PDA

View Full Version : How do you fix your meats?

Haaji Dont Surf
07-03-2006, 12:41 AM
As the title states, how do you fix your meats? I fix my meat/poultry on my George Foreman grill.. It always comes out so dry and boring.. I need ways to add flavor/taste to it.. Not so dry and bland.

JustLost
07-03-2006, 05:57 AM
As the title states, how do you fix your meats? I fix my meat/poultry on my George Foreman grill.. It always comes out so dry and boring.. I need ways to add flavor/taste to it.. Not so dry and bland.

It sounds like you might simply be cooking stuff for too long. ANyway, here are the methods I use most often.

lean ground beef: make into patties and cook in a lightly oiled skillet, or make a meat loat

pork loin, beef round & sirloin : roast in the oven or on a charcoal grill

London Broil (aka top round): charcoal grill or pan broil

chicken breasts: charcoal grill, pan broil, or poach in chicken stock

Clifford Gillmore
07-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Chicken breast; Butterfly and grill.

I'll make up a quick picture guide tomorrow night for some killer chicken ideas.

KingWilder
07-03-2006, 07:24 AM
I cook on the Foreman as well since I can't have a grill at my apartment and everything usually comes out wonderful. Buy a spice rack and some garlic powder/and or salt and use it, or get some marinades.

kad
07-03-2006, 07:38 AM
When I was living in my house at college I cooked meat on my george foreman. Sometimes it came out dry, but that's usually an indication of cooking it too long. Just slice the meat down the middle during cooking and check it periodically. Now that I'm home for the summer I cook my meat on the gas grill. Sometimes I marinade it, but usually I just throw some Emeril's Essence seasoning on it.

KingWilder
07-03-2006, 08:53 AM
I like Emeril's "lemon rosemary and gaahlic" marinade for chicken

bigleaguechu
07-03-2006, 11:56 AM
yeah I cook my chicken on the foreman and its fine, I live in an apt as well, in NJ you are not allowed to have a real grill gas/coal/or elec unless you live on the first floor. I season it with Mrs Dash, no sodium. I usually cut it into thin slices so that it doesn't cook long and monitor it frequently so that I can tell if its cook enough.