PDA

View Full Version : 19, And tired of being skinny.

DeviceX
06-28-2006, 07:10 PM
Currently I haven't been working out very much, I'm recovering from a knee blow out playing basketball. Also from a dislocated shoulder.

I at first started lightly lifting to get my knee and shoulder stronger. And now that they are, I want to get into more serious work out.

Here is two pictures, both in a relaxed position:

Before knee/shoulder:
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/4222/week28uk.jpg

After:
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/7945/untitled6ei1.png

Any comments, or suggestions are welcome!

toki
06-28-2006, 07:22 PM
pull your pants up.

and eat more.

pinky8713
06-28-2006, 07:37 PM
Browse around the website man. All the information you need is here.

The main thing you need to do though is eat more.

Bohizzle
06-28-2006, 07:51 PM
pull your pants up.

and eat more.
:withstupi, and take a look at WBB 1 as a routine, should do u well.

Andrew

Nito
06-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Bulk up bro!

diesel_dan
06-28-2006, 08:28 PM
To the op, hit the weights and start eating. Eat until you think you cannot eat anymore, then force yourself to eat.

Nicoman
06-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Just be carefull on your bench as I had a friend that had a concaved chest so he used a bit of padding on his benches and it helped him extremely.

Nosaj
06-28-2006, 09:49 PM
To the OP: You gotta eat, you gotta sleep and you gotta lift. You need some weight! Eat man, eat! When it hurts so much from eating, eat some more, your stomach will learn to stretch out! :)

Antonious
06-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Goodluck, like it's already been said more then enough information is available on the site, check out WBB1, eat alot, drink alot of water, get enough sleep, take a multi vitamen, that should do ya.. - and who gives a **** if someone told him to pull his pants up maybe he should, that's dangerously low and asking for an accidental pub peak.

sharkall2003
06-28-2006, 10:43 PM
OP: Start eating more food, but make sure that what you eat is healthy. Don't inhale a large amount of snickers' or other candy bar. Make sure you are sleeping well and lifting on schedule. Good luck.

People who bitch: Let's try and keep this forum a place that's friendly and informative. I'm not a moderator, but everyone is blowing one comment out of proportion. If you don't like it, ignore it.

HahnB
06-29-2006, 02:39 AM
Workout 3 days a week with all compound movements, no more. Eat everything in sight. Read here.

Canadian Crippler
06-29-2006, 02:45 AM
So you're skinny, what else is there to say? Eat up brother.

Davidelmo
06-29-2006, 07:33 AM
Here is your new routine:
http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25

Here is your best weight gain supplement:
700ml of milk, 2 scoops whey protein, 100g of oats, 4 tablespoons peanut butter

Use this site www.exrx.com look up any exercises you don't understand

Use www.fitday.com to monitor how much you're eating.

MM
06-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Here is your new routine:
http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25

Use this site www.exrx.com look up any exercises you don't understand

Use www.fitday.com to monitor how much you're eating.

This is an awesome reply. It should be the official WBB welcome post.

surfer16
06-29-2006, 09:59 AM
yeah david summed it up really. eat up bro we wana see you get big :thumbup:

Powdered_Power
06-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Its been said to death pal, but EAT EAT EAT and IMO squats, deadlifts benchpress!

But the diet part is extremely important, theyre the bricks youre going to build your brick ****house with ;-)

Best of luck! well be expecting a report back in 2-3 months

method115
06-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Just wanted to add don't eat till you wanna throw up I don't know why people always say this but it's stupid. Just eat every 2 hours as much as you can without feeling like your gonna throw up, you'll start gaining weight fast. All this eat until you feel sick and then keep going is just dumb don't do it.

lifteroiho
06-29-2006, 10:09 PM
For the love of humor, smile!
There are studies that have suggested that those who have better attitudes about their devlopment tend to end up doing better than those who don't, even when they follow the same regmin.

Of course: bench pressing, squats, deadlifts, eating good and hearty meals many times a day, getting at least 9 hours of good sleep, and a good protein suppliment; help too ;) .

Best of luck! :)

Davidelmo
06-30-2006, 12:34 PM
So many good replies in this thread.. but i wonder if he will come back

wdjuqi
07-05-2006, 04:33 PM

How many calories is that? Should you just buy all that stuff in bulk?

By the way, I have a question. If you drink 3-4 shakes a day with meals and you know for sure how many calories those shakes are...why do you need to track on FitDay? Why can't you use your shakes to get to a certain calorie level and just estimate on everything else you eating? Say you drink 4-1,000 calorie shakes a day plus eat. You'll definitely know that you're getting 4,000 calories that day. Anything else that day is icing on the cake. If you're super skinny...does it matter if you eat a little too many calories that day?

McIrish
07-05-2006, 04:56 PM
How many calories is that? Should you just buy all that stuff in bulk?

By the way, I have a question. If you drink 3-4 shakes a day with meals and you know for sure how many calories those shakes are...why do you need to track on FitDay? Why can't you use your shakes to get to a certain calorie level and just estimate on everything else you eating? Say you drink 4-1,000 calorie shakes a day plus eat. You'll definitely know that you're getting 4,000 calories that day. Anything else that day is icing on the cake. If you're super skinny...does it matter if you eat a little too many calories that day?

It probably does not matter, but for many people, "eat a lot!" is just too vague. If you're aiming at getting 4000-4500 calories, sure, go for it, just guestimate. Otherwise, you might want to track if you want to be more accurate.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Overcoming injuries is a bitch. But now that you are through the injuries, you gotta BULK UP. Eat like a ravenous shark. Lift heavy. Sleep well.

Here's some links for ya:
Gaining Mass
(http://www.atlargenutrition.com/gainingmass.php)WBB Routine #1 (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25)
Best of Diet and Nutrition Threads (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=65848)
Best of Bodybuilding and Fitness Threads
(http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=34313)What A Bodybuilder Eats (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565)

Also...start tracking everything you eat on www.fitday.com.

wdjuqi
07-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Is Davidelmo the only one who knows how many calories that shake is listed above?

SpecialK
07-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Is Davidelmo the only one who knows how many calories that shake is listed above?

What do you mean? Just put the stuff into fitday and see for yourself.

Tofer
07-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Dude, it's not that difficult to figure out.

700ml of milk=~450 calories
2 scoops whey protein=~220 calories
100g of oats=~350 calories
4 tablespoons peanut butter=~400 calories

And Ta-DA...

Total=~1420 calories

dblockspky
07-05-2006, 08:48 PM
hey. just make sure you consistantly lift. as somebody who used to be skinny at the beginning of high school and i'm now graduating i understand what you're tryin to do. You're not gonna have to eat a ****load as some people may tell you since you're beginning. You'll notice big differences in a couple weeks by just eating a little bit more than you normally do and lift CONSISTANTLY. after a couple weeks and your body is used to it then you might wanna look in to eating a lot more and getting supplements to aid in your progress

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-05-2006, 09:09 PM
You're not gonna have to eat a ****load as some people may tell you since you're beginning.I agree. Newbie gains are a wonderful thing.

Consistency is key. Don't take 3 month long breaks. Keep on it and stay dedicated.

bjohnso
07-07-2006, 06:29 PM
pull your pants up.

and eat more.

It's damn hard to find pants that fit when you're that skinny, I would know. To the OP: eat! Eat everything you see, and then eat some more!

Mad Max
07-08-2006, 01:49 PM
You look so sad.

Some really good advice in this thread

Really it can not be emphasized enough, eat, eat, eat, eat. Forget all you past conceptions of what it means to eat, there really is no such thing as too much food in the world of body building.

Davidelmo
07-09-2006, 05:57 AM
A shame all of our advice seems wasted.. he hasn't even posted a reply :(

Tofer
07-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Well, as with the majority of people, he probably looked at himself in the mirror one day and realized he didn't like what he saw, and decided he would do whatever it took to change it. Then when he realized it would take a ton work and dedication, he decided it wasn't worth the effort and gave up. It happens all the time. That's why there are so many people out there who are unhappy with the way they look.

DeviceX
07-12-2006, 01:29 AM
Well, as with the majority of people, he probably looked at himself in the mirror one day and realized he didn't like what he saw, and decided he would do whatever it took to change it. Then when he realized it would take a ton work and dedication, he decided it wasn't worth the effort and gave up. It happens all the time. That's why there are so many people out there who are unhappy with the way they look.

I did look at myself in the mirror one day, And I did say "I want to be just a little bit bigger so I don't look gangly."

I haven't posted a response because I've had my second session of summer school classes started and I haven't had much free time lately.

But, on the brighter side, this week I've started a 5 day work out plan.

Mondays : Chest/Bi's
Tuesdays: Cardio
Wens: Shoulders/Tris/Back
Thursday: Legs/Core
Friday: Chest/Bi's

Along with the that I've started to eat more meals about 3-5 a day, with 2 whey protien shakes thrown in at the morning, and after work outs. With suppliments of L-Glut.

And as far as pants are concerned, It is hard to find stuff that fits when you are 6'5 and have a 29 inch waist... So pants comments really don't offend me, because it's hard to find decent fiting pants/shorts.

DeviceX
07-12-2006, 01:57 AM
And as an after thought the only day i'd consider skippin is tuesday for obvious reasons. :-p

toki
07-12-2006, 02:17 AM
I did look at myself in the mirror one day, And I did say "I want to be just a little bit bigger so I don't look gangly."

I haven't posted a response because I've had my second session of summer school classes started and I haven't had much free time lately.

Along with the that I've started to eat more meals about 3-5 a day, with 2 whey protien shakes thrown in at the morning, and after work outs. With suppliments of L-Glut.

And as far as pants are concerned, It is hard to find stuff that fits when you are 6'5 and have a 29 inch waist... So pants comments really don't offend me, because it's hard to find decent fiting pants/shorts.

good luck to you man, in all seriousness. I'm only 6'1-6'2 and not looking gangly is proving to be harder than expected...even after gaining ~30lbs (25ish of that muscle) over the last 4 months people tell me I look better - but still skinny. It's going to be a long road, just keep on track with your diet and supplements and gains will come. Don't get discouraged, just think about how much more impressive when you are built on a 6'5 frame.

Tofer
07-12-2006, 10:43 AM

Okay, but you should know that your routine sucks. Why are you hitting chest and biceps twice a week and everything else once? If you want to hit everything twice, do an upper/lower split. I also wouldn't recommend three straight days of lifting when you're just a beginner. There are a ton of good routines out there. You definitely aren't ready to customize your own.

surfer16
07-12-2006, 10:44 AM
good luck diviceX, theres alot of people on here that wana help you reach your goals.

DeviceX
07-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Okay, but you should know that your routine sucks. Why are you hitting chest and biceps twice a week and everything else once? If you want to hit everything twice, do an upper/lower split. I also wouldn't recommend three straight days of lifting when you're just a beginner. There are a ton of good routines out there. You definitely aren't ready to customize your own.

I do chest bi's monday friday, because On monday I have limited time to work out on monday. About 20 mins, after warming up. So Monday doesn't really count imo.

I'm not a beginner either, I've had alot of work out due to basketball camp, and all that. This is rather laxed considered what I used to do for basketball.

DeviceX
08-04-2006, 05:16 PM
..... blah blah blah

After:
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/7945/untitled6ei1.png

Any comments, or suggestions are welcome!

Well it has been over one month! Decided to take a look at this post, and take some pictures today.

http://img306.imageshack.us/img306/2477/backyard122ww2.jpg

http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/703/backyard126jh1.jpg

Have had that much to pinch off since I was a wee lad! haha. I've gained about 11 lbs this month! Not too shabby!

I'd do a wheels shot, but currently my legs are a hairy forest that I'm nairing tomorrow. So i'll hook that one up then.

Here's to seeing what next month looks like!

wdjuqi
08-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Just curious...what's your diet look like? From one really skinny guy to another. :burger:

You do look a little bit bigger. Not bad for only a month!

Hockey66
08-04-2006, 09:10 PM
I can definately see some size in your delts/traps.. awesome work!

SirPhil
08-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Keep up the awesome work man. I see a big improvement since the last pictures.

stevec087
08-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Your body is beginning to fill out. You should be proud.. Don't stop tho, now you have to work that much harder.

WBBIRL
08-08-2006, 08:21 PM
I really am sick of wanting to be skinny....

Anywho, nice work so far

Just keep on keepin on and before you know it you'll be 185-200lbs working on your first cut.

Hockey66
08-08-2006, 08:31 PM

Anywho, nice work so far

Just keep on keepin on and before you know it you'll be 185-200lbs working on your first cut.

^^^

I remember when I was a 145 saying I want to get up to 180 and then I'll be happy, now I'm 210 and still going.

HahnB
08-09-2006, 01:05 AM
Great job on the weight gain. There's a big difference there and you've only gained 11lbs.

Bigwhitemale
08-09-2006, 02:39 AM
I can see you'll eventually turn into a monster. You have wide shoulders and a small waist. You gained weight, some of it is muscle and some of it is fat, try not to get too much fat though, although it is true that you can burn it later, and bulk up first, but I've seen too many people bulk up, get fat and big, then when they try to cut up, for whatever reason, they can't get rid of all the fat, sometimes is best to gain muscle gradually, without gaining any fat, in my opinion. Work out high intensity style, go real heavy, with good form, dude I wish I could train you, I would train you for free and turn you into a beast, strong , powerful and big. Good luck bro...;)

drew ali
08-09-2006, 09:33 PM
i can defiantley see the progess!!

gusthebus
08-09-2006, 09:35 PM
hey, gratz on the 11 pounds keep it up, i had the same prob about 3 months ago, just keep eating and lifting, and wbb1 did wounders for me give it a try
~gus

Clifford Gillmore
08-10-2006, 01:23 AM

Anywho, nice work so far

People cut at that weight? Are you bullsh*tting me?

Good progress so far man!

Guido
08-10-2006, 08:52 AM
11 lbs is a lot in just over a month! With your 6'5" frame it's not going to show up THAT much, but there is some noticeable difference in your arm thickness, delts, and traps. Keep at it and you'll be non-skinny soon enough, which will look real impressive on a 6'5 guy!

sharkall2003
08-10-2006, 08:58 AM
^^^

I remember when I was a 145 saying I want to get up to 180 and then I'll be happy, now I'm 210 and still going.

I remember when I was 185 and wanted to be 165. Then someone told me that if I wanted to look ripped (because I was very misinformed) that I would have to gain lots of weight so I would have muscle. I bulked to 230 then cut down to 200 and now I feel like a weak sumbiatch.

OP: Congrats on gaining some mass. Keep on truckin' along. Believe me, it's worth it!

Yah Yah
09-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Dude, it's not that difficult to figure out.

700ml of milk=~450 calories
2 scoops whey protein=~220 calories
100g of oats=~350 calories
4 tablespoons peanut butter=~400 calories

And Ta-DA...

Total=~1420 calories
So how fast do you drink this? I picked up the ingredients tonight and made it, and its a lot more than I expected. very filling too. im on my second glass and i feel like i cant drink any more.. i guess cus im so skinny. it's almost like 3-4 shakes isnt it?

Tofer
09-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Personally I don't use that much milk. I use about 400-500 ml. The rest is pretty much the same, though. If you leave the blender on to the "liquid" setting for quite a while (or whatever the highest is on your blender) the shake won't even be that thick.

And I drink it in one sitting. Sometimes I just chug it all back. I don't even pour it into a glass anymore. I just drink it straight out of the blender (hey, why get two things dirty?).

So yeah, if you don't use as much milk it'll be easier to get it all down at once.

WORLD
10-07-2006, 04:44 PM
That face will turn into a confident one in a matter of months. Follow what everyone has told you and you will succeed. Take a look at this quick:
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=73973

That was me in your position when I started. Now look at my avatar.
Good luck.

WORLD
10-07-2006, 04:47 PM
So how fast do you drink this? I picked up the ingredients tonight and made it, and its a lot more than I expected. very filling too. im on my second glass and i feel like i cant drink any more.. i guess cus im so skinny. it's almost like 3-4 shakes isnt it?

I went and bought myself a great big cup, that I pour it all into. That way, you dont think of it as 1, 2 or 3 glasses, but as one big shake. For some reason it's easier to drink that way. Takes me about 10-15 mins to drink my home made shake.