PDA

View Full Version : Storing food for long periods of time

MagnaSephiroth
07-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Lets say you have to do something, or go somewhere wher eyou can not access food for more then 3 hours. Situation? Hmm, your going deepsea diving for 5 hours, hard to eat underwater. Do you eat more ahead of time so your body burns more or do you just eat normal, then eat more when you finially are able to eat.

Basically, the question is, does your body like it more when it runs on fuel longer, or gets refilled. (weird question...I think) Cause obviously you cant eat all your daily calories at breakfast and expect not to be hungry the rest of the day.

Jordanbcool
07-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Lets say you have to do something, or go somewhere wher eyou can not access food for more then 3 hours. Situation? Hmm, your going deepsea diving for 5 hours, hard to eat underwater. Do you eat more ahead of time so your body burns more or do you just eat normal, then eat more when you finially are able to eat.

Basically, the question is, does your body like it more when it runs on fuel longer, or gets refilled. (weird question...I think) Cause obviously you cant eat all your daily calories at breakfast and expect not to be hungry the rest of the day.

Your body likes to be "refilled' but going without food for a couple of hours is nothing to be worried about. I'd just eat more before-hand and eat normally afterwards. I dont know what else to really say as your question is kinda vauge. Are you worried about fat storage or hunger?

-jordan

MagnaSephiroth
07-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Im worried about not eating and then having my body go into starvation mode and start taking from my muslces.

Jordanbcool
07-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Im worried about not eating and then having my body go into starvation mode and start taking from my muslces.

lol.

Dont worry about it....Lets just leave it at that.

*BTW. Your body stores carbs in your muscles that it feeds on during the day. A few hours of non-eating is simply not enough to deplete that. Your muscles are safe.

-jordan