PDA

View Full Version : First Pictures - Hello everyone.

GoodThings
06-23-2006, 12:19 AM
I'm Chris, 22 years old.

I've been lurking on these forums for awhile since I started getting into lifting, and have learned a ton from all of you. I haven't put it all quite into effect yet - I'm still working on that. I have an extremely fast metabolism, and am having big difficulties putting the lbs on. I'm up about 10 lbs since I started lifting 6 weeks ago (joined the local Gold's), but was really hoping for more weight.

-I weigh 146 lbs now.
-I haven't started Deadlifting yet.
-My squat very weak, I would guess my maximum at 135-165. I workout with 95lbs (still figuring out form).
-Flat bench press maximum ~275, workout sets leading up to 215 lbs.
-Lat Pulldown 160lbs
-Bicep single preacher curls 20-25lbs! =)

My routine is:

Day1: Chest / Tris
Day2: Back / Biceps
Day3: Shoulders / Cardio (2 mile run)
Day4: Legs / Abs

I revolve this schedule, and usually do about 4 days a week at the gym varying as I find time. My workout times are about an hour+, and I would like to think I have pretty good intensity for a beginner.

I haven't seen many of you work a run into your routines - what does everyone think about this? Or maybe I'm not paying enough attention.

Pictures below are before I'm going to sleep, no pump (Cold? Is that what you guys say?), flexed. I have no idea what poses to go for here so I'm winging it. Criticisms of all sorts are welcome.

mike831
06-23-2006, 01:01 AM
Ten pounds in six weeks is some pretty good progress. Seems like the pulldowns did their thing with your lats. Keep it up.

ced^_-
06-23-2006, 01:50 AM
looking nice.. great bench!!

Ron Burgundy
06-23-2006, 06:03 AM
Lookin awesome man, can we get a pic of the legs? Looks like you need more built pecs and traps, other then that you look awesome!

jalal90
06-23-2006, 08:02 AM
youve gained ALOT in 6 weeks i wish i could gain that much lol wow good progress you must eat alot lol?

Eszekial
06-23-2006, 08:50 AM
looking swole!

Powdered_Power
06-23-2006, 09:46 AM
Great progress in 6 weeks man... I would never have thought youre only 146lbs, im 160 and you look alot stronger to be honest.

Keep at it!

TOBART
06-23-2006, 09:50 AM
How tall are you? You look a lot bigger than 146lbs! Have you lifted before? A build like that for only 6 weeks of training is unreal.

GoodThings
06-23-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm around 5'7.

I haven't lifted in about 3 years, and I've never lifted as seriously I have now. Three years ago I would mess around with full body workouts, and I gave up after 3 months. there was absolutely no discipline in what I used to do. There is so much valuable information and help on forums like this, especially in subjects like dieting. I tihnk it is going to keep me in a good direction.

Traps comment: I'm not too sure what to do about this. I do shrugs in my shoulder routine, and I'm pretty sure a few of the back exercises I do hit my traps pretty well. If anyone has any suggestions - fire away.

Pecs: I don't think any pics show this too well, I'll try to get one of pecs, not sure how to pose (side?), and legs.

Legs: I'm trying. They are probably very light right now. Squatting is giving me alot of trouble. I do squats, extensions, leg curls, calf raises, and the cardio (8mph running). They are always the most sore of any of my body parts (I know that doesn't indicate progress, but it sure as hell means I'm working them).

Weight comment: I wish I had put on more lbs over these 6 weeks. I started getting into this after reading Chris Masons gain 15 LBS of lean muscle in 30 days thing... I bought the mass stack, and have been drinking a shake of Opticen and a shake of Nitrean once per day (haven't opened the ETS and am waiting 2 more weeks until I start doing creatine). I also have started eating nearly double the calories I used to eat, 4-5 significant meals. I'm not sure what to say. I've put a lot of diet work in, and 10 lbs on the scale isn't making me all too happy. I'll keep at it, hard work seems to pay in this game.

GoodThings
06-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Note to above: I didn't mean to take a shot at or disrespect anything about Chris Masons post - as I didn't even stick straight to the routine he posted. I just had higher expectations - that is all. It seems there was some controvery in that thread anyway.

Keith
06-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Wait.....

Your 5'7" and 146lbs??? :scratch:

I know your not lying lol but that is very hard to believe. You look alot more than 146 dude. Unless the legs really are chicken legs? lol

Looking good though man, keep goin hard!

Focused70
06-23-2006, 11:34 AM
You have a nice base to build on.

We need to see pix of teh wheelz though.

And welcome to the site.

GoodThings
06-23-2006, 11:38 AM
Well, I guess I'm very used to telling people I'm 5'7. Perhaps this isn't the place to be concerned or ashamed about height though. I think last time I measured myself I was a hair over 5'7 with sneakers on.

So I guess barefoot I'm standing under 5'7 (Dare I say, 5'6). 5'6 Sounds like I'm a midgit =(

Also, my legs don't really look like chicken legs, especially my calves, but my thighs are very weak compared to my upper body, and they are small of course (Im less than a 30 waist...)

GoodThings
06-23-2006, 11:38 AM
I'll get some leg pictures and see if I can get chest pictures tonight. You can all point and laugh at the legs.

JarHead 1775
06-23-2006, 11:42 AM
...wait a minute I'm 5'6"..!!! YOU CALLIN" ME a midget..lol. Bro honestly you look heavier than the weight you posted. Your legs must really be slender, no disrespect meant. Keep on working them though.

Focused70
06-23-2006, 03:43 PM
We have real midgets on the site. 5'6" isn't even close. ;)

97muscle
08-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Great job bro. You have a nice frame to build on.

Remember consistency is the key.

MeHoW
08-30-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm 5'6 147-149lbs. You look around there.

Keep on training those legs though.

Asylum
09-01-2006, 07:00 AM
Why do I always get scared when someone uses the word lurking? Nice gains for 6 weeks. I have to agree you look a little bigger than the weight you gave. How much were you eating during your 6 week bulk?