PDA

View Full Version : Chicken

covert187
07-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Hey does anyone know where you can buy chicken breast that aren't these huge tasteless hunks of junk? I've been to Meijer and Kroger and all their chickens are these huge mutant chicken breast, and they taste god awful. I've been grilling chicken for well over 10 years now and in the past 2 year all I can find are there huge chicken breast.

I go to any applebees and get served small reasonable grilled chicken breast, but every grocery store I vistit has these huge tumors they are posing as chicken breast.

Any help much appriecated.

shoot4dabigtime
07-03-2006, 03:28 PM
check out sam's club. they have tyson chicken breasts, which are good. i suppose you could find the tyson brand somewhere else, but sam's is reasonable.

MagnaSephiroth
07-03-2006, 04:36 PM
I buy chicken from a local farm (they are state farm raised) and they are tastey and good for you :)

TurboRush91
07-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Find a local butcher.. if they are any good they will be more then willing to cut any piece of meat to your liking.

I hit up a local butcher for all my meats... they always have the best tasting stuff and will cut it anyway, any size I ask.

MagnaSephiroth
07-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Where exactly do you live? If you live in the Northwest (washington/oregon) or very close to these states, I would highly recommend Foster Farms chicken. Awesome stuff.

ddegroff
07-05-2006, 11:31 PM
check out whole foods or some organic store, they don't use hormones and such. I get my foster farms at my local grocery store, both are good.

Nosaj
07-06-2006, 01:24 AM
Poultry snob alert! :)

covert187
07-06-2006, 10:03 AM
I live in Cincy, I just can't believe how nasty chicken is anymore. The Chicken breast I've been buying at Kroger I could feed a villiage with them!!! They don't even fit on a Hamburger bun anymore, and they don't taste right.

I didn't even think to check with the local butcher, I tend to just go there for steak.

Marnie
07-06-2006, 10:43 AM
check out whole foods or some organic store, they don't use hormones and such. I get my foster farms at my local grocery store, both are good.
I agree. Organic chicken is invariably allowed to roam free, which is more humane, and also means they are a healthier bird = better meat.

Margin Of Error
07-06-2006, 11:17 AM
I agree. Organic chicken is invariably allowed to roam free, which is more humane, and also means they are a healthier bird = better meat.

Absolutely, in commercial farms the chickens arent allowed to move which is why you get that textureless crap.