PDA

View Full Version : Diet check-up, how's it looking Doc? Am I gonna die!?!

Nosaj
06-29-2006, 02:02 AM
Alrighty folks, trying to tune up my diet. I've been stuck at a 230~lb plateau so I'm trying to break through it but keep my diet clean in the process. Here is todays diet, let me know what you think (I'm very open to suggestions/criticsim).

12:00 Wake up (8 hours sleep, whey/cottage cheese right before bed)
12:30 Shake* + daily multi vitamin (1200cal, 48f, 61.5p, 51c)
4:30 Shake
9:15 Shake
11:30 Shake
2:15 2 scoops whey, 1 cup cottage cheese (420cal, 6f, 16c, 72p)

*Shake = 2 cups 2% milk, 2tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp natty PB, 1 scoop cytogainer, 1 scoop ON whey, 1 banana

Daily Total: 5220cal, 320p, 198f, 220c

Thoughts: I know I only have like 5 meals a day with this diet but I'm NEVER hungry throughout the day and if I ever feel hungry I'll often snack on either 2 cups of milk(I used to drink a gallon of milk a day, DELICIOUS!), a cup of cottage cheese or some PB& Celery. I'm 6'3", 227lbs as of today. My goal is 250lbs by the end of september.

DNL
06-29-2006, 02:37 AM
are you taking in "regular" solid foods?

Nosaj
06-29-2006, 02:54 AM
I eat chicken w/ BBQ sauce, veggies and a baked potatoe when I feel like cooking, sometimes tuna/canned chicken + cottage cheese when I don't feel like a shake, and the occational cheat day (had sushi, avacado egg rolls and a brownie the size of montana last week), but other than that, no.

Nicoman
06-29-2006, 03:49 AM
Try to fit in at least 2 servings of veggies a day....the recommended intake should be 5 servings buts let's be real right.

Good luck!

Nosaj
06-29-2006, 09:37 AM
I did a quick search of the WBB diet articles (It was rather half assed, but I swear I spent a couple minutes) and I couldn't find any good information on veggies. What exactly do you think I'm missing out on that I'm not getting now? I feel great and I'm breaking through my weight plateau, but if I'm missing something I definitely want to adjust. I could replace or add a couple of servings of steamed spinach or broccoli with my mid-day snacks, but maybe somebody could point me toward and article that shows why it's worth my time? :) Thanks.

Nosaj
07-01-2006, 12:43 AM
Still looking for some feedback, I know there are some nutrition junkies in here. Advice/criticism? I'd really appreciate it.

Built
07-02-2006, 11:37 AM
Have a couple cups of steamed broccoli in there every day, green beans ... Try to slip in some antioxidant rich fruit, such as blueberries (toss a cup of frozen into a shake, makes it thick like ice cream anyway, or toss 'em into oatmeal).

Tofer
07-02-2006, 12:52 PM
If you have enough energy for your workouts and you don't feel drained during the day then ignore this, but you could add a cup or even just half a cup of raw oats to each of your shakes if you want (or maybe just your morning shake). I only say this because it seems like your carb intake is pretty low. If you stop gaining then obviously it's because you're not getting enough calories, so adding oats would be an easy way to increase your total. Just a thought. I'm definitely not a nutrition expert.

D Breyer
07-02-2006, 03:49 PM
You're appetites going to go to nothing once you start eating solid food again.. I've done all/majority liquid before and it really sucks going back to real food. Other then that, and maybe adding some carbs/fiber in there, its looking pretty good.

Nosaj
07-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Have a couple cups of steamed broccoli in there every day, green beans ... Try to slip in some antioxidant rich fruit, such as blueberries (toss a cup of frozen into a shake, makes it thick like ice cream anyway, or toss 'em into oatmeal).

Sounds good, thanks. I add a big handful of ice to my shakes to get that "milkshake" effect, it's awesome! :)

If you have enough energy for your workouts and you don't feel drained during the day then ignore this, but you could add a cup or even just half a cup of raw oats to each of your shakes if you want (or maybe just your morning shake). I only say this because it seems like your carb intake is pretty low. If you stop gaining then obviously it's because you're not getting enough calories, so adding oats would be an easy way to increase your total. Just a thought. I'm definitely not a nutrition expert.

I have added oats to my shakes before, it just adds a texture I don't care for. I've never been a fan of oats in shakes, but I think I'm going to have to suck it up and teach myself to deal with the texture. What do you think is a good carb range for a 230~lb guy? I do okay energy wise throughout the day but it never really matters for my workouts because I take Superpump250 before I workout and it's loaded with caffeine, so my workouts are always really potent. :thumbup:

You're appetites going to go to nothing once you start eating solid food again.. I've done all/majority liquid before and it really sucks going back to real food. Other then that, and maybe adding some carbs/fiber in there, its looking pretty good.

I've already started noticing it, you're totally right. When I go out drinking with friends we'll usually end up going out to a restaurant before hand. I don't like to talk about nutrition with people unless they ask me so I just end up eating something at the restaurant to avoid the issue, and it almost seems like a chore eating a full sized meal. I'm not really that worried about it though because I'm going to continue shakes through my bulk to 250lbs and then switch back to whole foods (primarily anyways) when I start my cut. A lower appetite for whole foods combined with a calorie deficiet should be a pretty good combo.

I appreciate the feedback. :)