PDA

View Full Version : Trader Joe's

dtshen
06-25-2006, 09:22 PM
First time in this store ever..

Looks like it's got a lot of interesting stuff, probably make it a weekly stop from now on. Here's what i picked up.. not the healthiest, but i felt pretty lazy.

chicken burrito
organic white tortilla chips
spicy avocado guacamole
onion bagel
salmon sour cream
some organic pizzas

any good things at this storei should be aware of?

Progress
06-25-2006, 09:27 PM
That's where I get my Soy Butter. I actually just picked up two jars tonight, along with some almonds.

If you are "of age" grab some Three Buck Chuck!

arya202
06-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah they specialize in "health/organic" type stuff. It's good. I like the goat cheese pizza.

Tsuki No Neko
06-25-2006, 11:12 PM
If you are "of age" grab some Three Buck Chuck!

Okay, I gotta know what that is now. :P

Progress
06-26-2006, 07:00 AM
Okay, I gotta know what that is now. :P

Haha!

Actually, the price varies, but in Cincinnati you can get a bottle of pretty good wine for like $3.49.

Here's the information on it:

http://www.traderjoes.com/new/chuckshaw.asp

BCC
06-26-2006, 09:23 AM
My parents make trips to Indianapolis to go to Trader Joe's all the time. Decent ingredients in the food. My only weakness is their ginger snaps, damn good.

Unreal
06-26-2006, 09:29 AM
The nut butters are excellent. Try some natual macadaimian nut, or almond, or cashew butter. Natty Cashew butter is sooo good.

MarkY
06-26-2006, 09:37 AM
Trader Joe's also has a good fish selection. Talapia, Dover Sole, Salmon....

arya202
06-26-2006, 02:34 PM
The nut butters are excellent. Try some natual macadaimian nut, or almond, or cashew butter. Natty Cashew butter is sooo good.

Yeah, I love their almond butter because I'm allergic to peanuts.

Progress
06-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Yeah, I love their almond butter because I'm allergic to peanuts.

The Soy Butter > Almond butter. It actually tastes and feels like Peanut Butter. I'm allergic to PB, also.

McIrish
06-27-2006, 08:22 AM
Mmmmmm, three-buck chuck FTW. It's a (surprisingly) decent bottle of wine for around 3 USD.

RedSpikeyThing
06-27-2006, 08:53 AM
Mmmmmm, three-buck chuck FTW. It's a (surprisingly) decent bottle of wine for around 3 USD.

This is when I wish I lived in the states....or at least Quebec. In Ontario, a cheap bottle of wine costs $5-6 and tastes like piss. It's at least $8 before it's worth drinking.

lep86
07-01-2006, 07:34 PM
I go to school in New York City, and they just opened a Trader Joe's three doors down about 3 months ago. I guess it's the only one nearby because there's literally a line halfway down the block with people waiting to get in. And I swear the doors never close because there are constantly people coming in and out.

Anyways, I went in there one day to see what the hype was all about. Well I walked out with some pasta, sauce, oatmeal, and two other items. It came up to just over 6 bucks. I was really surprised. In NYC, oatmeal alone runs you around 5 bucks. After that, I decided that I'd be getting all of my bulking food from there.

covert187
07-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Progress,

The three buck chuck is great, I just hate dealing with all those wanna be hippies in the kenwood area. I'm a proud conservative, but it cracks me up when I go in there. All the Kenwood/Montgomery yuppies trying to act all hippie because it's "cool", drives me nuts. I go there for the three buck chuck once a month, but I get in and out of there ASAP as to not get patchouly oil dripped on me! I really want to walk in there sometime and yell Ann Coulter rules just to see a riot break out, as they all chase me down in there BMW's and Hybrids frothing at the mouth, and drooling down their Che Guevara Tshirts! The thought alone make me laugh!!! Once again the three buck chuck can't be beat!

McIrish
07-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Lol at the patchouli oil crack, it's so true.

shootermcgavin7
01-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Not to resurrect an ancient thread; but they finally opened one of these in Atlanta and it is a pretty cool store.

BostonBull
01-21-2007, 08:32 AM
Trader Joes is Very good!!!

Not as good as whole foods though, prices wise yes but quality wise Whole Foods cant be beat.

Optimum08
01-21-2007, 02:35 PM
man sucks being in a city with so many good places to get food and no transportation to get there.