PDA

View Full Version : smolov- my squat vid

greek_lifter
06-28-2006, 10:57 AM
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=17120DEC1196030F (2nd set, 1set was easy as cake)

oh yes i m strong.. i ll keep getting stronger

Keith
06-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Solid. Good depth.

Tofer
06-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Is that a Smith Machine?

greek_lifter
06-28-2006, 12:22 PM
its a sliding smith like a squat rack. the motion is not up or down like a smith machine. barely any difference with free weights

i dead 200kg+
:D i love smolov

D Breyer
06-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Why not just use free weights then?

greek_lifter
06-28-2006, 01:09 PM
thats the only rack my gym has.
i deadlift and olympic lift free weights though.

Stumprrp
06-28-2006, 02:59 PM
it was good, but it stinks you have to use the smith, what was the about 415?

Canadian Crippler
06-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Hate to be an ass but if you tried that weight using a barbell you'd kill yourself.

greek_lifter
06-28-2006, 05:15 PM
sorry, but because you ain't got the leg strength that doesn't take away from my hard work. this is not a smith machine. wtf are u talking about?! Do u think i d get buried by this weight if it was a barbell?But guess what, this IS a barbell. Am i missing sth?! I worked very hard to get there. Why is this so unbelievable? Smith machines restrict you in a linear motion. this DOES NOT. its free weight basically.

Nosaj
06-28-2006, 05:22 PM
You don't have to support your side to side motion at all, therefore this is NOT the same as free weight. Your ego is bigger than your legs. Lose the attitude and maybe you'll get more responses that you're looking for.

HeavyBomber
06-28-2006, 05:27 PM
All I know is you got the lift. A lot of people would have stalled and bailed but you kept with it and straightened it out. Good job.

greek_lifter
06-28-2006, 05:40 PM
nosaj, u r just wrong. By restricting the side to side motion, you don't develop unilateral leg imbalances, if u know what i mean. I have back squatted regularly by cleaning, split jerking the weight and lowering it down. I really don't find the motion any different. It could even be slightly easier.
Smolov is basically dual factor theory right?

JSully
06-28-2006, 05:42 PM
It's really not even that much weight. Smith or barbell.

But I've got a bad knee and I'll out squat or deadlift you any day. This is not a place for ego because when ego shines is when people like me stomp it into the dirt.

Start training with free weights, get a 500+ squat then start bragging. Until then, quiet down little man.

greek_lifter
06-28-2006, 05:45 PM
yeah but guess what i am 74kg. 175cm. i am not bragging

ok the leg pictures suck, cause they were taken after a long taper. that why they dont look that big

JSully
06-28-2006, 05:47 PM

not bragging?

what's that called in greek?

JSully
06-28-2006, 05:49 PM
i dead 200kg+
:D i love smolov

again not bragging?

c'mon. And for the metric impaired that's 440lbs. Everybody watch out!

greek_lifter
06-28-2006, 05:51 PM
:P, maybe i was a little bit!

JSully
06-28-2006, 05:57 PM
yeah but guess what i am 74kg. 175cm.

I'm sorry you're short, but you don't need to come here and take it out on us. That's just how the cards were dealt.

So, now that makes it all ok. You can go back to your smith machine and continue squatting pussy weight with your 6" ROM. Have a fantabulous day.

Nobody likes a bragger.

sharkall2003
06-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Learn to squat the real way and I will give you props. Yeah, you might be a hell of a lot stronger than I am, but atleast I don't go around thinking I am hott stuff. Atleast I don't have to use a machine. I would rather squat half of what you do and do it the real way.

Nosaj
06-28-2006, 06:02 PM
By restricting the side to side motion, you don't develop unilateral leg imbalances

Yes, because my post focused so much on the development of "unilateral" leg imbalances, right?

You could take CC up on his challenge and lift the same weight with free weights, or you could just go back to photoshopping pictures of yourself and stroking your ego.

sharkall2003
06-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Yes, because my post focused so much on the development of "unilateral" leg imbalances, right?

You could take CC up on his challenge and lift the same weight with free weights, or you could just go back to photoshopping pictures of yourself and stroking your ego.

I'm pretty sure his ego was crushed by "Little" Jake.

greek_lifter
06-28-2006, 06:10 PM
Anyway, whatever my intention was not to brag, but to post my smolov experience. I don't think i am hot stuff, but i know i have worked hard to increase my strength on many lifts squats, olympic lifts, deads, bench press, chin ups, and military press, plus some gymnastics.
my other lifts are and are not posted to brag
bench press (free weight): 125kg 1rm (no spot)
chin ups: bw+56kg for 2 strict full rom reps, and one arm chin up with my right arm
military press: 1rm =82.5kg
powerclean=115 .. ok that was 3 months ago http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B4A566C5313157E4

i am not asking you to give me props.

i used smolov to increase my squat. the base mesocycle was very ugly, i was overreached and was neurally fatigued. After the taper though, i was reborn. give it a try

JSully
06-28-2006, 06:13 PM
I don't even know how to reply to those #'s after our previous argument.

Good day sir.

EDIT: after reviewing the pictures and videos, I have come to the conclusion that either pictures aren't you or the videos aren't you.

Second, I've also come up with the GREAT idea to make this a bragging thread. What do you all think? Nosaj? Sharkall? Ok, I'll go first, since you've started, I'll just list my 1RM PRs for each lift you stated ok?
bench- 460lbs, military press- 315lbs x2reps, chin ups- bw+90lbs x6reps, and powerclean 315lbs x2reps. Now, the only shame is, I'm really NOT bragging. over half the people on this site know me very well, and all know that I'm pretty humble in the fact that I don't brag much. I'm just another bodybuilder/powerlifter looking to better his lifts, and there is always someone out there better than me.

I think you forgot to take that class.

Gutz981
06-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Jake 1 Dumbass 0.

greek_lifter
06-28-2006, 06:33 PM
ok, believe what u want man. good day to you too.. i
if you don't think it's me in the photos, go ahead. I have not an impressive physique but i have low bodyfat and i am standing under the lamp in my room.

Natetaco
06-28-2006, 06:42 PM
its not that we dont believe you in the photos, its just that you have a huge ego and are being an A$$. I predict ban soon:rolleyes:

Nicoman
06-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Ok guys let's be nice. I think a lot of people have a hate of Smith machines simply because of the lack of ROM. I do see the thing you are using moves so that you are not restricted to a straight up down movement.

Some gyms are now getting this machine for the ladies that are afraid of the squat rack. My gym got rid of an old squat rack and got one like the one you use, I beatched about it so they brought it back.....not just for me though apparently a lot of others also complained.

Keep going man...

Take care,

HeavyBomber
06-28-2006, 08:26 PM
yeah but guess what i am 74kg. 175cm. i am not bragging

ok the leg pictures suck, cause they were taken after a long taper. that why they dont look that big

They look pretty big.

WildCard
06-28-2006, 08:26 PM
sorry, but because you ain't got the leg strength that doesn't take away from my hard work. this is not a smith machine. wtf are u talking about?! Do u think i d get buried by this weight if it was a barbell?But guess what, this IS a barbell. Am i missing sth?! I worked very hard to get there. Why is this so unbelievable? Smith machines restrict you in a linear motion. this DOES NOT. its free weight basically.

what he said. some people will find fault with everything, and canadian's post was uncalled for. I would like to see pics of all the haters who posted on this board. most likely a bunch of teenagers who are not happy with themselves so they try to put others down. god this makes me so mad.

smalls
06-28-2006, 10:16 PM
How does the internet make people mad? Arent you like mid 20's or something, you havent learned to control your emotions yet?

I'm sure the "haters" in this thread have a problem with his attitude not so much the lift. Being cocky is not very openly accepted, of course it's not going to go over well when your first post states how strong you are.

Canadian Crippler
06-28-2006, 11:29 PM
Jake, you're making me feel bad when saying 415lbs is pussy weight. I'd be more than stoked to squat that in a year, lol.

Hockey66
06-29-2006, 01:12 AM
Anyway, whatever my intention was not to brag, but to post my smolov experience. I don't think i am hot stuff, but i know i have worked hard to increase my strength on many lifts squats, olympic lifts, deads, bench press, chin ups, and military press, plus some gymnastics.
my other lifts are and are not posted to brag
bench press (free weight): 125kg 1rm (no spot)
chin ups: bw+56kg for 2 strict full rom reps, and one arm chin up with my right arm
military press: 1rm =82.5kg
powerclean=115 .. ok that was 3 months ago http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B4A566C5313157E4

i am not asking you to give me props.

i used smolov to increase my squat. the base mesocycle was very ugly, i was overreached and was neurally fatigued. After the taper though, i was reborn. give it a try

I don't mean to burst your happy bubble, but Gutz is 15 and putting up numbers larger than that.

Is is bad if I brag for someone else? :p

greek_lifter
06-29-2006, 04:06 AM
yes, good for him!! congrats

greek_lifter
06-29-2006, 04:47 AM
canadian crippler 415lbs~189kg
my attempt was 182.5, less than 415

Stumprrp
06-29-2006, 05:33 AM
this thread needs to be closed

Keith
06-29-2006, 10:09 AM
Not just the thread, but this guy needs to get banned.

You wonder why people knock you like they do. Its your attitude and ego. Let it go, and if not, leave this place because it wont get you anywhere. There are MUCH stronger people in here and the last thing they would do is brag.
The worst thing is, you know it and when people point it out, your too stubborn and narrow minded to admit you came across the wrong way and apologize.

Canadian Crippler
06-29-2006, 11:15 AM
I think what's even more pathetic than the bragging is all the people getting so high strung about.

It's the internet, calm down.

chris mason
06-29-2006, 12:01 PM
Jake, perhaps he is having trouble due to the language barrier and cultural differences. He may not be trying to be a jerk.

greek_lifter
06-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Why would i need to brag to unknown people? and plz stop telling me that there are stronger trainees than me. U think i don't know that?

The thread was primarily made to post my progress of my squatting due to smolov.
Smolov in Europe is what is Westside to America, in my opinion.
Smolov makes you really strong if you make it through... it's really very hard, basically like a planned overreaching period. Anyone here had an experience with smolov cycle?

chris mason
06-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Why would i need to brag to unknown people? and plz stop telling me that there are stronger trainees than me. U think i don't know that?

The thread was primarily made to post my progress of my squatting due to smolov.
Smolov in Europe is what is Westside to America, in my opinion.
Smolov makes you really strong if you make it through... it's really very hard, basically like a planned overreaching period. Anyone here had an experience with smolov cycle?

What you typed in english comes across as bragging. Perhaps you did not mean to do so?

Chris

Stumprrp
06-29-2006, 01:45 PM
do you have any links with smolov that we could check out?

Gutz981
06-29-2006, 02:06 PM
I don't mean to burst your happy bubble, but Gutz is 15 and putting up numbers larger than that.

Is is bad if I brag for someone else? :p

hah 16 bro. But dude I'd give my strength for your build. I saw them cutting pictures. **** your gonna rival Bcc soon. Keep me updated with your progress bro. Last ones were on a cut I beleive. Go on a bulk and make me look like even more of a pussy. :)

Canadian Crippler
06-29-2006, 02:11 PM
I'd give my rugged good looks for your strength Gutz OR your size Hockey.

Of course that isn't possible, so I'll just struggle with being a skinny, weak, extremely good looking teenager.

Keith
06-29-2006, 02:16 PM
I'd give my rugged good looks for your strength Gutz OR your size Hockey.

Of course that isn't possible, so I'll just struggle with being a skinny, weak, extremely good looking teenager.

I like how you emphasize your point with extremely. I, myself am in the same position. Especially being at 19yrs old, id do pretty much anything to be the size of Hockey at 16!

Canadian Crippler
06-29-2006, 02:17 PM
What's even more agitating is that we're the same weight and height essentially. He just looks so much damn bigger.

greek_lifter
06-29-2006, 02:18 PM
here take a look
http://www.joeskopec.com/smolov.html
http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/81/
http://www.ontariostrongman.ca/Resources/training/smolovsquatcycle.htm

Stumprrp
06-29-2006, 02:31 PM
ive read about this before actually, looks great.

JSully
06-29-2006, 05:25 PM
What's even more agitating is that we're the same weight and height essentially. He just looks so much damn bigger.

What's even more agitating is my size, strength, and extremely good looks.

Doesn't that just piss ya off?

I would however give it all just to be 5% bodyfat for a week. :(

JSully
06-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Jake, perhaps he is having trouble due to the language barrier and cultural differences. He may not be trying to be a jerk.

I thought about that, but then he continued to argue.

Canadian Crippler
06-29-2006, 05:34 PM
What's even more agitating is my size, strength, and extremely good looks.

Doesn't that just piss ya off?What's even more agitating is the thought that you very well may never be able to touch a steroid again.

Doesn't that just piss ya off? :french:

greek_lifter
06-29-2006, 05:39 PM

JSully
06-29-2006, 05:41 PM
What's even more agitating is the thought that you very well may never be able to touch a steroid again.

Doesn't that just piss ya off? :french:

Nope, doesn't piss me off. Because even when you're all juiced up and monstrous, I'll still be able to beat the **** out of you.

:D

Canadian Crippler
06-29-2006, 07:20 PM
At least I won't be on a leash. :p

Hockey66
06-29-2006, 08:19 PM
I would however give it all just to be 5% bodyfat for a week. :(

Bah, I feel you brother.

I thought my cut was going well, but now that I'm bulking again I've put almost all the fat back on.

Stupid not being lean.

Canadian Crippler
06-29-2006, 10:20 PM
You went from 180 to 205 in like 2 weeks, what do you expect?

FighterInSnatch
06-29-2006, 11:34 PM
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=17120DEC1196030F (2nd set, 1set was easy as cake)

Dude cut the attitude. Get off yourself.

Edit: Whats sad is half the board is stronger than you.

Figher.

FighterInSnatch
06-29-2006, 11:40 PM
Your legs look good but John Basetow's look better.

greek_lifter
06-30-2006, 03:11 AM
i am competing against my self, so i don't care if others are stronger (there are many)

Goodwinm
06-30-2006, 07:40 AM
greek men give me the creeps....

So how much weight was that squat anyhow?

greek_lifter
06-30-2006, 07:46 AM
182.5kg or 401lbs for two sets of singles.. squats and deads were always my strong lifts...
bench press was sucky, though... now i also probably have impringement so..

Goodwinm
06-30-2006, 07:50 AM
182.5kg or 401lbs for two sets of singles.. squats and deads were always my strong lifts...
bench press was sucky, though... now i also probably have impringement so..
quite strong stuff man. but why are u greek? lol :p

FighterInSnatch
06-30-2006, 08:31 AM
This guy irritates me. I wish someone would close this thread. The lift was impressive but you annoy me. :thumbup:

bjohnso
07-26-2006, 08:36 PM
greek men give me the creeps....

So how much weight was that squat anyhow?

Why do Greek men give you the creeps? lol

Goodwinm
07-27-2006, 04:05 AM
Why do Greek men give you the creeps? lol
lol. Because there just so damn weird. When my gf went to Greece she got harrassed and harrassed by greek men who kept trying to flirt with her and she kept saying she had a bf and she was not interested.
Theyre all the same lol. Black hair, tanned, and look like zeus. damn weirdo's. All they want is to get into womens pants ffs.