PDA

View Full Version : I can't... Take it anymore!!

John04Civic
07-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Seriously, I am sitting at work today and had MASSIVE hunger pangs. I thought for about 20 minutes I was going to be sick.

This dieting is kicking my ass. I can't even eat anything that is truly filling unless is carb heavy (at least to my knowledge so far).

I do not konw what to do. I am |------| that close to saying F it and going back to a bulk.

My job is a desk job, so I sit on the computer all day doing work. What should I do? I really am losing my mind. Here is what I eat nearly every day (some variation)

Bfast: 3 Eggs

Morning Snack: PB Sandwich

Lunch: PB Sandwich

Dinner: 1/2 lb hamburger meat, 2 slices of chese

Post workout (If working out): MRP

Late night snack (occasionally): 12 oz tuna

What should I do. I need new food, because this stuff is driving me NUTS. Can anyone please give me some suggestions on food ideas that will not make me have hunger pangs?

getfit
07-03-2006, 05:50 PM
have a bag full of nuts with you, cottage cheese, fruit.

ShockBoxer
07-03-2006, 05:51 PM
If that's the cals you need dead on you can

a) Suck it up, soldier. Dieting isn't easy. That's why fatasses don't stick to it.
b) Give your poor starving body a break and eat at maintenance for a week
c) Run screaming into the wilds and take a bite out of a bear, drooling and yelling 'proooooteeeeeeeein'
d) Increase your fats at the cost of decreasing your abundant carbs and see if that works for you (carbs make me hungry, fats make me sleepy)

RedSpikeyThing
07-03-2006, 05:54 PM
If that's the cals you need dead on you can

a) Suck it up, soldier. Dieting isn't easy. That's why fatasses don't stick to it.
b) Give your poor starving body a break and eat at maintenance for a week
c) Run screaming into the wilds and take a bite out of a bear, drooling and yelling 'proooooteeeeeeeein'
d) Increase your fats at the cost of decreasing your abundant carbs and see if that works for you (carbs make me hungry, fats make me sleepy)

I vote for c

Bob
07-03-2006, 06:14 PM
John... r u using FitDay.com?
B/c that diet doesn't even look healthy or sufficient for anyone over about 100 lbs... I think you are starving yourself too much.

Mercuryblade
07-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Spread your food out more. Split those sandwiches into two meals, same with the burger, it won't make things easy, but it'll make things easier.

John04Civic
07-03-2006, 06:20 PM
John... r u using FitDay.com?
B/c that diet doesn't even look healthy or sufficient for anyone over about 100 lbs... I think you are starving yourself too much.
Yes I have the program.

I just am not wanting to get too many carbs. My job is seated all day, so "burning" doesn't really occur when I walk to the printer if you get my drift.

I guess I just need to figure out maintanance cals and then things will improve, its just during the workday when the worst of these hunger pangs occur.

Would eating more fruit during the workday make the pangs stop?

Bob
07-03-2006, 06:26 PM
So what are your macros and total cals?
Cals are cals...
If you aren't getting enough, you are going to be hungry..

I loose weight with anything under 2800 cals..
maintain from 2800 to 3500..
bulk with > 3500..

And I sit on my arse for 10-12 hrs a day.. computer and phone...
If you starve and lose muscle, you will burn less ... and your metabolism will slow too much..

John04Civic
07-03-2006, 06:57 PM
So what are your macros and total cals?
Cals are cals...
If you aren't getting enough, you are going to be hungry..

I loose weight with anything under 2800 cals..
maintain from 2800 to 3500..
bulk with > 3500..

And I sit on my arse for 10-12 hrs a day.. computer and phone...
If you starve and lose muscle, you will burn less ... and your metabolism will slow too much..
I have been talking with some people about this (that know what they are doing), and they claim I should eat more:

How about this setup fellas?

(7:45 a.m.)BFast: 3 Eggs

(9:30 a.m.)Morning Snack: 2 Apples + Protein Drink (110 cals + 20g Protein)

(12:00 p.m. or so)Lunch: PB Sandwich

(2:30 p.m.)Afternoon Snack: Romaine / shredded cheese

(5:30 p.m.) Dinner: 1/2lb. Hamburger meat w/ 2 slices cheese + Protein Drink

(IF working out)

(Postworkout) MRP + Tuna

(If NOT working out)

What should I eat at night?

Macros for mock setup if working out:

Cals: 2,143
Fat: 77g
Carbs: 108g
Protein: 253g (1,049 cals of protein)

getfit
07-03-2006, 06:59 PM
you don't eat anything after 5:30?

have some nuts,cottage cheese

John04Civic
07-03-2006, 07:00 PM
you don't eat anything after 5:30?

have some nuts,cottage cheese

This is on a pretend setup. Usually I have something small like some pork rines or something miscellaneous ( sometimes something I shouldn't have!)

Okay, I will look into that.. Any kind of brand you recommend? I have tomorrow off, so I will have plenty of time to compensate and get this ready for Wednesday!

getfit
07-03-2006, 07:02 PM
cottage cheese brand?

Bob
07-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Man.. I don't see 2000 calories in there... what is in the MRP?

How about a glass of chocolate milk? In the afternoon and before bedtime?

John04Civic
07-03-2006, 07:03 PM
cottage cheese brand?
For Either

and Bearwolf the MRP is GNC Mega MRP..

260 cals
40g protein

Chocolate Milk / Milk sounds like a fantastic idea btw, thank you.

getfit
07-03-2006, 07:05 PM
i buy Liberte cottage cheese 1% and i eat a tub a day

nuts-pecans, cashews,almonds,walnuts

John04Civic
07-03-2006, 07:06 PM
i buy Liberte cottage cheese 1% and i eat a tub a day

nuts-pecans, cashews,almonds,walnuts
Wow a tub!!!

Isn't that a lot (meaning cals / fat wise)?

getfit
07-03-2006, 07:07 PM
well for me no ;) i don't eat it all at once, i snack on it throughout the day.

John04Civic
07-03-2006, 07:15 PM
well for me no ;) i don't eat it all at once, i snack on it throughout the day.
Oh okay, makes sense. I was thinking you sat down after a workout and just ate the whole thing! Forgive my ignorance.

I can safely say these responses have kept me wanting to continue my diet until September (so when things cool down outside I can get back on doing the fun stuff.. Like EATING!).

Thanks for the responses everyone.

John

Built
07-03-2006, 08:35 PM
John, what are your maintenance calories?

Your fats look low to me - I'm cutting, and my fats are usually in the 70 -90g per day range.

John04Civic
07-03-2006, 09:02 PM
John, what are your maintenance calories?

Your fats look low to me - I'm cutting, and my fats are usually in the 70 -90g per day range.
I will get on it first thing tomorrow.. UFC Is on :) and I gotta get some sleep for early Gymtime (limited hours)

Off thetop of my head I would think about 2,400 to 2,500.

MagnaSephiroth
07-03-2006, 09:15 PM
I would suggest appetite suppretion pills and to chew lots of gum throughout the day and whenever you're hungry.

Built
07-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Pay attention to when you're particularly hungry, and budget extra food accordingly. I'm not as hungry in the daytime as I am in the evening, so I undereat a bit in the day so I can overeat a bit at night.

Quattro
07-03-2006, 09:43 PM
I think youre diet might be a bit of the issue. Do you really only have 3 eggs for breakfast? No carbs at all with that? That would leave me feeling hungry all day as well if I didnt have a solid breakfast. Try tweaking your diet a bit to allow you to fit in more food in the morning.

Since your cutting and obviously trying to limit overall calories, Id try to stay away from having beef everyday. Eating poultry or fish will make it much easier to meet your goals. If you really want that hamburger though, try to go with lowfat/nonfat cheese.

And I think that MRP you drink after working out isnt enough calories. If its 260 cals with 40g protein, at the very most there could only be 18 carbs along with it (assuming theres no fat). You should shoot for about twice as much carbs as protein post workout to replenish muscle glycogen storages.

As far as eating at night, you will be sleeping so carbs arnt that important. Whats more important is a slow digesting protein. Anything with casein protein in it, ie cottage cheese, and adding fat will slow down foods digestion so many add fat to their prebed meal as well.

Now for your original question, how to cope with the hunger pains - eat foods that will leave you feeling satisfied. Fiber seems to do this the best for me. For a snack, I wouldnt go for nuts since your trying to cut and theyre very calorie dense. Instead try chewing gum, drinking loads of water (my fav), or chomping down on something thats not calorie dense at all so you dont overshoot cals and contains fiber to leave you feeling full (ie celery).

Cutting isnt easy but just use that six pack you have coming in as motivation. Good luck.

MagnaSephiroth
07-04-2006, 12:14 AM
You know whats filling? OATMEAL Yummy :) Fiber is filling too, so is milk. Basically breakfast is filling :)

McIrish
07-04-2006, 09:00 AM
Seriously, I am sitting at work today and had MASSIVE hunger pangs. I thought for about 20 minutes I was going to be sick.

This dieting is kicking my ass. I can't even eat anything that is truly filling unless is carb heavy (at least to my knowledge so far).

I do not konw what to do. I am |------| that close to saying F it and going back to a bulk.

My job is a desk job, so I sit on the computer all day doing work. What should I do? I really am losing my mind. Here is what I eat nearly every day (some variation)

Bfast: 3 Eggs

Morning Snack: PB Sandwich

Lunch: PB Sandwich

Dinner: 1/2 lb hamburger meat, 2 slices of chese

Post workout (If working out): MRP

Late night snack (occasionally): 12 oz tuna

What should I do. I need new food, because this stuff is driving me NUTS. Can anyone please give me some suggestions on food ideas that will not make me have hunger pangs?

First, John, props on sticking to a diet this tough for this long. Keep it up, man!! Second, try drinking more water throughout the day... many people experience hunger pains when they're actually thirsty.

Con
07-04-2006, 09:39 AM
good suggestions so far. Some thing i would like to second on, unless you are carb cyclin then have some oatmeal in the morning. With those 3 eggs maybe add some egg beaters, that usually my mornin breakfast.

Also what built said, find out when you really arent hungry and when you really are. For example when I was in school, i could easily go the whole day without food, but when I got home I would be hungry like you couldnt imagine, so the cals I didnt make have in school could be eaten when I really was hungry for em.

Gl and stick with it.

John04Civic
07-04-2006, 12:24 PM
First, John, props on sticking to a diet this tough for this long. Keep it up, man!! Second, try drinking more water throughout the day... many people experience hunger pains when they're actually thirsty.
Thank you very much,

I have had GREAT suggestions from everyone so far and I am going to the store to pick up some new food tonight to help through the work day. Also, I will be prioritizing water intake more and more also.

Today has been a weird schedule, but tomorrow I should be able to eat 1/2 way decent again (I'll post up macros tonight)

John04Civic
07-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Howdoes this look for macros guys?

Cals:2489
Fat: 84
Carbs:133
Protein: 286g

(I had fish for an afternoon snack and chicken breast for dinner.. Hence the HUGE #s)

Built
07-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Fats are sufficient; protein is more than sufficient. How did you feel?

John04Civic
07-05-2006, 03:27 PM
A LOT better.

I upped my water intake also. Today was a significant improvement!

I think Bulk time is nearing (Beginning of August instead of September!)....

Thank you (and others!) for all the help.