PDA

View Full Version : Will I lose weight if I...

CODmasterJYK
06-23-2006, 08:03 PM
run about 5.6 miles a day in 4 increments. In the morning I run for 20 minutes. Before, after, and in the middle of my work out I run for 10 minutes 20 seconds. That totals to 51 minutes of running per day. I also work out for about 2 hours and 30 minutes a day.

When I run, I run about as fast as I can at a constant rate. My heart rate has even gone up to 190 doing this.

I run about 7 miles per hour. I am 147 pounds and 5 feet 4 inches. I consume about 1800 calories per day. Apparently running plus my daily lifestyle--according to fitday--for that long makes me burn 3344 calories a day. This does not include working out.

motoko013
06-23-2006, 08:09 PM
uh...that doesn't sound too healthy...first, your workouts are too long....way too much cardio....and that doesn't seem like much food....

are you training for cross country or something?

CODmasterJYK
06-23-2006, 08:13 PM
No, but I really wanna lose weight though, cuz wrestling season is coming around. I have been feeling kind of lightheaded lately though

superhombre2k
06-23-2006, 08:20 PM
You should eat more and work out less. You can overdo it easily, and it sounds like you really are.

I would bring your diet up to 2000-2300 calories a day, cut your lifting down to 45-60 minutes a session 3 or 4 days a week, and running should be kept to 10-20 minutes pre- or post-lifting, but not both. On your off days, feel free to go for a 20-30 minute run, but make sure you have at least one day a week where you don't run or lift.

I think even doing this, you will burn enough calories on a daily basis to lose 1-2lbs a week, and that's a healthy rate.

f=ma
06-23-2006, 09:47 PM
2:30 hours a day of pure lifting is just ridiculously excessive

every heard of the law of diminshing returns?

D Breyer
06-23-2006, 10:17 PM
HOLY COW! That is pretty extreme. But then again, wrestlers always seem to take an extreme approach at getting to their weigh-in weight... Sure by doing that you will lose weight but it certainly isn't the most healthy OR effective method. I'm not an expert on wrestling but I'm sure somebody on here is, and can recommend a good way at getting down to your weigh-in weight. (carb cycling?)

mike831
06-24-2006, 01:54 AM
What's your target weight and when do you need to be that weight?

Galosat
06-25-2006, 08:41 AM
run about 5.6 miles a day in 4 increments. In the morning I run for 20 minutes. Before, after, and in the middle of my work out I run for 10 minutes 20 seconds. That totals to 51 minutes of running per day. I also work out for about 2 hours and 30 minutes a day.

When I run, I run about as fast as I can at a constant rate. My heart rate has even gone up to 190 doing this.

I run about 7 miles per hour. I am 147 pounds and 5 feet 4 inches. I consume about 1800 calories per day. Apparently running plus my daily lifestyle--according to fitday--for that long makes me burn 3344 calories a day. This does not include working out.

Ok CodMaster, Here's my suggestion to you.

Both of my brothers we're wrestlers both in High school and college and one became a wrestling assistant coach and the other a Judo teacher and a personal intructor, so we've talked a lot about losing wight in the past and here is what I've tried based on their experience and I've had great results.

For ex: I lost 55 lbs in 3 months and 10 days.

TRY THIS:

Run in the morning on an empty stomach and do it for at least 45 minutes. Shoot for 1 hour.
It has been proven that your body will kick into Fat burning mode faster on an empty stomach.

Lift weights in the afternoon, but no more than 1 hour and do a max of 2
bodyparts per day.
Ex: Monday Chest and Triceps. 3 sets each of 10 reps per set.

Diet: Ok here is where you are going to either achieve success or defeat.

One thing you want to do is try to keep your metabolism running on turbo mode and to do just that you need to be eating just abou every 3 hours. BELIEVE me this will NOT slow you weightloss it will speed it up.

Eat small portions of whole grain food that are low on calories.
Ex: Eggwhite veggie omelet, Salad with either turkey or Chicken Breast, Light Yougurt, Fish-Salmon, Tilapia or Macro.

Dont forget to drink a lot of WATER thru out your day.

Get as much sleep as possible.

Don't forget to at least take a Multivitamin daily.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Holto
06-25-2006, 09:59 AM
You should eat more and work out less. You can overdo it easily, and it sounds like you really are.

I would bring your diet up to 2000-2300 calories a day, cut your lifting down to 45-60 minutes a session 3 or 4 days a week, and running should be kept to 10-20 minutes pre- or post-lifting, but not both. On your off days, feel free to go for a 20-30 minute run, but make sure you have at least one day a week where you don't run or lift.

I think even doing this, you will burn enough calories on a daily basis to lose 1-2lbs a week, and that's a healthy rate.

Good Post Bro!

Holto
06-25-2006, 10:03 AM
One thing you want to do is try to keep your metabolism running on turbo mode and to do just that you need to be eating just abou every 3 hours. BELIEVE me this will NOT slow you weightloss it will speed it up.

I know we read this everyday but it's dead wrong. There have been several studies that have shot this out of the water. What is also significant in terms of actual clinical research is that there has neve been a study that supports this hypothesis.

Here are some studies for anybody up to reading about it:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=66713&highlight=meal+frequency

*Scroll Down to Bradleys 2nd post*

Built
06-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Run in the morning on an empty stomach and do it for at least 45 minutes. Shoot for 1 hour.
It has been proven that your body will kick into Fat burning mode faster on an empty stomach.

Really? And not catabolize muscle? I'd like to read the research that proved this - please post up your proof so we can read it.

LiFtHaTiRoN
06-25-2006, 12:45 PM
2:30 hours a day of pure lifting is just ridiculously excessive

every heard of the law of diminshing returns?

Get in teh gym workout and get out. Once you have stimulated growth, you need to get out of the gym and eat. ANytime after an hour, you are either taking to long of breaks between sets, or you are just burning your muscles to the ground.

LiFtHaTiRoN
06-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Really? And not catabolize muscle? I'd like to read the research that proved this - please post up your proof so we can read it.

You need some carbs in your stomach when you run otherwise you are just going to be burning muslce. Fat burns in a carbohydrate fire. Eat atleast 15-20 carbs before runing 30 would be perfect. Not to many carbs so that your body is just burning them for energy, but enough to get the process started.

Built
06-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Sounds very Covert Bailey.

I am not versed in the endurance-diet stuff. But I'm not at all comfortable recommending extended empty cardio - I did that a few years back, went for empty bike rides in the AM. I started the summer pressing four plates a side on the leg press. By the end of the summer I was pressing two plates a side.

Never, ever again.

Bikkstah
06-25-2006, 01:48 PM
If I don't do morning cardio empty, I puke all over :(

You're running too much to see any gains from doing it. If you must cardio more than once a day, run in the morning or before bed and do the rest on an elliptical or something. Running for 51 minutes+ at 7mph + 2.5 hours a day of weights is just going to overtrain your muscles and give you shin splints.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-25-2006, 02:38 PM
It has been proven that your body will kick into Fat burning mode faster on an empty stomach.I guess if you eventually want to have a stroke or something, you could run in the morning for an hour on an empty stomach. Running after an 8 hour or so fast of not eating is not an intelligent way to go about things, sorry to tell you.

I know we read this everyday but it's dead wrong. There have been several studies that have shot this out of the water. What is also significant in terms of actual clinical research is that there has neve been a study that supports this hypothesis.

Here are some studies for anybody up to reading about it:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...meal+frequency

*Scroll Down to Bradleys 2nd post*I've been looking for studies regarding that issue. Thanks, man. That's been gnawing at my mind for quite some time. Glad to have it cleared up.