PDA

View Full Version : Almost 17, 5'9", 184 pounds

Con
06-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Hey guys my names nick and I been around the WBB forums for a while. Finally got some pics up, the quality isnt the best and some are "edited" cuz I was tyring to get the file size down. Was hoping for estimations on bf and any idvise would be great. Im currently cutting, would u guys agree I need that?

thanks

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/con_nick/

ok thanks, i fixed it.

Stumprrp
06-27-2006, 06:16 PM
Hi con, cutting is a difficult task but stick with it! you look about 18-20% to me.

Nicoman
06-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Bulk man.....you have a nice base....good bone structure.

~Nico

RBB
06-27-2006, 07:35 PM
his bf is too high right now to bulk. imo, a recomposition would be ideal for you con. keep your calories slightly lower than maintenance and hit the weights hard, throw in a bit of cardio. you should get some nice noob gains while loosing some fat.

MM
06-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Bulk man.....you have a nice base....good bone structure.

~Nico

Why would you give this advice? Did you look at his pictures?

OP: At your body fat, you should certainly attempt a cut first. If not a classic cut, then just eating cleanly and working out frequently (i.e. a recomposition, as RBB said). If your body fat gets too much higher it's going to be quite unhealthy.

Good luck.

Nicoman
06-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Why would you give this advice? Did you look at his pictures?

OP: At your body fat, you should certainly attempt a cut first. If not a classic cut, then just eating cleanly and working out frequently (i.e. a recompisition, as RBB said). If your body fat gets too much higher it's going to be quite unhealthy.

Good luck.

He is 17 he has sooo much time to bulk to a nice 230 or 240. Then trim down. Me might have those lovehandles which is what made you say to cut but he has absolutely no muscle. He will gain more on a nice bulk than by cutting.

I do not know much about what his goals are though so I must say that I assumed he wanted to get bigger muscles than trim down to look like an average skinny guy.

Anywhoo if you want to tell him to cut and I tell him to bulk then he has the ability to make his own decisions.

Just know these are all opinions and you must ultimately do what you want to ok Con or Nick which is also my name by the way......

Take care and good luck,

~Nico

RBB
06-27-2006, 08:47 PM
you're right, he doesn't have enough muscle to cut. that's why i suggested a recomposition. i think that he could have excellent results. you'd have to be crazy to suggest a bulk when his bf is around 20%. he's 184 and you think he should bulk to 230-240? that's ridiculous, he would probably be close to 30% at that point.

Nicoman
06-27-2006, 09:06 PM
you're right, he doesn't have enough muscle to cut. that's why i suggested a recomposition. i think that he could have excellent results. you'd have to be crazy to suggest a bulk when his bf is around 20%. he's 184 and you think he should bulk to 230-240? that's ridiculous, he would probably be close to 30% at that point.

Woops your right he is 5'9" that would be way too much. I was thinking about me at 6'1" at 270 then loosing bout 53 pounds now on a cut to 217 as you saw on pic thread. I also have had the experience of being able to loose fat faster now with more muscle than just being plain fat trying to loose the fat with no muscle. I guess it has to do with your muscles requiring more energy thus burning fat while on a caloric deficit diet. You also do not look like you were ever fat. Which would have been a nice thing for me if I would have been able to be like that :)

~Nico

Con
06-28-2006, 04:19 AM
Hey guys, I appreciate the input :) .

Nico/Nick(nice to meet someone with the same name) - I thought my bf was a little too high to bulk but everyone have their opinion. I was reading and I read that if your bf is too high you will put on more fat compard to when you are lean. Im not worried about being ultra skinny, would be nice to experience since Ive always been fat. Hell I was 268 at one time.

MM, RBB, Stumprrp- Thankls for the advise aswell. I am cutting on 2000 cals on odd days and 2200 on workout days. Since I gained weight very slowly before at 2500 cals a day Im assuming where at now with cals is good for a recomposition or even a start to a cut. Gotta see how things go.

Thanks again guys.