PDA

View Full Version : Making the Cut!

blustring
06-27-2006, 08:45 AM
Greetings all.
I am starting this new journal in hopes of gaining feedback and motivation from all of you experienced lifters. This post will outline my plan as well as my goals for the next 6 weeks. After the 6 week period is over I will re-evaluate my situation and proceed as needed.

Current Stats:
Height: 6'-1"
Weight: 225 lbs.

6-week Goals:
Weight: 215 lbs.
-36" waist (currently 38")

Long-term Goals:
Weight: 200 lbs.
-34" waist
-10-15% body fat (currently 25%)
-Better Cardiovascular Endurance
-More self confidence

Diet Plan:
Cals: 2400
Pro: 240 g
Carbs: 240 g
Fat: 54 g

-six smaller meals per day
-nothing to eat after 7:00 pm
-minimum of 1 gallon of water intake per day
-1 cheat day per week

Work Out Plan:
-Wanna Be Big Routine #1
I've used this routine before, but this time I'm adding cardio on Day 2 & 4. I had some pretty good results from my last routine, but have been lazy as of late. I was able to get my weight down to 214 before Christmas, but I have not been watching my diet as well as of late. I'm sure I could come up with an excuse, but let's just call it laziness.

I'm starting the routine tomorrow morning with the Legs day. I will post the workout results after training tomorrow morning. As always, any feedback is welcome.
Thanks,
Blu

Eszekial
06-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Sounds like you've got yourself a good knowledge base! Stay disciplined, don't be discouraged when you "gain back some water weight," after a cheat meal. protein post 7pm is fine. Just limit the carbs and fat. Cut back on the carbs a bit and get your fat intake to .5g per lbm.

blustring
06-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Zek,
That shouldn't be a problem. The numbers I posted were just the maximum daily amounts. In truth I probably will not eat quite that much on a daily basis.

-mike

blustring
06-29-2006, 07:04 AM
Date: 6/28/06

The day started off terribly. I arrived at the gym at 6:10 a.m. and there was not a sole there. I noticed a few folks walking laps around the parking lot, so I joined in. The gym I go to is horrible. This is the 2nd time in less than a week that no one showed up to open the gym. I had to postpone my legs workout until Thursday. I went home a ran about 2 miles before bed.

Diet:
6:00 a.m.: 1 scoop of whey, protein bar, 2 cups of coffee
9:00 a.m.: granola
11:30 a.m.: 1 chicken breast, 1 cup safron rice
3:00 p.m.: granola
6:30 p.m.: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of sausage, 1/2 cup grits (no butter)