PDA

View Full Version : Lactose content in nitrean?

Mercuryblade
07-03-2006, 08:19 PM
So what is the lactose content in nitrean? I am lactose intolerant, and always take 2 lactaid with each post workout shake (4 scoops nitrean, and some water) I do this just to be on the safe side as I am horribly lactose intolerant, and when I do eat dairy without my supplements life sucks for a few hours.
So does the process in which the protein is isolated from whey reduce the amount of lactose? How much lactose is on one scoop when compared to a 8oz glass of milk.
The reason I ask is damn lactaid is expensive, and if I don't have to use as much as I am, then I won't.
Thanks.

chris mason
07-04-2006, 06:45 AM
So what is the lactose content in nitrean? I am lactose intolerant, and always take 2 lactaid with each post workout shake (4 scoops nitrean, and some water) I do this just to be on the safe side as I am horribly lactose intolerant, and when I do eat dairy without my supplements life sucks for a few hours.
So does the process in which the protein is isolated from whey reduce the amount of lactose? How much lactose is on one scoop when compared to a 8oz glass of milk.
The reason I ask is damn lactaid is expensive, and if I don't have to use as much as I am, then I won't.
Thanks.

There is a small amount of lactose in Nitrean. We have had customers who were lactose intolerant state that Nitrean did not bother them as much as other products. I suggest you try reducing the Lactaid and see what happens. I do not think you can get away with none but you may find that a 1/2 dose works fine.

Chris

Vayu
07-04-2006, 10:37 PM
I thought I was lactose intolerant until I started eating nitrean. Ever since I was a kid a glass of milk would pretty much screw me up. It seems like the more active I am the more lactose I can digest.

Additionally, ever since putting the stuff in skim milk, it did not bother me. One day I ran out of milk and the only other milk available in the city was whole milk. I drank the whole milk, and have been drinking lots of milk for a few weeks which is a record for me.

So.. I don't really know if its the protein or just my increased activity. I built up a tolerance to yogurt cultures before moving on to milk.

Good luck!

Mercuryblade
07-05-2006, 04:31 PM
I built up a tolerance to yogurt cultures before moving on to milk.

There isn't lactose in yogurt, you might have a different kind of sensitivity to dairy that's not lactose intolerance. Lactose intolerance can't be fixed or cured, it's due to an enzyme that the body produces massive quantities as an infant, that gradually declines as we get older, for some people the amount produced declines faster than others, there has been no evidence to suggest there are any ways to stimulate the body to produce more lactase.

EDIT: Thanks for the info Chris

Vayu
07-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Acidophilus yogurt cultures produce the enzyme lactase. This is what lactose intolerant people can't make very well on their own. The yogurt is alive and can be a beneficial symbiont when you are in need of lactose digesting power.