PDA

View Full Version : What is and What should never be

Fallen_Angel
06-25-2006, 09:18 AM
Hi, my name is Ari (short for Arielle). I am 19, soon to be 20. I am 5'5 and 160. I am not sure of my body fat; but I am quite sure it is too much, lol.

I was hit by a car, a while back, and was laid up for quite some time. Now that casts are gone and pt is over, I want to lose some weigh and replace the unnecessary fat with muscle.

By starting this log, I hope to stay focus and achieve my goals. To me, putting in writing is a big step in the right direction. The next big step will be to change my eating habits. I have become accustomed to eating at night and staying up late at night. Of course, I have eating the worst things at night: cookies, cake, ice cream. Beginning tomorrow, I plan to replace the sweets with fruits. Also, I am making salads the choice for lunch and dinner. I will not say diet because it would be over be I start. So I will just say, I will make healthier choices when it comes to food. At the moment, I am inclined to having a workout plan of lower body and upper body on alternate days. At least, two days of cardio.

That is about it for now.

Bob
06-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Welcome to WBB Angel... sorry to hear about your accident.. but it sounds like the recovery has given you some new motivation.

Take a look at a information on WBB.. especially the journals... there are more then a few folks like yourself that have overcome accidents, handicaps, being too thin or too fat, too tall or too short, etc... to build and continue to build their physiques and strength.

May I also recommend taking a look at the following WBB programs:
http://www.wannabebig.com/category.php?cat=4
or Baby got Back:
http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=255

Take a look at www.fitday.com for monitoring your diet...

And take a look at Exrx for a listing of different exercises...
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

and try to search WBB for answers to questions.. before posting.. you may save yourself some slamming... LOL

Good luck on your goals.

Fallen_Angel
06-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Thanks so much bearwolf for your welcome and suggestions. The WBB routine will fit perfectly in with my schedule. Two of my friends are willing to workout with me. We all agree that a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule will suit all of ours schedules.

Fallen_Angel
06-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Chest

Flat Barbell Bench press: 2 x 6
Low Incline Dumbbell Press: 2 x 6
Dips: 2 x 6

Back

Chin ups: 2 x3
Deadlifts: 2 x6
Barbell Rows: 2 x 6
Shrugs: 1 x 10

All in all, things went good today. My buddies wanted to go here and there after work; but I knew if I did not start, it would be another couple of months before I did again. In any event, I went to gym alone.

Tomorrow, I am going to visit a friend, who lives on the 16th floor. I will get off on the 6th floor and walk up. I will do this again on Thursday. Maybe, I can get him to join me, lol. Well, eventually :thumbup:

clawhammer_33
06-26-2006, 07:20 PM
No weight posting?

Good luck on your goals!

Built
06-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Accidents blow.

Good to see you here and getting your body back.

Fallen_Angel
06-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Thanks, Built. I have been fighting against getting on the pity pot. However, it sucks really hard that it is summer and I am wearing baggy clothes, lol.

Ok, I have not gotten on the cardio wagon yet. I did do a 30 jumping jacks and was a bit out of breath. Lol, that's an understatement. I will go for the stairs tomorrow.

Legs

Squats: 2 x 6
Hack Squats: 2 x 6
Leg Curls: 2 x6
Straight Legged Deadlifts: 2 x 6
Standing Calve Raises: 2 x 10

Next week, I am planning on replacing the hack squats with lunges. Maybe I am weird: I like lunges, lol.

SpecialK
06-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Does your journal title have anything to do with the Led Zeppelin song by the same name?

Fallen_Angel
06-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Yes, it does.