PDA

View Full Version : Everything about dextrose?

DokterVet
06-30-2006, 02:17 PM
I bought some dextrose yesterday, mainly to help with creatine absorption. I've searched the forum and there are some questions about it here and there, but I couldn't find a thread that really summarizes what a body builder should use it for.

So basically I'd like to know:

1) What are all the positive/negative effects of dextrose (specifically regarding bodybuilding diets, cutting and bulking)

2) How much should be taken and when? With creatine?

3) How come nobody outside of WBB seems to even know about dextrose?

Thanks.

Con
06-30-2006, 02:37 PM
I was told that it raises your insulin level and this in turn will increase absortion of nutrients into your muscle and fat cells(almost a direct quote from hat was told to me).

Think it depends on your weight.

I believe its more of an advanced thing to use, so average people who lift weights might not know about it.

Youll prolly get some better replies but thats what I think.

Built
06-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Ignore the fact that it's muscletech - the guidlines are sound: http://www.muscletech.com/NUTRITION/HIGH_PERFORMANCE_NUTRITION/ISSUE_2/index.shtml

DokterVet
07-02-2006, 12:35 AM
Ok, that link covers during the workout, but what about with creatine? How much and why?

Also is 4 calories, 0 fat, 1 carb, 0 protein accurate for 1 g of dextrose?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Ok, that link covers during the workout, but what about with creatine? How much and why?www.creatinemonohydrate.net

Also is 4 calories, 0 fat, 1 carb, 0 protein accurate for 1 g of dextrose?1 gram of carbs = 4 calories.

motoko013
07-02-2006, 03:11 AM
dextrose is just d-glucose...it's not some special supplement

DokterVet
07-02-2006, 11:27 AM
I know. But I have heard taking it with whey or creatine increases absorption.