PDA

View Full Version : Protein Shakes: Confused already

MagnaSephiroth
07-02-2006, 11:29 AM
It says add a scoop to your fav drink, now obvsiouly protein chocolate powder and water would be gross (not fav drink, but its what I drink) so I'm thinking milk.

So, is that how I make these things? Get a cup of milk, a scoop, and maybe a banana/peanut butter? Thanks.

getfit
07-02-2006, 12:00 PM
you can use either water or milk.The extras are for extra calories

Jordanbcool
07-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Milk is superior to water in taste and "performance". I'd go with nonfat milk if your cutting.

-jordan

D Breyer
07-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Water allows for faster digestion which is why I use water for PWO but the taste isn't as good as milk.. Its pretty much all personal..

Also, I've got friends that mix it with Orange Juice (yuck!). Just try differant drinks, you'll find what you like best.

Built
07-02-2006, 03:47 PM
No orange juice.

Milk or water.

powerrack
07-02-2006, 03:57 PM
It would taste like crap with juice. I use skim milk myself, some prefer just water. Depending on what I"m after, I do add in extras for more cals usually natural peanut butter or bananas. Frozen banana seem to work well for me.

Stumprrp
07-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Milk for sure man, milk is the best.

just do a 16 ounce milk, 2 scoops whey, 2 tbsp peanut butter, its perfect and tastes like a liquid reeses peanut butter cup, and has like no sugar.

Nosaj
07-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Use milk if you're just taking it to get calories in your body. Mmm, chocolate milk. Use water if you're at the gym or PWO, the protein will digest faster and therefore feed your muscles in less time. You get used to the taste with water, it really isin't bad at all, I actually look forward to it. :)

KingWilder
07-02-2006, 07:08 PM
nitrean tastes good in water (unlike other proteins), but I usually use milk

MagnaSephiroth
07-02-2006, 07:50 PM
I used water and eww it was nasty, but I downed it anyway. The stuff I use s called Pro-Radeo. Anyone else use it? Its Chocolate flavored.

getfit
07-02-2006, 08:08 PM
I used water and eww it was nasty, but I downed it anyway. The stuff I use s called Pro-Radeo. Anyone else use it? Its Chocolate flavored.
use milk then

MagnaSephiroth
07-02-2006, 09:12 PM
use milk then

Will do with pleasure.

Anyone tried it with coke? I mean I know I dont drink it anymore, but im curious :D

MagnaSephiroth
07-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Do blenders completely mix the powder and milk together? I used a spoon and no matter how hard I stirred, chunks still floated. Does simpily buying a blender solve this problem?

laxguy1028
07-04-2006, 03:56 PM
you could just buy a shaker, they are made for that reason

Holto
07-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Do blenders completely mix the powder and milk together? I used a spoon and no matter how hard I stirred, chunks still floated. Does simpily buying a blender solve this problem?

You need one of these:

http://www.thesage.com/images/rcp/stick1.jpg

Will do with pleasure.

Anyone tried it with coke? I mean I know I dont drink it anymore, but im curious :D

This is utter sacriledge.

Jordanbcool
07-05-2006, 09:22 AM

Yes, blenders are beautiful.

I'd always use milk for protein shakes. They give some nice add ons. Pack on some extra calories, casien/whey protein, fat, and good carbs. IMO nature made perfect.

-jordan

JustLost
07-05-2006, 10:08 AM

A shaker (as someone else mentioned) usually does the trick for whey; anything with casein or MPI usually needs a blender, because the casein tends to clump.

Of course, you could always tough it up and chew the clumps. ;)

MagnaSephiroth
07-05-2006, 11:20 AM
A shaker (as someone else mentioned) usually does the trick for whey; anything with casein or MPI usually needs a blender, because the casein tends to clump.

Of course, you could always tough it up and chew the clumps. ;)

I already had to do that...its very gritty. Not the kind of chocolate you want all by itself lol. Milk FTW.

Unreal
07-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Nitrean in water is great, and blends easy with a spoon or fork. I just add a scoop to a glass, add water, stir and down it. Taste great, mixes great, works great. I don't like the extra cals from milk. I rather save them for real food while on a cut. Bulking then milk is great.

jed
07-06-2006, 12:31 AM
I usally go with the 1 cup milk and 3 scoops of GNC Chocolate Whey in the blender, since i got a lumpy batch the blenders the only way I can take it.