PDA

View Full Version : July 4th turned into a big cheat day. Now what?

Fat Man
07-04-2006, 08:50 PM
So Around a month ago I joined this forum, and began to diet listening to Built, ddegroff, Eszekial and a bunch of you guys.

I have lost 15 pounds(as of this morning) since the day I started(Thanks to you guys). And more importantly little of it was muscle as I continued to eat, going up in every workout everytime either with reps or weight. For the first time in my life Im doing squats and Deadlifts, (Legs in general) since Ive read how important it is here. Overall its almost like Ive been getting into a "zone",reading everylabel, My shoulder not hurting,feeling better, and looking forward to working out. Until........

So today's the 4th and we have a huge party which turned into a massive cheat day. Italy won, beers were everywhere and it it turned into a all day buffet. I feel guilty.

Knowing myself I will feel full all day tommorow, should I stick to just liquids all day and protein powder to get back on track? Run extra cardio?What should I do?

getfit
07-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Don't worry about it, one day won't make a difference.Get back on track starting tomorrow.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-04-2006, 08:59 PM
:withstupi

One day isn't going to kill ya. Just get back on track tomorrow.

Mercuryblade
07-05-2006, 05:17 PM
I cheated yesterday, its hard not to feel guilty when you follow such a strict regimine, we're like a healthier version of anorexic teen girls.

SuperTerrorizer
07-05-2006, 05:20 PM
I cheated yesterday also and had a Mushroom Swiss burger from Dairy Queen with some fries. Damn! That was some good eating. Today my diet is spot on. Just get back on track and don't worry about it.

ddegroff
07-05-2006, 09:29 PM
I think the 4th was "official" cheat day. I cheated too, no big deal just get back on track.

Congrats on the 15lbs, keep it up!

MagnaSephiroth
07-05-2006, 11:21 PM
I didnt cheat on the 4th. I don't really look at holidays and celebrate them with lots of food I guess.

ncsuLuke
07-06-2006, 08:38 PM
i cheated too

i hate doing it because after i feel so guilty but i just have to tell myself it is only one day and it wont matter if i get back on track

crazyskater52
07-06-2006, 09:08 PM
lmao I love how everyone cheated that day lmao

Vayu
07-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah you guys do sound like teen girls. This is bodybuilding. Eating is good. Be a man, keep eating, train harder.

emjlr3
07-07-2006, 07:05 AM
thats how I think of it, what I consider a cheat day, on a bulk that is, is not eating enough, anything at or above what I am gonig for is fine, regardless of what I am getting it from ( within reason), especially at a cook out, since I don't liek to drink beer with food, all I would be having is lots and ltos of meat

what is wrong with eating a lot of meat on a bulk? it's not a cheat, it's just a day with a few extra calories