PDA

View Full Version : search for a lean +15

dblockspky
06-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Hi. I've been on the boards for a while and always saw these but never quite had the time to do it. But since I got my car 3 weeks ago and now that I also work at a gym i'm a lot more serious about my training. I just turned 17 years old in may. 6 ft and a quarter. and currently around 180 pounds. I was gonna start an excel spreadsheet to map my progress but i guess I'll just do it on here and maybe feedback will help me out more.

Basically my goal is to gain at least another 15 pounds by the end of August. I plan on walking on to Rutgers football team in 07, but my freshman year I promised parents I would focused on grades as in high school they always dropped during the season. I figured I would get this bulk out of the way in the summer which will make my training during the school year easier as I will only want to put on 5 more pounds over the course of 9 months, but primarily work on speed training, and get my 4.75 40 down to at LEAST a 4.5.

ok enough of the the introductions, from now on i'll basically post my workout for the day and let you know if I completed them and also let you critique them. I guess I'll start you off at the beginning of the week so you get a feel for what I'm doing

MONDAY
BenchPress. As you know my goal is to gain 15 pounds.. strength obviously comes with it but is not my main concern. However my strength goal is to do 5 pounds more on bench every workout. so every time I go to the gym I add a 2.5 to each side...
1st set - 5x150
2nd set - 5x170
3rd set - 4x190
4th set - 3x210
5th set - 2x230

Free Weight Incline
3 sets - 155

Free Weight Decline
3 sets - 135(I don't really play around with decline, I lift by myself so I don't want my life to flash before my eyes just because I want to show off)

3 sets - BW dips

3 sets - tricep 21s

----here is where i'll need another lift for triceps, i feel like I need another one, it just so happens that on this day i saw the free motion machine staring at me so I used that.. gives you the feeling of tricep kickbacks kind of.. oh well---

Tuesday
Squat - just so you know, I go to parallel. As somebody a little over 6 and not too flexible I think I have the strength to go lower but not the capability if that makes any sense. either way I always get sharp pains in my left knee at random times so I dont like to stress it too much. And i've read articles on properly doing squats and how going all the way down puts less stress on the knee and all that crap but it logically doesn't make sense to me, and physically it doesn't feel better either so i'll stick with what I do. and yes I do it with good form

Warm up set - 135 x 5
1st set - 225 x 5 (normally as you could see with my bench I like to increase by 20 pounds every set.. but I did these 5 reps fairly easy so I increased by 50.. I used to do squats but after an inconsistent stint with the gym I wasn't really sure where I would be with some of my lifts.)
2nd set - 275 x 5
3rd set - 295 x 4
4th set - 315 x 3
5th set - 335 x 2 (finished squats pretty easy, i'll add 20 to the start of the next workout.)
after squats i'm pretty lost on to how to structure my workout and what to do but i'll show you what I do for now anyways.

(normally after squats I do leg press but I switched it up yesterday since I'm trying to be serious with my training)
Deadlifts - (never done them as part of my workout before so bare with me on these beginner #s)
1st set- 135x5
2nd set-155x5
3rd set- 175x4
4th set- 195x3
5th set- 215x2 (finished everything fairly easy but quit at 215 cuz its my first time and heard too many stories of people getting hurt struggling. in addition to i got a pain in my left knee at the beginning of the third set so i figured id give it a break. BTW i just got glucosamine pills three days ago. How long will it take before I notice any changes in joint smoothness. Or will I notice any at all? I got it primarily for knee pain and elbow and wrist pain.. mostly when I do skull crushers)

Standing calf raises
3 sets - 225

reverse leg curl or whatever it its called.. for the hamstrings.. 3 sets at whatever weight.. its a machine i don't remember

did 2 sets of 8 reps at 315 on leg press but the left knee was getting pains so it was my last leg lift for the day anyway so I stopped..

Pull Ups
I go until near failure.. so for this particular day it was 10, then 7, then 10 again.. weird?

Lat Pull-Downs - 3setsx140
--- need another back lift----

WEDNESDAY
had to open the gym today from 5:30 a.m. to 12 but luckily its my easy day anyway.

Curls with EZcurl bar(dunno how much the bar is) with 35s on the side -3sets of 7

single DB preacher curl - 3 sets of 5x40 DB

hammer curls - 3 sets of 10x30 DB

---dont feel like i'm getting a good bicep workout.. help please?---

Shoulder press w/ DBs
1st set 8 reps with 60 pound DBs
2nd set every single rep I heard and felt a clicking noise in my collar bone area (I woke up this mornin feeling pain here) i never get pains here but I figured I wouldn't take the risk and just lowered the weights to 45s
2 more sets of 8reps w/ 45 pound DBs

1st time doing lateral shoulder raise (normally I do machine shrugs but I was trying to hit different parts of my shoulder..)
3 sets w/ 15 pound dbs lol kind of embarassing.. what do people normally do? do I just have weak shoulders?

and even though it was early today i can't remember the last shoulder workout I did.. guess it wasn't a good one.

and my last thing for the day is to run a mile on the treadmile and then do my abworkout which is pretty rigorous but i'm tired of typing and if you've reached this point you're probably tired of reading. Tomorrows my bench workout so hopefully i'll update this everyday.. so until next time..

Eszekial
06-29-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm doing lateral raises with 50lbs dumbells... Took a longass time to get there. I think i started at 25's though (but i also weigh a lot more than you ((or did))).

Congrats on taking the right steps to get swole.

We'll be keeping our eyes on you!.... oh right... and post some stats and some damn before pics!

deeder
06-29-2006, 09:59 AM
Hey, good luck on the goal. It should be easy to achieve. Eat lots and lift heavy! If you're not gaining weight you're not eating enough!

You're doing really high volume workouts. Ie: You don't need to do three chest exercises then two tricep exercises (and you wanted another tricep one!) I used to do that too... But since I've cut down the volume I've seen my biggest gains in the gym!

You need to do some rows for your back. You've got pullups and pulldowns... I'd get rid of the pulldowns and do any variation of rows.

Three exercises for biceps? Are you hoping to put all 15lbs you want to gain into your biceps? Pick one (or at the MOST) two bicep exercises and do them as heavy as you can. You're best bicep exercises are going to be when you're doing pullups and rows.

I noticed you said you ran a mile... Since you're trying to gain weight running my not be the best thing for you. If you still want to run it just means you have to eat more!

Keep working hard man! Good luck with your goals!

dblockspky
06-29-2006, 12:32 PM
damn 50s?? haha i din't know that was possible. I'll work on the before pics and put my stats up.
hey deeder. I do that because for some reason I feel like i'm not doing anything if I don't do multiple lifts for a body part. It has to be at least 2 or else I don't feel it. Also, I run because 1 I don't want to be completely out of shape when I start my speed training, and I read and eard from multiple sources that an ab workout is best utilized after some sort of cardio. in addition to that.. I only burn a little over 100 calories by running the mile so its not too big of a problem to cover that by eating, especially because i only do it twice a week

deeder
06-30-2006, 04:07 PM
damn 50s?? haha i din't know that was possible. I'll work on the before pics and put my stats up.
hey deeder. I do that because for some reason I feel like i'm not doing anything if I don't do multiple lifts for a body part. It has to be at least 2 or else I don't feel it. Also, I run because 1 I don't want to be completely out of shape when I start my speed training, and I read and eard from multiple sources that an ab workout is best utilized after some sort of cardio. in addition to that.. I only burn a little over 100 calories by running the mile so its not too big of a problem to cover that by eating, especially because i only do it twice a week

I know the feeling man, I used to be the same way. I didn't feel like I was getting a workout unless I had a huge pump and my muscles were soooooo exhausted that a 20lb curl felt heavy as hell!

For the past 5 or 6 months I've been doing a really low volume routine and seeing GREAT results! IE: On a chest/tricep day this is what I would usually do:

Flat BB Bench 5 reps x 5
Incline DB Bench 12 reps x 3
Tricep Dips 12 x 3
(This last one varies) --- Skull Crushers or Close Grip Bench or Rack Presses 8 reps x 3

Even though I'm not doing a ton of work I am completely drained by the end of that workout. Many times I will skip the second tricep exercise just because I'm so ****ing tired. You have to learn to give EVERY set your maximum. I found that by doing tons of exercises I was keeping some in the tank because in the back of my mind I knew that I had lots more to do.

The running isn't a huge problem. I was playing waterpolo during my last bulk... Just make sure you eat more to make up for the cals.

dblockspky
07-01-2006, 02:12 PM
thursday was chest/tris but i forgot wat I did cuz I have a bad memory, and friday I had to wake up at 4:30 to open the gym at 5:15 and worked there until 12, went home was knocked out until 4, and went to my other job until 11.. so basically no time to lift. today I opened the gym but after my shift was over at 12 I lifted.

Leg Press
6x365
8x335
8x335
10x315
Leg Extensions
4setsx10repsxmachine weight?
Leg Curl
4setsx10repsxmachine weight?
Standing calf Raise
3 setsx10repsxmachine weight?
Seated calf Raise
10x135
8x155
8x155
Pull Ups
3x10
Seated Rows
3setsx150
Back Extensions(with 35 plate in hands)
3x10reps
Overhead rows (not sure what this is called i'll check it out)
3setsx10repsx235

and I'm gonna post a couple pictures in the pictures section just so you know
oh and one thing I do remember from Thursday was I didn't finish my bench workout, I was pretty pissed. It went:
5x155
5x175
4x195
3x215
and my last set was supposed to be 2x235 but I struggled to get up my last rep on the 3rd and 4th set so I didn't even attempt it. Hopefully i'll get it up on Monday

dblockspky
07-03-2006, 09:16 PM
yesss I finished my workout today.. pretty happy about that. I also weighed in at 187.. normally my weight fluctuates between 175 and 183, so i definitely gained some weight. here's how my workout went..

Bench Press
1. 5 x 155
2. 5 x 175
3. 4 x 195
4. 3 x 215
5. 2 x 235
Incline Bench
1. 5 x 155
2. 5 x 165
3. 4 x 175
Decline Bench
1. 5 x 135
2. 5 x 145 ---- this was too easy adding 15 pounds to each lift for next
3. 5 x 155 monday
Weighted Bench Dips
1. 90 pd DB in lap x 8 reps
2. 95 pd DB in lap x 8 reps
3. 100 pd DB in lap x 8 reps
Triceps Pull Down
3 sets x 150 x 10 reps
Bent over pull down
3 sets x 70 x 6 reps

I was pretty happy about completing my workout. Didn't really struggle with anything. The second rep of my last set of Bench press was the only thing that I needed extra effort for but I still got it up fairly easy. I went to GNC today because I forgot my shaker bottle with protein powder and milk at home. so I went in for a protein drink and came out with glutamine and arginine also. hopefully that helps out my progress too. tomorrow is 7/4 and i would lift but i'm actually working at 2 jobs.. the gym from 7-2 and this pizza place from 5-10 so I'll probably push my workout down a day seeing as to how I'm still up and I have to wake up early tomorrow.

dblockspky
07-04-2006, 01:05 PM
pretty happy again. finished my workout today. Instead of pushing my workouts down a day I just lifted while I was at work cuz not that many people were there so I didn't really care. I didn't feel too tired after so I didn't know whether to be dissapointed for not putting in enough work or excited because it means i'm getting stronger. or neither? according to you guys it would be ok because you don't necessarily have to feel tired or a big burn to mean you have a good workout. well anyways here's how it went

weigh in: 184, 3 pounds lighter than yesterday

Squats
1. 5 x 265
2. 5 x 285
3. 4 x 305
4. 3 x 325
5. 2 x 345
*Question.. on my last two sets, at the bottom of the rep I would feel like I wasn't going to get it. but then once I started pushing up it felt pretty easy. is this normal??

Deadlifts
1. 5 x 155
2. 5 x 175
3. 4 x 195
4. 3 x 215
5. 2 x 235
*Experimented with reverse grip today.. didn't really make a difference.. well at leats a drastic one that I would notice. I might stick with the overhand grip because it feels natural to me, but if anybody could give me a good reason to keep the reverse grip then i'll stick with that.

Dumbell Lunges (each side)
1. 5 x 60
2. 5 x 65
3. 5 x 70

Leg Curl Machine
3 sets x 5 reps x 110

Smith Machine Calf Raises
1. Toes In
a. 8 x 235
b. 8 x 245
c. 8 x 255
2. Toes Out
a. 8 x 235
b. 8 x 245
c. 8 x 255

Wide Grip pull Downs
1. 8 x 140
2. 8 x 150
3. 8 x 160

Dumbell Rows
1. 8 x 40
2. 8 x 45
3. 8 x 50
*My first time doing these, they were much easier than I thought they would be so I'm gonna add 10 pounds to each lift for next Tuesday. Also are dumbell rows a better workout or Barbell Rows?

AB Circuit (no rest)
Toe touches w/ 12 pound medicine ball
20 reps
Leg raises
20 reps
Side to Side w/ 12 pound Med Ball
30 count
Toe touches w/ 12 pd Med Ball
20 reps
Leg Raises
18 reps
S2S w/ Med Ball
30 count
Toe Touches w/ 12 pd Med Ball
20 reps
Leg Raises
16 Reps
S2S w/ 12 pd Med Ball
30 count

I also wanna say it feels good to have people notice your progress. I've had 7 people say something in the last week.. mostly along the lines of damn your getting big, or have you been lifting. including my mother who said "have you been working out.. you're gettin big up here(feels her own shoulders)" I told her yea but I just wanted to be sarcastic and say no I just got a huge container of protein powder cuz I love the flavor.

happy 4th of july

Goodwinm
07-04-2006, 01:26 PM
some solid strength in here man! and nice job on those dips man. I think weighted dips will be the next WBB Challenge after Chins lol ;)

Will u be taking part in the weighted chin challenge?

once again solid everything!

and I prefer Barbell rows. Probs cuz I feel more confortable doing them. But both are extremly beneficial if uve got the form nailed!

dblockspky
07-04-2006, 01:36 PM
thanks man.
ummm i'll take a look at it. I didn't plan on it but maybe it'll give me more of a motivation to do them. i've only done bw chins but the next time I have to do them is Friday so I'll let you know how it goes.

Goodwinm
07-04-2006, 01:37 PM
thanks man.
ummm i'll take a look at it. I didn't plan on it but maybe it'll give me more of a motivation to do them. i've only done bw chins but the next time I have to do them is Friday so I'll let you know how it goes.
good stuff man! :)

JHolmes145
07-04-2006, 09:35 PM
yo bro high volume and powerlifting, i can tell your green.try doin heavy sets first and if you didnt do so many pyramid sets you could prolly handle more weight but u tire urself out w/ useless sets.

dblockspky
07-05-2006, 11:17 AM
what would you recommend then? i'm always open for advice

JHolmes145
07-05-2006, 12:51 PM
heres what i think would help you pull out some more numbers.
(now i dont know you or what ur capable of so its all speculation.)instead of doing this
1st set - 5x150
2nd set - 5x170
3rd set - 4x190
4th set - 3x210
5th set - 2x230

try this bench routine
2 sets warm up
230 try to do this 3-5 times
210 try this 4-6 reps
190 shoot for 10
you dont really need more work sets then this. every week try to perform better then the previous week and so forth. its called progressive overload, read into it.

dblockspky
07-05-2006, 08:42 PM
sounds pretty good. I had friends that did that type of workout so i'll probably switch it up.. I had read into that before but I guess I was so comfortbale with my normal workout which gives me good progress that I was scared to change. Do you propose I do this twice a week or should I just do my normal workout once and then the overload workout once.

ok so here was my workout for today.. pretty dissapointed because I had underestimated my strength for the different lifts I was doing so I have to up the weight on pretty much all my lifts for my next workout.. here it goes

1. Barbell Shoulder Press
5 x 105
5 x 115 waayyyy too easy, I had never done barbell shoulder press
4 x 125 <----- so I figured I'd have probelms getting the bar off and all that
3 x 135 but it was much easier than I expected so i have to add 20
2 x 155 pounds to each lift for next week

2. DB Shrugs
8 x 80
10 x 90 Pretty easy too, only thing is that it kills my hands would wearing
10 x 100 gloves help this??

3. DB Lateral Raise
8 x 15
8 x 20 <--last set was a little hard, happy tho because I could only do 10s
8 x 25 last workout.. dunno how that happened

4. Standing Barbell Curl
8 x 95
7 x 95 ---the burn felt soooo good. last rep was pretty hard on each set.
6 x 95 but i'm pretty happy I finished

5. Alternating DB Curl (each side)
4 x 40
5 x 35
5 x 30

6. Hammer Curl
3 sets x 10 reps x 30s

7. seated wrist curl
..i only did 1 set with a 30 pound db because I felt ******ed and like I was doing something that doesn't do anything so maybe I'll just stick to letting my other compound lifts workout my forearms

8. reverse grip bbell curl
55 x 8
65 x 8 --- these hurt my wrists.. felt a little better doing these than seated
65 x 6 wrist curls so maybe i'll keep doing these.

ok and as far as eating i think i'm doing decent.. still got like an hour before I go to bed in which i will be eating 2 cheeseburgers, 2 legs of chicken, and one hot dog(left over 4th of july food). i got home late from work but eating late shouldn't have a big effect.. especially since i'm trying to bulk anyway
before i eat again i've had:
2 pb&j sandwiches: i think i'm going to live on these while bulking. has a decent amount of calories for two small sandwiches that I can swallow in less than a minute
1 nutrigrain bar
starbucks frapuccino
3 eggs(mixed in milk, cheese, and ham)
croissant with cream cheese
protein shake (20g)
2 packets quaker oatmeal
protein shake (20g)
--gym-- also did a quick little jog for about 8 minutes in which i burned 120cal so all together I probably have to subtract 200 calories for going to the gym today.. and then like another 100 from walking aroundat work
post workout protein shake (40g)
and now i'm here wating for my oven to finish preheating so i can put this food in.. i hate the microwave

dblockspky
07-06-2006, 07:44 PM
today sucked.. i've been tired all day despite 10 hours of sleep. definitely didn't reach my goal amount of calories. had a ****ty workout. went to work and got sent home early cuz it was slow.. and had to pay $47 dollars to fill up my gas tank!!! worst feeling day in a while.. heres my workout

Bench
warm up set
240 x 2
225 x 3
205 x 4
extremely dissapointed. I fell short of every mark I wanted to put up.. 240x3 225 x 4 205 x 6

incline Dbs
60s x 6
70s x 6
80x x 0 <-- pissed me off.. how the hell do you go from puttin up 70s six times without a problems to just adding 10 to each arm and not able to put it up once???

wide grip so press
6 x 2 plates ES and 25s
6 x 2 plates ES and 35s
5 x 3 plates ES
5 x 3 plates and 10s
this gave me a pretty good burn.. I don't know if it would be a good exercise to keep doing cuz i never hear anybody recommend it. mabye you just don't have the machine at your gym?

Close grip (i used to never do them just as deadlifts so bear with the low numbers)
6 x 135
5 x 145
5 x 155

Skull Crushers
EZ curl bar w/ 25s on side x 8
EZ curl bar w/ 25s on side& 2.5s x 8
EZ curl bar w/ 25s on side & 5s x 8
these were pretty easy i think I'm gonna start with 35 plates on the side next week. my elbows didn't hurt as bad as normal so maybe the glucosamnine is helping a little. but for taking a pill 3x a day i shouldn't feel anything in my joints

overhead tricep extension w/ DBs
45 x 8
50 x 8
55 x 6

left gym.. disappointed. forgot to weigh myself. who cares. I hope I have a better chest/tris session on monday

rookiebldr
07-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Don't worry about underestimating your weights. You'll find it soon enough as you progress.

Shrugs: I've never liked gloves since I could never get a good grip with them so I use straps. It's the only way I can hang onto the db's long enough. BTW, nicely done using 100's

Deads: You will find as you increase the weights that a mixed grip will allow you to hold much more weight vs overhand or reverse.

Good luck with your progress. Your squatting numbers are big so you should be able to move up fast on the leg presses. :)

oh and eat! EAT a ton. Loosing weight on a bulk is unacceptable. ;)

JHolmes145
07-06-2006, 10:37 PM
yo man it aint no thang with the 80's. i remember 1 time when i was 21 i tried so hard to get the 80's on the incline. i sed if i dont get it im going home, that day i tried and failed 4 times and somehow did it my 5th attempt and went home. lookin back now that im older and wiser, i can do 100's easily and its the most my gym has, its not a big deal. your career is young and theres always gonna be steps 2 be climbed and also look at it this way, i think 240x2 is a new PB it can never be a bad workout when you hit a PB. when you get older new pbs will be very hard to do.

JHolmes145
07-07-2006, 12:59 AM
after reevaluating i think u coulda got the 80's if you opted to do them first instead of 60's,then 70's...it worked on bench it could work 4 incline 2

Con
07-07-2006, 06:14 AM
-some nice stuff here, i noticed you mentioned your diet once but what are you average macros? whats the weight like?

-i second the thing on the mixed grip, i like it much better than doing either over or underhand.

-ill be checking in, so keep at it and gl man.

dblockspky
07-07-2006, 10:10 PM
ookkk today pretty good day until i got home from the day.. check was supposed to be there but it wasn't??? i guess maybe cuz of the holiday its delayed.. normally I'd be pissed but I had a really good session today at the gym.
well I worked from 5:30 to 12 and was contemplating for my last two hours whether I should suck it up and lift right after work or go home and sleep for two hours and then go to the gym.. well I decided to stay, and it payed off. I just hate half a tuna sub for a little energy.. here it goes:

Leg Press
1. warm up
2. 5 plates a side x 2 (normally I'd be disappointed but I've never tried 5 plates a side before so I guess it was satisfying to know I could do it, in addition to me getting not so great feedback on my legs lol so i'm trying to hit them extra hard now.)
3. 4 plates a side x 4 sets x 6 reps

Calf Raises on leg press machine
4 plates a side x 4 sets x 8 reps

Leg Extensions
i always forget what number I put the thing on. I think it's 140 maybe 150.
4 sets x 8 reps

Stiff Leg Dead lifts
5 x 185
5 x 205
ok so here comes the turning point in my workout.. I did both of my first sets very easily and was feeling pretty good.. so i said screw the rest of the dead lift workout and lets see how much I can really max on it.
315.. first try was a failure
second try switched up the grip and still failed
third.. used overhand grip but bent at knees more and tried to focus more on the lift and exploding from the beginning.. Thrid times a charm!!!
MAXED 315 on deadlift.. a month ahead of when I expected to. I felt pretty dizzy after but I normally get like that after any hard set of squats or if I max on bench... I still have a while to go before i'm at the mark you guys say I should be.. but maybe I'll get there a lot quicker than expected?

Single Leg Calf raises on box with DBs
4 sets (each side) x 8 reps x 60s

seated Rows
1. 8 x 150
2. 8 x 160
3. 8 x 170

Pull ups W/ Db on foot!!
1. first time doing it so I tried to use a 40 thinking it wouldn't be too hard.. lmao nope.. i'm not sure if its not because I couldn't do it though because the weight kept slipping off my foot.
2. stopped trying to be a big guy and got a 20 pd DB and did 8.. I think this is the first time i've ever felt my back actually being worked after my first set of pullups.. normally I could go for 15 and not feel it until after the second maybe third set
anyways I did 4 sets in total 8 reps each.. this 8 rep thing wasn't really planned for today.. somehow it just works out that that's all I could do.
goal for next week: do 4 sets of 8 with 30 pd DB.. if I can balance it

by this time after only 2 iso-back lifts my back was done.. normally I still have extensions to do with a 45 plate and overhead rows but I figured since I maxed and I was already tired as hell I wouldn't overdo it. next was my ab circuit workout which was exactly the same except this time on my second set I made it to 20 leg raises but my third set my abs gave out at 10.. so i'm not sure whether I should consider that productive or not compared to tuesday.

so yea thats it. good day. maxed 315. need another 50 pounds before I'm content with where i'm at. need a lot more leg workouts as productive as this one so I don't look like my legs are skin and bones. which reminds me.. found a body fat percentage thing and a measuring tape for the body at work today. Couldn't figure out how to work the body fat percentage thing. But I used the tape and figured out that my biceps.. well arms are 16inches.. surprising because I thought they would be like 12. And my calves are 14 inches lol gotta work on that.. I don't understand.. I'm not superman on the squats or leg press or anything. but its not like i'm squatting 135 either.. why are my legs so skinny?
anyways my laptop screen just went white and i closed it and opened it again and luckily everything is still here.. so i'm posting this before all this crap goes away

dblockspky
07-08-2006, 12:23 PM
okk today was my easy day.. Not too much to read. I weighed in At 186Here's my workout:

DB Shoulder Press
4 set x 60s x 6

Military press
80 x 8
90 x 8
100 x 7

(forgot what is called: using an EZ Curl Bar you pull it and bring your elbows back as far as possible)
8 x 70
6 x 80
6 x 80

Preacher Curl w/ ez curl bar
35pd plates x 5
30pds per side x 6
25pd plates x 7

Concentration Curl w/ DB
40 x 7 (each arm)
45 x 5
45 x 6 (for some reason I could pump one more out than on the second set)

And that's it. I thought about doing forearm workouts but I'm waiting on recommendations on whether they're worth it or not.
Tomorrow is off day
Can't wait until Monday to see how much my bench has went up..

Con
07-08-2006, 07:08 PM
i think if you focus on the big things, the little things will usualy fall into place such as your forearms.

Im not sure on this, since im relatively new to this also but I think that most people go by regular dead lifts, whats ur regular deadlift like?

And what about the diet, a crap diet can hinder results!

dblockspky
07-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Pretty good day today besides a few mental lapses. here is my workout

Bench Press
150 x 5 (this was supposed to be 160 x 5 but i'm retarted)
180 x 5
200 x 4
220 x 3
240 x 2
I had mixed feelings after this. I was happy because I finished my workout w/ 240.. I did it last week but then it was my first set. but I don't know if I should actually count it because my first set was supposed to be 10 pounds more. what do you think?

Incline bench
155 x 5 (once again I messed up. I was supposed to do 165 as my first set. from now on i'm going to check how much i'm doing BEFORE I actually lift it)
185 x 5
195 x 5

Decline Bench
165 x 5
175 x 5
185 x 5
I just noticed my decline bench strength might be the same as my incline? Doesn't sound right but I guess it's ok.

Bench Dips
2 45 plates(90 pd) x 8 reps
2 45s & a 25(115 pd) x 8
3 45 plates(135 pd) x 8 reps
I'm thinking about replacing these with regular dips? What do you think? i'm not really feeling a big burn doing these.

Pull downs with triangle bar?
150 x 10
150 x 10
150 x 10
I didn't increase the weight because thats all the cybex or whatever it was goes up to.. maybe i'll do them with ropes next time because I think that's harder. Any benefits to that?.. it feels good to be able to rack something in the gym though.

Hanging Pull Downs w/ rope
80 x 5
70 x 8
70 x 7

I think it was a decent workout. My goal is to increase my workout numbers by at least 5 pounds every week so going by that standard I was productive. I didn't eat amazing today though, which reminds me I weighed in at 185. and just two protein shakes and 5g creatine and glutamine. oh well. tomorrow.. leg workout.. I never used to look forward to leg days.. but now they're actually kind of fun. I like doing squat because I do more than everybody else in the gym. and I like pushing myself at deadlifts so I can get better at them..

1 question... don't you hate when somebody that is clearly weaker than you and out of shape tries to give you advice.. whether they are probably correct or not.. it's frustrating

Goodwinm
07-11-2006, 12:09 AM
good workout there man! And nice dips man!
BW +135 x 8 is awesome!
regular dips are better in my opinion tho.

dblockspky
07-11-2006, 09:29 PM
ok so today was a pretty good workout. hard as hell.. i was pretty much sweating after my second set of squats for the whole time.. left me in pain for the rest of the day thought. hurt my knee. and callouses are starting to be a pain in the ass. anyway here it goes:

Squats
275 x 5
295 x 5
315 x 4
335 x 3
355 x 2
finished it.. it was pretty hard though. I think I'll only increase the weight by 2.5s a side instead of 5s a side for next week though.

Deadlifts
I figured I did 315 last week so I'd up the weight a little and try to go heavy to maximize my gains but.. eh
225 x 5
245 x 4
275 x 3
and thats it.. am I supposed to feel like i'm struggling each time I pick it up? and some people say they don't start from the ground what does that mean? and is there a way to minimize the amount of noise i'm making because i feel like an ******* trying to look big every time the weight slams down after a rep..

DB Lunges (each side)
60s x 5
65s x 5
I'm supposed to have at least 3 sets but something felt wrong in my knee area kind of like I pulled something. I tried to walk it off but it wouldn't really go away so I just skipped the last set of lunges =(

Leg Curls
3sets x 110 x 8 reps

Calf Raises
Toes In
225 x 8
235 x 8
245 x 8
Toes Out
225 x 8
235 x 8
245 x 8

Wide Grip Pulldowns
150 x 8
160 x 8
120 x 12

DB Rows
3 sets x 60 x 7

my hands are killing me right now. I had gloves a while ago but I think I lost them so I guess I have to buy some more. I'm so tired right now.. And it sucks to live in a house with steps in it after a hard squat workout. gotta wake up at 4 for work tomorrow so I have another long day ahead of me

Natetaco
07-11-2006, 10:00 PM
looks like you made a new squat pr?

nice squatting there man, intense.

The deads could have given you a problem since you did them after those heavy squats, everytime i do deads after squats i feel like im wobbly and i shake a whole lot.

As for slamming the weight, just bring it down steadly instead of just dropping it.

DGabe24
07-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Good workout man, very intense, im new to here but hopefully I can become a regular ;) Way to be smart on the lunges, feeling something tight or pulled and tryin to work through it usually isnt the best idea. Good sh1t, keep it up.

dblockspky
07-12-2006, 09:25 PM
wow.. today's workout was horrible.. I guess that's the results you get on 4 hours of sleep. here it is:

BB Shoulder Press
135 x 5
145 x 5
155 x 4
165 x 3
175 x 2
I might replace these. I don't know what with. But since I always lift by myself, it's extremely frustrating for me and probably for whoever else, to have to go get a spot just to lift the bar off. I can do the weight, it's just a pain in the ass to get it off. Maybe smith machine shoulder press for next week? why didn't I think about that earlier?

BB Shrugs
185 x 8
225 x 5 then the weight slipped out of my hand
went to go get gloves(ones that the gym provides)
225 x 2 then it slipped out again.. I couldn't keep my grip on it. and it was pissing me off. So I just stopped.

Lateral Raises
10s x 8
15s x 8
20s x 8

BB Curl
95 x 6 (struggled, didn't swing though)
95 x 3 was supposed to go for 5.. obviously didn't make it
95 x 1, and I barely got that up. it seemed like my elbows didn't wanna cooperate with me. Maybe I'll just decrease the weight for next week.. Even though las week I was able to rep do the same thing a lot easier.

Alternating DB Curl
40s x 5
45x x 4
50s x 1 couldn't get it up. lol I was going to delete that because I noticed how that sounded but whatever maybe somebody'll get a laugh out of that.

Hammer Curl
25s x 8
30s x 8
35s x 8
this was easy. I don't know why.

And that's my workout. I was supposed to do reverse grip BB curls and then my ab workout to make up from missing it yesterday because I had to leave early but I was too demoralized to do anything. And I figured I would just skip that ab workout so I can have a good bench session tomorrow.

So yea, this day pretty much sucked.. I mean it had it's highs and its lows. The workout was definitely a low. A plus was that I thought I weighed in at 189 but I realized I still had my shoes on so it turned out to be 187 so either way thats good. Another low is that my second job is pissing me off and i'm sick of busting my ass while a whole bunch of lazy people who can't speak English get it easy. Do I have to give a written notice to quit or do I just stop going? Another high is that people are starting to ask me for advice a lot. This morning while at my first job at the gym a guy came up to me and asked what he should do to hit certain areas of the body. I told him what I recommended and he actually listened.. On his way out he said thanks "It worked" may not seem too big to you guys but it's pretty self satisfying for me. But anyways let me go rest up so I don't have another ****ty work out.

oh and

NATETACO: yea lol I didn't even realize I PR'd on squat until I just read your post, THANKS. I was too physically exhausted after that workout to realize what I had done. and i don't slam it down.. I try to lower it slowly but I dunno I just feel I should be doing it smoother. Maybe I'll lower the weight next time and just go for more reps

DGABE: Thanks man. Yea stick around it's a pretty good board. And good luck with whatever you're trying to accomplish

dblockspky
07-13-2006, 12:24 PM
ok it's thursday. I feel pretty energized. I can feel i'm gonna have a good day today at the gym. and I'm not going to work after so I don't have any pressure to finish early. and as of today I'm trying to keep strict with the diet since my mother finally went to the store so I have no excuse to be under my calorie count. So far i've had 4 eggs mixed with milk cheese and turkey ham, 4 waffles and cream cheese, 20 g protein and 5 g l glutamine. i'm about to leave for the gym in 45 minutes so i'm gonna go eat again..

dblockspky
07-13-2006, 10:30 PM
good workout today.. went out and partied tonight because I was in a good mood. weighed in at 190.. 5 pounds from goal weight. here's the workout:

Bench Press
bar x 15
135 x 4
185 TF = 12 reps
225 TF = 5 reps
I had mixed feelings. Both times I went to failure I beat previous PR's so thats good. before I could only do 185 8 times and 225 3 times with a lift. i was happy with the 225 number because I did it by myself but I was hoping to get at least 15 doing 185.. I was never an endurance lifter.. maybe next time

DB Press
80 x 6
85 x 7
90 x 5

Incline DB Flyes
40s x 10
50s x 8
60s x 6

Wide Grip Press
275 x 6
315 x 6
365 x 2 (was supposed to be 6 also but I clearly overestimated myself)

Skull Crushers
25s and a 5 x 8
35s x 6
35s x 6

Dips
BW x 6
BW x 8
BW x 8

Single Arm Pull Downs(dunno what it's called)
70 x 8
70 x 6
70 x 5

And that's it. It doesn't seem like too much but I was really feelin it today and I think it was a good workout. I pretty much went to failure on everything. I have to figure out a way to get heavy DBs up because tryin to Do the press with 90s was a paint in the ass.. i hit myself in the balls with the 80s.. not too hard though. still painful. but yea anyway.. I can't wait until monday for the next bench session. it's gonna be tough.

dblockspky
07-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Todays worout:

Bench Press
165 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 4
225 x 3
245 x 2
Happy with finishing this. I struggled with the last rep of the last set so it's good that I finished but i'm not as strong as I want to be because last week my last set was pretty easy.

Incline Bench
3 sets x 185 x 5
this was pretty hard.. but i finished so oh well

Decline Bench
3 sets x 185 x 5
for some reason this wasn't too hard. I think I can decline bench more than my incline.

Tricep Pull Downs
3 sets x 150 x 10
My Triceps were done after this

Standing Tricep DB Extensions
50 x 8
55 x 7
60 x 6

And that was it. I was supposed to do hanging tricep pulldowns after the regular pull downs but I tried and I couldn't. I'm still happy that so far I've stuck with my adding 5 pounds to my bench press workout every week. Hopefully it continues.

YoBrickWall
07-18-2006, 08:19 AM
hey looks good in here.. bbeing yo wanna play football i say the rep range is about right,hanging in the 5 rep area.. bb shrugs id bring those reps a bit then gradually drop like you are... i know of UM football players when they were freshmans they were told to drink a glass of milk and eat a PB sandwich before going to bed everey night.. by the time they were senoirs most gained an average of 30lbs

YBW

Ammotroop
07-18-2006, 09:54 AM
NIce workouts....Your pretty strong for your age. Just be glad you found a site like this with so much information at such a young age. I am 25 and have been lifting, eating, and cardioing wrong since I can remeber until a few mths ago. Stick with it. What pos you play again? I played 2 years of college football at strong saftey. The called me the "waterboy" cause I wasnt the fastest guy out there, but I would lay the wood on someone.

dblockspky
07-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Yobrickwall - thanks for the advice. I think i'm gonna try the pbj and milk thing.

ammotroop - yea i had to be stronger for my age because I've always had to compete with kids 1-3 years older than me. for example at one point during the year there was a kid in the same grade as me and during the season i was 16 and he was 19.. and most people in my grade were 18 this year as well. the sad thing is I know I could be a lot stronger because I was slacking off with my lifting from 04-05. but i'm back on track now. I started receiver, free safety, kicked, and punted. lol i was pretty much the best at everything. but I'm trying to go to college for receiver as that is the position I like the most and feel the most comfortable at.

dblockspky
07-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Todays workout was real good. I was surprised at the ability to finish with gains from last week after missing a couple days of lifting last week. It seems like everything is getting real busy recently and I have a lot of stuff to do and it's throwing my lifting schedule off but i'm gonna try to make the most of it. Here's today's lifts:

BENCH PRESS
170 x 5
190 x 5
210 x 4
230 x 3
250 x 2
My last set I asked somebody to get a lift off because I wasn't gonna be able to do it myself. Hopefully i'll be able to get it off next time because I don't feel like getting a lifting partner. Juts wanted to note.. it's amazing.. i can remember only a couple weeks ago when my last set was 230 x 2. it may not seem like a lot but it's significant to me.

INCLINE BENCH
185 x 5
190 x 5
195 x 5

DECLINE BENCH
3 sets x 205 x 5 reps

SKull Crushers
3 sets x EZCurl Bar + 35pd plates x 7 reps

PullDowns
3 sets x 150 x 10 reps

Single Arm PullDowns
3 sets x 60 x 6 reps

Pretty good day. I think I may be a little bit behind. I was going to try my one rep max next week on tuesday probably but i was gonna go for 275.. maybe i'll just try it at the end of the week instead.

dblockspky
07-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Tuesday's workout:

Squats
135 x 5 ATF
225 x 5
275 x 5
325 x 4
365 x 2 -- was going for my goal but i realized once I got home that I was supposed to do it 3 times:soapbox:

Deadlifts
155 x 8
175 x 6
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

Lunges
50 x 5 (ES)
55 x 5 (ES)
60 x 5 (ES)

Leg Curls
3 sets x 110 x 8 reps

Calf Raises

Toes In
Toes Out

225 x 8
225 x 8

235 x 8
235 x 8

245 x 8
245 x 8

Wide Grip PullDowns
140 x 10
150 x 8
160 x 6

Hi Rows
2pps x 10
2pps + 25s x 8
2pps + 35s x 6
AB WORKOUT...

dblockspky
07-28-2006, 01:45 PM
I checked my bodyfat % today while at work and it came out to be 10.4% I was definitely pleased with that. I didnt think it would be that low. I was expecting about 12 percent. but i guess 10.4 makes a little sense. I can see my abs fine.. not as much as I want but they're clearly there. and i''m pretty cut according to everybody else. I weighed in too and i weighed 193. this was at like 8:30 this morning. I dunno whether I should subtract a couple pounds because it could be water weight but i'm not sure. isn't it recommended you weight yourself in the morning? all i had was cereal for breakfast. so yea anyway
weight: 193
bf: 10.4%
total bf: 20 pounds
LBM: 173.
I think thats pretty good. I was concerned whether I was gaining to fast because I had put on my first 10 pounds pretty quick but it looks as if it wasn't fat

dblockspky
07-29-2006, 10:42 AM
just did some push ups today.. about 150. and a little bit of ab work. I wanted to do something that wasn't gonna make me tired for my monday workout but also give me enough push so that i don't feel like I haven't lifted in a week I don't know if I should try my maxes on monday the 31. i was planning on doing it this week but i think i'm a tad bit behind. i was gonna go for 1rm of 275 on bench, 365 x 3 or 405 on squat, and i dunno on dead lift cuz i suck at them, also shoulder press but i'm not sure where I'm at with that. my last workout my last set was 250 x 2 for bench so am I realistic in going for 275?

RBB
07-29-2006, 12:15 PM
you've got some real solid strength in here, man. very good squatting in particular. only suggestion i've got would be to incorporate more work in the higher rep ranges. looks like a lot of your working sets are 2-3 reps. that's great for strength, but throw some 6-10 rep range stuff in there for hypertrophy.

DGabe24
07-29-2006, 12:23 PM
^^^^ Listen to him, too many low rep working sets will lead to shorter muscles and lack of endurance. Higher rep sets here and there will probably lead to better strength gains anyway.

dblockspky
07-29-2006, 12:30 PM
I normally try to have a day at least once every two weeks where I go for reps instead of weight. the reason I don't do more reps in my workout is because I'm trying to get bigger. And the general concensus is Getting bigger = more weight, less reps.
it's funny you say that though because I do complain a lot about my lifting endurance. For example when I used to lift with friends when we all maxing around like 215 or so. everybody could put up 185 at least 2-3 times more than me. so i always knew I needed to work on that. It's getting better though. last year I could put up 185 about 7 times. Last time I did it a couple weeks ago I think I did 13.. or maybe it was 12?
Thanks for the feedback

RBB
07-29-2006, 01:14 PM
I normally try to have a day at least once every two weeks where I go for reps instead of weight. the reason I don't do more reps in my workout is because I'm trying to get bigger. And the general concensus is Getting bigger = more weight, less reps.
Thanks for the feedback
that's true to some extent, but most of your working sets are 2-3 reps. that's not enough reps to induce hypertrophy. you need to be hitting at least 6 reps in your working sets for optimal results. if you want to get bigger you should really consider that. not that you wont gain size doing what your doing, but your results would be better if you bumped up the reps a bit for your working sets.

dblockspky
07-29-2006, 07:26 PM
sooo instead of the pyramid sets i'm doing more like..
225 x5
215 x5
205 x6
225 x4
something like that? random reps numbers i know but just seeing if thats along the lines of what you mean.

dblockspky
08-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Mondays workout:
Not a good workout. I was experimenting with LA fitness as opposed to my gym.. i like my gym better. there's too many people at La fitness. i guess i also don't feel like getting myself acquainted with everything again also. so here's what I did before I left.

Bench Press
175 x 5
195 x 5
215 x 4
235 x 3
255 x 2
Why do people think that just because a person struggles a little bit they won't put the weight up. my second rep of the last set I struggled a little and the guy that I asked to spot me automatically pulled the weight up. i didn't say anything but i'm thinkin wtf.

Incline Bench
185 x 5
195 x 5
185 x 5

Crushers
EZ curl bar + 35s x 8 reps x 3 sets

Rope PullDowns
3 sets x 150 x 6 reps

not a good or atleast high intensity workout like i normally have. I guess I'll have to pick it up a lot more on my next bench workout

dblockspky
08-02-2006, 08:16 PM
i skipped yesterday because my back and legs were STILL sore from last weeks workouts so today after work just did some simple stuff

Smith Machine SP
5 sets
Barbell Curl
3 sets x 95
Shrugs
90,95,100 x 8
Alternating DB Curls
2 sets x 40 x 6
1 set x 45 x 5
Lateral DB raise
3 sets x 15 x 8

im too tired to make this look organized. it is sooo hot in NJ right now i don't even feel like lifting. and I have to work tomorrow cuz some other lady called out so we'll see what I can get done.

dblockspky
08-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Saturday: didn't really work out too hard. My friend had came up from florida and asked me if I could get him into the gym. so i said yea and he came to lift. and guess what he wanted to do? bench.. so that's two days in a row. haven't done that since freshman year when I didn't know any better. Anyways here it is:

Bench Press
135 x 5
225 x 3
265 x 1
275 x 3/4 lol
I tried to get goal up but I couldn't lock out. I guess I need some tricep work. some rest might help a little too lol. so next time I max i'm pretty confident that I could put up 280 if i'm fresh.

SOO just had to let you know that after I got done my friend hopped on and repped out 275 5 times!! then did a set of 3 and i assisted on two more. and another set of 2 and i assisted on two more. he's not huge but it just pisses me off because thats how much I should be lifting. two years ago we used to work out together, lifting and running for football, and I was benching 240 and he was benching 250. then he moved and I went into a slump and got lazy. and when I started lifting serious again this june it was taking a lot for me to put 215 without struggling. so nows he's maxing 325+ and i'm struggling on 275. =(

bench press (wide grip)
155 x 10

Bench Press (close grip)
155 x 10

he got me to do those two lifts. normally I don't do them but I think I might incorporate them into my workout now

Incline DB press
3 sets 60 x 10

BW DIPS
3 sets of 10

Skulls
well it was supposed to be 3 sets of 10 of the bar with 35s on it but i got
1 set of ten
1 set of 8
and 1 set of 6
of course he finished his three sets of ten

Pulldowns
3 sets x 150 x 10

so yea take me as an example of what can happen when you slack off.. instead of lifting hard i was lazy for a year and a half and that cost me about 50 pounds on my bench press

dblockspky
08-06-2006, 04:31 PM
okkk today's workout:
i tried to mix it up a little. in addition to tryin something different I held each rep for 2-3 seconds at the peak of each motion to get the most out of it. so.. yea here it is

DB shoulder press
3 sets x 60s x 10 reps

ummm next I didn't two different versions of lateral raises on the cybex machine but I have no clue what exactly they're called or how much weight I was doing so sorry about that.

preacher curls (Bar +35)
3 sets of 5

Concentration Curl (40 pound DB)
3 sets of 5

reverse barbell curl.
barbell curls hurt my forearm and wrist a lot for some reason so i just did the bar with no weight on it.
3 sets of 10.

biceps felt ok after this workout but my shoulders were dying. i weighed in at 189 btw. wtf i'm losing weight.

oh and i stopped by my friends house and he has had a container of N.O.-xplode sitting on his dresser for about a month at the same level. so told him I was taking it because he never uses it and he agreed saying that he didn't think it was for fat people thats why he never used it. he's about 6'2 250. but anyways yea i plan on breaking that out on monday for my 4th bench workout in 4 days. i know i should rest but I hate throwing off my schedule and what days I do what so whatever. I'll see how i feel when I get to the gym

dblockspky
08-07-2006, 03:41 PM
OK here it is:
weighed in at 190

Bench Press
180 x 5
200 x 5
220 x 4
240 x 3
260 x 2
NOTE: when some one tells you they need a lift off and TELLs you how many reps they're going for 1) don't put you'r hand under the bar especially on the first rep it throws off my concentration and 2) after I do how many I was supposed to don't try to get me to do more. I asked this guy for a lift and he had his index fingers underneath the bar the whole time. didn't touch it the first two times but then he said do another one.. so I wasn't reall thinking so I tried to do it and obviously couldn't get it up so he had to assist. I should have just told him to **** off I already did what I had to do.

Incline BB Bench
185 x 5
195 x 5
205 x 4

Decline BB Bench
205 x 5
210 x 5
215 x 5

Crushers
2 sets of Bar +25s x 10 reps
1 set of Bar +25s & 2.5s x 10 reps
normally I do these with a wider grip but I decided to stop being a pansy and use the closer grip which is supposed to be harder. So today I lowered the weight, hopefully next week i'll be back to using 35s

Standing DB Tricep extensions
3 sets x 50 x 8 reps

Rope Pull Downs
150 x 5
120 x 6
100 x 9

and thats it. I took the N.O.-Xplode before lifting today. it made me feel as if I had a little bit more energy but nothing drastic. i only took 1 scoop though so maybe i'll try two.
I was pretty satisfied with my workout. I kind of wanted to go for 275 again but I didn't wanna have the same jerk off spot me. so maybe next time.

Ammotroop
08-07-2006, 04:08 PM
NIce workout! Man I hate it when people who spot you mess you up. I give specific instructions. I NEVER want a lift off unless I am maxing. If you touch the bar while I am working it I will rack it and say thanks but no thanks. People are so used to other people letting them cheat that they think it is ok to put fingers on the bar while you are lifting. ROOKIES!!!

dblockspky
08-07-2006, 07:23 PM
I KNOW. i guess i'll just have to start telling them every single direction before I lift. I should just tell them to give me a lift and just leave. I've been lifting long enough where I know my limits and even if I get stuck I can get myself out of it by putting it on the lower bars stickin out or do it the noisy way by just unbalancing myslef and letting the weights fall off

RBB
08-07-2006, 08:06 PM
bad spotters suck. i only have about three people in my gym that i trust to give a decent one. nice bench though, bro.

dblockspky
08-08-2006, 10:08 PM
umm today i got called in to work unexpectedly so it was supposed to be my legs/core day but I need a lot of energy for that so i'm bumping that to wednesday and i did shoulders/biceps today
weighed in at 191: I had lost some weight after being about 193 so I guess it probably wasn't lbm anyway so hopefully i only have 4 real pounds left.

Shoulder Press
135 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 4
195 x 3
215 x 2

Shrugs
3pps x 8
"" + 25s x 8
"" + 35s x 6
2pps x 12

Lateral DB Raise
10s x 10
15s x 10
20s x 10

Barbell Curl
90 x 6
90 x 5
90 x 5

Alternating DB Curl (pausing at the top of each rep until the rep on the other arm is done)
30 x 8 (each arm)
35 x 6 (ea)
30 x 10 (ea)

Wide Hand Bicep curl (lol I made this name up I don't know if it's a real exercise or not. Basically I keep my elbow tucked in and my hand out. It puts more of an emphasis on the inner part of the bicep).
3 sets x 35s x 6

RBB - with the way you lift, you could probably only find 3 people in your state strong/experienced enough to give you a proper spot lol

Coke
08-09-2006, 06:07 AM
All your lifts are strong, doing excellent on the majority of movements...nice way to combine the delts and bi's guy.

RBB
08-09-2006, 07:10 AM
going heavy on the shouler presses, bro. nice work.

dblockspky
08-09-2006, 07:49 PM
wooooottt ATF squats today. i thought my squat would go down a lot more from what my friends told me but it wasn't too severe. and don't worry i went ALL the way down, unless I need to become more flexible.
Here it is:

ATF Squats
warmup 135 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 5
275 x 4
295 x 3
315 x 2
I like these better than regular squats. I think it's hitting my quads more and I just feel a lot more comfortable throughout the movement than with regular squats. so this is a permanent add to my workout

Deadlifts
warm up - 135 x 5
4 sets x 225 x 5 reps

Leg raises
3 sets x 110 x 8 reps

Wide Pull ups (whatever they're called.. when the bar is shaped like a pulldown bar but it's for pull ups.. the hard ones, you know what i'm talking about)
3 sets x 8

DB Rows
50s x 8
55s x 8
60s x 8
I never really feel these while I'm working out. I'm thinking about just exchanging these for the hi rows machine. I need something to target my upper back good.

and I was supposed to do calf raises and i sluggishly strolled over to the smith machine with a step up stand even though my legs were dead. I put 225 on which is my normal calf raise first set weight but I did one rep and I got a cramp so I said **** it.

It wasn't a great workout today, I normally do a lot more on leg day but I was just happy with finally doing ATF squats and feeling the burn. and even though beforehand I thought my deadlift workout would be easy but it somewhat tired me out. so whatever.. i'll make improvements. Tomorrow.. BENCH for reps, best day of the week besides benching for weight lol

Cocoa and RBB - thanks guys. I really appreciate the feedback from people like you two.

Coke
08-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Awesome stuff with it all, particularly the atf squats rock - you are a natural for this game Block!!

dblockspky
08-11-2006, 07:54 PM
okkk pretty good day today. i'm startying to feel like I can put anything up now whenever I go to the gym so that's a good thing. I just have a feeling my lifts are gonna skyrocket in the next couple of weeks which is good. Anyways, weighed in at 191 and here's the workout:

Bench Press
bar warmup
185 x 13 .. I think I could of got two more reps but I started getting a pain in my left elbow so I just called it quits on 13.
225 x 6 .. I also think I could of definitely gotten one more rep and possibly two pushing it but I just put it on the rack I dunno why, I gotta stop being a bitch lol
185 x 5.. going for speed here lol shoulda lowered the weight cuz the speed aspect wasn't really there after those first couple sets

Flat Bench DB Press
80 x 5
90 x 5

Wide Grip Bench Press
3 sets x 155 x 8
this was hard as hell.. i was supposed to do ten reps each set but obviously didn't happen.

Incline DB Press
60s x 10
65s x 10
70s x 6
i hate it when everything is going good and then out of nowhere you just can't do another rep. everything was smooth up to rep 5 then after rep 6 everything just gave out

I was SUPPOSED to do close grip here but my chest was so done that I could only do one rep of 155 so I just skipped it. i had to many compound lifts today for my workout so i'm gonna hve to tweak that a little bit.

Dips
3 sets x BW x 8

PullDowns
3 sets x 150 x 10 reps

then a little bit of ab work after

so anyways.. my friend started working at GNC so i decided to take advantage of that and get some supplements for a price that would make all of you mad haha. but anyways i got all the expensive muscle-tech crap to give that a try. i got the protein powder, cell-tech, and some mass gainer stuff that i'll start on monday. the cell-tech fruit punch is pretty good it actually tastes like kool-aid or one of those packet mixed drinks. the protein powder tastes the same and has the same amount of protein as other lower priced ones but we'll see if it gives the other added effects that its scientifically tested results guarantee..
soo yea my legs are STILL dead from ATF squats on tuesday so tomorrow i'm just gonna do shoulders and bis and take sunday off.

Coke
08-12-2006, 07:36 AM
The supplements will be a welcome addition to your arsenal, I know you've got plans bro...fine bench work.

dblockspky
08-13-2006, 04:30 PM
quick shoulder and bis workout today right after work. weighed in at 192.

DB Shoulder Press
3 sets x 65s x 8 reps

Behind the neck BB press
95 x 8
105 x 8
115 x 7

BB Front lateral raise
3 sets x 30 x 8

Preacher Curls
3 sets x curl bar + 35s x 5 reps

Concentration Curls
3 sets x 45s x 5 reps

Hammer Curls
35s x 8
35s x 10
35s x 10

dblockspky
08-13-2006, 08:42 PM
also wanted to add that i did a speed training workout yesterday with my friend thats playing football for penn this year. then today we went to the track today and did a quick two miles. would of been a lot easier if i wasn't already sore from my last leg workout which was TUESDAY. if I don't get a lot better overnight i'm gonna have to push my leg workout back a day or two. i'm starting to cramp up too. I think i'm gonna have to up my water intake.. anybody know a good place to get cheap gallon bottles of water? I rather just carry that around with me then buying small ones or having to fill up a cup every 5 minutes

Coke
08-14-2006, 06:29 AM
The gallon waters are cheap at all the big grocers, you're better off buying the pack of 16oz waters though imo...ace conditioning with your partner who plays ball, can't beat sprinting out on the track. Fine shoulder and arm work too.

dblockspky
08-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks Cocoa.
ok.. bench day. nothing special. i just realized I forgot to way myself =(. I think I'm making good progress though. Here it is

Bench Press
warm up with bar
185 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 4
245 x 3
265 x 2
I was proud of myself for finishing this workout because even though I pumped out the first set easy the weight felt heavy for some reason which is normally an indicator that towards the end of my lifts i'm going to struggle. But I'm even more proud that I didn't get a spot on any single set. normally I get one for at least the last set but I just managed to get it off today and put it up twice.. funny because last saturday I struggled to do it once.

Incline Bench
185 x 5
195 x 4
205 x 4

Decline Bench
215 x 5
220 x 5
225 x 3

Crushers
3 sets x 30lbs ps x 10 reps

Tricep DB extension
3 sets x 55 x 8

Straight bar reverse grip pulldown
85 x 8
95 x 8
110 x 8

and thats it. whenever I write this workout out I feel like I didn't do a lot. but whatever I'm still making progress. My goal is to be able to put up 315 by september 4th. so I calculated that I have to put on about 35 more pounds on my bench press in 21 days. Three weeks. lol I didn't realize I had that little time before I set my goal but whatever we'll see. I think I can do it.

OOOH and i just wanted to add that I dunked for the first time today. I was playin with a couple friends from high school and before we got a game goin we were all just tryin to dunk. I missed my first three attempts which pissed me off because my friend is 6'3 but he's like 260 and has no type of muscle and he threw it down a couple times. so did the other guys but they all play basketball which was just somethin i do on the side to stay in shape. so anyway they all gave me pointers and told me all this technical crap about how I was trying to dunk on my way up and don't think about actually putting the ball in or some crap. but anyways I got it. and they said it looked good because I cocked it back which I didn't even mean to do. but i found this amazing because my legs are STILL somewhat sore from last week. i'm gonna have to stretch out good before my workout tomorrow

RBB
08-15-2006, 08:18 AM
now bench work. 265 is pretty damn good. dunking at 6' tall is awesome. i can't even get close to that ****.

Coke
08-15-2006, 10:11 AM
Ace $hit with the 265lbs doubles on the flat bench, even moreso without the use of a spotter.

dblockspky
08-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Tuesday's workout:

ATF Squats
225 x 5
245 x 5
275 x 4
295 x 3
315 x 3

DB Lunges
50s x 8
that sharp pain in my knee came back after the first set.. pisses me off when I can't finish something.. i keep forgetting to take my damn glucosamine pills

Leg Curls
3 sets x 110 x 8 reps

Calf Raises
Toes In/Toes Out
225 x 8
235 x 8
245 x 8

Weighted Pull Ups
3 sets x BW+30 x 8 reps

Back Extensions
3 sets x BW+35 plate x 8

Iso Lateral Hi Rows
2 pps x 8
2 pps+10s x 8
2 pps+25s x 8

And thats it.. i worked out kind of late because I was at the Rutgers football practice watching with my friend thats knows the recruiting coach. Some of these kids are ridiculously big, mostly the linemen and linebackers. Their starting running back looked about 5'9 230 solid muscle. Sometimes I wonder why I din't get blessed with those genetics. Everybody else is pretty normal sized.. They just looked bigger and faster on tv. I think I can definitely make the team next year, I'd be a lot more confident if I was 2 or more inches taller though. So I didn't leave until after 5. Then I went home to get something to eat but I ended up staying longer than expected so I didn't get to the gym until after 7. Anyway, just wanted to say I say some old guy.. he had to be at least 60 years old.. doing 8 pps on leg press. he wasn't big. looked like a normal guy that worked in an office all day or something. It frustrated me because I can't do that. But then again I still have 40 years of training before I can trully compare myself to him so I have quite a bit of time lol.

dblockspky
08-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Today's workout:

Smith Machine Shoulder Press
135 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 4
195 x 3
215 x 2

Smith Machine Shrugs
225 x 8
235 x 8
245 x 8

BB Upright Row
45 x 7
75 x 7
85 x 7

BB Curl
3 sets x 95 x 5 reps
I actually finished this workout today. My job had these extra gloves with straps or whatever it is on them that immobize your wrist I guess? whatever the purpose is, it helped.

Alternating DB Curl
40 x 6
45 x 5
50 x 4

Wide Hand DB Curls
3 sets x 30 x 8

RBB - Even though you're 5'9 I'm surprised you can't dunk with the way you squat and leg train. You should be able to do a front flip in the air and still dunk a basketball lol.

Cocoa- thanks man. yea I knew I was gonna get it. but i was pretty impressed that I got it off myself. probably won't happen again haha

Stumprrp
08-16-2006, 06:03 PM
nice workouts man

POWERLIFTER87
08-16-2006, 10:29 PM
Nice workout. My wrists bother me at times on curls and sometimes other movements with an underhand grip. I just use wrist wraps when that happens and it helps alot.

Coke
08-17-2006, 09:53 AM
You're lucky as hell since you have at least a couple of years left to keep adding height and natural weight.
You'd definitely make the team there at the University next season, especially after lifting and training until then.

dblockspky
08-17-2006, 04:47 PM
wwoooooohh. weighed in at 195 today. i'm not so quick to make it official though because a couple of those pounds might not be "real" so if i'm consistantly around that weight for the next couple of days then i've reached my goal. i weighed in at around 11:45. all i had was breakfast and a couple glasses of water so that shouldn't of inflated my weight to much.
anyways my workout today was ehh but I hit a new PR in the process so I didn't really care. as long as I keep getting stronger and reach my goals at the end of the month my workouts can be as ****ty as they want. here it is:

Bench Press
45 x 10
135 x 3
185 x 4
225 x 4
275 x 2!!!
I got somebody to give me a lift. I knew I was going to get the first one but I wasn't sure about the second. the first went up easy and the second was a slow rep but didn't really struggle.

Incline DB Press
60s x 10
70s x 10
80s x 9
I killed this workout. last week i only did three sets of 60s x 10. this week i went up 10 pounds. for some reason at this point in my workout I was feelin pretty diesel. maybe I need to start doing more warm up sets before I actually start my workout?? because if i had that pump that I did while doing incline while doing flat bench i would have put up 275 3 times, maybe 4.

Wide Grip Bench Press
155 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press
155 x 10
I hate close grip, I was giving it one more try but I still don't feel it, if anything I just feel it in my chest. so this one's getting scratched out of the lifts in the notebook

Cybex Decline Cable Flyes
3 sets x 10
my first time doing them.. I dunno how the weight works, I 'm guessing 10 per plate? but i just put it on what felt right

Rope Pulldowns
3 sets x 150 x 10

Single Arm Pushdowns
3 sets x 75 x 8

my wrist is killing me right now. it started hurtin after the first set of pulldowns. its not as bad as the pain i get in my knee though so I just pushed through it. I hope I don't get severe arthritis or some crap when I get older.

stump - thanks man good luck reaching all your goals
powerlifter - thanks. you just made me realize that my wrists might be hurting from using those straps during curls yesterday. so I guess double thanks lol.
cocoa - thanks man. I think i'm done growing though. that's what the doctor says. And I have good reason to believe so also. I messed around with the thought or a growth enhancer or hormone or whatever its called. I dunno about that though, I'd like to reach my goals for everything natural, I think I'd be more self satisfied

Coke
08-18-2006, 06:02 AM
Awesome job there on the flat bench - :thumbup:...I was way past 17yrs of age before I pulled off 275lbs for doubles.

Goodwinm
08-18-2006, 06:05 AM
super flat bechin! congrats!! 275 x 2! christ I wonder If I could get that when i get back to benching.

POWERLIFTER87
08-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Awesome work on the bench PR.

Stumprrp
08-18-2006, 08:47 AM
super bench PR my friend!! and thank you!

dblockspky
08-19-2006, 03:10 PM
I weighed in at 195 today for the third day in a row so i'm pretty convinced that its solid weight. now that I have it though I kind of wanna hit 200 and then I'll be satisfied. anyways.. here's the workout:

Leg Press
warm up (135 x 4,225 x 3, 315 x 2)
4 pps x 5
"" + 25s x 5
"" + 35s x 4
5 pps x 4
2 pps x 15

Single Leg Calf Raises
3 sets x 2pps x 8
superset: 2 legs x 2 pps x 20

SLDLs
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5

Lat PullDowns
120 x 8
140 x 8
150 x 8

Reverse Grip Lat Pulldowns
120 x 8
140 x 8
150 x 8

Seated T Bar Rows
150 x 8

Wide Grip Pull UPs
BW x 7

Supported T bAr Rows
90 x 9
115 x 8
135 x 8

umm yea I couldn't really decide what I wanted to finish my back off with so that's why it looks like I went machine hopping.
I can't help but to notice all the time that my legs are so damn small. especially since people always tell me I have skinny legs too. I'm not sure what to do though. My numbers aren't that bad that I should see atleast a little bit more definition.. ahhh oh well maybe one day i'll wake up and they'll double in size.

cocoa - thanks man. even though it took you longer.. it will probably take me wayyy past however old you are now to pull what you're currently doing

Goodwin- thanks man. you most likely can. just think to yourself.. if some 17 year old kid did it i can lol

Powerlifter - thanks I appreciate it

Stump - NO problem, thanks

Coke
08-19-2006, 07:11 PM
I can't help but to notice all the time that my legs are so damn small... ahhh oh well maybe one day i'll wake up and they'll double in size.

Be careful what U ask for, lol - ;) ...U put the work in, the leg size will come - U may want to work them on their own.

Con
08-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Leg press lookin nice dblock, keep it up, btw wheres the progress pics?

dblockspky
08-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Today's workout sucked. I didn't finish what I planned to do and I don't feel like i got anything out of it. On top of that on my first set of the day I felt a pain in my left pectoral sord of like I tore something. I knew todays workout was gonna be hard because my I increased my flat bench by 10 pounds a set instead of my normal 5 so that I could reach my goal on time but I still thought I would finish up. anyways here it is:

Bench Press
195 x 5
215 x 5
235 x 4
255 x 3
275 x 2
I didn't finish the last set. I got the first rep up and then the guy that was spotting me assisted a little bit which I consider not finishing. I did the first 4 sets by myself though. I normally warm up with the bar. I never used to warm up when my max was like 225 but now I'm doing a lot more weight so I figured its necessary because it's not wise to just jump into my workout when the first set is almost 200 pounds. Do you recommend doing more weight for warming up? I don't want to tire myself but i'm not sure if it would help me or not.

Incline Bench
185 x 5
195 x 4
215 x 1
wow. A complete drop off in strength for the last set. I was supposed to do it 4 times but I felt like I was maxing out and it took every bit of energy to put it up once.

Normally here would be Decline but I was pissed about everything that would already happened. and not finishing decline would have just pissed me off more so I skipped it

Skulls
3 sets x bar + 35s x 8 reps

Dips
3 sets x BW x 10

Overhead DB Extension
2 sets x 60 x 8

Pulldowns
2 sets x 150 x 10

today was so frustrating. I skipped my ab workout that I was supposed to do at the end, not because of my workout but I had to give my little brother a ride to his soccer practice. I think I have an idea of why it sucked so bad but I don't want to use it as an excuse because I don't think it was that serious. I just have to suck it up. hopefully next week will be a lot better. and hopefully I didn't tear anything. I think i'll take it easy on the chest for the rest of the week and just do pushups.

Oh and before I forget I weighed in at 198 today.. kind of surprised myself.

Cocoa - Thanks. I think even if they did double though it might just look normal, thats how skinny I think my legs are lol

Con - Thanks man. I've actually been meaning to do that. I think I would have more of an initiative if I thought there was great "look" progress but hopefully I get around to it today.

Coke
08-23-2006, 06:49 AM
I’d say it is better to lift heavier with the warmups so that your body becomes used to it.

These types of workout days are actually good because of the lessons learned.

Great effort regardless dude.

POWERLIFTER87
08-23-2006, 12:11 PM
If that's the same kind of injury I have then that really sucks. I guess just see what happens, and probably warm up alot more on bench anyways. Start with a few sets of 135 at least before you go heavier.

dblockspky
08-28-2006, 05:05 PM
so i took the rest of the week off last week because I was busy with a lot of stuff and I also think I came down with something which made me drop a good amount of weight, but no worries because somehow within a couple days I gained it back and today I weighed in at 199. I'm not sure what to make of this chest thing i'll explain the rest later

Bench Press
135 x 4
195 x 5
215 x 5
235 x 4
255 x 3
275 x 2
second rep on the last set was assisted

Incline Bench Press
185 x 5
190 x 5
195 x 4

Dips
3 sets x BW x 10

Crushers
3 sets x 30 pounds per side x 7

Overhead DB Extensions
50 x 8
was supposed to be 3 sets but for the second set couldn't really get the "overhead" part of the movement up

Pulldowns
3 sets x 150 x 10

ok so the pain in my chest was there while I was benching. It was strongest on the first set and then on the next three it just felt weird. then on the last set I felt/heard something pop while on the way down for the second rep. after this I didn't feel it for the rest of the workout. So i'm not sure what goin on with that. This might be the first lifting related injury I've experienced, hopefully not. Should I go to a physical therapist or a chiropracter to get it checked out. I also have to get my hip checked out. The inside of my hip, kind of where it connects to the groin gives me sever pains if I ever run sprints, not sure what caused that either.

Cocoa - Thanks man. That's so true.. I hate not making progress though
Powerlifter - Yea hopefully I'm not injured that would suck. I'll definitely try more warm up sets next time I go in.

dblockspky
08-28-2006, 06:55 PM
alsoo.. here's some progress pics.. posted them in the pictures forum too

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/dblockspky/th_side.jpg (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/dblockspky/side.jpg)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/dblockspky/th_bicepfront.jpg (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/dblockspky/bicepfront.jpg)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/dblockspky/th_back8.jpg (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/dblockspky/back8.jpg)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/dblockspky/th_front-1.jpg (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/dblockspky/front-1.jpg)

Coke
08-29-2006, 05:33 AM
Good to see you back after the break, sometimes it is a matter of getting some rest and all will clear - wish you well.

Effort was solid and judging by the pics so are you...doing great!!

Con
08-29-2006, 09:35 AM
Yo nice progress, and too bad about the wierd feelins in chest, hopefully they will not be there next time.

DGabe24
08-29-2006, 10:32 AM
Nice progress and lifting man. Where in NJ do you live?

dblockspky
08-29-2006, 11:40 AM
thanks everybody.
well dgabe my parents are separated so I'm back and forth between piscataway and plainfield. i just graduated from bishop ahr in edison and i'm getting ready to go to rutgers this year. and my father is also getting ready to move to westfield. so if you know where any of those places are I guess you can get an idea of where I live

dblockspky
08-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Goood day today. Refreshing to have a good lifting day after the ones for the last two weeks have sucked. PR'd and hit my goal today for deadlifts. People were staring at me while I was squating and doing deads.. not really sure what to make of that lol. uhhh my weight is fluctuating between 192 and 199 which is annoying me because I'm not sure how much I should say I weigh. yesterday i was 199, today at 7 when I weighed myself I was 192. anyways here's the workout:

Squats
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 4
225 x 10
that last set felt good. or maybe I should say it was hard and I could feel it after more. Maybe next week I'll do a high rep workout maybe 4-5 sets of 225-255 of 10-12 reps. Good idea?

Deadlifts
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 3
315 x 2
I was feeling good so I decided to go for my PR. I could have done it 4 times I believe but I had stopped because it was starting to slip out of my hands.. my grip sucks. thats why I had a 4th set because I was gonna try again for 4 but that clearly didn't happen lol

DB Lunges
40s x 6
45s x 6
50s x 5
Normally I get a pain in my knee but today was good. I switched it up hoping that starting lighter would cause me to not get pains and it worked.. i'm a genious haha

Wide Grip Pullups
3 sets x BW x 8

Leg Curls
110 x 8
110 x 7
110 x 7
started cramping up on the last 2 sets so I couldn't finish with 8

Calf Raises
225 x 8
245 x 8
265 x 10

Seated Rows
150 x 8
170 x 8
190 x 8

Decline Situps
BW x 40
BW x 20

Hanging Leg Raises
1 x 10
I'm gonna have to step up my ab training and stop being so lazy. I've noticed that for the last year my abs have steadily been disappearing. I used to be like ripped. I dunno how. But now its just like ehhh, at least i'm not tubby and i know they're there.

Thanks everyone once again. Gotta work tomorrow so unless i scrap up the energy to do shoulders and bis tomorrow i'll most likely update this on thursday. hopefully i'll see a chiropractic place by then for my chest so I can know whats going on. I think I have to get a referral from my pediatrician or whatever.

Con
08-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Nice workout, squats and deadlifts, way to **** urself up! :thumbup:

And anyone who does lunges is good in my book, that workout must leave u rdy for a ****in nap :D.

Gj and im sure your weight will bounce back.

Coke
08-30-2006, 05:12 AM
Folks up in there can't help but notice how you're about to take over, lol...doing excellent, keep on those abs bro!!

dblockspky
09-02-2006, 11:36 PM
okk i did a little chest/tris work on thursday and the pain is still there. unfortunately i'm gonna have to stop benching until I see a doctor because I don't feel right and I don't wanna make anything worse than it already is. anyways here's my workout for today:

Leg Press4pps x 8
4pps x 8
5pps x 6
5pps x 6
2pps x 20
2pps x 20

Leg Extensions
110 x 10
120 x 10
130 x 10
140 x 10

Leg Press Machine Calf Raises
2 sets x 2pps x 1 leg (Es) x 10 reps
2 sets x 3pps x 2 legs x 20

SLDLs
225 x 5
235 x 5
245 x 5
235 x 10

Leg Curls
3 sets x 90 x 10

Lat Pulldowns
150 x 8
160 x 8
170 x 8

Iso Lateral Hi Rows
2pps x 8
2pps + 10s x 8
2pps + 25s x 8
2pps x 12

And thats it. I'm trying to add more to my workout so something will jumpstart the growth in my legs because up to now I've seen good strength gains but nothing appearance wise. I think next week i'll experiment with front squats or anything that anybody will be able to recommend.

Con
09-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Maybe try some narrow stance squats, I believe it focuses more on quads. Also patience is key, maybe your genetics have you destine for a heavier upper body. Just go with the flow, as long as your eatin and workin out good youll be fine.

DGabe24
09-03-2006, 06:34 PM
I think if you do some of the squats Con just suggested and then some nice heavy SLDL work you, in time, will really build up some nice solid legs. Keep the intensity up and stay disciplined with the diet and you'll get there bro.

Coke
09-04-2006, 05:58 AM
Fine leg day...I'd say do any and everything in order to work the legs, experiment - find a favorite movement or two.

dblockspky
09-14-2006, 02:01 PM
okk i haven't been around for a while. life has been busy and i try to squeeze a workout in whenever i can. college started. commuting sucks. my classes take up a lot of time being 4 credit classes and they're all pretty hard. i went to the doctor at the beginning of this week and he told me nothing that I didn't already know so thats frustrated me as my chest is STill having problems. on top of that I was going to just getting my wind back up and just working lower body while everything with my chest got situated. and then on tuesday while playing basketball I twisted my ankle. I couldn't walk for the first two days but today i just tied my ankle brace from football on it pretty tight and I've been getting around ok. so I guess for now I'll just be doing shoulders and biceps.. so exciting. Even through all that when I did get a chance to lift at the school weightroom it leaves me with a sense of accomplishment because I lift so much more than everybody else. I can't really comprehend though how a lot of people are so big (not fat but look muscular) but aren't that strong. I get looks all the time when lifting.. I guess people forget that the gym has mirrors all around.. People probably think i'm the strongest skinny kid they've every seen lol. wait til they find out i'm a freshman

mickyjune26
09-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Where are you at, man?

Coke
09-18-2006, 10:05 AM
.. People probably think i'm the strongest skinny kid they've every seen lol...

My friends way back used to say that about me, lol...too bad about the ankle, that happens a lot on the bb-court.