PDA

View Full Version : "Jungle Juice"

jed
06-29-2006, 09:53 PM
I recently attended University of Northern Iowa Football Camp, and we had the teams weight trainer give us a talk about lifting. He suggested mixing a drink that ALL of their players drink while LIFTING in the weightroom. The drink consisted of:
3 1/2 x serving size dry gatorade
2 scoops whey
5g creatine (optional)
What do you all think if this mix? Im gonna try it, I dont have the best mix (Lime gatorade, Chocolate Whey, and Fruit Punch creatine, mmmm!)

Optimum08
06-29-2006, 10:11 PM
you should probably go with regular creatine monohydrate if your gonna do that, and try to pick a dry gatorade flavor that can work with your choco whey, something like a strawberry or an orange.

jed
06-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Yeah I have dry powder creatine monohydrate. I'm going to get vanilla whey and orange gatorade for a "orange-sickle" flavor if the testing stage is succesfull, hopefully the creatine will just add to the fun flavor :P

cts122
06-29-2006, 10:20 PM
what he suggested isnt bad, basically it seems like hes using gatorade to cover a few important preworkout supplements (which can also be had during workout and not pre). There is pretty good book out called nutrient timing and it tries to help make your protein and the rest of your diet as effective as possible by feeding your body what it needs at the proper times and manipulating your insulin which you may not realize is your most anabolic hormone. Although some may say that a pre workout drink may not be important and this book is BS, I have gotten amazing results by following their suggestions. What they would recommend preworkout is

High glycemic carbs ... 20-25g
Whey protein ... 5-6g
Leucine ... 1g
Vitamin C ... 100mgs
Vitamin E ... 50iu's
Sodium ... 100-250mgs
Potassium ... 100mgs
Magnesium ... 100mgs

It seems to me that your coach is suggesting something quite similar, the protein may be a little much however your body will definatly use it pwo which also may have to do with why he siggested to drink it while working out. Did he suggest anything postworkout as well?

jed
06-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Nothing was suggested post-workout. Someone asked if taking just a whey shake with milk after a workout would be fine, and he said go for it, no objections.

Hockey66
06-30-2006, 12:52 PM
That's basically whey, dextrose and creatine mixed in water during your workout.

That's exactly what Built recommends, so the trainer must know something.

Roddy
07-11-2006, 10:49 PM
tried this tonight... pretty awesome. Had some serious energy at the gym.... personal bests across the board.

Question tho.

is it ok if i am taking creatine only with this drink, and only on workout days?

On non workout days i was planning not to take the creatine. But i always take the whey protein..

mikey4402
07-12-2006, 10:10 AM
i would just suggest not calling it jungle juice. that name is already taken haha

Question tho.

is it ok if i am taking creatine only with this drink, and only on workout days?

On non workout days i was planning not to take the creatine. But i always take the whey protein..
why, its not going to hurt you if you take it everyday, most do take it everyday.

Roddy
07-12-2006, 05:25 PM
^^^ ya i have taken it everyday in the past, but right now i work in an extremely hot environment right now (steam/boiler room) with virtually no ventilation, and i sweat like a mother*****..its over 40celciusin there.

I'd dont wanna dehydrate while on creatine.

Thexile
07-12-2006, 07:32 PM
doesn't creatine retain water?

McIrish
07-13-2006, 09:11 AM
^^^ ya i have taken it everyday in the past, but right now i work in an extremely hot environment right now (steam/boiler room) with virtually no ventilation, and i sweat like a mother*****..its over 40celciusin there.

I'd dont wanna dehydrate while on creatine.

What the crap, man - get a cooler gym. You're going to pass out or something if you keep that up.

RedSpikeyThing
07-13-2006, 05:07 PM
doesn't creatine retain water?

It retains it in the muscles, which dehydrates teh resto of the body.

Roddy
07-13-2006, 06:34 PM
What the crap, man - get a cooler gym. You're going to pass out or something if you keep that up.

LOOOOOOOOOOL, i said work, not work out.:clap: :moon: :zipit:

McIrish
07-14-2006, 03:25 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOL, i said work, not work out.:clap: :moon: :zipit:

Ahh... so you did. My mistake. :) Still, do you work in a submarine's boiler room or something? Over 40 celsius is nuts for any work environment, IMO.

CBrons
07-18-2006, 06:28 PM
If you were to have that drink while working out, would it simply replace a pre workout meal or would you have a pre workout meal as well as this shake during the workout? suggestions?

dblockspky
07-18-2006, 07:11 PM
lol i came into this thread thinking you were talking about alcohol.. nevermind i have no expertise on this

CBrons
07-18-2006, 08:52 PM
?

cts122
07-19-2006, 08:10 PM
If you were to have that drink while working out, would it simply replace a pre workout meal or would you have a pre workout meal as well as this shake during the workout? suggestions?

generally, a while working out drink would be your pre workout drink.