that were given.