PDA

View Full Version : My birthday...cutting...food...wth do i do!

crazyskater52
07-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Hey everyone, tommarow is my birthday...and my cuzen's...and theres always a ton of food and tons of fireworks... and I'm cutting. I've been deciding when I want to start my clean bulk, I think I will when I get back from vacation from the beach in two weeks...anyway...what do i do?! I havn't gone over my calories or under my protein in a long time and I'm proud of it, I'm debating if a cheat day would be bad or not...and if bad how bad and if not how not? lol...and how much over should I go over if I do?

Built
07-03-2006, 10:02 PM
How long has it been since a cheat day?

I usually plan one every 2-3 weeks.

Enjoy your birthday, get RIGHT back on plan the next day. Try to train tomorrow and the next day if you can - with all that food you'll have some sweet workouts!

Happy birthday!

Quattro
07-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Youve been eating well and keeping your calories at targets levels so why not go ahead and cheat on your bday? Sounds like youve earned it. Just dont go all out and cheat like a mad man. Have a slice of cake, no biggie. And enjoy the fireworks.

MagnaSephiroth
07-03-2006, 11:24 PM
Im in the same boat, I am SCARED of cheat days lol, (although a cheat day for me would probibly be a normal daily intake for you guys haha)

crazyskater52
07-04-2006, 01:49 AM
How long has it been since a cheat day?

I usually plan one every 2-3 weeks.

Enjoy your birthday, get RIGHT back on plan the next day. Try to train tomorrow and the next day if you can - with all that food you'll have some sweet workouts!

Happy birthday!

Last cheat day was 24 days ago (and by that I mean 130 cals over my cut lol). Okay I'll do that...I'll do legs tommarow and I'll do hitts the day after, or should I do chest and back the day after? And thank you very much!

Youve been eating well and keeping your calories at targets levels so why not go ahead and cheat on your bday? Sounds like youve earned it. Just dont go all out and cheat like a mad man. Have a slice of cake, no biggie. And enjoy the fireworks.

Thank you :-) , Yeah I was wondering like what is most I should do if I were to have a cheat day...I know I'm gonna have icecream cake thats no biggie lol, its idk...you guys think if I go over 1000 cals is really bad or 1500?

Im in the same boat, I am SCARED of cheat days lol, (although a cheat day for me would probibly be a normal daily intake for you guys haha)

Yeah, I've always hated cheat days and stuff lol. I saw your posts about that lol. yeah your intake is low, mine is low too but not as low as yours and definitlly now how low you used to be lol...Mine is under 1800.

Quattro
07-04-2006, 02:54 AM
Keep in mind that 1g of fat is 3500 calories, so going over 1500 calories could potentially be adding almost a half pound of body fat. This is what I meant by saying to try not to cheat like a mad man. Maybe try to keep it to only going over a few hundred calories so you dont lose progress cutting. Then just do a bit of extra cardio the next day to help burn off some of the surplus from cheating.

getfit
07-04-2006, 02:58 AM
one day won't make a difference, enjoy your Birthday cake!

crazyskater52
07-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Okay thank you, I'll let you guys know how I do...I know alot of food is gonna be offered today...its gonna be painfull! lol

crazyskater52
07-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Keep in mind that 1g of fat is 3500 calories, so going over 1500 calories could potentially be adding almost a half pound of body fat. This is what I meant by saying to try not to cheat like a mad man. Maybe try to keep it to only going over a few hundred calories so you dont lose progress cutting. Then just do a bit of extra cardio the next day to help burn off some of the surplus from cheating.

Hey, I was wondering...how exactly do you calculate fat? I was doing it by looking at the labels, is that right?

Quattro
07-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Hey, I was wondering...how exactly do you calculate fat? I was doing it by looking at the labels, is that right?

Yep. Nutrition facts dont lie. If a food doesnt list its calorie breakdown, try looking it up on nutritiondata.com

crazyskater52
07-04-2006, 11:53 PM
Okay...I went over a crap load...I went over 1500! It was probably even more, I wasn't keeping the best track today, but definitally under 2000 :-( The whole time I worried about it but I kept going...I wanted to do alot more but I held back still lol. Now...how long would this take to undo? How much damage did I do with this? I was thinking (since today I didn't get too) of doing legs tommarow (I did dips,pushups,abs,and pull ups today to do at least something) and trying to run HIITS a few times this week.

Also, I was thinking of cutting for one more week or until I do what I did today, and start clean bulking. I wanted to know, is 100 cal increase a week good for a clean bulk?

getfit
07-05-2006, 03:18 AM
Okay...I went over a crap load...I went over 1500! It was probably even more, I wasn't keeping the best track today, but definitally under 2000 :-( The whole time I worried about it but I kept going...I wanted to do alot more but I held back still lol. Now...how long would this take to undo? How much damage did I do with this? I was thinking (since today I didn't get too) of doing legs tommarow (I did dips,pushups,abs,and pull ups today to do at least something) and trying to run HIITS a few times this week.

Also, I was thinking of cutting for one more week or until I do what I did today, and start clean bulking. I wanted to know, is 100 cal increase a week good for a clean bulk?
Stop being so paranoid ;) one day really doesn't make a difference. Relax.

ShockBoxer
07-05-2006, 05:23 AM
Even in someone who doesn't lift, everything doesn't automatically get dumped to fat.

I've had cheat days where I've been 2000 or more over my cut. All that happens is my lifts go up. Is it optimal for weight loss? Not likely, but this is what I like best about lifting... my friends and I LOVE to go out to eat. If they overdo it they get bigger around the waist. If I overdo it I get thicker through my shoulders. This has led to envious complaints that I can eat whatever I want... which I can, as long as I'm willing to put effort into the gym (which they are not).

crazyskater52
07-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Stop being so paranoid one day really doesn't make a difference. Relax.

lol I just don't want to screw everything up, I'll relax, thank you lol.

Even in someone who doesn't lift, everything doesn't automatically get dumped to fat.

I've had cheat days where I've been 2000 or more over my cut. All that happens is my lifts go up. Is it optimal for weight loss? Not likely, but this is what I like best about lifting... my friends and I LOVE to go out to eat. If they overdo it they get bigger around the waist. If I overdo it I get thicker through my shoulders. This has led to envious complaints that I can eat whatever I want... which I can, as long as I'm willing to put effort into the gym (which they are not).

LMAO, thats awsome man, I'm gonna do legs today see how I do.

getfit
07-05-2006, 12:57 PM
One day won't screw everything up. :)

Unreal
07-05-2006, 01:05 PM
For the past 3 days I ate nothing but crap. On Sunday I think I ate 35 cookies, along with tons of trail mix. Who cares. Just get back on. Yes it may set you back alittle, but you have to live. A birthday is a valid excuse to have a piece of cake.

crazyskater52
07-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the encouragement guys :-) I was worried, I'm okay now, thanks again!

Unreal
07-05-2006, 01:47 PM
I'll put it this way. I left for the weekend at 208.1. When I got home last night I weighed myself at 224.1. This morning I was 217.5. I'm sure by Friday I'll be back at 208. So I wasted a week of my cut. Who cares. I put up more reps on bench today then normal. You have to enjoy your holidays and a break every once and awhile.

Quattro
07-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Going overboard can also help convince your body youre not starving which can happen when your cutting for weeks and weeks straight. This way you dont hit a plateau and cant lose more.

crazyskater52
07-06-2006, 05:50 AM
I'll put it this way. I left for the weekend at 208.1. When I got home last night I weighed myself at 224.1. This morning I was 217.5. I'm sure by Friday I'll be back at 208. So I wasted a week of my cut. Who cares. I put up more reps on bench today then normal. You have to enjoy your holidays and a break every once and awhile.

Lmao thats crazy! Why does that happen? That happen to my friend and me a while ago too, we weighed ourselves, went to burgerking, came back and weighed 8 lbs more, we worked out and lost the 8 lbs O_o...all within like 3 hours

Going overboard can also help convince your body youre not starving which can happen when your cutting for weeks and weeks straight. This way you dont hit a plateau and cant lose more.

I've heard this many times...how much should you go over and how often?

Unreal
07-06-2006, 06:55 AM
Water retention, glycogen storage, poo, etc.

Down to 211 this morning. Dropped 13lbs in about 36 hours. I figure I'll probably be 210-209 tommorow morning. So I may have put on a 1lb-1.5lbs by overeating like crazy for 3 days. Ohh well. It was fun and a nice break. Makes it easy to stick to the diet now.