PDA

View Full Version : Cons Journal: Part II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Con
07-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Good time to start a new journal, either this week or next week I will be starting BGB. Pretty excited about that.

Background info:
Name: Nick
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 181
Goal weight: Unsure at the moment, might do a recomposition or a traditional cut

My pics: http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/con_nick/

Anything else you might wanna know just ask.

Con
07-05-2006, 10:04 AM
First Day of BGB at my new gym. Today was a good day. First time doing everything freeweight. As a result my bench is substantially weaker and i suspect the same will go for squats tommorow.

Routine:

Bench: 5x5
135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5

Coulda went higher but wasnt comfortable with free weight bench yet

Incline dumbell presses:
30 x 8
35 x 8
40 x 8

Deadlifts:
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 4
205 x 5
205 x 4

My grip started to get weak so It was hard to keep my weight and reps up.

Dumbell rows:

55 x 8
55 x 8
55 x 8

3 sets of calves
3 sets of weighted crunches. Used a 25 weight.

So far I like the split of BGB and like some of the people I met. Good day so far. Ill probably edit in diet later.

Con
07-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Another day, i love my new gym and the people are helpful. I also noticed its not a bunch of people trying to show off, so its a nice atmosphere.

Now to the workout

Squats:I had my suspicion that my squats would be lower on free weights since my bench press was, so i took it slow. I warmed up with 45's.
I then put a quarter on and after I did 5, took it off. I could feel myself losing control so i ditched my ego and put on dimes. I worked on from and did my 5 x 5
155 x 5
155 x 5
155 x 5
155 x 5
155 x 5

Leg press:

150 x 8
150 x 8
190 x 8

Just got used to these, ill pick a weight next time.

Leg curl:
The weights has some wierd **** on em so I just picked a weight that felt good and did 3 sets of 15. Just one thing I noticed, it seemed I needed to tighten up calf to do these and I almost got a cramp, this mean i am doing them wrong?

Alternating Bicep curl:

30 x 5
30 x 5
30 x 5
30 x 5
30 x 5

Hammer curls:

30 x 8
25 x 8
25 x 8

And thats my second day of BGB. Really like the routine so far. Good stuff.

Natetaco
07-06-2006, 08:47 AM
good workin out dude, how long have you been lifting?

Ammotroop
07-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Nice job, keep it up and your bench and squat wll shoot up.

Con
07-06-2006, 09:59 AM
thanks guys, appreciate it, and ive been liftin seriouly for a few months now finally got a goal and a real gym so i been pumped lately.

Con
07-08-2006, 02:49 PM
3rd day of the BGB split. Today reminded me of why i hate arm workouts, and to a lesser extent shoulder workouts. I have a feelin that this day will be my least favorite but still it was a good workout.

So today i did.....

Chins/pull ups:
BW x 5(underhand)
BW x 3(overhand)
BW x 3(underhand)
BW x 1(overhand)
BW x 2(underhand)

Well as i expected my underhand was stronger but felt like a dman arm workout, so i will choose overhand as my grip and try to progress with them, starting with a 5 x 2.

Lat Pulldowns:

120 x 8
120 x 8
100 x 8

Went to my chin on these, is that far enough? Anyway i found out there is a hammer strength machine so ill use that next time instead of these. It amazing what you find when you look for it.

Seated side laterals:

10 x 8
15 x 8
15 x 8

Laterals in general will very likely be my most hated exercize. Id much rather do squats or deadlifts anyday but you gotta work everything.

Arnold Press:

30 x 5
35 x 5
40 x 5
40 x 5
40 x 5

Found a good weight to stop at, so now i know the weight for this exercize.

Standing Side laterals:

15 x 8
15 x 8
15 x 8(weak effort on these, just couldny get them as high as I wanted)

Realized I should have did all 10's for my warmup with seated laterals. But i live n learn. And just like the other ones, i hate these.

3 sets of abs with a 35 weight.
3 sets of calves.

Overall good workout, leanred some and next week will be better.

Tommorow I get to workout with cousin and complete my first week of BGB. Pretty excited :cool:

EDIT: Only one question I had, I dont have a digital scale yet and im having probs reachin protein requirments, but we have big bags of chicken and fish which i cant really accurately measure.

Question is, if I cut up a piece of chicken and put it in a measuring cup, will 1 cup be really equal to 8 ounces?

Thanks

Built
07-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Hey - your workouts look great!

Regarding the scale situation - I seem to recall that a half cup of packed meat has about 20g protein, and a half coup of packed cooked starch (rice, noodles) has about 20g carb, if this helps at all.

Built
07-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Oh, and regarding the hammer strength lat stuff - try 'em alternating arms, like you're crawling up a wall - it lets you really crunch down on the side, something you can NOT do when you do both arms at once.

Con
07-08-2006, 03:56 PM
ok, thanks built, Ill take that into considerationg when I go again.

Im gonna assume the meat being packed is cooked and a half a cup is 4 oz which from the labels works out to be 20 grams of protien, so until i get a scale ill use a measuring cup. Thanks :)

Con
07-09-2006, 08:19 AM
4th and last day of the BGB split. Good week overall but the last 2 days wont be as much fun as the first two days in my eyes but hell everything in life isnt fun.

Workout........

Romanian deadlifts:

205 x 5
205 x 5
205 x 5
205 x 5
205 x 5

For these I went right past the knees and didnt bend as much like I do with regular deadlifts, is that the correct form? Btw not sure, but am I supposed to feel them in my hamstrings, becuase i didnt.

Good Mornings:

65 x 8
85 x 8
105 x 8

I decided to go slow with these, mostly because of the two videos I saw, the guys doing them seemed to lean back a little bit and poke their asses out.

I poked me ass out but I didnt really tip back at all, i just brought my chest to a parallel form and went back up. Is that how they are supposed to be done?

Lunges:

30 x 15
30 x 15
30 x 15

For a 1 count I lunged with both legs and they really killed my legs.

Dips:

BW x 3
BW x 3
BW x 2
BW x 1
BW x 1

I was really proud on the second set, since for my third dip i automatically thought I wasnt going to get it, but I put that aside and got the third one out. Almost did it for the 3rd set as well but I just failed. Pretty close tho.

Cable Pressdowns:

50 x 8
60 x 8
70 x 8

So first week was good, i now have starting points and I learned a lot, just hoping my questions about the RDLS and good mornings get answered. Thanks to whoever will look at it for me.

Con
07-10-2006, 07:24 AM
Well normally I wont post on my off days but I weighed myself today. I went from 181 to 176, id love to believe its all fat but im assuming it a mixture of LBM, water weight and fat.

My question is should i try one more week at my cals and see how it goes or up the cals? From my last experience when I raised my cals higher than where I am now It stopped weight loss.

Other thing I wanna comment on is the fact that my ass hurts like never before....Go BGB!

Coke
07-11-2006, 05:32 AM
Very nice effort Con, you've got everything in the mix that I don't do like the deads, gm's and lunges...stay on it all!!

Con
07-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Thanks, I appreciate that CoCoa. After my second day at work, some wicked soreness in the glutes and an overall bad mood your comment really does make me feel better.

ddegroff
07-11-2006, 03:14 PM
If you weighed yourself at the same time etc. and still lost those 5lbs I would say your cals are too low. UP the cals slightly or cut out cardio (if you doin some).

Con
07-11-2006, 03:46 PM
any suggestions on how much to up cals? was thinkin an extra 200 on off days aswell as workout days. And no cardio for me except walkin to a from the gym and myabe to and from work.

Yea it all makes sense, i really should up cals just the question of how much is buggin me.

Coke
07-12-2006, 04:47 AM
Gonna have to experiment with the diet, cals, and everything in this game...it's just one of those things - ;)

Con
07-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Yea I here ya. I decided on an extra 200 cals a day and see how that goes. Im pretty sure a good amount of the 5 pounds had to be water weight, so 200 should be a good start.

July 12, 2006

So now to me workout. After my 6 hour shift at WaWa(convenience store) It was an ok workout. Im glad im startin with more cals. Felt kinda weak for some reason today.

Flat Bench:

Warm up with 135, for a 7 count. Too high I think, I felt drained.

145 x 5
145 x 4
145 x 3(couldnt get 4th)
145 x 2(couldnt get 3rd)
135 x 4(just barely)

DB Incline Press:

40 x 8
40 x 8
40 x 8

Deadlifts:

205 x 5
205 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

MY Grip on the 225's were really being tested. Gonna definately get farmers walks in the routine.

DB Rows:

Each arm:
55 x 8
55 x 8
55 x 8

3 sets of abs
3 sets of calves

Not a bad workout ut my bench kinda dissapointed me but hopefully the extra cals with help next week. Thinkin of puttin my deadlifts first too, for some reason my first weak I went right to bench and just follwed the same thing this week. Any siggestions welcome.

Thanks for visiting.

Coke
07-13-2006, 05:15 AM
I like what I'm seeing dude...will do great as long as you keep this nice stride you've got going here.

Con
07-13-2006, 07:46 AM
July 13, 2006

Thanks Cocoa, I read your comment right as I was about to leave for the gym. So your comment gave me some moviation.

So my leg day, it was a good session. Met two guys, one said good form and that made me feel pretty good while the other and me were switchin off on machines.

Squats:

175 x 5
175 x 5
165 x 5
165 x 5
165 x 5

Leg Press:

2pps x 8
3pps x 8
3pps x 8

Leg Curl:

80 x 8
80 x 8
70 x 8

I need to tighten my calves to do this and I always feel like I am about to get a cramp but is that normal?

Alternating Bicep Curl:

30's x 5
30's x 5
30's x 5

Hammer Curls:

25's x 8
25's x 8
25's x 8

Think I ate too many carbs after the workout but I wont sweat it.

Whats really on my mind is not my own well being. Does anyone have someone in your family that wants to look and feel better but is completely ignorant to the reality of things?

Well I have several in my family and it almost pains me becuase Id like to help my mom the most since she really deserves it, she works hard and never puts her well being first but her knowledge about how the body works is distorted despite her being a nurse. Just makes me feel helpless because im only viewed as that cant be right, especially about something like this.

Well thanks for readin about my life, peace out.

ddegroff
07-13-2006, 07:54 AM
Nice workout bro!

Look into GM or SLDL's instead of leg curls.

Don't worry about your family members. Keep workin' on them, they should come around eventually.

Stumprrp
07-13-2006, 09:14 AM
good workout Con

Coke
07-14-2006, 05:44 AM
This will do the trick Nick, got the 5 x 5 squats going on...you're a great guy who wants the best of health for others.

Con
07-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Thanks guys, appreciate the support from my loyal journal readers.

DDeg- prolly will look into SLD's cuz I already do GM's and the leg curls are gonna give me a cramp but they do work the legs quite nice. Ill see

Stump- Thanks for the support as always

Cocoa- Thanks man, I hope they will come around like DDeg says.

Till tommowo, peace out guys.

Con
07-15-2006, 02:30 PM
July 15, 2006

Well today was an ok day. Work went pretty well but I ended up workin a 7 hour shift instead of my original 6. But afterword i get to work out.

:strong:Workout :strong:

Chin ups:

All overhand:
BW x 2
BW x 2
BW x 2
BW x 2
BW x 2

Hammer stength rows:

50's(each side) x 8
50's(each side) x 8
50's(each side) x 8

Bent over laterals:

10 x 8
10 x 8

Arnold Presses:

40 x 5
40 x 5
40 x 5
40 x 5
40 x 5

Standing Side laterals:

15 x 8
15 x 8
15 x 8

Farmers walks:

For these I walked more with the higher weight. Started out with about six steps and went from there.

70's
75's
80's

3 sets of abs.

Nice workout and as usual Im happy when I work out. :hump:

So until I comment again, ttyl guys.

Coke
07-16-2006, 05:49 AM
You ought to be happy and proud even for not skipping out on the session after some long hours at work, good stuff.

Con
07-16-2006, 07:12 AM
July 16, 2006

RAWR!!!!!!

Theres nothing like waking up at 7AM when you dont have too and then heading over to the gym. Makes a guy feel dedicated.

So workout went well, didnt dislike it as much as last week.

Romanian Deadlifts:

225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

Good Mornings:

95 x 8
95 x 8
115 x 8

Lunges:

30's x 15
30's x 15
30's x 15

Dips:

BW x 2
BW x 2
BW x 2
BW x 2
BW x 2

Cable Pressdowns:

70 x 8
80 x 8
80 x 8

So its the end of my second week of BGB and I didnt realize it until I was walking home. So i will definately stick with it for a while.

Special Questions:

-For RDL's, you are suppossed to keep you knees from bending as much as possible and go right below the knee or is that incorrect form?

-When doing GM's, can your legs tilt back a little when you are going down? and is the bar supposed to be on your neck or your traps?

-For a nutrition questions, i am carb cycling and I was wonderin if I have an extra meal after my workout that has carbs, should it only have carbs and protein, or is fat ok? just wondering becuase the anabolic window is still open when I eat again.

Thanks for visiting. Take care.

EDIT: didnt even see your comment cocoa, thanks for the vote of confidence

DumbellDude
07-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Good stuff going on here man. Keep it up.
For GMs rest the BB on yout traps, not neck.

Con
07-17-2006, 05:32 AM
July 17, 2006

Todays a rest day and im just checkikn in update my weight. Every monday will be my weigh in.

After raisin my cals 200 on each day, I went from 176, to 180, an overall net loss of 1 pound from 2 weeks ago. So i will stick with these cals and see how it goes. Im guessin last week was a lot of water weight.

And for some reason I was thinkin abouyt something I read this morning. And it was about bullheaded body builders living by the Philospohy of: "If it taste good, dont eat it". Well I made an awesome breakfast which was eggs with fried onions, peppers, and broccoli. YUM!

Con
07-17-2006, 09:14 AM
Well since I have them in mind I thought Id ask some questions:

Questions:
-For a post workout shake, since I dont have dextrose or whey and I will probably only get whey, would this be a decent PWO shake:
-Oats
-Tuna, Milk, or cottage cheese
-Splenda

-How many carbs are necessary before a workout or is that dependant on the person and routine?

-My question arises from this article: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=81941
When trying to weigh fish, do you just take the ounces after its cooked or do you need to multiply it by something special?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this. Thanks for reading

Built
07-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Well since I have them in mind I thought Id ask some questions:

Questions:
-For a post workout shake, since I dont have dextrose or whey and I will probably only get whey, would this be a decent PWO shake:
-Oats
-Tuna, Milk, or cottage cheese
-Splenda

-How many carbs are necessary before a workout or is that dependant on the person and routine?

-My question arises from this article: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=81941
When trying to weigh fish, do you just take the ounces after its cooked or do you need to multiply it by something special?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this. Thanks for reading

Preworkout - you'll have to fiddle with this. I like to get in about 30g of slow carb (usually oats) about an hour or so before I train.

Postworkout, how about ditching the shake and having a big glass of chocolate milk with a lowfat tuna sandwich (use lowfat mayo for this one) on white bread?

I usually weigh food cooked; use the USDA nutrient database (http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/) if you're stuck on a food item.

Con
07-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Preworkout - you'll have to fiddle with this. I like to get in about 30g of slow carb (usually oats) about an hour or so before I train.

Postworkout, how about ditching the shake and having a big glass of chocolate milk with a lowfat tuna sandwich (use lowfat mayo for this one) on white bread?

I usually weigh food cooked; use the USDA nutrient database (http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/) if you're stuck on a food item.

Ok,thnaks but are you really serious about the chocolate milk and mayo after working out? Thought it was supposed to be carbs and protein only.

Thanks for answerin Built. :hello:

Built
07-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Chocolate milk is protein and carb, and lowfat mayo with tuna on bread is more protein and carb.

Particularly if you've had some protein and carb pre-workout, this should work very nicely for you.

Oh - another option for tuna and lowfat mayo is tuna with lowfat cottage cheese, mixed about half and half. Surprisingly good, considering how weird it sounds. And more protein to boot!

Con
07-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Learn sumthin new everyday. Thought I had to be extremely clean on a cut but hey ill listen to built. Thanks, you da woman!

Built
07-17-2006, 01:38 PM
It's not perfect - the chocolate milk has SOME fat, and the sugar its sweetened with is sucrose. But if it fits your macros, and you simply do NOT have access to whey and dextrose, it'll do the trick.

Personally, I don't do a lot of liquid meals on a cut - I prefer to chew what little food I get.

My preworkout nutrition is a protein waffle, extra cottage cheese, and fruit (and a few nuts if I can afford the calories), and a sweet potato with meat right after. I may start having a small dilute shake with protein and dex as my cut progresses to keep me from going catabolic - I just really hate to drink the calories.

Con
07-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Well yea, I hear ya on liquid cals.

I was thinkin of a shake though, heres what it would be:
-.5 cup of oats
-1 cup of skim milk
-2 tablespoons of hersey syrup
-.5 cup of cottage cheese

Belive this works out to like 4 or 5 grams of fat, 70 maybe 75 carbs, and like 26 grams of protein.

And I will make it fit into cals, btw I thought fruit was a NO-NO for pre or post workout meals.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Con
07-19-2006, 07:55 AM
July 19, 2006

My day off from work, so its right to the gym in the morning.

Workout consisted of.......

Deadlifts:

225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 3(grip failed)
205 x 5
205 x 5

For these I beleive my form wasnt too good so im considering just doing 205's staright through.

DB Rows:

Each arm:
55 x 8
55 x 8
55 x 8

I belive my form was pretty good but I might go down to 50's and go for a more slow and controlled row.

Flat Bench:

135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5

Im literally scared to go up on these, I have no spot and bench has always been a trouble lift for me, so unless I feel really good on my first set, Ill be stickin wit 135.

DB Incline:

40 x 8
45 x 8
45 x 8

MY back arms felt it more than my chest, as a matter of fact unless I do a lot of volume, I never feel anything in my chest....ohwell.

3 sets of calves
3 sets of abs with a 35

Pretty nice day, today was the first time I did deadlifts first and I didnt see a difference from doing them after chest, but Ill keep it this way just incase.

Special Questions:PLEASE LOOK AT THEM

-For Deadlifts and squats inparticular, is it good to go the heaviest youre planning to go on the first sets and then lower weight? or should I build up to my max for the day?

-Another question about deadlifts-I use a step for my deadlifts so I can go very low to the ground, is that necessary to work the back sufficiently? Or are off with floor deads, even with the 45's stopping me from going down very far, hitting the back good enough?

Just asking because Soon I will go up in wiehgt for the deads, and I know Ill feel uncomfortable stepping on a step as the weight goes higher.

PWO Shake:
And to finish off my workout day I had a special drink that had:
-1 cup of skim milk
-2 tables of hershey chocloate syrup
-.5 cup of oats
-.5 cup of lowfat cottage cheese
Macros came to:
430 cals
4g of fat
70g of carb
26g of protein

This is only until I get my dextrose and whey. Planning on ordering it tommorow or friday.

Thanks for reading :cool:

Coke
07-19-2006, 08:23 AM
Nice job, doing very good - your flat bench numbers will rise up gradually once U get a training partner for chest days.

ddegroff
07-19-2006, 10:28 AM
For Deadlifts and squats inparticular, is it good to go the heaviest youre planning to go on the first sets and then lower weight? or should I build up to my max for the day?

I've always added more weight as I go. No ryhme or reason just what I do.

Another question about deadlifts-I use a step for my deadlifts so I can go very low to the ground, is that necessary to work the back sufficiently? Or are off with floor deads, even with the 45's stopping me from going down very far, hitting the back good enough?

If your doing convential deads, go off the floor. If your doing SLDL or some variation for you hams/glutes than off a box is fine.

Have you thought about doing DB's for your BP? I've done this for a long time because of no spotter. It's worked really well for me thus far.

Lookin good, the DB rows will really help your grip. Keep doin 'em!

Con
07-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Well actually no, ive never thought about it, but I dman sure am now, if i lay flat ona bench and use DBs, will be it the same as a BB bench?

And next time ill go off the floor for deads.

Thanks ddeg!

ddegroff
07-19-2006, 09:02 PM
NO its not exactly the same (BB vs. DB). But it still works your chest and tris.

DumbellDude
07-19-2006, 10:20 PM
good numbers man!

for DL and squats I increase the lb as I go, DL are from floor, and DB bench involves more stabilizer muscles, i think alternating DB with BB would be the best combination

Con
07-20-2006, 07:28 AM
July 20, 2006

So its my usualy routine. Up at 7, out the door by 8, walkin in the rain by 8:01. Didnt bother me too much tho, better than the ridiculous heat.

So now to what you are here for.....

Squats: First attempt at double wave loading(think this is what its called)

185 x 3
175 x 4
165 x 5
195 x 3-----my PR for squats with free weights.
185 x 4
175 x 5

Leg Press:

3pps x 8
3pps x 8
3pps x 8

Leg Curls:

70 x 15
70 x 15
70 x 15

Hate these sumtimes, feels like im a second from a cramp, gotta remember water next time.

Alternating Bicep Curl: Sort of an attempt at wave loading

40 x 5
35 x 5
30 x 5
35 x 5
30 x 5

Hammer Curls:

25 x 8
25 x 8
25 x 8

My PWO shake was the same as yesterday....very good! But i am gettin whey today and dextrose soon. Which leads me into my specials questions section

Special Questions:

-I was thinkin when I get my dextrose , I would take about 15 servings(w/e equals to 60 g of CHO's) and about 20 to 40 grams of whey for my PWO, does that sound reasonable?

Well thats it for now.

Thansk for support Cocoa, you're becoming of one of my fav people.

Thanks for the Help DDeg, prolly gonna switch to DB or atleast switch off.

And thanks for coming in again dumbell, i will prolly do what you and ddeg reccomended, and see how it goes. Ill let you guys know next week.

peace.

Coke
07-20-2006, 08:25 AM
There are quite a few people on this board and to hear you're moving me closer to the forefront already bodes well and means much, that is very nice imo. 195lbs for triples on squats is good, fine session overall Nick.

DGabe24
07-20-2006, 08:32 AM
That's some nice volume on the leg workout, and strong squatting. Keep it up Con, I'll be stoppin in more often :thumbup:

ddegroff
07-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Nice looking workout, don't worry about the Leg curls, I get the same thing sometimes (reason I do them very rarely, outside of UD2 land).

I don't have too much expericence with Dex, but try out that combination you posted and see if it works for you. I've seen 20g of dex all the way up too 200g of dex. It seems its completely individual.

DumbellDude
07-20-2006, 04:36 PM
nice overall workout nick
hydration is very critical - I drink 1.5-2 liters H2O 1 h before workout and at least another 1.5 liter during workout

Con
07-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Cocoa -encourage me constantly so its only natural i take a linking to you :)

DGabe-Thanks man, glad you came by, ill be checkin up on you too soon :smoke:

ddeg-Yea, i did some searchin and found some various amounts, ill try this and see how it goes.

Dumbell-for some reason i never thought of this, prolly cuz i always had it in the back of my mind that i hate having to stop workin out to take a piss. But ill definately suck it up and drink plenty of water before/during my workouts.

On a side note, i got my whey(cheap stuff at sams club) and im ordering my scale and dex tommorow.

I forgot a question earlier, just incase anyone might know:

-When using the hammer strength machine, which grip should you use? I instinctively used overhand but today i noticed 3 guys using it and they all did underhand.

Thanks for the support and for anyone who stops by.

ddegroff
07-20-2006, 11:43 PM
I'm assuming your talking about the Hammer Pulldown machine. I personally switch it up depending on how I feel. Supinated (Palms Facing you) will use your biceps more so it's eaiser. Pronated (Palms Facing Away) will be more of your lats, but for some reason my bi's burn more on these. I usually do 2-3sets of Supinated, followed by 1set of pronated, kill's the lats and the bi's.

Con
07-22-2006, 01:45 PM
July 22, 2006

Very likely this post will have more than my journal readers are used to, like my feelings, what im thinking right now and maybe some random ****. So if you are not interested then just stick to reading my workout.

Workout

Chin ups:
Overhand:
BW x 2
BW x 2
BW x 2
BW x 2
BW x 2

Hammer Strength Machine:

50's(each side) x 8
50's(each side) x 8
50's(each side) x 8

Bent over Laterals:

10 x 12
10 x 12

Arnold Presses: Did the dounle wave load thing

40 x 3
35 x 4
30 x 5
45 x 3
40 x 4
35 x 5

Side Laterals:

15 x 8
15 x 8
15 x 8

Farmers Walks: 3 sets with 80 pound dumbells
3 sets of weighted crunches with a 35 weight

PWO Shake

This was the best thing I think I ever tasted that didnt make me feel guilty about eating.

It contained:
-2 cups Skim milk
-2 Scoops of Whey
-.5 cuts oats
-2 tablespoons hershey chocolate syrup
Cals: 660
Fat: 8 g
Carb: 84 g
Protein: 61 g

It had a great blend of chocolate and the vanilla from the whey. YUMMY

MY help on cutting:
-I got my whey they other day(think I mentioned this already but ohwell)
-I got my scale yesterday(I was like a kid with a new toy when I got it home:))
-Ordered my dextrose yesterday

How I am Feeling Today:
-Last night I attempted to go to sleep at 10(needed to be at work at 7) but I dont think it happened until 12.
-Work sucked since I work with some lazy ass ****ers(it would be so encouraging if you had a boss or superior who you knew you could count on). I mean wtf is with them telling me to do one job, then when im almost done, they take over and send me to another harder job. GAY!
-I need to sign up for the SAT and stop being lazy.

Random Sections All itws OWN:READ this SECTION
When I first started work I had these pants. They just fit around my waist. I kept forgetting to mention this since I was going to use the pants to help show progress. Well before I could tell anyone I saw progress. I put on pants and they came over my thighs easier than normal and buttoned up easier. IM HAPPY! :):):):):)

Well that was today, I feel a little better after talking to parents and lettin some of my steam off here.

Thanks for visitin.

ddegroff
07-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Good lookin workout!

I know what you mean with the lazy boss. That blows, its hard to get motivated.

Con
07-23-2006, 01:20 PM
July, 23, 2006

Well to start todays entry off......today was a hell of a lot better than yesterday, thats for sure. Ill get into that later.

Workout:

Romanian Deadlifts:

225 x 3
215 x 4
205 x 5
235 x 3
225 x 4
215 x 5

See Special Questions section.

Good Mornings:

95 x 8
115 x 8
125 x 8

See Special Questions section.

Lunges:

35's x 12
35's x 12
35's x 12

All I have to see about these were they "hit the spot".

Dips:

BW x 2
BW x 2
BW x 2
BW x 2
BW x 2

These felt harder than last time but I enjoyed the challenge, I love when my instincts tell me I cant do it but then I do it anyway.

Cable PressDowns:

80 x 8
90 x 8
90 x 8

PWO shake:

Almost the same as yesterday:
It contained:
-2 cups Skim milk
-2 Scoops of Whey
-.25 cuts oats(was .5 yesterday)
-2 tablespoons hershey chocolate syrup
Cals: 660
Fat: 6 g
Carb: 71 g
Protein: 59 g

Once again, great taste.

My help with cutting:
-Dextrose is due to arrive this wednesday from supplementdirect.

:indian: Special Questions::indian:
-With RDL's, is it common to not feel them them so muchin in the hamstrings and feel a little in the back?
-Not sure of my form with good mornings, bars seems to keep going onto neck, and im not sure but AM I SUPPOSED TO STICK MY ASS OUT, OR JUST HAVE MY CHEST GO DOWN?

So overall I am feeling a lot better today, just gotta get rid of this cold and this annoying pimple :moon:

Tommorow I weigh myself, so anyone interested in my weight can be happy, or sad with me tommorow.

Peace.

ddegroff
07-23-2006, 02:12 PM
With the RDL's your always gonna feel that in your lower back (think thats what your talking about) just a little bit tho. If its really sore, I would check your form.

I found the best GM form is my lower body looks just like RDL's (knees slightly bent, back straight, ass out). Really squeeze the bar with your shoulders, then bend over. It takes a little while to get these down. FORM first then add weight.

How do you like the wave format?

Con
07-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Ok thans ddeg, I feel them only a little in my back(the RDL's) and Ill make sure I get form down next time(think it might be ok, but just wanted an opinion).

I actually like the wave thing, its something different and for some reason the less reps with higher weights just feels more comforting than trying to increase weight and having to do 5 reps(5 x 5).

I would reccomend it from just how I feel When i dot it. But as for results, its only my first week so cant tell of any strength gains Ive got, but ill make sure I mention that in like 2 or 3 weeks.

Coke
07-24-2006, 06:00 AM
I know there are times you ask certain questions, but you're doing very well with it all learning as you go...great way to stay moving in the right direction with those lunges, GM's and deads.

Con
07-24-2006, 08:07 AM
Thanks guys, appreciate the support as always.

Well last night I went to uncles house, and as usualy hes talkin bout gettin in shape and when I gave advise it was the usualy response: "Nah man, I dont need a gym, all I need to do is do some pushups, situps and some bicep curls."

As usual its kinda sad since I know he will waste time and energy, but I wont let it get to me like last time.

Current Weight:
So last night I kept to my diet, and this morning I had to eat something before I weighed myself. I ate 4 eggs and about an hour later I weighed in...........176..........I remember someone saying something about weight fluctuation but whats up?!?!?!?!

Well Ill have to use the mirror and get some calipers with my next paycheck.

So thats monday, on wednesday I plan on trying to set a PR on Deads, usuing the double wave loading. Cant wait :)

Till next time, peace out guys.

Stumprrp
07-24-2006, 08:24 AM
yeah dude it pisses me off when people think that is working out, but let it beeeeeeeeeeeee let it beeeeeeeee. good luck on the dead PR you should own that.

Con
07-24-2006, 08:43 AM
Yea, i can do 225 for reps, but im just not sure how much higher I can go, but everyone will know on wednesday.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

DumbellDude
07-24-2006, 02:21 PM
keep up the good work man. you're doing great. bodyweight will fluctuate, mostly it has to do with how much fluids you retain. best time to weigh is in the morning. good luck with the PR on wednesday

Con
07-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Whew.......todays been ruff and its not even 12 yet.

I wasnt planning on posting today since its my off day and they tend to be broing but I have changed my mind for today.

I am really wondering how can you find out if you have a food intolerance/allergy/whatever you wanna call it.

I was eating my second meal of the day and it good and all, but after I was done I had a feeling of fullness that turned to pain. My stomache was grumbling and groaning and just felt like bubling. Over the next hour I had 5 bowel movements, is this a sign of food intolerance/allergy?

Ill list what I had today, maybe it will help:
-3 eggs
-fried onions
-friend green pepper
-Whey in a cup of milk
-Brocolli
-chicken in a can

Any ideas?

Stumprrp
07-25-2006, 09:21 AM
broccoli usually makes me crap like mad.

KingWilder
07-25-2006, 10:53 AM
I think most food allergies are usually some kind of skin irritation/throat or mouth swelling etc. Sounds like you just had to crap? I wouldn't worry about it too much, unless it becomes a consistent problem.

ddegroff
07-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Wow thats crazy, how much broccoli did you eat?

Con
07-25-2006, 11:47 AM
I had a total of 3 cups including the second and 3rd meal. I probably had about 2 cups of the 3 right before it all happened. It was crazy, out of nowhere these pains came, but now i do feel much better.

What first enetered my mind was milk and the whey. I havent had milk in a while and just started taking whey but ill see how it goes in the next couple of days.

2 things id like to mention:

-Im slow and didnt look into the date in my e-mail. Dextrose will be here thrusday so I wont be using it until saturday.

-Cant wait for the deads tommorow. My cousin will probably go with me, and spot me on bench so I can get an accurate reading on where I am at. Ill fill you guys in tommorow morning :)

ddegroff
07-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Could be the milk, i've had this happen to me too in the past. Probably a little too much of something, it'll be alright.

Con
07-26-2006, 07:46 AM
July 26, 2006
Yep, it was fine afterward, wanna thankyou guys for comforting me in my time of need. Now its party time!!!!

Workout:
Before you read the numbers I have a question, when doing off the floor deads should you consider bring the weight off the floor a rep?

Deadlifts:
245 x 3(PR)
235 x 4
225 x 5

This is where the question comes in, all these are without considering brining the weight from the floor a rep.

255 x 2(PR)
245 x 3
235 x 4

DB Rows:

50's x 8
50's x 8
50's x 8

I liked usuing the 50's, had a lot more control and felt it a bit more as a result.

BB Bench:

145 x 3
145 x 4
135 x 5
155 x 3 (PR)MY spot had his fingertips on the bar, and I doubt he helped much so I gave myself the 3rd rep.
145 x 3
135 x 4

Incline DB PRess:

45 x 8
45 x 8
45 x 8

All these were a challenge and I had a hard time locking out on reps 6-8

3 sets of Calves
3 sets of weighted crunches with a 35

Special Questions:
-Only one I have today is something I mention earlier, does bringing the weight off the floor count as a rep when doing deadlifts?

I also thinkin putting a set of forearms into my workout on leg day. During the deadlifts, my grip gave out before my back did.

Well Thanks for reading guys, today was awesome. Love the workout. Felt so :strong:

Eszekial
07-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Great workout Con!

I generally count the first deadlift pull as a rep, but I typically have the weight touch ground before pulling anyways. I do not let it rest though. Just touch then pull again.

Also, i generally consider my deadlifts to be my forearm exercise :D Deadlifts just rock too much :D

Coke
07-26-2006, 09:19 AM
No doubt, cut back on the milk just in case you are lactose intolerant...I'd mix it with water and sometimes add in some Lactaid milk (warning, expensive stuff imo)...otherwise doing ace, good pr's - nice numbers overall.

Con
07-26-2006, 09:46 AM
Hey Eszekial, nice to see someone new here. I will probably count pulling the weight from the floor as a rep, see how its the hardest damn part and ofcourse deads do rock ;)

Cocoa-Well thing is before I was drinking several cups of milka day and was fine, but after tommorow my milk intake will be very low, so ill see if it happens again.

Thanks for visiting! :D

DumbellDude
07-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Good numbers and PRs Nick. I also count the first pull as a rep.

ddegroff
07-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Congrats on the PR's. You've been talking about it all week so way to come through!

Like the others said Count that first pull. Keep it up bro!

Con
07-27-2006, 07:26 AM
July 27, 2006

Workout:

Squats:
195 x 3
185 x 4
175 x 5
205 x 3(PR)
195 x 4
185 x 5

Leg press:

3pps x 8
3pps x 8
3pps x 8

Might add like 25's to each side next time.

Leg Curl:

70 x 8
70 x 8
70 x 8

Drank some water before workout and felt better with these. So ill drink a little more next time.

Atlernating Bicep Curl:

40 x 3
35 x 4
30 x 5
45 x .798459674-----> Form was horrible and and I just barely got 1
40 x 4
35 x 5

So I know to have 40's as my limit for now.

Hammer Curls:

25 x 8
25 x 8
25 x 8

Random Section:

-Unfortuantely my patns for work felt tight again last night but I aint sweatin it, unless they completely stop fitting or maybe mom shrunk em! :smoke:

-Beautiful day, when I was walking to gym it was kinda cool out and there
was a breeze. Nice day

-Anyone ever heard of Eric Van LustBader? Good author and if youre intersted in reading, then read The ninja, then the miko(sequel to ninja)

-Saturday will be usuing dex for first time and might get to work out with my history teacher, well see what happens. :strong:

Dumbell-Thanks man, ill start couting the firts pull as a rep now.

ddeg-Yea I was thinkin about it, like It kept going through my mind at work and while just sittin around...."How high do u think u can go nick". I started obsessing :)

So i had a good start to my day. Gonna rest and enjoy my day off from the gym and work tommorow.

Till later, peace out.

Coke
07-27-2006, 08:36 AM
Gonna have to throw out the old clothes soon enough here, lol...looking dangerous, 2pps squats are not far away.

Con
07-27-2006, 09:50 AM
:D Maybe If I was bulkin, but at the moment im in a cut(seems more like a recomposition with the weight fluctuations) but one day, I will consume lots of calories and be happy with it :burger:

DumbellDude
07-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Not fitting in your old clothes is the best part :D
Nice lifting nick!

ddegroff
07-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Nice PR on the Squats!

Its nice to put up some good numbers on low cals, huh?

Con
07-27-2006, 05:22 PM
:nod: :nod: :nod:

Thanks guys, its kinda sad that I get more support and priase from everyone here than from my mother, grandmother, father or uncle. But thats why havin a journal rocks.

I mean this: I appreciate when you guys come in and recognize my time and effort.

So until saturday(unless for some starnge reason I post in here tommorow), take care.

DumbellDude
07-27-2006, 08:46 PM
if your mother/grandmother/father/uncle understood what you're doing and why you're doing it, you'd have a familly of weightlifters ;) you're doing what you got to do and that's all that matters. keep going man.

Coke
07-29-2006, 07:16 AM
Don't be surprised if you find those very family members showing you off on the sly later - ;) ...keep on it Nick.

Con
07-29-2006, 07:18 AM
July 29, 2006

Got to work out with stepfather today and also saw my history teacher at the gym. More about that later.

Workout:

Chins:
Since my stpeftaher wanted to dictatae how to workout we ended up doing a set of pushups and abs with these.

BW+10 x 3(first time weighted :D )
BW+5 x 4
BW x 4

Pullups:

BW x 2
BW x 2
BW x 2

Hammer strength machine:

50's x 8
50's x 8
50's x 8

Bent Over Laterals:

10 x 10
10 x 10

Arnold Presses:
40 x 3
35 x 4
30 x 5
45 x 3
40 x 4
35 x 5

Side Laterals:

15 x 8
15 x 8
15 x 8

3 sets of farmers walks with 80's

PWO shake:
64 grams of dex
56 grams of whey
came to:
5g of fat
66 g of carbs
40 g of protein

For some reason I expected a bitter taste but was met with something very sweet :birthday:

Special Questions:

-For laterals, I can go above my head when I am just starting but is it ok to just make a straight line from fist to fist when I do these?

-If i am listening to my body and im getting no warning signals, doing back and squats on back to back is no prob right, anyway I can explain this to stepfather?

Dumbell-haha so true man, thanks.

Cocoa- Lol, wouldnt surprise me, my mom does it all the time with my grades, she will prolly do it when I achieve a decent body.
So today was fun, go to work out with the big guy and see him kinda get excited to be in a real gym again.

kad
07-29-2006, 08:13 AM
Hey man, just string to read up in here. Nice workout. I wouldn't worry about going above your head with the laterals, I only ever bring my arms to parallel with the floor or slightly above. Keep it up. :thumbup:

Con
07-30-2006, 07:46 AM
July 30, 2006

Sup guys. Its amazing. 1 month of BGB and it seems like no time has passed.

Workout:

Romanian Deadlifts:

225 x 3
215 x 4
205 x 5
235 x 3
225 x 4
215 x 5

Good Mornings:

115 x 8
115 x 8
115 x 8

God these things are killer on my neck. I feel it in my neck before anywhere else.

Lunges:

40's x 12
40's x 12
40's x 12

Dips:

BW x 3
BW x 3
BW x 3
BW x 2(got so close to getting the third one, but just couldnt get above a certain point)
BW x 2 (Almost failed on second one)

Cable PressDowns:

85 x 8
85 x 8
85 x 6

How I am feeling today:

-A nice guy at the gym says that I shouldnt do another type of deadlift in the same week, its too much stress and it will "open" my back. Hes a cool asian guy but im realizing even good intentioned people can be very wrong, and im applying that to family.

-Felt pretty fat yesterday after eating a15.3 ounces of chicken breast beofre going to work. :burger:

-I will never open another of my callouses. Its all tender and hurts like hell when i was doin RDL's. Hopefully its better by the time i gotta do deads again.

Jordan:Thanks for coming in Jordan. Thanks for the advise.

Overall a nice workout, nice start to day. 6 hour shift later.

Peace out.

DumbellDude
07-30-2006, 08:36 AM
Nice last two workouts Nick, and :birthday: for yesteday... Keep going.

Con
07-30-2006, 08:40 AM
hehe, not my birthday....yet. I just put the birthday thing cuz they are kinda sweet(like my PWO shake was).

My b-day is actually in one week exactly. So ill be workin out, then rushin to work on my b-day. What a day that will be :D

Thanks dumbell.

ddegroff
07-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Nice workout :thumbup:, I'm likin' this idea of wave sets.

Con
07-31-2006, 04:38 AM
Hey guys, just checkin in to reoprt my weight situation.

Weight:

I got up(rather early this morning) and just jumped on the scale but not before going to the bath room. So I jumped on the scale and it said 178 pounds. I felt I could go to the bathroom a bit more and I was curious. So I went to the bathroom again and jumped on the scale. It said 176 which is the same as last week.

Should I lower cals orsee how this goes for one more week?

Coke
07-31-2006, 07:01 AM
Wow, your b'day is coming up and bet it will be one you won't forget - :D

Keep experimenting with the diet and everything for that matter, this is such an individualistic sport and even with tons of advice you get, you still have to find your own way so to speak.

Major props on the both session Nick, I actually should copy cat the most recent effort.

Con
07-31-2006, 07:53 AM
Coke- Hehe, i hope it will be. Yea i get you on the individuality of this, its my body and i really just gotta find out how it works, and it makes perfect sense, and im ahead of schedule on some of my goals so i will not be so hesitant on makin little changes.

And about copin my sessions, it means a lot comin for you big guy. :D

Con
08-02-2006, 07:27 AM
August 2, 2006

Interesting workout today. Went with stepfather and he and my mom will most likely be signing up soon.

Workout:

Deadlifts:

245 x 3
235 x 4
225 x 5
255 x 4
245 x 3(Didnt rest long enough and my grip failed)
235 x 5

DB Rows:

50 x 8
50 x 8
50 x 8

BB Bench:

155 x crappy 1
145 x 3
135 x 5
155 x good 2
145 x 4
135 x 5

DB Incline:

45 x 8
45 x 8
45 x 8

3 Sets of calves
3 sets of abs

Some special things I wanna mention:
-I lowered cals down to 2100 on off days and to 2300 on workout days.
-Next deadlift day, i am gonna shoot for the same weight, but lower reps and really focus on form, it was a little off today
-might take some pics soon

So today was good, besides the horrible sleep i got last night, im feelin good :)

Stumprrp
08-02-2006, 08:59 AM
getting strong CON!

Natetaco
08-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Yeah dude your definatly getting strong. I can see progress:nod:

ddegroff
08-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Nice workout! As far as the cals go keep adjusting a few 100 a week until you are losing weight. Keep up the good work!

Con
08-02-2006, 09:47 AM
Stump-thanks man, ive been tryin :cool:
Nate-nice to hear!
DDeg-Will do, im anxious to see my weight as of monday.

Eszekial
08-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Wow, great work man! Keep working out like that and you'll be cut in no time flat!

Don't keep dropping the cals though, or sooner or later you won't be able to pop a boner (Sad but it happened to me when i cut sub 1700 for a month and was still working out and working full time). Patience my nig!

Coke
08-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Patience my nig!

Listen to ESZ and take it easy, don't go overboard with the low cals...moving on strong in here, like it bro.

KingWilder
08-02-2006, 04:16 PM
workout looks good man, real strong!

DumbellDude
08-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Getting stronger Nick! Keep it up!

Con
08-03-2006, 08:00 AM
August 3, 2006

Well to say the least im having mixed feelings about todays workout. Ill explain later.

Workout:

Squats:

205 x a sloppy 3
195 x 4
185 x 3
205 x 3
195 x 4
185 x 3

Leg Press:

3pps+50 x 6
3pps+50 x 6
3pps+50 x 6

Leg Curl:

70 x 15
70 x 15
70 x 15

Alt Bicep Curl:

35 x 3
30 x 4
25 x 5
40 x 3
35 x 4
30 x 5

Hammer Curls:

25 x 8
25 x 8
25 x 8

PWO Shake:
61 g carb
32 g protein
2 or 3 g fat

Drank approx half during workout. As soon as I left gym, I drank the other half

Mixed Feelings:PLEASE READ:cry:
-Well to be honest, in the back of my mind I was hoping to try 215. After a very sloppy 3 of 205 I felt discouraged. I kinda felt like my ego(I know its not to good to even have on escpecially in the gym) took a real beatin. I mean ive been progressin and now Im not sure what to do. Im not sure If I should keep my numbers where they are at or go lower, but if I go lower i feel like im going backwards when all ive been doin is moving forward. WHAT TO DO??!?!?!
-Also my sleep patterns suck nuts. Like at work I could prolly go ahead and seelp on the dirty ass, cold ass floors but when I get home I eat something, turn on the fan and put on some music and it takes me like an hour to get to sleep. So GAY.

Thanks Zek. Ill definately keep that in mind.
Coke- Thanks big guy
Wilder-Thanks for the compliment, i been pushing myself as hard as i can.
Dumbell-After todays workout, Im not so sureI can keep makin progress. Ill definately try tho!

Im just really confused, hopefully someone can give me an answer that im over looking or maybe im just makin too big a deal about ****. Gonna take a long look at my sig............Complication breeds desperation.......

Coke
08-04-2006, 05:39 AM
You have so much to look forward to in all areas of life, but as far these workouts go - take things in stride.

For example, you could really tackle the 205 bench this month and proceed with 215 next month and so on.

Have a super Birthday this weekend Nick.

ddegroff
08-04-2006, 09:12 AM
I've been around 225 for a while. Could have moved up but my for sucked. So I worked on it and now form is fixed and i'm moving up. Just keep workoing forward... weigth wise/form wise. It'll come...

Con
08-05-2006, 07:28 AM
August 5, 2006

Workout:

Chins:

BW+20 x 1
BW+10 x 3
BW x 3

Pullups:

BW x 2
BW x 2
BW x 2

Screw pullups, I am just gonna do a lot of chins, and prolly forget about weighted for a while.

Hammer Strength Rows:

50 x 8
50 x 8
50 x 8

Bent Over Laterals:

10 x 10
10 x 10

Arnold Presses:

40 x 3
35 x 4
30 x 5
45 x a very hard 3
40 x 4
35 x 5

Side Laterals:

15 x 8
15 x 8
15 x 8

I really hate these.

3 sets of farmers walks
3 sets of rope crunches

Coke-Thanks man, i will definately try and ejoy my birthday while busting out some lunges and then working with rude ass people all day :D

DDeg-Yea I guess ill stay here and really get form down.

I feel a lot better after hangin out with uncle for a day and gettin some extra rest(9 hours of sleep + 3 hour nap will do it for ya:nod: )

So today is the last day of my 4 day weekend from work. Gonna try and enjoy it.

P.S. I am going to outline my nutrion in a post right after this one, there will be some questions and I hope for some constructive critisicm.

Stumprrp
08-05-2006, 07:29 AM
good workout con

Con
08-05-2006, 07:46 AM
Outline of my Nutrition:

Where I get my macros:
Protein-Eggs, chicken, tuna, whey, Natty PB.

Carbs-Oatmeal, White bread, Dextrose, Fruit.

Fat-Natty PB, Egg yolks, Olive Oil.

Pre Workout:
-.75 cup of oats
-scoop of whey

During workout and Post Workout:
-62 g of carbs
-32 g of protein
-2 to 3 g of fat

I drink hald during and half directly after a workout.

How I measure everthing:
-I weigh veggies and use fitday. Seems quite a bit different on packages of carrots. I medium carrot is like 40 cals, when I weighed 3 carrots they came out to like 40 cals total...:confused:
-I weigh Chicken and multiple it by 4/3 and go by label
Question coming up....
-For chicken and tuna in a can, I weigh them but they dont come out to as much as the can says there wil be, so i take what there is and follow the labels. Good idea? Bad idea? If im doin this wrong , I could be consuming qute a few extra cals.
-I weigh dex and whey in grams

What I shoot for on off and workout days:

Workout day:
-95 g of fat
-140-150 g of carbs
-210-225 g of protein

Off day:
-115-125 g of fat
-80-90 g of carbs
-180 g of Protein

Not sure of anything else I can say or ask, just want some thought on what im doin.

Stump-I try:ninja:

Coke
08-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Don't give up on the pullups dude, keep trying until you get'em right unless of course they are something you abhor.
Same with the side laterals, you may come to like them one of these days...the daily macros you plan don't look bad.

DumbellDude
08-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Good past few workouts man. About your concerns with your progress, i think you are doing great so far. There are times (everyone has those) that we won't lift as much as we'd like. As you said, ego is to left out of the gym. Put in your workouts, slowly progress, get your form right. Remember, there is no success without failure.

Fitday has many ways to calculate the cals and macros (cooked, uncooked etc). I assume label information is for non-cooked material. I suggest keep track with fitday and see how things go, most likely you buy the same brand of chicken or tuna each time, so you will not have to take into consideration this variable.

Keep up the good work and happy b-day!

Con
08-06-2006, 06:49 AM
August 6, 2006: My birthday

Workout:

Since time is kinda limited this morning, I made a 1 minute rest between sets.

Romanian Deadlifts:

225 x 3
215 x 4
205 x 5
235 x 3
225 x 4
215 x 5

Not sure what it is, but I just dont feel it in my hams, so later today or tommorow ama do some research on RDL's and make sure my form and execution id down.

Good Mornings:

115 x 8
115 x 8
115 x 8

Finally felt like I got some good form down.

DB Lunges:

40's x 12
40's x 12
40's x 12

Felt these like no other, that 1 minute rest really made it intense.

Dips:

BW x 3
BW x 3
BW x 3------Its a PR in itself, first time going for triples all the way through
BW x 3
BW x 3

Cable Pressdowns:

80 x 8
80 x 8
80 x 8

Cocoa-Hope so man, im still skeptical about weighing tuna and chicken in a can, and im takin you and zeks advuse and tryin not to go too low on cals, but that thought of possibly eatin too many cals is annoying.
Btw I now know why your name caught my attention, its my nieces Nickname :)

Dumbell-Yea, i forgot about the word plateau :scratch: . But i understand and i will definately try and enjoy the b-day. Thanks man
Nice workout, now i get to go and slack off at da job :D

Coke
08-06-2006, 07:18 AM
Then that gives you better reason to call me "Coke", lol. You were true to your word and got those lunges in, nice deal on tweaking your form with the deads and GM's. ...-... :birthday:

DumbellDude
08-06-2006, 03:52 PM
There's no time for slacking on the workouts, not even at your b-day!!! Actually that's a great way to start a great b-day! Keep going !!! :birthday:

KingWilder
08-06-2006, 04:41 PM
NICE workout

props for lifting on your birthday haha, I took like the whole week off...of course I was turning 21 :angel:

:birthday:

Con
08-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Was wondering which is the better form Good Mornings:

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Hamstrings/BBGoodMorning.html

or

http://www.uwlax.edu/strengthcenter/videos/exercisevideos/Standing%20Good%20Morning.mpg

Also wondering id this is an accurate viedo of a RDL?

http://www.uwlax.edu/strengthcenter/videos/exercise%20videos%20plus/rdl.mpg

Coke-Thanks man, love the feelin of lunges, just not while im doin them
Dumbell-I definately will, get to weigh myself tommorow, hopin for the best. Thanks
KingWilder-The magical number 21, can only imagine what u were doin for that B-day, sure u only needed a week off? :D.

KingWilder
08-06-2006, 06:12 PM
My goodmornings are closer to the second video...both are fine though, I'd just be afraid that with heavier weights the bar could slide forward (with the first videos form)

The video of the RDLs looks about right to me

DumbellDude
08-06-2006, 08:45 PM
^^^
I agree on the GMs form - make sure you squeeze your shoulder/traps and put the barbell low on your traps. The heavier you go, the more difficult it will be to go to parallel.

There was a very informative thread about GMs in the BB & weightlifting forum originated by Kevin.. ok found the link: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78334&highlight=goodmornings

Con
08-07-2006, 05:14 AM
King-Dumbell-Thansk guys, now I know my form is ok when doin these.

Weight situation:

Well after goin to sleep at like 1 last night, i still managed to wake up at 6:45 and not be tired :swear:. I was hopin goin to sleep late would make me tired and get some good sleep but not sthe situation.

Anyway I weighed myself and at first it said 176, I tryed again to double check and it went to 173, and held there when i tryed several times after.
So 173 is the new weight, not too bad

KingWilder
08-07-2006, 05:52 AM
weird, I couldn't fall asleep last night until like 3 and here I am awake at 7:45 and not tired either.

Congrats on 173, how much did you lose last week?

Con
08-07-2006, 08:35 AM
From last week to this week, 3 pounds(a little bit much, but ill take it), from 2weeks a ago to one week was 0 pounds.

So yea it feels nice, never been this low in weight :nod:

Con
08-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Internet was down yesterday so couldnt post workout. Also didnt have access to fitday but since id almost memorized what I was eating, I only went about 100 cals over. NO BIG DEAL!

August 9, 2006

Workout:

Deadlifts:

245 x 3
235 x 4
225 x 5
255 x 2
245 x 3
235 x 4

DB Rows:

50's x 8
50's x 8
50's x 8

After these my left backarm/shoulder region was tingling, never felt that before.

BB Bench:

145 x 3
145 x 4
135 x 5
155 x 2
145 x 3
135 x 4

DB Incline:

45's x 8
45's x 7(last one just wouldnt go up)
45's x 8

3 sets of calves
3 sets of rope/prayer crunches

August 10, 2006

Workout:

Squats:

195 x 3
185 x 4
175 x 5
205 x 3
195 x 4
185 x 5

When these get hard my torso falls just a tiny bit forward, like a good mornin, im workin on that and also tryed to use some tips from this article(nation.com/findArticle.do?article=body_149squat
), just cant seem to fill my stomache up with air tho.

Leg Press:

3pps+50 x 8(very close to failure, very scary)
3pps+50 x 8
3pps+50 x 8

Leg Curls:

70 x 15
70 x 15
70 x 15

Alternating Bicep Curl:
Went backwards with the wave loading, but ohwell.

40 x 3
35 x 4
30 x 5
35 x 3
30 x 4
25 x 5

Hammer Curls:

25 x 8
25 x 8
25 x 8

Special Questions:
-For my meal one hour after my PWO shake, are green peas ok to have? Any disadvanctages? advantages?
-Was thinkin of incorporating ME, DE, and RE days into the routine, but not sure how to go about it, any help would be appreciated.

Job Update:

Well on my b-day I had my drawer on(cash register) and I wasnt on it most of the day. Other peple were usuing it. I ended up being like 37 dollars short. Im less than 3 dollars from being fired :(. Yesterday I was on my drawer all day and I came up 40 short, found 20 but still dont know where the other 20 is. So Im pretty worried about going to work tommorow.

Other than that, everything is going good. Thanks for reading.

Coke
08-10-2006, 09:00 AM
Bad deal, other folks shouldn't be using your register - lesson learned?...nice back-to back efforts, both were solid!!

getfit
08-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Con-thanks for the props in my journal and kind words i appreciate it :)

DumbellDude
08-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Good squats and deads Nick. The article on the squats is great thanks. Hope everything's fine at work.

ddegroff
08-10-2006, 09:50 PM
greens should be fine for the second meal...

Good work on deads man keep it up!

KingWilder
08-11-2006, 01:57 PM
awesome sessions man, keep up the hard work!

Con
08-12-2006, 08:52 AM
August 12, 2006

Workout:

Chins:

BW x 4
BW x 4
BW x 3

Pullups:
After the chins my shoulders felt tired and these were harder than normal, could barely get chin to the freakin bar.

BW x 2
BW x 2
BW x 2

None of these with great form.

Hammer strength Rows:

50's(each side) x 8
50's(each side) x 8
50's(each side) x 8

Bent over Laterals:

10 x 10
10 x 10

Arnold Presses

40 x 3
35 x 4
30 x 5
45 x 3
40 x 4
35 x 5

Side Laterals:

15 x 8
15 x 8
15 x 8

3 sets of farmers walks: I gripped those dumbells like I used to grip cheesecake around christmas time.
3 sets of prayer crunches

Something I wanna mention:
-http://www.t-nation.com/ALSAuthor.do;jsessionid=7BC1427C8CF6FF88F1C0EE6E8ED64837.hydra?p=Dave%20Tate&pageNo=1. I know most people already know about this site but I like how this page is of all this guys(Dave Tate) articles.

I particularly liked this one-http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459744

Special Questions:
-When you post a link, like I did twice above, how can you make the link say like "here" but still link to a certain site. Or even how to make a "my journal" link in my sig, instead of the big ass url?

Cocoa- Yea, definately learned my lesson, just hope I didnt learn it too late.

Getfit- Its not hard to give praise when it well deserved, thanks for droppin by.

Dumbell- Thanks, thinkin about changin up how I workout, but not quite yet, wanna keep pushin myself. Works been ok so far....thanks.

DDeg- Thanks man, I will definately keep tryin, can see some progress in my physique so im extra motivated lately. Also, welcome back!(you are back right :rolleyes: )

KingWilder- Thanks, comments like that make we wanna hit the weight that much harder!

Well that was today, thanks for the support guys. Dont forget to check out my Special question :cool:

Stumprrp
08-12-2006, 08:58 AM
gj con

DGabe24
08-13-2006, 06:52 AM
Nice job, it's the efforts that you gave on the pullups that will get you where you wanna go. Even though you felt spent from the chins you still went for 3 sets even if they were only for 2 reps, that is what gets results man. Keep it up, and the strength will come in due time.

KingWilder
08-13-2006, 07:25 AM
NICE job man, especially on the Arnies

Answer to your special question:

1)Type in what you want the link to say...ex: My Journal
2)highlight it
3)click the insert link icon (with My Journal still highlighted)
4)paste the html for your journal and click ok
5)there ya go, that should do it

Con
08-13-2006, 09:10 AM
August 13, 2006

Workout:

RDLs:

225 x 3
215 x 4
205 x 5
235 x 3
225 x 4
215 x 5

I practiced my form for deadlifts when I picked the bar up, and im excited to try it again on wednesday when I go for my deads. Today I went lower than normal in hope of httin the hammies, maybe ill be sore tommorow, maybe I wont.

GMs:

115 x 8
115 x 8
115 x 8

I pracrise form with no weight and felt the stretch in my hammies but when I tryed to do that with weight I couldnt go down far enough to feel the pull. And it was extra killer on my neck.

DB Lunges:

40's x 12
40's x 12
40's x 12

1 minute break and it was killer again, form broke down on a rep, so I did it over, didnt like a half ass effort.

Dips:

BW x 3
BW x 3
BW x 3
BW x 3
BW x 3

On my last rep of my last set, was nothin but heart, felt good hittin that one.

Cable Pressdowns:

80 x 8
80 x 8
80 x 8

Stump - Thanks man

Dgabe: - Thanks, pullups are always harder than chins for me, and I wanna be able to do a few few when I got back to school, would like to get presidential on the challenge at school :D.

KingWilder - Thanks man, I been tryin, its funny, it harder gettin myself up to do them than actually doin them, gotta use a lot of english to get em up. And thank for answer my question, was hopin someone would.

DumbellDude
08-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Good workout nick.

The one thing that you don't want with GMs it for the bar to roll forward on your neck as you go down. Bring your elbows back and squeeze your shoulderblades together so that the bar rests lower on your traps and not immediately below your neck. It take a bit of practice but makes a big difference.

Coke
08-14-2006, 05:06 AM
Damn good day in the gym dude, tweaking the movements to perfection - :thumbup:

Con
08-14-2006, 08:08 AM
Weight Situation:

Well I do believe grannys scale is broke. I got on this morning and it said 173. Out of curiosity i jumped on again, like 3 sec later and it said 170....Same exact thing as last time, took off 3 pounds the second time around. Think that thing might have a mind of its own, dunno, might need to get my own.
Anyway thats what happened.

Dumbell - yea I gotta definately work on these, will definately tighten up the traps.

Coke - Yea, im tryin, but i really gotta do somethin bout the GMs. Might do JUST the bar next time and really concentrate on form, ive already wasted more than a month and still dont have form down, gotta just play it smart.

Thanks guys.

ddegroff
08-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Great workout bud! I'm glad to see you working so hard on your form. Keep up the good work!

Eszekial
08-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Strong DL's!

Are you adding weight to those Dips? 3 reps seems kinda nonsensical... But hey, i'm sure you were feeling it by then!

Keep it up bro!

Con
08-14-2006, 11:58 AM
DDeg- - Yeah i figure cant go far if your basics are non existant, thus my struggle for good form.

Zek - Thanks, im pretty proud of my dl weight :D. For the dip, I do them on a machine, you could be assisted but I do em without that and I can really feel them, tryin to get more but wanna go slow.

Eszekial
08-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Word, based on your effots i should probably trust you aint dicking around!

Just trying to look out! Keep it up bro.

KingWilder
08-14-2006, 01:49 PM
good job with the RDLs. You def. wanna get your form down on Good Mornings, an injured back is no fun for anyone.

Con
08-15-2006, 08:23 AM
Thanks Zek. Always nice when someone comes out and recognizes my efforts.

KingWilder - Yea, got my senior year coming up, dont wanna mess it up, and have a big regret.

Some Random little notes for today

-Forgot to say this, my hams were hurtin like a bitch yesterday AND still today aswell. I know pain doest mean anything but hey i tryed something different and got a different reaction from my body.

-Was thinkin of maxin out this week for the big 3. Stepfather is supposed to be goin tommorow and hopefully thursday so I should have a spot.

-Yesterday was the first time I really questioned my cut. I was thinkin like itwould just be easier to eat w/e and be carefree but I got over it, thinkin of my goals and just how guilty Id feel if I messed up now when I can really see results.

Well Thanks for comin thru, im gonna go read and enjoy my day off from the gym and work. Back to both tommorow :whiner:

KingWilder
08-15-2006, 08:29 AM
enjoy your day off, I'm lookin' forward to mine tomorrow.

Eszekial
08-15-2006, 08:30 AM
have a good rest day!

ddegroff
08-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Yesterday was the first time I really questioned my cut. I was thinkin like itwould just be easier to eat w/e and be carefree but I got over it, thinkin of my goals and just how guilty Id feel if I messed up now when I can really see results.

That right there seperates us from them. In a moment of weakness when the plain chicken breast no longer works, and dreams of pizza flowing. We turn and eat the chicken. Good work! Enjoy your rest day.

Con
08-16-2006, 07:22 AM
August 16, 2006

Well today was an interesting workout but a good one nonetheless.

Workout:

Deadlifts:
225 x 1
245 x 1
265 x 1(PR)
285 x 1(PR The Sequel)
295 x THE BIG ZER0
265 x 1
225 x 1

Couldnt really get straight up on the 295, that 10 pounds makes a helluva difference.

DB Rows:
50 x 8
50 x 8
50 x 8

BB Bench:

155 x 2
145 x 3
135 x 4
165 x 1(assisted quite a bit...ohwell, I tryed)
155 x 1
145 x 3

Story coming later about this experience.

DB Incline:

45 x 8
45 x 8
45 x 8

Might go down in weight, not liking my form lately.

Superset: 3 sets of Calves and rope crunches

Tips from an old timer at the gym:
-Widen your grip. When he showed me how I looked, it looked like a close grip bench press.

-Do Big muscles(said chest is your biggest muscle) first. Later he also mentioned back as another big muscle. Not sure if i missed it, but dont remember legs or squats coming from his mouth.

-Lower your weight and up the reps. He said do higher reps so you can get muscle endurance. Was taking this into consideration.

Would like some insight one what the guy said.

What Im thinking of Doing with my routine:
-If I can get a spot tommorow I will try to max out on squats.
-After this, the next 2 or 3 weeks will take the big threee to lower numbers and concnetrate on form with decent weight. Like a 5 x 5 of 235 for deadlifts. A 5 x 5 for 185 for squats. And not sure on bench yet.
-After this I would go back up again to the heavier weight.

More insight please :D

KingWilder - I did man, lots of relaxing and reading.

Zek - Thanks, It sure was nice while it lasted :)

DDeg - Thanks ddeg, was great when I read what you said, inspired and motivated me.

The support is always appreciated guys.

So today was interesting, I might be working twice today also. So just might have a long day ahead of me, ohwell, least I had fun working out. TTYL guys.

TwiloMike
08-16-2006, 07:34 AM
Nice lifting, man. Congrats on the DL PR!

Not knowing where your hands were on the bar it's hard to say whether you should have widened your grip on bench. I normally do mine with the grip a bit wider than shoulders.

edit: You mentioned in my journal about cleans http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/OlympicLifts/Clean.html
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?Name=Power+Clean

Coke
08-16-2006, 08:08 AM
You were on your way to 3pps on those deads which is sweet, ace pr's there Nick.

Eszekial
08-16-2006, 08:24 AM
-Widen your grip. When he showed me how I looked, it looked like a close grip bench press.
*well, this is all subjective... Did you WANT to do a close grip bench press? this one is pretty easy.

-Do Big muscles(said chest is your biggest muscle) first. Later he also mentioned back as another big muscle. Not sure if i missed it, but dont remember legs or squats coming from his mouth.
*Chest is not your biggest muscle... And i'd discard this whole statement.. It's all subjective.

-Lower your weight and up the reps. He said do higher reps so you can get muscle endurance. Was taking this into consideration.
*You're cutting, 3-8 reps is what the esteemed built has always preached for a cut.

DGabe24
08-16-2006, 03:01 PM
The lower the rep and heavier the weight influences your body to hang onto to what lean muscle you have and still burn fat. By lifting lighter you will open up doors to lose some of your size / strength, which I am sure are not your initial intentions...I hope. So I would suggest continuing to lift intense and heavy, and eat in a caloric deficit.

ddegroff
08-16-2006, 03:21 PM
*well, this is all subjective... Did you WANT to do a close grip bench press? this one is pretty easy.

*Chest is not your biggest muscle... And i'd discard this whole statement.. It's all subjective.

*You're cutting, 3-8 reps is what the esteemed built has always preached for a cut.

Said exactly what I was thinking.

Nice work on Deads! Keep it up!

KingWilder
08-16-2006, 04:49 PM
nice workout man

and I agree with Zek; if you're cutting, keep the weight heavy and the reps low

DumbellDude
08-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Excelent deadlifting man. 10lb makes a huge difference, you'll nail it soon though!

Con
08-17-2006, 08:03 AM
August 17, 2006

:whiner: Quick Overview of last night to this morning::whiner:

Well I got home from work at about 11:20 last night. I walk into my room and notice several things, my xbox is on(know I turned it off), my computer is off(know I left it on), papers are ripped up, my door has been damaged, glass case is ripped apart and my things on my dresser have been moved.

After this I have to take out the trash, the recycle then wash and clean my dishes in addition to everyone elses. Like wtf was everyone doing all day?

Then I get to sleep pretty easy(seems like only good point). At about 6:40 my stepfather decided to ask me if I wanna work, after I already told him id help him out friday if he needed. So its bad enough he woke me up, but then I get a really bad pain in my stomache, after having to wait in pain for like 15 minutes for the bathroom(mom's being a bitch) I finally get some relief. I try to lay back down, got about an hour to sleep. Not happening, so I get up and eat. Then things start to look up, cuz I get to workout :)

Workout:

Squats:

185 x 1
205 x 1
215 x 1(PR)
225 x Guy had to help me keep balance
225 x Helped me from the jump
225 x Helped me keep balance
185 x 4

So the guy is cool and im glad I asked him for a spot. Coulda really hurt myself. Seems to me that I have the power for 225, but not the control nor the balance for it yet. So good lesson today.

Leg Press:

3pps+50 x 8
3pps+50 x 8
3pps+50 x 8

Same guy who spotted me to never lock out, except on the last rep, good idea?

Leg Curl:

80 x 15
80 x 15
80 x 15

Seated Alternating Bicep Curl:

35 x 3
30 x 4
25 x 5
40 x sloppy 3
35 x 4
30 x 5

Hammer Curls:

25 x 8
25 x 8
25 x 8

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

TM - Thanks, learnin every day :). Guess I gotta experiment with grip a little.

Coke - Thanks, felt good to get that kinda weight up.

Zek - Thanks for spellin it out, and no, I was going for a regular bench, but maybe my perception of a close grip BP is off. Ill experiment.

Dgabe - Gotcha. Definately wanna keep strength and the litte muscle I got, so intense it shall stay.

DDeg - You know how I do it! Aint nuttin but a small thang. JK!!! :D Really happy after I got the weight. Thanks

KingWilder - Will do, and thanks for support.

Dumbell - The way it felt was amazing. I would thought I was tryin to pull the dman earth out of its orbit when that extra 10 pounds was on. Hope I get it next time!

Well that was today, nice way to start the day, thanks everyone for coming in.

TwiloMike
08-17-2006, 08:08 AM
Nice squats!

Dude's right- don't lock out on leg presses. Keep the strain on the muscle.

Coke
08-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Were you looking to see just where you stand with your squats? - if not, add a couple more reps before moving on.
Good leg and bicep work bro...talking to others in the gym and receiving advice surely helps take it to the next level.

KingWilder
08-17-2006, 10:33 AM
don't you just love random people at the gym that give you advice haha

good lookin' workout man, you're close to being able to do 225 by yourself..hell 3 weeks ago I was scared to do it, now I'm taking 225 ATF, YOU GOT IT!

ddegroff
08-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Glad to see there is someone that can spot you. The more you do 225 the more balance you'll get, awesome work!

DGabe24
08-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Awesome job on that 225 man, who cares if you needed some support, at least you have the power for it which means your legs are definitely getting stronger. The balance will come, especially with some core work and maybe some lunges. Keep it up Con!

DumbellDude
08-17-2006, 08:06 PM
You're doing great on the squats Nick. Definately not lock out on the presses.

Nosaj
08-18-2006, 04:13 AM
Nice efforts man. :D Closing in nicely on a 2pp squat, very nice. I'd focus on some 5x5, 3x8-12 and 20 rep sets to really get those stabilizer muscles ready for the heavier weight. Once you get the balance and support, you're golden!

Con
08-19-2006, 02:22 PM
August 19, 2006

Workout:

Chins:

BW x 4
BW x 4
BW x 2.75

Made the last one really hard by letting myself hang for a while.

Pullups:

BW x a very crappy and low 2
BW x 2
BW x 2

Hammer Strength Rows:

50's(Per side) x 8
50's(Per side) x 8
50's(Per side) x 8

Bent Over Laterals:

10 x 10
10 x 10

Arnold Presses:

40 x 3
35 x 4
30 x 5
45 x 3
40 x 4
35 x 5

I had like half a minute rest between these, so as a result that 45 x 3 was a bitch.

Side Laterals:

15 x 8
15 x 8
15 x 8

Still hate these with a passion.

3 sets of Farmers walks: with 80 pound dumbells
Failed on last set but I did go significatly longer in each set.

3 sets of prayer crucnches:
Think I need to find another excersize because I just dont feel these very much, any idea would be appreciated.

TM - Ok cool, guess ama have to go back to 3pps and be on the safe side. Btw not sure If I asked you this before and if I did dont worry im not stalkin you.........yet :hello:. But where do you live in NJ?

Coke - Thanks and yea I was just seeing what my max squat was. Only prob I have with askin people in the gym for advise is the credibilty of their advise, I know they are all well intentioned, but I need good advise just the same. Thats generally why I bring it back here :D.

KingWilder - Well hes not too random, but yea I get what you mean. A cool guy there who squats like 4 inches was givin me advise, but me being the polite young man that i am(:rolleyes:) just nodded and said ok. And thanks, cant wait to hit 225.

DDeg - Thanks, but it'll probably be like 2 or 3 weeks before I attempt 225 again, next time ill be rdy for the weight tho.

Dumbell - Thanks you kind sir named dumbell! And no more lockin out on leg presses for me, time to step up the intensity.

Nosaj - Thanks for droppin by nosaj, much appreciated. Yea the next 2 or 3 weeks Ill be mixing it up a bit right around those ranges and then try for 225 again. Thanks again!

So today was a ood workout, a fast workout thus very intense, damn my left shoulder dont like me right now. Thanks for droppin in guys.

EDIT: Something interesting I was thinkin about, and just never got to write it out, I want time to go by faster so I can see results, but then im kinda sacred because my senior years comin up and I know this one will be the most important. Double edged sword huh? Ohwell, ill face the challenges as they come.

dblockspky
08-19-2006, 03:33 PM
hey. i was just wondering where you live in NJ. Also.. you're pretty close to all your goals already. Why do you have your deadline for reaching them so far away?

Coke
08-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Nice back and shoulder work Nick...the db laterals are not a bad movement imo, I don't like them damn arnold's, lol.

Con
08-20-2006, 03:13 PM
August 20, 2006

Finished my first 5 day week(35 hours cuz im a minor) and finished off the week with another decent workout.

Workout:

RDLs:

225 x 3
215 x 2
205 x 5
235 x 3
225 x 4
215 x 5

These felt heavy but I think I was goin to low, felt some tightness in lower back and altered form again, think I got it down!

GMs:

45 x unknown number
65 x no idea but definately over 8
65 x 8
65 x 8

I varied foot placement and made sure I stuck out my ass before bending slightly at the kness. Think I got it down and no neck pain(but it was light weight, so Ill see next time).

Lunges:

40's x 8
40's x 8
40's x 8

Its like a rivalry between me and the lunges, a contest almost. Everytime I go in its a question of will my willpower falter and will the lunges get the better of me, or will the strength come and will I totally overcome the lunges. So far its tied 0 to 0 with no side giving up anytime soon! Tune in for next week's episode of "Con vs the Lunges!" :D

Dips:

BW x 4
BW x 4
BW x 3
BW x 3
BW x 2 :(

Last one just wasnt happening, tryed to not psyche myself out but i didnt have too, my arms were gone.

Cable Pressdowns:

80 x 8
80 x 8
80 x 8

dblock - Sup man, Im down here in South Jersey living in Absecon, about 30 minutes(if that) from Atlantic City. The reason for my deadline is I wanted to give myself ample time to reach goals, no need to rush really, im not going for a competition. Id rather set a realistic time frame rather than rush and risk an injury. Since I am kinda close to strength goals(no idea about BF %) I might set them a little higher once I attain them.

Coke - The big man graces me with his presence again :D. Yea, its not that the laterals are a bad movement, they are just so damn hard :ninja:. I kinda like arnolds, its more the tension and stress I like on my muscles but what am i gonna do? cut out some of my workout? Right.....................................

Thanks for stoppin by and tommorows the big weigh in, hope for the best!

getfit
08-20-2006, 03:22 PM
looking ace Con, are the lunges standing or walking? Either way they are brutal ;)

Con
08-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Its just like this: Lunge (http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/BBLunge.html)
Only difference is that I hold dumbells in each hand(god my shoulders hurt after these too)

And I realized I could work on form a bit so ill make a not to try next time.

Also it was kinda funny, after eatin and browsing WBB for a while I got up and I felt pain in my quads, it hasnt even been 2 hours and the lunges are striking back :D.

Stumprrp
08-20-2006, 05:32 PM
nice workout big con

Coke
08-21-2006, 04:23 AM
There's a guy at my gym around your size who carries big db's while doing lunges, guess it is all a matter of what you are used to or raise up to...that dude is doing some perfect bb lunges in that link. Very nice session bro.

Con
08-21-2006, 05:12 AM
Weight Situation:

Like most mornings(especially when I dont work) I woke up realy early even when its not needed. Maybe after I get a bit to eat, I can fall back asleep, but anyway I weighed myself before all of this. This time the scale didnt do any funny stuff and I am now at 172. Over the past 2 weeks the scale was acting funny, so its a net loss of 1 pounds. Not bad :)

Stump - LOl thanks stump, its kinda funny, after being ona cut(and realizing ive never done anything except try and lose weight) i will enjoy bulkin when it comes time.

Coke - Yea, I think im doin the lunges ok, I just reread the link and it said shorter lunges for quads. I thought the lunge had to be long no matter what, so my form could still use some work but not in the way I thought. Thanks coke.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just another thing I wanted to say, I was thinking of getting creatine. I want to read this article (http://www.creatinemonohydrate.net/) a bit latter and see if I still want to get it.
Then I was thinking of buying it from here (http://supplementdirect.com/?content=52&product_id=10807&PHPSESSID=4f35f5a3aa908bef22da0cd146f35fd8).

Anyone think itsa good idea? anyone ever order from that website?

My dex i got from them is fine, id assume their creatine would be aswell.

Thanks for any help.

DGabe24
08-21-2006, 03:26 PM
Nice job on the lunges, not many people really do them, myself included :redface: , but they really hit the legs like no other.

Eszekial
08-22-2006, 09:14 AM
LOL, Con vs. Lunges is an epic event..

ddegroff
08-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Nice work bro! Keep hittin' the weights hard, the results will come!

Con
08-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Dgabe - yea man, they are really an underused exercize from what I can see, but well worth the pain....im hoping :bang:

Zek - Damn straight!!!! :D

DDeg - I will, gonna try a little bit different this week, you'll see when it happens.

And after readin this (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=1463973#post1463973) I wanted to get a multivitamin from here (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=6) and get some creatine from here (http://www.supplementdirect.com/?content=52&product_id=10807).

Trying to do it cheap since im only workin 3 days a week and I do need money for other things.

Since im new to supplementing with anything besised protein, I was hoping for some advise. Thanks

ddegroff
08-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Those are probably the best Creatine, Protein, Multi. All I would add is Fish oil.

Con
08-22-2006, 11:47 AM
Well im lookin into fish oil, and was wonderin which one of these would be a good idea: Fish oils (http://www.supplementdirect.com/?content=2&section=&search_type=store&field=fish+oil)

Nosaj
08-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Great efforts man, nice RDL's and lunges. GM's will come with form, they are a tricky SOB! As for the fish oil, I just catch my own fresh trout (bare handed of course) and lick the scales, can't be dealin' with no preservatives! :evillaugh

ddegroff
08-22-2006, 04:19 PM
Really doesn't matter. Although I would suggest capsule vs. straight oil. I get mine at GNC.

Con
08-23-2006, 08:05 AM
August 23, 2006

Kind of a long bitchy post, so be warned. Also its kind of depressing now that I think about it. Workout was also kinda crap.

Workout

Deadlifts:

235 x 5
235 x 5
235 x 4
235 x 5
225 x 5

Long section on this later.

DB Rows:

50 x 8
50 x 8
50 x 8

Barbell Bench:

115 x 8
115 x 8
135 x 4
135 x 4
135 x 4

DB Incline:

45 x 6
40 x 8
40 x 8

3 sets of calves

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Nosaj - thanks man, your encouragement is much needed and appreciated.

DDeg - After thinkin about it, might just skip fish oil, or get the really cheap kind, ill decide when I order my stuff this friday.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Now where to start......

Deadlifts

Felt like I had no strength. 235 felt like a ton and after readin this (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=84163) I started to question myself, mainly my form. Is your back supposed to always be archer, or when you bring the bar down, is your back supposed to round forward? I kept thinking about this and Id change it up between sets, but to keep my back arched, I dont go down very far, and I think thats a RDL. I need a good link on execution of regular DLs and RDLs. I also noticed that the bar is rubbin up against my right thigh right above the knee cap, and its annoyin/sign of bad form. Im really upset, cuz this felt like crap today, might need to lower wegith again next week, dunno.

Then later some kids were lookin at me while I was doin my DLs. Guess they wanted the rack so they could do curls. Then they would also be lookin at me for no reason. So the second time they did it, I stared em right in the eyes and they looked away, while I kept staring at them.

Depression and stress

**** around my house has been ****ed up. Parents are arguing all the time. Like last night when I was tryin to get to sleep. Grandmother is not herself for quite a while. I have an important test tommorow that could affect my whole senior year. Got my SAT in October. I also need to pay for driving school and thats a couple hundred dollars. Then my mom has her test for her state boards, and I helped her get through college(math stuff, help with papers) and if she fails(which she thinks she will) I know she will be crushed. Im freakin out about that. In General im quite nervous about my whole senior year. I feel like I have no one to talk to. Dont have a good relationships with mom, stepfather is busy with his business, havent spoke to my real father in like a year(partially my fault) and i just feel alone.

Supps

If my mom doesnt get flaky I will probably order, some creatine and my multi. Possible fish oils capsules too. Now sure yet.

Thanks for comin in, ill try and check in later, peace guys.

Eszekial
08-23-2006, 08:44 AM
Hey, that blows a large load man... If you ever need anybody to vent at, i'm more then willing to give you an ear for as long as you please. 9o9-730-6oo7

Remember that everything happens for a reason and with purpose.

Deal with the stress as best you can and come out a better person because of it.

I was in a very similar situation. My mom works 80hrs a week, my step dad was semi abusive and unavailable. Real dad has been non-existant for about 7 years... I turned out semi decent :D

DumbellDude
08-23-2006, 09:42 PM
For DLs, keep your back arched and push with yoru legs to get the weight moving. Once up, pull with back. Rounding your back is not a good idea. If you're not sure you have your form right, you probably don't.

Sorry to hear about the situation at home man. First, make sure you are Ok with school and everything. Your mom will be fine with her boards, but if she needs help you can always be on her side. And she will be on your side when you need her. When and if you feel like it talk to your dad. Family and friends are so important, sometimes we tend to forget about them because they are always there.

ddegroff
08-23-2006, 10:27 PM
The bar should scrape your shins (atleast). I keep the bar as close to my body (sometimes rub my theighs). Back should be flat/arched. I guess you can round your upper back as long as you can keep lower back flat (sounds really hard to do).

Keep liftin', keep the stress down that way. Everything will work out!

Nosaj
08-24-2006, 02:45 AM
Don't second guess yourself, you know what works for you. You know an arched back can lead to DL'ing injury, just keep that in mind and pull so that it feels comfortable to you. There are SO many forms of DL'ing, you don't need to mimic anyone else. Find a stance that feels great for you, and stick with it. As for the family issues, deal with it the same way you deal with the gym, one step/rep at a time. Go to bed on time, get your rest, wake up early, get sh!t done. Things will fall into place, and as long as you're giving it your best, no regets bro. Time has a way of healing everything, get through this speedbump and there is surely smoother highway ahead. :)

Keep your head up, you'll pull through. :thumbup:

Coke
08-24-2006, 06:15 AM
Sorry to hear there is some level of drama at home, do the best you can with it all...always be cool with your peeps including your step father, they mean well. Give dad a call, he'd be glad to reunite - you're getting to be a man now.

Good job with everything within this workout Nick.

Con
08-24-2006, 11:38 AM
August 24, 2006

Well I feel better, but still some anxiety but ill let everyone in on that later.

Workout:

Squats:

Bar x unknown #
135 x unknown #
175 x 5
175 x 5
175 x 5-----Last rep was sloppy and I didnt like it.
165 x 6
165 x 6
135 x 8

Superset-
-Leg Press:
3pps x 8
3pps x 8
3pps x 8
-Leg Curl:
80 x 15
80 x 15
80 x 15

Seated Alternating Bicep curl:

35 x 3
30 x 4
25 x 5
40 x 3
35 x 4
30 x 5

Hamer Curls:

25 x 8
25 x 8
25 x 8

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Supps:
Probably gonna get mutli and creatine, fish tablets can wait.

About my Special test today
My math was pretty good, and sentence structing was also decent. My readin comprehension was a bit low, but ill work on that with my SAT Book.

My mom talked to me about ym counselor calling and he is gonna help with financial aid and my future. She said I just need to show initiative, get good grades and try and do really well on sat(gotta get studying :))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zek - Thanks Zek, means a lot, especially since your really a "goodball"(:D) sometimes and you seemed very sincere.

Dumbell - Appreicate it dumbell. I will work on deads and just try to keep consistent. And im really starting to understand that family is essential, its like your foundation, much like form is to weights.

ddeg - Yea ama work on form with even less weight and let my sore callouses heal up. Thanks for coming in.

Nosaj - Thanks, trying to be positive and look on the bright side of things, I know my life could be a lot worse and im sure I blew some of these things out of proportion.

Coke - Yea, I went to see my dad yesterday, and he was really happy to see eachother. We both blamed ourselves for not gettin in touch sooner and we are going to plan to spend some time together soon. Ill try and stay strong during this rough time.

So thanks guys, really appreciate the encouraging comments.

Last thing I want to mention Is ive been on BGB with the same exercizes and generally the same reps/sets. I might wanna switch some exercizes and hopefully get out of this rut. I hate when things becomes routine, so ama think about this.

Thanks again guys.

Stumprrp
08-24-2006, 01:02 PM
nice squats con!

Nosaj
08-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Things are sounding a bit better already, keep at it. :D Nice iron session.

ddegroff
08-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Nice squatin'!

If you feel like it's time to up the reps then go after it!

KingWilder
08-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Lookin' good man, everything's coming along nicely

DGabe24
08-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Happy things seem to be getting a little better, where are you from in New Jersey? Also, it may seem hard but you should try to channel some of that anxiety, frustration, and dismay into a solid workout and use it to your advantage.

Adversity builds character.

Con
08-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Stump - Yea, gettin there, gonna have a little more volume since Im layin off the higher weight.

Nosaj - Yea things as a whole are better. But it seems like I got a **** load of things to do, ohwell cant be lazy, especially now. Thanks

ddeg - No! not the time for more weight, form and technique are my focus for the next 2 weeks. Think I need a little rest from the heavy stuff, feelt kinda tired lately. Gonna ease up on workouts just a tad and try to get some more sleep.

KingWilder - Thank you kindly!

Gabe - Yea, Ive tryed that, will try again but when I do that, it seems to have an adverse effect, but ill try and adapt. I live in South Jersey, about 30 min from Atlantic City. O yeah, I could definately use some character buildin, so let the rough time roll!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now after seeing a post, I think I will get some fish oil from..............here (http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.asp?xs=66A68CA099AE47859EE7658E28317A1F&PID=5447&CPID=8226&np=1&lbl=1#label).

The full list is here (http://www.puritan.com/pages/psearch.asp?xs=66A68CA099AE47859EE7658E28317A1F).

And I was just wonderin what exactly is Policosanol? I did a search and found out some people include it in their supps so im guessin its not a bad thing.

Thanks for the help and encouragement. OFF to work!

Con
08-26-2006, 08:51 AM
August 26, 2006

Workout:

Chins:

BW x 4
BW x 4
BW x 3

Pullups:

BW x 2
BW x 2
BW x 2

All these were crappy. Besides these being like 100 times harder than chins(is it all because of the extra bicep help) my callous was hurtin like a bitch.

Hammer Strength Rows:

50's(per side) x 8
50's(per side) x 8
50's(per side) x 8

Almost forgot these, was wonderin why my workout seemed to be going so fast.

Bent over laterals:

10 x 10
10 x 10

Arnold Presses:

40 x 4
35 x 4
30 x 5
45 x 3
40 x 4
35 x 5

The 45x3 felt good, controlled and went up easier than before.

Side Laterals:

15 x 8
15 x 8
15 x 8

These felt good this time, got em all to a good height that I was happy with.

3 Sets of farmers walks: 80 lb dumbell
3 sets of prayer crunches: for w/e reason I felt these more than usual. and I liked it.

Well Id like someone to give some insight on previous post if they dont mind. and overall today was a good workout, gotta let this dman callous heal up before I get to deads on wednesday.

DumbellDude
08-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Glad to hear things get better. Workouts look solid. Keep going!

Nosaj
08-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Nice session. I bought fish oil from Target, works just as well. I don't even take it anymore, I get plenty of fat from pb/nuts/milk. The only suppliment I still take to hit macros is whey, and that is only because I love the taste. :)

Con
08-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Dumbell - Damn sure will. Was kinda cool the other day, after not seein my dad for a while, the first thing he had to say, was "You lose weight?" :D. Definately cant stop after encouragement like that.

Nosaj - Yea, fats prolly the easist and tasties macro of the three. And just to be sure, the fish oil isnt really to help with macros is it? I read in builts article about coversion of fats(EFA), yada yada was really good and most people recommend fish oil, so i just thought if i can get it for a decent price, id pick some up. MMMMMMM, PB! :D

DumbellDude
08-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Awesome dude. Happy to hear you reunite with your dad. Usually problems start when people don't talk to eachother - whether it's family, friends, gf... Talk and let people know what you're feeling, be honest. Good people like honesty. If they don't they are not good people.

Coke
08-27-2006, 06:30 AM
You've been hard at work Nick and deserve the props from Pops!!...I'll still say give the wrist wraps a try, nice session.

Con
08-27-2006, 02:05 PM
August 27, 2006

Kinda average workout, seems like im lacking the mental focus, ill explain later.

Workout:

RDLs:

215 x 6 :( Callous
215 x 6
215 x 6
215 x 6

Callous really ****ed me today, it started healin but thanks to m stupidity and some weight liftin it was hurtin like a bitch, especially the first set.
Also what exactly is the difference between these and rack pulls, from what ive read the ROM seems the same, I really need to get an article. PLEASE HELP
GMs:

65 x 8
75 x 8
75 x 8

This was prolly the high point of thr workout. Think I really got form down, so ill take it nice and slow and keep form in check.

Lunges:

40's x 12
40's x 12
40's x 12---At about the 6th rep, it started gettin really tough

Score is still tied, bitch ass lunges aint gettin me :D

Dips:

BW x 4
BW x 4
BW x 3
BW x 3----Last one was quite hard
BW x 2----Was significantly harder than the last set

They are becomin a love hate relationship all their own.

Cable Pressdowns:

80 x 10
80 x 10
80 x 8

First 2 sets my arms were going to high, last set was very good and challenging.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dumbell - That was very encouragin, I think got some good friends then, I might look for a "good" gf and stop tryin for dem hood rats.

Coke - Thanks, ama try and get some pics up before I start school, and what do you mean straps? I dont believe you mentioned them to me before.

Inner Turmoil:

I have a bad habit of convincing myself to do things when they arent in my best interest or even necessary. Now I cant help but think Maybe I should lwer weights but still keep em in 3-8 range. Ive just kinda got used to liftin heavy but Im afraid that its takin a toll on me mentally and physically. The more I think about it, the worse it seems to get, and I tend to think a lot(messed up at work twice thinkin too much :scratch: ).

Well that was today, tommorow I register for online course for my senior year program thingy and its the weigh in, ttyl guys.

DGabe24
08-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Sometimes working through pain is what it's all about :) Nice job finishing some solid DL work despite the callous setback.

Rack Pull (http://paws.wcu.edu/tjacobi/Weight%20Lifting%20Descriptions/Ground%20Based%20Explosive%20Movements/rack%20pull.htm)

Hope that helps, keep up the good work man~

DumbellDude
08-27-2006, 11:51 PM
Good stuff Nick. Solid workout.
Calluses will become your friends, dont try to soften them. If they bother you put on a bandaid.
The ROM at the rack pull is shorter since you dont start from the ground as in the DL. You can go heavier with rack pulls (compared to DL), thus overcoming your max DL and training your CNS to heavier loads.

Con
08-28-2006, 04:29 AM
August 28, 2006

As usualy im up super early for no reason, ohwell, a bad habit that should come in handy since school is startin soon.

Weight Situation:

Now about my Weight. No funny stuff, and my weight is now 173. Cant say im not a lil dissapointed with the fact that it went up a pound, but I know my cals have been right and ive been strict so just gotta accept the body is a wierd and mysterious thing. Next week should be good. :thumbup:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Gabe - Thanks man, callouses suck, mostly the first time I grip the bar and it stretches and opens. Hopefully Today and tommorow they will get healed up.

Dumbell - Cool, now i gotta load more ****in weight(:evillaugh ). Should be fun :clown: . And the thing with my callous is that i was messin with one for a couple days and picked it open(yea im an ass) and when it came time to pullin it was nice and tender and open. Usually I can feel em in a workout, but thats just annoyin, not pain like it was yesterday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Supps:

Almost forgot, I ordered my supps yesterday. Its really one supp and a multi.
Yup, I didnt get crazy, got some creatine from suppdirect and 3 multis from Atlarge(Yes I finally contriuted to the site :D).

Two things I was wonderin about tho, I make a shake that I sip through my workout and drink right after workin out(about half during, and half after), so:
-would mixin my creatine in the shake be ok? So get some creatine in while workin out, and the rest afterward?
-and I drink about 80 ounces of water a day(roughly), how much more should I drink when I start takin creatine?

Well thanks guys, and take care.

Coke
08-28-2006, 05:41 AM
The only thing you can do is go into the gym, lift here and there without too much thought, no need to burnout bro.

Here is a link to the wraps/straps I was speaking of, I got mine at Dick's Sporting Goods:

http://www.harbingerfitness.com/flash/catalog/TrainingAids/213.html

Eszekial
08-28-2006, 09:09 AM
Water, drink until your piss is clear. Live by that rule.

Creatine is stored in your muscles, it doesn't matter when you drink it, it will be absorbed. A lot of supplement companies try to mix it with insulin spiking sugars. Ignore it, just take it in with any meal. during or PWO is fantastic.

Excellent work staying in moderation! Although may i suggest some fish oil pills :D

I take at least 4-6 a day and i eat tons of raw fish! (oh how i love thee, sushi!).

Con
08-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Coke - Ok, main objective is to be consistent, cant be consistent if im burned out, and not sure bout wraps but anything is possible in time.

Zek - Haha, you bastard, maybe ill get some next month, I got into cheap/savin mode and just made out with my creatine and mutli. I also gotta get sum more whey and pay for gym soon. Bout 80 dollars, which isnt too bad.
And bout the creatine, i might have in shake, not sure, or i mght have with pre workout meal, well see what I feel like.

Well I went to register for my online course with my mom and i gotta say, there are some ignorant, obsese, rude and just depressin people in that place. I was like god, is everyone this miserable all the time? Got me really depressed and agitated.

Positive side to this was that me and mom went to Applebees and ate. I was thinkin of havin a cheat meal(honestly didnt really crave anything) so I got 9 oz of sirloin steak and some brocolli. Prolly my fav veggie and the steak was awesome. I JUST GOTTA FIND OUT WHICH ONE ON FITDAY I HAD. :bang: :bash: So anyway me and mom talked, I told her how I been feelin, then she told me its normal, and she was really proud of me. So me and mom are on a good road, for now.

While at applebees I noticed a Vitamin shop next door so I went in. They got a bunch of stuff, and One thing I might pick up(might be a while) will be "Prefect Creatine Monohydrate". $8.99 If I remember correctly.

Only one other thing on my mind right now, Say I do take a cheat day, if its controlled and all, should I aim for it on my workout days, a day before(to have carbs and extra cals in system) or what?

Thanks guys and that was my day, hope you enjoyed readin me rant :D

ddegroff
08-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Nice workouts bro!

RDL (romanian Deads) are some what the same ROM, but the main difference is weight and starting from the pins (rack Pulls).

As far as goin heavy, I've been lifting <5 or less reps since febuary. I love lifting heavy. Lifting heavy things puts stress on your bones, tendons, ligaments, and muscles. ALL a very good thing, keep lifting heavy!

Con
08-29-2006, 09:43 AM
DDeg - Ok, I will, after this one last week, got 9 hours of sleep last night, maybe 10 and it felt good. So ama rest this week, and let this bs callous heal, and the next week starts more intensity aswell as school(mixed feelin about this)

Con
08-30-2006, 08:41 AM
August 30, 2006

Sup guys, this is gonna be kind of a long post, lots of my thoughts, questions and comments, nothing bad has happened tho, so its all just if you are interested.

Workout:

Deadlifts:

205 x 8
205 x 8
225 x 6
225 x 6

Kinda liked the higher volume, might stick with it and see how I feel. I was very conscious of my form and i liked how it felt. Also there was a lady usin the rack, yea, she was doin SLDs with the bar only. Dont get me wrong, I liked the view but damn it was only the bar. Ohwell, not a big deal.

DB Rows:

50 x 10
50 x 10
50 x 10

Really felt these in shoulder and biceps(unusual).

BB Bench

125 x 6
125 x 6
125 x 6
125 x 6

Again, liked the volume and the weight wasnt killin me.

DB Incline

45 x 8-------form sucked and I was really wobbly, shoulder very tired.
40 x 8
40 x 8

On the 40's, my arms were wobbly and I could swear I felt these in biceps, so I might go down to 35, andsee how it goes, not sure.

Superset
3 sets of Calves
3 sets of Prayer crunches

Recap of Last 2 Days:
Monday Went out with mom, we talked and our relationship is way better. I was kinda paranoid about eatin out, but I got over it. Cals came out if anything under what I should have. Later that day I went to cousins house. We hung out the next day playin basketball. It was wierd havin to get home and eat like 1500 cals in like 3 or 4 hours. I Had to estimate the fruit I ate but if anything I overestimated so cals could be slightly higher or lower(cals came to exactly 2100 on fitday)

Random Thoughts:
-School starst next thursday which means more work, busier schedule, friends and GYM!
-I got some decent money saved up, so I can spoil myself before school with some clothes and sneakers. Also need a haircut badly.
-Unfortuantely my gym doesnt have a box, so no box squats(not too sad bout it)
-After basket ball yesterday, my right ankle felt funny, and i ripped my pinky toe nail off, thankfully neither bothered me
-Callous ripped a little but didnt hinder me, so by next week, itll be all good.

Questions:-Assuming my weight stays where its at for the next 2 or 3 weeks, I was gonna take a cheat day to rev up, metabolism, whats the best way to go about this? Like timin of extra carbs, should I cheat on the same day as I workout, then go back to regular cals the next day while workin out again?
-I realized I have no idea how you should eat to properly recover from cardio and prevent muscle loss, can anyone give me a quick rundown of pre and post cardio nutrition?

Multi Vitamin!
Got it yesterday when I got home! Last thing I expected was a little brown box to be in my room when I came in wet and sweaty.
I wanna let you know soemthing chris mason(if u ever see this), your extremely fast and reliable service is not always wanted(:indian:), what if I wanted to cancel my order, jeez, you didnt even give me a chance, how rude :D
Good job atlarge, appreciate the excellent service.

Progress Pics:
Heres how to see the new ones(dont know how to use photobucket, so its wierd).
1. Click on link named Pics
2. Click on Link that says "August 30 2006"
3. Give Criticism and bf estimations.

Pics (http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/con_nick/)

Have fun readin and judgin me.

Eszekial
08-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Ok, lots of questions and lots of answers that are very gray area :D Basically, you can ask all the experts some of these questions and you are going to get a lot of conflicting answers, even from "the best."

I don't find cheat meals to be very effective, especially after pro-longed periods of fasting, unless you do them weekly. More effective would be to go on a week long maintenance period... Maintenance seemed like backtracking to me, because i wasn't "losing weight," but in retrospect, it helps out A TON, in the long run. If you feel it's time to "cheat," do it in moderation and for 3-4 days to a week. Your metabolism and goals will thank you.

*this is coming from the kid who fasted for so long, that he got sick constantly and eventually couldn't get a boner or sleep because his hormones were so bad... So learn from my bad experience.

If you just want to do a cheat day, then i would 1) definetly take advantage of the anabolic window, and work out that day.

I recently did the UD2 diet with some succes, and it actually has you deplete for 3 days before a cheat day. Basically that means 75 carbs or less, and high rep, high set, work out days. This basically protects from fat regain on the cheat day. All carbs get allocated to glycogen replenishment instead of fat storage.

Basically, what would occur, is you would eat very low cals for 3-4 days, like 1200, then on the 4th day, you would do a heavy workout and eat about 7000 calories. Typically, you would feel bloated,fat, the next day.. But with this scheme, you wake up and you just look yoked and full. You actually see the depletion and replenishment on your body. Kinda cool, nice trick.

Cardio pre and post is also heavily debated. I'm assuming you are meaning SS (sustained state), and not HIIT (High intensity interval training). Sustained state is jogging and HIIT is more sprinting. Some people will tell you that it's best to be fasted for cardio, others will say it's best to take in some sugar or protein.

Personally, i find muscle precious to me. I will have about 12-24 grams of protein with water or maybe some milk before a cardio session. I would limit carbs as they aren't necessary for SS. People will argue that the insulin spike caused by protein (yes, even by protein) and by carbohydrates will effect cachelhome (adrenaline) from mobilizing fat, which is true.. However, the laws of thermodynamics refute this point in the long run. Post cardio nutrtion? Probably just more of the same, or a meal...

As far as your progress, fantastic! You are a classic skinny - fat, heading on his way to just skinny :D BF%? I'd say about 15%. 15% and less is where i started to really see some changes in my physique. Be excited! I'd say get down to 13% then start bulking! The extra muscle will really make a difference in your current physique. You have a long ways to go, but you are cleary doing it right and making a ton of progress! I'm excited for you, as You are where I was 6 months ago, and i remember how amazing it felt to finally be proud of looking at myself in the mirror, and even as shameful as it is, to not mind taking your shirt off in front of the opposite sex, and not minding when they ask to feel your body... Forgive me, i'm vain.

Coke
08-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Didn't realize how good Eszekial is with the written word, lol - great advice given...gonna really have to experiment with the dieting since everyone is so different. Doing well with the sessions, this was a good back and chest outing.

Eszekial
08-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Didn't realize how good Eszekial is with the written word, lol - great advice given...gonna really have to experiment with the dieting since everyone is so different. Doing well with the sessions, this was a good back and chest outing.

Absolutely solid point. Yes, everybody is very different. For me in particular, it took me a while to find out that i was a) Very carb sensative, as in they bloat me fast, b) had below average maintenance calories c) Did not, and do not, need or prescribe to the 1g of protein per LBM, but find it essential to get .5g of fat per lbm.

Con
08-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Coke - You and me both, but im glad i got him and ofcourse you here. Thanks for encouragement and im finally comin out of my shell with diet, gonna experiment and finally find whats good for me.

Zek - Wow! Thanks for the great reply.
-Honestly Its not that I wat a cheat day(diet part comes kinda easy to me) but I was hopin for a way to get the metabolism fired up.
-UD2 might be in my future(next cut)
-Reason im askin about cardio nutriton is cuz ama have gym 3 days a week, and we sumtimes run, football, basketball and I just wanna supplement the right foods. Maybe a Protein drink before and after?
-Gonna take your advise and see what happens.

So a review of the changes to game plan:
-Cut to 12%(13 seems a little too high still)
-Probably take a week of maintenace cals: should I start on my first workout day and then go until my fourth? Then next day drop cals again?(would be at maintenace for 5 days)
-Wait patiently for the bulk, I wanna expad my abs region, hate how it looks.

Thanks guys, things are really startin to fall into place.

ddegroff
08-30-2006, 01:24 PM
If your worried about your metabolism crashing listen to Zek he is one of the few that has actually ate 1500cals or less for a long period of time. A week of maintenance will really do some good.

Now that its getting closer to winter, when were you thinking of Bulking? I would say you could use some good mass on ya anyway.

Con
08-30-2006, 01:29 PM
Prolly will do a week of maintenance, just not sure when, and i also gotta estimate my maintenacne(never took time to find out :redface: ).

I really wanna lose sum more bf. I got my supps and nutrion in place, so I wanna see if it can get to about 12% then bulk up in winter. Also gotta order that UD2 book. Sounds interestin and might wanna give it a whirl next year.

Con
08-31-2006, 07:55 AM
August 31, 2006

Uhhhhhh, sadly this time next week, I will not be writing up my squat workout. I will be in school :cry: ---nah im kinda exicted, wanna see whats goin on this year.

Workout:

Squats:

175 x 5
175 x 5
175 x 5
175 x 5
175 x 5---On the last rep, form broke down just a tiny bit

Was a lot more focused than usual, I had a better workout because of it.

Leg Press:

3pps x 8
3pps x 8
3pps x 8

Didnt lock out and these were kinda hard, like the way they felt.

Leg Curls:

80 x 15
80 x 15
80 x 15

I remember when I was strugglin for 70's, now 80s are gettin easy :D.

Seated Alternating Bicep curl:

35 x 3--I forgot leg curls, so I had to break apart this one set
30 x 4
25 x 5
40 x 3
35 x 4
30 x 5

Hammer Curls:

25 x 8
25 x 8
25 x 8

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well today started off nicely, I realzied a couple things between yesterday and today
-Ive been lookin for progress in the wrong places. For example, in my physique I been lookin at stomache and love handles, but I know these are the last placed to see results.
-Another example is in my wrkouts. I really only been lookin at the big 3. They have improved but I have improved other places as well like my leg curls, chins, GMs and Lunges.

So I little eye opener for me today. Had a lot more on my mind but ill save it for later maybe.

Thanks for droppin by.

Anthony
08-31-2006, 08:08 AM
Well today started off nicely, I realzied a couple things between yesterday and today
-Ive been lookin for progress in the wrong places. For example, in my physique I been lookin at stomache and love handles, but I know these are the last placed to see results.
-Another example is in my wrkouts. I really only been lookin at the big 3. They have improved but I have improved other places as well like my leg curls, chins, GMs and Lunges.

Good points! The first place we gain fat is the last place we lose fat. So don't get discouraged when those places are slow to change. I still have damn lovehandles, lol!

And you're also right about progress. Not everything improves at the same time or the same rate. Obviously we all want our big movements to go up, but we also have to appreciate when the smaller movements go up too. Hell, sometimes those are the only things that go up!

Coke
09-01-2006, 05:16 AM
Smooth raise up with your hams Nick, that is sweet...good leg day overall, nice curls too for those bi's guy.

Con
09-01-2006, 06:21 AM
Anthony - Welcome to my journal :cool:. Yea it hit me like a brick wall, especially after takin some pics, that all progress cant be so easily noticed since they're not in the places I was lookin. Thanks for stoppin by.

Coke - Curlin is the most boring part tho, only reason I can keep motivated is because its the end of my session :rolleyes:.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, well I went to work last night and I found out my schedule. Im workin thursday, and friday right after school. Also sunday at about the same time. This pissed me off since its messin with my workout shcedule thats been in place for almost 2 months. Only good thing. is I Know I will be workin the same days now so there wont be any surprises.

To get around the gay schedulin at work, I was think of doin one of 2 things:
-Push Wednesday's and Thursday's workouts to Tuesday and Wednesday. Take thursday and friday off, then go back for last 2 workouts on weekend.

or

-Do my workouts this weekend, then Dont do anything Until, Saturday(DEads), and resume the normal routine. It would leave me with workout days of Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Plus side to this is an extra 2 days of rest and also feelin lazy as hell since I wont be doin anything for 5 days.

Any suggestions welcome.

Then next week, Regardless of which I do, I am goin on maintenance cals, startin on my Deadlift day. Was thinkin 2800 cals on workout days, 2600 on my off day. Then When I come back, I want to change up diet justa little bit, gettin more carbs into diet and seein how my body responds.

Well Thats the plan, any obvious answers are welcome.

Off to get my haircut(I look like such a bum)

ddegroff
09-01-2006, 09:04 AM
Nice workout keep it up!

As far as when you should workout, just play with. For the next few weeks just get in there when you can. Then you know when you can and can't make it.

Con
09-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Yea, I might stop bein so anal, and just get in there, an extra day in the middle of the workouts shouldnt be a big deal, and I dont get doms usualy, so recovery for deads and squats should be fine.

Also my creatine should be here today, so all supps are basically in place, got my multi, my dex, whey(gotta get more) and soon creatine. Let the fatt loss begin :D.

Eszekial
09-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Fish oil?

Con
09-01-2006, 09:15 AM
:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Im cheap, fish oil in a couple weeks, tryin to save some money from each check, im only 17 ya bastard :D

Eszekial
09-01-2006, 09:20 AM
:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Im cheap, fish oil in a couple weeks, tryin to save some money from each check, im only 17 ya bastard :D

Check out puritain.com

having a super sale right now! Start looking under the couch and begging your parents :D

Con
09-01-2006, 12:39 PM
How dare you Eszekial!

I say again; HOW DARE YOU GET ME TO PURCHASE SOMETHING ON SALE THAT WILL BENEFIT MY CUT AND MY GENERAL HEALTH :scratch:

Yea, well I just placed my order, and just waitin for confirmation thats order has been processed and my fish oil is on its way.

Eszekial
09-01-2006, 12:40 PM
lol
I meant to spend about $10 there, then ended up spending $50. Deal too good to miss.

Bought about 3 months supply of zinc for like $10.

Con
09-01-2006, 12:44 PM
Yea, i noticed you sayin something about zinc in another thread, why do you think its so important?

DumbellDude
09-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Good workouts. You're doing the right things Nick.

Con
09-02-2006, 02:46 PM
September 2, 2006

Workout:

Chins:

BW x 4---Close to 5
BW x 3
BW x 3

Pullups:

BW x 1
BW x 2
BW x 2

Cant get as high as I want to. Its annoying.

Hammer Strength Rows:

50ps x 8
50ps x 8
50ps x 8

Bent Over Laterals:

10 x 10
10 x 10

Arnold Presses:

40 x 3
35 x 4
30 x 5
45 x 3
40 x 4
35 x 5

Side Laterals:

15 x 8
15 x 8
15 x 8

3 sets of Farmers walks
3 sets of Prayer crunches---midsection was killin me.

Dumbell: Thanks man, hope I can keep up with everythign tho, school is comin and now ****s really about to get busy for me.

Some random questions/comments:
-Might start doing my RDLs with dumbells. I saw a kid in he gym doin them that way, and they looked good, might give it a try.
-Gonna make sure my form is right on cable pressdowns tommorow.
-Anyone else have your shoulders killin you after pullups/chins? I read a thread about "activating" you lats more somehow but cant find it. Anyone know what im talkin about?

Peace guys.

Natetaco
09-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Nice job on the workout. Though I would recammend not doing chins and pullups the same session. Pick one and you can track your progress better. later dood

Nosaj
09-03-2006, 04:18 AM
Hey bro. I've never had the shoulder issue with pullups/chins. You look like you're doing really good with all the lateral lifts, but maybe add in some front db raises. I have been stuck at 30-35lb front raises for a while, but seems to be strong enough to avoid pullup/chinup shoulder problems. You're doing great, lifts look good all around.

I noticed you were looking into reducing bf% a bit more. Don't worry too much about suppliments other than whey, sometimes we can shift our focus from the basics and start thinking too much about powders and pills that are only a SMALL FRACTION of what really matters. I know you're a smart guy, just reminding you, stick to the basics, calorie is king.

Keep it up, awesome progress!!! :nod:

Con
09-03-2006, 02:26 PM
September 3, 2006

Workout:

DB RDLs:

60's x 5
65's x 5
70's x 5
75's x 5
80's x 5---kinda bad form, and poor grip.
80's x 3--Better, but now a whole lot

I kinda like these, saw a kid doin them yesterday, watched his form and I think I can feel a pull when I do these. Think ill stick wit em.

GMs:

75 x 8
75 x 8
85 x 8

Think What I will do it take me max from these previous session and they will be my first 2 sets. Then raise by ten pounds for my last set. Ill keep doin this until form suffers or I cant do them any higher.

DB Lunges:

40's x 12
40's x 12
45's x 10---Get off meh!!!!!! :windup:

I win :D:clap:

Dips:

BW x 4
BW x 4
BW x 3
BW x 2 :( Failed on third one, im kinda goin backwards.
BW x 2

I had a thought of failin on that last rep and Im not sure if it was the 1 min breaks or my negative thinkin but look what happened. Since Ive had a failure set in each week for my dips, ama lower my reps and see how I feel ina few weeks.

Cable PressDowns:

75 x 8
75 x 8
75 x 8

Nate - Isnt the only difference between these the extra bicep help in chins? I understand your thinkiin about trackin progress but ill see.

Nosaj - Yea Thanks man, workouts feel good, gonna try and be more consistent than gettin PRs every few weeks. I also Get ya on the basics; it all comes down to diet, sleep, and a good routine. My dex, mutlivitamin and fish oil will all just supplement my diet. My creatine is just from recommendation :rolleyes:. So then its come down to gettin it in, in the gym and gettin the rest in, which I think I can do. Thanks for the reminder.

DGabe24
09-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Awesome awesome job Con!!! Way to give those lunges hell ;)

DumbellDude
09-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Nice workout Nick. So you'll feel the difference on your hamstrings with the GMs? Make sure form is 100% with those.

Natetaco
09-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Close grip chins will get your lats wide dude. The chins do use more biceps yes but they also hit the back a little differently then pullups. Pullups require more rear delt work. I would recammend sticking to pullups or chinups and tracking your progress, or alternating sessions maybe to switch it up.

Con
09-04-2006, 04:33 AM
September 4, 2006

Ahh, up early as hell when I dont have to be, hope I have this prob thursday when I go back to school.

Weight situation:

Short and sweet, I weighed in at 171, a net loss of 1 pound for the last 2 weeks.

After my weigh in tho, im kinda reluctant to start maintenance cals, I am obviously still losin weight, not sure, but ill decide later, since if i decide to do maintance cas ill start tommrow.

Dgabe - You gotta show em whos boss, and they got it bad!

Dumbell - I actually keep fogettin to right this. I can feel a stretch but I believe these are a combination of my hips and hams. I also realized i mighta not been leanin back far enough this time, but ill get that next time. On the other hand I believe my form is identical to the guys out of those exercize vidoes.

Nate - Ahhh, no now it all comes out, I think Ill atlernate monthly, this month will be chins, thanks for advise.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fustration:
Well yesterday was the first time me and my mom got in a real fight(verbal). Ive been holding my toungue lately, especially after the other day when we sorta bonded, but yesterday I said i cant do it anymore and kinda lost it. Upset about that, but she doesnt make life any easier.

I also Realized im almost scared to eat. I know its wierd but its true, lemme explain. The only things I eat a lot of in the house are the expensive, high protein things. Cans of chicken and bags of chicken, and my mom said something to me one time about eatin up all the chicken and it got to me. So its like an everday struggle to get protein needs in, annoyin and kinda wierd when I think about it.

Well, ama chill on WBB for a while, goin out later, gotta get sum **** for school, ttyl guys.

Coke
09-04-2006, 04:37 AM
Past two back-to-back efforts were very nice bro...like the swtich up to the db deads.

Con
09-05-2006, 07:49 AM
September 5, 2006

Workout:

DeadLifts:

205 x 8
225 x 8
235 x 5
235 x 5

DB Rows:

50 x 10
50 x 10
50 x 10

BB Bench:

125 x 8
125 x 8
135 x 4
135 x 3-----3rd rep was swayn so I didnt try for the 4th

DB Incline:

35 x 8
35 x 8
35 x 8

Like te control over these and I felt it just like always in the tris.

Superset
3 sets of calves

Coke - Yea, it sumthing different and i liked how it felt, well while I was doin them anyway, my hams are killin me.

Extras(if ur interested):

-Ive always forgot to write this but my hams are always tight as hell, sualy it doesnt bother me much but yesterday after tryin basket ball i hated the feelin.
-I realized small doesnt always look good, cut with some muscle looks good. Cant wait to bulk. I wanna be like 180-190 with like 10% bf, maybe lower.
-I also realized I wanna be agile, i hate slumpin around sumtimes.
-Pretty sure I have a food intolerance for milk, last night wasnt pretty when I got home from the movies.
-Gotta start my god dman online course today(2 days before school actually starts)

Well Thats the start to my day. Im gonna do 6 days of maintenace and then get back to cals on monday. Im pretty sure its gonna be 2700 on workout days, and 2500 on rest days. These numbers look reasonable? too high? too low?

LEMME KNOW! Have a good one guys.

Eszekial
09-05-2006, 08:41 AM
I'd say lower both calorie marks by 100. If you go by weight x 15, you're still less than at a 100 calorie defecit, which will mean less than a lbs a week (if you don't cheat).

Solid work on the deadlifts. Looks like it's time to start doing a warm-up set and also time to increase your weight.

Con
09-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Only stopped in to see what the mighty zek said,and thanks for the props. I been tryin to better warmups for everythign lately, for deadlifts, I do a few with 135 then cranlk up the weight.

About the cals, thans for the suggestion, was thinkin those cals maybe a bit high. And just to clarify what you said about cals, you took my lowest weight, 171 *15 and came up with the recommeneded cals?

Thanks again Zek, after my meal of oats and peas im nice and full, and rdy for a nap :D. But i gotta check out my online course.

Check u later.

Eszekial
09-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Right. I actually feel like i need a bw x13 to reach my maintenance. I put on weight fast and i sit at a desk all day... But because you are at school and probably move a lot more then I do, x15 might be appropriate.

Everything you said was correct, and hurry up with that online stuff so you can take a nap :D

ddegroff
09-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Still hittin' the weights hard, keep it up!

Glad to see the bulk in your future.

DumbellDude
09-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Good lifts Nick. DON'T BE AFRAID TO EAT !!! :burger:
And it's ok to loose it from time to time, just don't do it all the time - it will lead you nowhere (that from a guy with a very short-fused temper... I'm Mediterranean you see :D)

Coke
09-06-2006, 05:18 AM
Good back and chest training followed up with some calves and abs...fine stuff Nick.

Con
09-06-2006, 07:42 AM
September 6, 2007

School and work tommorow, yay!!!! :whiner:

Workout:

Squats:

bar x 10
135 x 8
155 x 4
175 x 6
175 x 6
175 x 6------Felt wobbly on last 2
175 x 6------Felt really strong on these

Superset
Leg press:
3pps x 8
3pps x 8
3pps x 8
Lying Leg Curl:
80 x 15
80 x 15
80 x 15

Seated Alternating Bicep Curl:

35 x 3
30 x 4
25 x 5
40 x 3
35 x 4
30 x 5

Ummm, i really dont like these for some reason. I use a lot of body english to get the 40's. The 35's ar questionable. The bicep is a small muscle so i might just lower the weight.

Hammer Curls:

25 x 8
25 x 8
25 x 8

Realized I was alternating these but never said it, this time I did both arms for 1 rep. Felt harder.

Zek - Thank you very much, i never tooka nap, got into readin first chapter for my class and surprisingly im interested in it. Its about Egypt and other early civiilations and it just went well with me.

DDeg - Yea, tryin every time, dont wanna slack up, maybe if i put hard work and drive myself nuts now, by next summer i can be chillin at the pool with a 6 pack and some real biceps :D

Dumbell - I dont wanna be fat tho!!!!!!! :cry:---Hehe, just tryin to be strict about stuff, i get paranoid when Im not for the most part in control of my own situation.

Coke - As always, thanks you very much.

Supps:
-Creatine came yesterday. I put it in my oatmeal this morning, but after doin some searchin, ama put it in my PWO shake, startin this weekend.
-Fish oil should be here at the latest by tuesday. That if it even when trhough, never got a confirmation email, only one sayin that my order was being processed.
-When the time comes, I was wondrin about different prices of protein. Supplement direct has a pretty good deal, even with shippin and handling it comes out to a better deal than im gettin at sams club, and im sure a better product. Any reccomendations on where to go?

Some Random stuff:
-Went out shoppin the past 2 days(gotta look fresh :hump: ) and im proud, only went over my limit i made for myself by 10 dollars, 9 of them were from lendin money to stepfather.
-Was thinkin of tryin to get some more quad exercizes in, not sure, might wanna try hack squats.

Paranoid:

Ok this happens almost everytime i eat sumthing thats I dont normally eat. I had some chick peas, I used this (http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/cgi-bin/list_nut_edit.pl)site to get some info. I measured and weighed out my peas(i love them now btw). Came to 1.5 cups, but only 255 grams. Maybe im makin **** too complicated, but what do you guys do for new foods? I ended up using can nutritional facts since they were close to the grams facts.

Any commenst about how im afraid to eat and being retarted are welcome, but also squeeze in an opinion on which I should use. :D

Peace out for now guys, gonna comment journals.

Coke
09-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Nice job there with the several sets of squats at 175lbs, hanging real well...on the alternate db curls, may want to try them standing - that is the way I perfer doing them as opposed to sitting down.

DPS nutrition is pretty good with prices for all items except those from here (AtLarge nutrition) of course - ;)

Con
09-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Well, between cookin and measuring damn near all my food tommorow, i lost an hour, and gained a lot of anxiety. I might need to start seriously thinkin about gettin some shakes and just sipin them through the day. I just dont like combining all 3 macros in a meal anymore. Well see.

Coke - Alright, ill try that next time, and thanks, squats felt nice. Not sure when im gonna plan and go up on them tho, might have consistency be my new goal, school already see,s to be takin its toll on time and I havent even had my first day. And im sure atlarge rocks, thats why i got my multi from them.

getfit
09-06-2006, 10:41 AM
wow 175! way to go Con! :)

ddegroff
09-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Nice work!

Keep workin' on that form 'till is perfect!

hard work and drive myself nuts now, by next summer i can be chillin at the pool with a 6 pack and some real biceps

I hear ya on that one!

DumbellDude
09-09-2006, 12:22 AM
You're doing great buddy. Great lifts.

For prepared food, I'd go with the nutrition label on the can.

tigo
09-09-2006, 02:26 AM
excelent lifts man

im with dbdude, with stuff that is premade, i use can label, but i use the amount they list in (g), becuase i feel that it's just more accurate since they round oz to the nearest 0.5

Nosaj
09-09-2006, 04:11 AM
Excellent work Con, everything is looking great. You really seem to be taking the time and energy to maximize your diet and workout routine, gonna pay off really well in the long run. Great efforts bro, you're a machine!!! :D

Con
09-09-2006, 08:15 AM
September 9, 2006

Only been like 2 days since I been on here and it feels like forever.

Workout:

Close Grip Chins:

BW x 3
BW x 3
BW x 3
BW x 3
BW x 2

Hammer Strength Rows:

55ps x 8
55ps x 8
55ps x 8

Bent Over Lateral raises:

10 x 10
10 x 10

Arnold Presses:

40 x 3
35 x 4
30 x 5
45 x 3
40 x 4
35 x 5

Realized I use back of seat as leverage, is that ok or is that considered bad form?

Lateral Raises:

15 x 8
15 x 8
15 x 8

Farmers Walks:

80's x 1 set
80's x 1 set
75's x 1 set

Left Hand failed on all threee sets, wasnt happy about this.

3 Sets of Prayer Crunches

Besides the farmers walks, was a nice workout.

Getfit - Thank you very much, you beast of a lady you :D

DDeg - Yup, form is objective, and the higher volume does appeal to me somewhat, but startin to miss higher weights, so dependin on how hectic my schedule is, ill crank up the weights soon.

Dumbell - Gotcha, this time ill listen. For the chicken and tuna, i kept weighin it out with very minor differenced than what I had been gettin, so im drivin myself insane over a few cals that will not matter in the long run. Thanks for suport.

albant0r - I see, ill go with that then for stuff out of a can besides the tuna and chicken. Thanks for stoppin by.

Jason - Hehe, thanks man, gettin called a machine from a tank is a great compliment :D.

Getting up to date in Nick's Life:

-Started school thursday, and worked thrusday and friday. Friday they needed me for an extra hour, but i didnt mind the extra 8 dollars :smoke:

-When I went back to school, got a few comments on how im lookin thinner. They werent like omg nick you look great, one was like "nick got thinner again"(got kinda fat when i tryed to bulk last year). Sis also said my chest is lookin better but she prolly wanted sumthing. So muscle is objective for the winter

-Extra cals this week seem like on a dman bulk, with my schedule, ill be happy to lower cals, itll be easier. The bulk has gotta be like all liquid cals for me.

-6 Days of maintenace is goin alright tho(5th day today). Some of the meals combine Fat, Protein and carbs, but w/e, im a little busier than I was in the summer.

-Online course seems doable, I gotta do everything today, and I will get some help from history teacher, I saw him today at the gym.

-Orderin my protein from suppdirect and then all money is being saved for a while.

Well Thats whats goin on, I gotta make some food, and check out some journals, then im knee deep in some hoemwork I should be back later tho. Thansk for support guys.

TwiloMike
09-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Nice workout there, Con. Do you do your BO Laterals both shoulders simultaneously or one at a time? It seems to me that you can prolly do more than 10lbs/arm.

I don't consider using the seat back as leverage to be bad form necessarily- it does minimize core involvement in stabilizing you. I use a seat back. I will try a full course of seat-back-less presses when I switch up my workouts again.

By school do you mean high school or college? How old are ya?

Con
09-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Actually after readin Getfirts journal, im not even doin BO lateral raises. Im doin like some rear delotid raise or something, check her journal out, i even asked for a vid of the correct BO lateral raise.

I see, I think ll switch it soon, to get some more of my core in the action.

Im 17, and im a senior in high school,my online course is from ACCC so i get some college credits for it, which is a good opportunity. I might even go to ACCC for the next half of the year if things go well.

Well im off to get my dirty ass in the shower and do chores/homework. Peace out for now.

Coke
09-09-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm sure peeps at school thought you looked great while you slimmed down, they're just being cool about it - :D

That is a damn good session Nick.

Con
09-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Coke - Hehe, if only I had charisma. But obviously cuttin is workin so im happy about that. Session felt pretty good, got to talk to teacher afterward and go some tips for my online course

-Speakin of online course, I got 2 out of 3 of my assignents done. Last one shouldnt take long, as soon as the teacher sends me a message back ill start(he shoulda sent me something by now).

-Ordered protein, gotta clean up room so I can put it all somewhere.

-Im likin the extra carbs in my diet, when I lower cals again, I will keep carbs about the same, and just lower the fats.

-On Ondemand there are so many songs I like listenin to, ama listen to em befre I go to the gym to get me pumped(maybe next time i spoil myself Ill get an ipod).

DumbellDude
09-09-2006, 07:10 PM
feels great when other people make comments on your appearence!
can't wait to go back home and see what my folks think...

ment to ask you: did you ask if your gym will get some boxes for box squats?

Con
09-10-2006, 07:39 AM
September 10, 2006

Workout:

DB RDLs:

65 x 5
70 x 7
75 x 5
75 x 5
75 x 5

Didnt get a pull like last time, so overall they felt kind easy, cept for the grip of my left hand.

GMs:

85 x 8
85 x 8
95 x 8

On the set of 95 I felt this like no other in my abs. I was wonderin if this was bad form, so i thought id ask. Will prolly do these same numbers next time and make sure form is in check, pretty sure it was today but id rather check.

DB Lunges:

45 x 10
45 x 10
45 x 10

Well I think the creatine is making me superhuman or something :D. I did these and although my knee was tapin every so slightly sometimes, it was quite easy. Ill remedy the knee tappin next week fo sho!

Dips:

BW x 3
BW x 3
BW x 3
BW x 3
BW x 3

Btw this is the type of Dip (http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Triceps/WtTriDip.html) im doing

Cable Pressdowns:

75 x 8
75 x 8
75 x 8

Dumbell - yea makes me think "well dman all this was worth it afterall" :nod:. I was thinkin of askin if the lady(owner) could get one but i forgot today and anyway she wasnt even there. I guess I can ask.

Something That I was was funny:
My Threads (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/search.php?searchid=803782)
I was reading through some posts and saw my questiosn when I first came here, and im pleased with how much ive learned. Think its my biggest progress to date.

Well so far so good with school, i was kinda distracted with workin out today cuz I was thinkin about the first chapter of my online history class. I was tryin to really retain the knowledge and realized I was mixin up the info. Later when I turn in my last assignment ama take a look at the chapter again and get the facts staright, I can already see it gonna be driving me insane.