PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight And just being strong and healthy overall

Harryhood
06-28-2006, 02:50 PM
I am looking for someone to help me create a diet and work out plan for me. I don't want to sign up at a gym and I also don't have any weights at home. I am 18 years old. I am trying to quit smoking currently (been a smoker since 15) I feel like I am so far from the shape i want to be in its sad.

I weigh 164lbs. I can bench about 150lbs. I want to be stronger, healthier, and just in great healthy shape. I need an exact plan to go on. Running, pushups, situps, pullups..I have no idea whatever it takes..I am willing to do. If someone could help me with this..I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Unreal
06-28-2006, 03:17 PM
Stop smoking, get your diet setup, and start lifting heavy weights.

Jorge Sanchez
06-28-2006, 04:06 PM
I doubt anyone is just going to hand you all of that.

Reading... it's your friend.

JustLost
06-28-2006, 04:22 PM
I doubt anyone is just going to hand you all of that.

Reading... it's your friend.

Very true.

With that said:

1. read the stickies in this forum

2. Google for "bodyweight exercises"

3. The exercises you mention are a good start pullups, pushups, situps, plus hanging leg raises and bodyweight squats (aka "deep knee bends") will give you a start on strength.

Stop smoking, get your diet setup, and start lifting heavy weights.

Totally good advice. Stop smoking before we all kick your ass. Then, buy, beg, borrow, or steal some weights. You can get an Olympic barbell and plenty of plates for about a hundred dollars. Use the money you save by not smoking. With that and no other gear, you can do lots of exercises and build plenty of strength. If money is too tight for that, google "sandbag training". ;)

Harryhood
06-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Is there anywhere that is really good on the net that I can find good diet plan to put myself on. Help is much appreciated.

Built
06-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Link in my sig for how to cut and for baby got back.

Done.

Deathwish
06-29-2006, 03:36 AM
Is there anywhere that is really good on the net that I can find good diet plan to put myself on. Help is much appreciated. Yeah, you're at the site. Browse the forums. Look at cutting diets and how to make one and you'll be set. Once you learn how to do it...it's easy to make a diet.

My best tip is to make a diet consisting of food you will WANT to eat. If you don't want to eat it, you'll have a hell of a time sticking with it

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-29-2006, 07:23 PM
I don't want to sign up at a gymWhy?

I am looking for someone to help me create a diet and work out plan for me.
I also don't have any weights at home.What do you think you're going to accomplish with no weights? o_0 What are your goals? Calisthenics is your only option without weights, but I'm not certain how much progress you're going to make with bodyweight exercises alone. You may see gains for a while, but that might be short-lived.