PDA

View Full Version : A Theory (LBM and Bodyfat%) I've been thinking about.

John04Civic
06-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Okay my goal is to get a set of abs and a great defined body. So I wanted to give this example to give me an idea how my next cut should end up.

Would it be easier to gain muscle definition with:

Diet A: 170lbs LBM

or

Diet B: 150lbs LBM

Lets say beginning weight:

Diet A: 210 lbs.

Diet B: 190 lbs.

Both are rated at the same B/f % at the beginning (also same age, height, etc.), and both attempt the same diet. Will Diet A show signs of muscular definition before Diet B due to a higher LBM (so probably bigger muscles)? Or am I just thinking a little too deep?

RedSpikeyThing
06-29-2006, 02:50 PM
They are the same bf%, so they will be equally defined. But the heavier guy will obviously be bigger since they are the same height. So in the end, the heavier guy would be like an inflated version of the lighter guy. They would be equally defined, but one bigger than the other.

I think I got that right.

Keith
06-29-2006, 02:56 PM
They are the same bf%, so they will be equally defined. But the heavier guy will obviously be bigger since they are the same height. So in the end, the heavier guy would be like an inflated version of the lighter guy. They would be equally defined, but one bigger than the other.

I think I got that right.

:withstupi

The bigger guy will still end up looking bigger though because of having more LBM than the other.

John04Civic
06-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Do you think it'd be easier for the bigger guy to achieve a more "Muscular look" because of the extra size?

JustLost
06-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Both are rated at the same B/f % at the beginning (also same age, height, etc.), and both attempt the same diet. Will Diet A show signs of muscular definition before Diet B due to a higher LBM (so probably bigger muscles)? Or am I just thinking a little too deep?

The bigger guy also has more total fat, so he might just look less defined.

So the definitive answer is "Yes, you're thinking a little too deep."

;)

Keith
06-29-2006, 03:09 PM
Do you think it'd be easier for the bigger guy to achieve a more "Muscular look" because of the extra size?

I dont know about easier but I think he will most likely look more muscular because of his size.

RedSpikeyThing
06-29-2006, 03:10 PM

But he's at the same bf%, which is what controls how defined you are.

;)

Agreed ;)

Unreal
06-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Since the larger guy also has 20lbs more LBM, he will probably be able to eat more and have a much easier time cutting. Plus, if he wanted to he could just got far maximum fat/weight loss and lose more LBM and still retain more or as much as #2. Of course having more LBM makes everything easier.

CrazyK
06-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Basically one will look a lot more muscular, especially with his shirt on. The other won't even look like he works out, but he well have teh abbbbzzz.

RedSpikeyThing
06-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Basically one will look a lot more muscular, especially with his shirt on. The other won't even look like he works out, but he well have teh abbbbzzz.

They would both be equally defined, therefore they would both have "teh abbbbzzz".

John04Civic
06-29-2006, 04:44 PM

;)
Well I was just hoping that next time my cut comes around that I will have more LBM, thus an easier cut to get the abs.