PDA

View Full Version : A Surfer's Journal

surfer16
06-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Since I will be starting my new diet and workout tomorrow (2nd July 2006), I decided to get a journal going... should be interesting.

Current Stats:
15 Years old
Weight of 139 lbs
Height of 5'7
BF% 7%

Workout:
WBB Routine #1, surfing, running and badminton.

Diet:
Anything I can get my hands on really, just to put on some mass. Don't think I need to worry about a clean bulk for awhile

Supplements:
Whey Protein

Goals
To gain mass and strength.

surfer16
07-02-2006, 09:32 AM
2nd July

:bang: Twisted my ankle today while playing football. Its badly sprained, doctor told me I gotta strap it up for a few weeks and take it easy, no running and more importanlty, no surfing :cry: - ARRHH

Gotta look on the bright side I guess, i'll be in the house alot so be i'll eating loads,
and I can still work on my upper body.
Ordered a pull up bar off e-bay yesterday so it should be here by tomorrow :)

2nd July Exercise

1 Hour of badminton in the morning
Standing Dumbbell curls : 6 x 8 reps
Flat Dumbbell Presses : 5 x 5 reps
bench Press : 5 x 8 reps
Crunches : 2 x 20
Reverse Crunches 2 x 10

surfer16
07-05-2006, 01:51 PM
4th July

So pissed off about my ankle, it is healing but way too slow, i'm dieing to go for a nice long run. Hope it will be ok for next friday (14th July) i've got a sports day at my school and i'm expected to run the 1500m, 3000m and relay (100m) :mad: Also finding it hard to get a appetite. Hardly eaten a thing today.

4th July Exercise

Dumbbell Incline Press 2x9
Close Grip Chins 2x9
Flat Dumbbell Flies 2x9
Wide Grip Deadlifts 2x9
Decline Barbell Bench Press 2x9
Seated Cable Row 4x9

Natetaco
07-05-2006, 03:17 PM
why dont you put the ammount of weight you use on your excersizes?

surfer16
07-10-2006, 03:31 PM
6th July

Rest day today. Been trying to walk on my ankle, putting too much pressure on it and now its really feeling the pain, i'm guna lay off it (for as much as I can) for the new few days.

6th July Exercise

Hardly anything, about 3-4 miles of walking. I'm guna go nuts if I havn't put on any weight by the end of the week, i've been eating my ass off!
getting my protein powder on the weekend :D :strong:

surfer16
07-10-2006, 03:34 PM
why dont you put the ammount of weight you use on your excersizes?

I'm not 100% sure on afew things,I wanna get it all right to the last lb before I put the weight up.

Can anyone help? not sure if my technique is any good with the bench press

Link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Lcxa9pTTU

am I doing anything wrong? afew of my friends have said I bring the bar down way to fast.

I'll get some more vids up soon as i'm unsure on loads of things.... :newbie:

surfer16
07-12-2006, 10:27 AM
7th July

Got my first tub of protein powder today, its abig step for me..time to get serious about lifting. I'm about to take some now and hit the gym, i'll edit this post with my workout later.

surfer16
07-16-2006, 05:27 AM
8th July - 16th

Havn't really had time to add to my journal over the past few days. I've been hitting the gym hard and taking 2-3 servings of protein powder a day. I'm guna scrap posting up my diet as my deit is generally very good. I'm just goin to keep this a workout journal. I'm off to the gym later to work on my Shoulders, Triceps, Biceps and Abs. I'll post my workout when I get back.
Also guna get some photos up soon.