PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Light/Diet Soda

Fat Man
06-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Its almost a month now since I have started and I have eliminated sugar based drinks from my diet(It has been tough as I was a soda guy)

Anyway I mostly stick to Crystal Light, and have one diet soda once in a while.

My question is, Should I eliminate having Diet Soda as its more filling/Less hydrating as water/CL ?.......

And, Is Crystal Light just as good as drinking water? Can I be content drinking just Crystal Light everyday on my Diet? In terms of getting enough water in you, and keeping out the simple sugars.

Optimum08
06-29-2006, 09:41 PM
diet sodas are fine, just don't go overboard with them, as they dehydrate you. and just as well crystal light is fine too, but should not be used in place of proper hydration, but in conjunction with it.

getfit
06-30-2006, 03:33 AM
Crystal Light is fine.

MagnaSephiroth
06-30-2006, 02:17 PM
For me, my dad works for Coca Cola, and I used to drink, about a year ago, close to a litter of coke a day. If fact if I didn't have coke around I wouldn't drink anything else when I was thirsty, I had to run to the store to get more. Of course I have switched that, and I havnt had very many soda's since (all would be diet) In fact I havnt had any type of coke for about 3 months. I heard a lot of things about how diet coke is actually worse for you then regular, guess that scared me lol, but I try to avoid carbonation now so meh.

Fat Man
06-30-2006, 02:51 PM
For me, my dad works for Coca Cola, and I used to drink, about a year ago, close to a litter of coke a day. If fact if I didn't have coke around I wouldn't drink anything else when I was thirsty, I had to run to the store to get more. Of course I have switched that, and I havnt had very many soda's since (all would be diet) In fact I havnt had any type of coke for about 3 months. I heard a lot of things about how diet coke is actually worse for you then regular, guess that scared me lol, but I try to avoid carbonation now so meh.

Similar story here as far as how much I drank soda.

Can you elaborate about how Diet Coke is worse then reg coke?

Anyway, I pretty much drink crystal light 8-10 times a day.

I guess eevntaully I should switch to water, but its hard when noly a month ago I was drinking 5-10 cans of soda a day.

Patz
06-30-2006, 03:42 PM
Crystal light doesnt have any caffiene, so there's no dieuretic effect (minimal with soda anway..drink coffee to see science in action..lol). The only slight bad side to crystal light is PRICE (that **** is ridiculous) and artificial sweetner.

But, something's gotta kill ya, right?

Patz
06-30-2006, 03:44 PM

My teeth dont make squeaky noises after I drink diet coke.

getfit
06-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Crystal light doesnt have any caffiene, so there's no dieuretic effect (minimal with soda anway..drink coffee to see science in action..lol). The only slight bad side to crystal light is PRICE (that **** is ridiculous) and artificial sweetner.

But, something's gotta kill ya, right?
i never understood why they price it so high.

MagnaSephiroth
06-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Similar story here as far as how much I drank soda.

Can you elaborate about how Diet Coke is worse then reg coke?

Anyway, I pretty much drink crystal light 8-10 times a day.

I guess eevntaully I should switch to water, but its hard when noly a month ago I was drinking 5-10 cans of soda a day.

Well, I heard something about theres something in Diet Coke that is bad for you, or causes something, kind of like a different type of calorie, but its not calories. Again I would ignore this cause I have no sources, nor do I have any proof, so until I can find that, drink away (or watch yourself in case I do find evidence, doubt I will)

I would say Crystal light is a good medium for switching between soda and water. Lets face it, simpily switching from soda to water doesnt take a day. I had to cut it down to 1 coke a day, then one every once in a while, and it took months to finially put down coke. The key? Medium drink. The drink they will set you up for water, the drink between water and coke. CL works well, I used Sparkling water (I love the carbonation) so I eventually took out that carbonation and im left with water.

CL comes in many forms, it also comes in powder (not sure what you use) Use the powder and slowly use less and less powder until your simpily drinking water, then try to drink no more then 16fl oz of it a day on top of water.

Remember, CL contains Yellow 5 which cuts down on your spermies.

Patz
07-01-2006, 06:06 AM
i never understood why they price it so high.

It's made by magical fairies and elves.