PDA

View Full Version : muscle loss from not eating?

honda2002civic
07-02-2006, 09:58 AM
i recently started a summer job that doesnt give me much time to eat well.. i bring my healthy snacks and try to get as much protien and calories as i can but its no where near how much i was consuming before. my question is: is my muscles size going to decrease because im not eating?(i continue to follow my normal workout routine) or am i just going to lose fat?

i know you need lots of food to GROW after working out but i dont know about retain the muscle you already have. this may sound like a dumb question but i dont know much about this stuff..

drew
07-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Yes, you can lose muscle mass if you lose too much weight too fast.

Just focus on eating more when you're not at work. Try to eat snacks that are more calorie dense (nuts, beef jerkey, etc) when you're at work. Make sure that at the end of your day your total calories are where they should be.

MagnaSephiroth
07-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Bring lots of gum to chew on

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-02-2006, 01:07 PM
^^

How would that help anything? o_0

Thexile
07-02-2006, 01:26 PM
if anything wouldnt chewing gum increase your metabolic rate and make you salivate more?

Jordanbcool
07-02-2006, 01:30 PM
if anything wouldnt chewing gum increase your metabolic rate and make you salivate more?

lol.

Anyways. If getting food is THAT much of a problem your going to simply have to supplement. Shakes will have to be the bulk of your diet....they wont keep you full but i'd rather deal with that then starve and lose a ton of muscle.

-jordan

Margin Of Error
07-02-2006, 02:49 PM
lol.

Anyways. If getting food is THAT much of a problem your going to simply have to supplement. Shakes will have to be the bulk of your diet....they wont keep you full but i'd rather deal with that then starve and lose a ton of muscle.

-jordan

Dunnow how you make yours but I cant move for a good while after drinking one of my shakes.

chris mason
07-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Don't worry about it. You will not lose any muscle from it.