PDA

View Full Version : Healthy....

arya202
06-28-2006, 01:57 PM
If you think about it as bodybuilders what makes something healthy? IF it fits in our macros? Normal people like to think of fruits and veggies as healthy.

But for us isn't anything that fits in our macros healthy?

Couldn't we eat chocolate cakes and quarter pounders as long as it fits are calories and we get over .5 fat 1 protien per LBM?

JustLost
06-28-2006, 03:02 PM
If you think about it as bodybuilders what makes something healthy? IF it fits in our macros? Normal people like to think of fruits and veggies as healthy.

But for us isn't anything that fits in our macros healthy?

No. The definition of "healthy" doesn't change for a bodybuilder. Now it's true that there are some people who ignore overall health while working toward size and leanness, but I'm not sure I'd so much call them "bodybuilders" as "morons".

Fitting into our macros doesn't make it "healthy"; it just makes it, well, fit our macros. There's more to nutrition than macronutrients.

Couldn't we eat chocolate cakes and quarter pounders as long as it fits are calories and we get over .5 fat 1 protien per LBM?

To some extent, yes. In moderation, almost anything is okay.

Jorge Sanchez
06-28-2006, 04:07 PM
:withstupi

Just because you lift weights, that doesn't make a BigMac healthy.

drew
06-28-2006, 04:18 PM
:withstupi

Just because you lift weights, that doesn't make a BigMac healthy.
It also doesn't make it wrong ;)

Sometimes Big Macs are a necessity. :burger:

Jorge Sanchez
06-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Maybe if you want to spend the next couple of hours on the toilet.:fart:

I wasn't actually saying there was anything wrong with it, I was just saying he shouldn't trick himself into thinking it's healthy because it fits into his caloric needs.

RedSpikeyThing
06-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Yeah I agree with the above posts 100% (Especially about the Big Macs ;))
I would say that healthy food should have lots of nutritional value. That is, it contains vitamins, minerals, fibre, good fat, etc. I would also consider less processed food healthier than more processed foods.

MagnaSephiroth
06-28-2006, 06:26 PM
In the other viewpoint, all food is more healthy then no food (ie not eating)