PDA

View Full Version : "Oats in a shake" ...explain please.

unstop
06-30-2006, 09:59 AM
I've been doing a lot of reading here today and one thing a lot of people seem to have in common is the mention of "putting oats in a shake."

I am interested in doing this for two reasons:
1) It sounds really quick and simple
2) I hate oatmeal

So when you guys say you put oats in a shake, are you literally putting plain dry raw oats into a shaker bottle, adding some whey, adding water, shaking, and then drinking?

You don't need to use a blender? You don't cook the oats first? Just throw them in raw, add whey and water and drink?

Do I have this understood correctly?

Thanks in advance.

getfit
06-30-2006, 10:03 AM
grind them, add water and protein, shake it up and ready to go!

That's how i do it.

unstop
06-30-2006, 10:20 AM
grind them
How exactly do you grind the oats?

Keith
06-30-2006, 10:22 AM
I throw them in with everything else I add and yes, I blend them. Ill never throw them in raw and simply, shake that **** up. Thats just plain sick, your suppose to drink your shake, not eat it.

Keith
06-30-2006, 10:23 AM
How exactly do you grind the oats?

A grinder/blender.

unstop
06-30-2006, 10:25 AM
I throw them in with everything else I add and yes, I blend them. Ill never throw them in raw and simply, shake that **** up. Thats just plain sick, your suppose to drink your shake, not eat it.
Yeah, that's what I was wondering.

But when you say you blend them, they are still raw, right? At no point in creating an oat/whey shake do you actually cook the oats, correct?

Keith
06-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Correct, in that they are raw when you blend them.

unstop
06-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Correct, in that they are raw when you blend them.

Ok cool, so let me see if I understand it all...

- I put 1-2 scoops of whey in the blender.
- I put 1-2 servings of dry/raw oats (such as these (http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/qo_ourProducts/quakerOats/product.cfm?productid=3)) in the blender.
- I put a lot of water in the blender.
- I turn the blender on.
- I turn the blender off.
- I drink what is inside the blender.

Rinse, repeat.

Stumprrp
06-30-2006, 10:37 AM
yeah you got it right, but use milk it will taste better :D

Keith
06-30-2006, 10:42 AM
Put what you want in your shake man, dont have to use milk, but it will taste better. Just make sure you know what your putting in your shake and keep track of it. Dont be scared to experiment though, feel free to add w/e at anytime.

getfit
06-30-2006, 10:56 AM
yep, a blender

Davidelmo
06-30-2006, 12:25 PM
I do it like this:

Put oats into blender
Turn on
Turn off
Add whey and milk
Turn on
Turn off

HahnB
06-30-2006, 01:09 PM
Ok cool, so let me see if I understand it all...

- I put 1-2 scoops of whey in the blender.
- I put 1-2 servings of dry/raw oats (such as these (http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/qo_ourProducts/quakerOats/product.cfm?productid=3)) in the blender.
- I put a lot of water in the blender.
- I turn the blender on.
- I turn the blender off.
- I drink what is inside the blender.

Rinse, repeat.

If you do it this way you're going to have a shake with huge oat chunks in it that will all settle in the bottom, and it won't be easy to drink. Grind the oats first.

Patz
06-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Or you could just pour the whole oats into a shaker and git er done..

You guys must have oodles of free time to be grinding and pureeing everything before you blend it. Sheesh!

I kind of like chewing each mouthful of shake.

DGabe24
06-30-2006, 05:52 PM
All I know is, like Stumpy said you better use milk, cause when I try water it's a much longer shake to drink :drooling:

Holto
06-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Coffee grinder and then stick blender for me.