PDA

View Full Version : Water Equals Better Metabolism?

Nightmarestang
06-28-2006, 09:45 PM
For the past two weeks I have been drinking atleast 10, 16. oz bottles of water a day(Ozarka Natural Spring Water). I have noticed a BIG change in my metabolism. I have a bigger appetite, I go to the facilities atleast twice a day, where as I use to only go once a day, sometimes not even that.(Yes, i'm talking about #2). No one EVER told me that water did this. Or does it? Maybe i'm just changing.

Eszekial
06-29-2006, 09:19 AM
More in = more out....

Holto
06-29-2006, 02:01 PM
No one EVER told me that water did this.

It's more a matter of what an absense of water will do. One of the many ways it makes us more healthy. Someone who is really working to be healthy will eliminate 3-4 times/day.

MagnaSephiroth
07-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Sometimes I have trouble going 2 each day, probibly cause i have a low calorie count at this moment, but dehydration = no poo.

Stumprrp
07-02-2006, 07:27 AM
yes it will help big time! one of my cousins lost a ton of weight from drinking alot of water after a meal, i know it sounds messed up but it flushed him out.

i drink a ton of water / milk and i crap 2-3 times a day.

Thexile
07-02-2006, 07:37 AM
water also boosts your metabolism, and you can digest stuff faster and crap. drink it 1 hour before your next major meal and it'll get your body in gear. i forgot where i read that but it sounded like solid advice.

MagnaSephiroth
07-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Warm water is better for you then cold water. Gets your metabolism going more.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Warm water is better for you then cold water. Gets your metabolism going more.It doesn't really make much of a difference. I suppose it would take more calories to "warm up" the water, but the amount is probably insignificant.

MagnaSephiroth
07-02-2006, 05:00 PM
I cant even really stand ice cold water anymore, has to be room temp

markdk86
07-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Same. I drink a gallon a day and I'm too used to it being room temp. from sitting around.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-04-2006, 05:39 PM
I can't drink water that's the same temperature as my body. Makes me feel like I'm drinking a boatload of my own saliva. It's gross. I prefer ice cold water.

Quattro
07-04-2006, 08:15 PM
I can't drink water that's the same temperature as my body. Makes me feel like I'm drinking a boatload of my own saliva. It's gross. I prefer ice cold water.

Thats nice...Ill think about that next time I have to drink tap water when the water machine is out :(

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Sorry...lol. *sigh*

Nicoman
07-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Water helps to transport fat molecules to the mitochondria for use as energy. More water in your body the less stress your body has to make things work.

Also water temperature needs to be at room temperature in order for your body to be able to digest foods properly. I know some may not like room temperature water but that is the key to proper digestion.

One more thing...make sure you use a filter to get the chlorine and lead out of your water. Either you use a filter or you are a filter.......

I will look for some good articles to back this up....:)

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Also water temperature needs to be at room temperature in order for your body to be able to digest foods properly. I know some may not like room temperature water but that is the key to proper digestion.It will be warmed up in your body. It's not going to stay cold inside your body.

Nicoman
07-04-2006, 10:03 PM
The shock alone of cold water hitting your stomach hinders the digestion process. I am not kidding, will look for articles.

It will be warmed up in your body. It's not going to stay cold inside your body.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-04-2006, 10:04 PM
The shock alone of cold water hitting your stomach ******s the digestion process.Ok? I never have any stomach aches or indigestion from drinking cold water.

I am not kidding, will look for articles to back it up.Please do. And make sure they are legit studies.

Nicoman
07-04-2006, 10:11 PM
http://www.mercola.com/2000/jun/10/water.htm

Paragraph quoted below is for people that do not want to read the whole thing :)

The paragraph reads..."Let me remind you of the water basics. Your exclusive beverage should be water. Bottled spring water (not drinking water) is best; but filtered water is acceptable. Try to have at least eight glasses of water a day. It would be best to have the water at room temperature. Ice-cold water can be a trauma to the delicate lining of your stomach, unless you are overheated."

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Bottled spring water (not drinking water) is best; but filtered water is acceptable.Considering that most bottled water is actually worse than tap when comparing contaminents and the filtration process...

Ice-cold water can be a trauma to the delicate lining of your stomach, unless you are overheated.Damaging how?

There are also no studies backing these claims. I don't want some half-assed comment regarding cold water when it's something I drink every day.

Nicoman
07-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Hey look you can do whatever you want to do. I just wanted to give you some more information to make an intelligent choice as to what you want to do for yourself. One thing is this....if there was a chance it could be true then why take that chance day after day?

Oh and I have a very nice filter myself :) I too agree about bottled being worse than filtered.

Anywhoo....hope you make the right decision for yourself. Take care...:thumbup:

Considering that most bottled water is actually worse than tap when comparing contaminents and the filtration process...

Damaging how?

There are also no studies backing these claims. I don't want some half-assed comment regarding cold water when it's something I drink every day.

Bikkstah
07-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Ice Cold water makes me sick if I drink more than a sip of it. I can drink it forever if it's room temperature.

P.S. I've been drinking water out of the tap since birth and I'm not dead yet.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-04-2006, 10:28 PM
Anywhoo....hope you make the right decision for yourself. Take care..And I hope you find valid research regarding the ingestion of cold things and the "delicate" lining of the stomach...a "delicate" lining which can withstand the exposure to hydrochloric acid. I just don't understand how chilled water can destroy your digestive tract.

I've been drinking water out of the tap since birth and I'm not dead yet.That's because tap water is filtered very well. Tap water filtration methods have strict regulations that must be followed. It's still better if you put a filter on your tap.

Nicoman
07-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Ice Cold water makes me sick if I drink more than a sip of it. I can drink it forever if it's room temperature.

P.S. I've been drinking water out of the tap since birth and I'm not dead yet.

I too use to drink out of the tap and I got a filter just to shut them up. Now I actually prefer the taste of filtered as opposed to bottled or straight from the tap. An example would be drinking swag wine and then someone gives you a taste of Opus one. The difference willl be night and day and you will never go back....So it is a matter of pleasure for me :) If I gain health from it....then let it be.

Nicoman
07-04-2006, 10:33 PM
And I hope you find valid research regarding the ingestion of cold things and the "delicate" lining of the stomach...a "delicate" lining which can withstand the exposure to hydrochloric acid. I just don't understand how chilled water can destroy your digestive tract.

That's because tap water is filtered very well. Tap water filtration methods have strict regulations that must be followed. It's still better if you put a filter on your tap.

Hey man...you go ahead and do your own research I already have a filter.

Yes putting a filter on your tap is the best you can do for yourself.:alcoholic

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-04-2006, 10:35 PM
Hey man...you go ahead and do your own research I already have a filter.Do my own research? I'm not the one making these claims.

Nicoman
07-04-2006, 10:38 PM
LOL I just wanted to give you guys some information so you can make a better decision for yourself...so yeah go and read up on it.

Do my own research? I'm not the one making these claims.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-04-2006, 10:40 PM
You can stop saying that now. Don't make claims like that if you don't even want to find valid research.

Nicoman
07-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Take a deep breathe scars....relax it's ok..

Let me know what you find out.

Jordanbcool
07-04-2006, 10:57 PM
http://www.mercola.com/2000/jun/10/water.htm

Paragraph quoted below is for people that do not want to read the whole thing :)

The paragraph reads..."Let me remind you of the water basics. Your exclusive beverage should be water. Bottled spring water (not drinking water) is best; but filtered water is acceptable. Try to have at least eight glasses of water a day. It would be best to have the water at room temperature. Ice-cold water can be a trauma to the delicate lining of your stomach, unless you are overheated."

I highly doubt drinking ice cold water will hurt you at all. I do it all the time, tastes refreshing.

As scarz already stated drinking cold water burns a few extra calories in a day but nothing worth going out of your way for. I expiremented with it during my PSMF and it didnt have any impact at all even on an extreme diet like that. Lyle says it burns an extra 100 cals at most (thats in an entire days worth).

As for weight loss it helps flush out toxins in your body (which will drop the scale weight over time), just dont go overboard. To much of a good thing.....well, you know the saying.

-jordan

P.S. This doctor/article seems legit enough. Like most doctors hes being overly cautious. Drink all the ice water you want, no ones gonna die from it. I remember how much they bashed high protein diets until they realized only people with kidney problems couldnt stomach them. I'm willing to bet that the same holds true with your "delicate" stomach (even though it does hold stomach acid which is highly corrosive).

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-04-2006, 10:59 PM
??

I can just as easily find random websites with claims such as this:

For most athletes, cold water is an acceptable source of fluid replacement. Drinking cool or cold water is best because water enters the bloodstream and tissues rapidly and helps cool the interior of the body.
Cold water is preferable. Drinking ample water before practice or games has also been found to aid performance in the heat.
Cold water is fine for rehydration, but flavored sports drinks may stimulate your child to drink more.I tried finding the negative effects of cold water on thermoregulation and the digestive tract, but I haven't found any valid research regarding the matter.

Jordanbcool
07-04-2006, 11:04 PM
I tried finding the negative effects of cold water on thermoregulation and the digestive tract, but I haven't found any valid research regarding the matter.

There arent any most likely. I've never heard of any until now. Although I do remember a rather enlightening thread on the harmful effects of drinking to much water in a given day.

But this is water temperature. As much stuff as I put into my body, cold water is the least of my worries.

SkinnySadMan
07-04-2006, 11:08 PM
One time, I turned on my tap water in the kitchen and brown water came out for a few seconds. After a few seconds it turned white.

WTF is the deal? I live in an apartment around Toronto area. I've been told our tap water is superb.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-04-2006, 11:15 PM
^^

Sometimes stuff needs to be cleared out of the line. It's always a good idea to let the water run for a few seconds before you start filling up your glass.

Tap filter FTW!

Jordanbcool
07-04-2006, 11:16 PM
One time, I turned on my tap water in the kitchen and brown water came out for a few seconds. After a few seconds it turned white.

WTF is the deal? I live in an apartment around Toronto area. I've been told our tap water is superb.

lol.

Its the governments way of making sure you get your needed daily protein ;)

MagnaSephiroth
07-05-2006, 12:07 AM
I found this site that talks a bit about water.

http://www.ucsf.edu/sfshare/athletes.html

"Cool water is absorbed faster than warm water."

Meaning, at least according to this site, cold water is best for workouts.

Holto
07-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Take a deep breathe scars....relax it's ok..

Let me know what you find out.

Just so you know for next time.

People who make claims here are expected to support them with valid scientific data.

It's allways been that way.

Holto
07-05-2006, 09:22 AM

The water in Ontario is worse than mexico. The reason YOU don't get sick is that you have the correct anti-bodies. The same as the citizens of mexico not getting sick.

I live in Oshawa and I've been drinking RO water for so long that I will get violently ill if I drink tap water.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-05-2006, 01:38 PM
I stayed in a hotel on the beach in Mexico and they tell you not to drink the water there...ever...lol. It looks gross.

ddegroff
07-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Water helps to transport fat molecules to the mitochondria for use as energy

I thought carnitine did this? Water and fat (lipid) don't mix so how does water help move fatty acids into the mitochondria?

Am I missing something? I always thought that was a myth. Anybody got more info on this?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-05-2006, 02:10 PM
I thought carnitine did this? Water and fat (lipid) don't mix so how does water help move fatty acids into the mitochondria?

Am I missing something? I always thought that was a myth. Anybody got more info on this?Bile...

ddegroff
07-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Bile...

Um, i guess my brain is still on vacation.

Do you mind expanding on that for me?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-05-2006, 08:54 PM
When's the last time you took human biology. o_0

ddegroff
07-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Ok i know what bile is.

How does bile have anything todo with transporting fat into the mitochondria?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-05-2006, 10:03 PM
I can't really sum up the digestive process of fatty acids, but perhaps this may help you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_anabolism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_anabolism#Transport_into_mitochondria

ddegroff
07-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Cool thats exactly what I was looking for (could have looked myself). I should have remembered how important water is for EVERYTHING.

Thanks Scarz!

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-05-2006, 10:32 PM
I should have remembered how important water is for EVERYTHING. Hehe...yeah. Water is a wonderful thing. :thumbup:

SkinnySadMan
07-05-2006, 11:14 PM
The water in Ontario is worse than mexico.

You can't be serious ??

Holto
07-07-2006, 03:53 PM
You can't be serious ??

Sadly no.

If you take someone from Europe or Asia they will get more ill from water in Ontario then Mexico.

We dump sewage into the very same lake we draw our tap water from. Sure it's heavily treated but still, it irks me.

care_bear
07-07-2006, 04:30 PM
i drink tapwater but only from my own town as i've tried it in other places and it tastes like piss....it all depends on where the tapwater comes from and what the pipes are like that are pumping it to you...my water is good