PDA

View Full Version : Clean bulk, how much do I increase?

crazyskater52
07-05-2006, 08:46 AM
Hey everyone, I'm getting closer and closer to my clean bulk and I was wondering how much I should increase my cals every week and when should I stop? Should I do like 100 cals more for one week, then the next another 10, then two weeks more another 100? Or how should I go about in doing this?

Jordanbcool
07-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Up them 500 over maintanence the first week then another 500 the second week and i'd stop it at that if your worried about fat gain.

Good luck

Holto
07-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Up them 500 over maintanence the first week then another 500 the second week and i'd stop it at that if your worried about fat gain.

Good luck

:offtopic:

j/k

what he said.............

crazyskater52
07-05-2006, 09:23 AM
omg wow, that much? seriously? Isn't that a big increase? And I never raise it after that again then? And if I don't know my maintenance...do I need to find that out first? Or do I just up it 500 then another 500 and maybe another 350 or something?

Jordanbcool
07-05-2006, 09:38 AM
omg wow, that much? seriously? Isn't that a big increase? And I never raise it after that again then? And if I don't know my maintenance...do I need to find that out first? Or do I just up it 500 then another 500 and maybe another 350 or something?

Trust me, 500 calories is not alot. I dont know why you think it is. If you want to gain muscle you have to eat extra calories. This means you will gain a small amount of fat. If done right though you probably wont even notice the extra fat because all your bulging muscles will go right along with it.

Do this. Join www.fitday.com, and record everything you eat in a day (please measure everything so your as accurate as possible). Multiply your bodyfat times 14 to get a rough estimate of your maintanence. Eat at that specific calorie intake for a week. If you gain weight, go down in calories (depending on the weight gained). If you lost weight go up (depending on how much you lost). Then once you've found your exact maintanence do what I said and lift to build muscle.

-jordan

P.S. Look for this thread after a week. Post in it with your results and i'll help you the best I can. If I dont respond to this thread for some reason PM me.

crazyskater52
07-05-2006, 01:27 PM
Trust me, 500 calories is not alot. I dont know why you think it is. If you want to gain muscle you have to eat extra calories. This means you will gain a small amount of fat. If done right though you probably wont even notice the extra fat because all your bulging muscles will go right along with it.

Do this. Join www.fitday.com, and record everything you eat in a day (please measure everything so your as accurate as possible). Multiply your bodyfat times 14 to get a rough estimate of your maintanence. Eat at that specific calorie intake for a week. If you gain weight, go down in calories (depending on the weight gained). If you lost weight go up (depending on how much you lost). Then once you've found your exact maintanence do what I said and lift to build muscle.

-jordan

P.S. Look for this thread after a week. Post in it with your results and i'll help you the best I can. If I dont respond to this thread for some reason PM me.

I think its alot because I take 1700-1800 cals a day...so 500 is a big chunk for me, wouldn't that be a large increase all of a suden? Yeah I'm hoping for that bulging muscle effect lol.

Yeah I have fitday.com but I don't track anything there, I track it here on the journal section, check it out if you'd like on my sig (I measure and track everything I eat)...so you think I should start trackign it on fitday as well then?

When I'm trying to find my maintenance, should I lift weights or anything? I don't know my body fat either ahh... What I did, is I multiplied my weight times 12, and after a while I brought it down to times 11...Lately I've been doing 157x11, and thats what I do for my cut. I used to weigh 178 a little before I joined this forum and now I'm 150.5...and I want more muscle now lol, but as little fat as I can.

And thank you very much for your help, thats very cool of you :-) I appreciate it a bunch!

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-05-2006, 01:36 PM
If you're on a bulk, you should start at 15 times your body weight and go from there. That would be about 2250 calories. If you gain at that weight, then stay with it until you stop gaining. Then add 100-200 calories and stick with it for a week or two. If you are not gaining, add another 100-200 calories until you are seeing gains again and just repeat the process. Just adding 1000 calories might quickly turn you into a tub of lard. Take it a bit slower.

crazyskater52
07-05-2006, 01:42 PM
And thats to clean bulk right?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Depends on what you're eating. That would be a slower bulk than just stuffing everything you see into your face.

Unreal
07-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Only you can figure this out. Keep adding calories till you are adding weight at a pace your comfortable with.

Jordanbcool
07-05-2006, 07:45 PM
You should really play around with the numbers. But after you get everything figured out I still dont see a big problem with simply adding on 500 a day. That would total to a net gain of 1lb of pure fat which is impossible. It will not be all fat, it would be a combo of muscle/fat/water. If you lift right that extra 500 wont go to waste. Just DONT do this until you find maintanence (yes you can weight lift while trying to figure it out). It really dosent matter, you can follow my idea or scarz. I just like mine cus I dont have to think about it much :D

And you should always use fitday, it is the #1 tool to losing fat, gaining muscle and reaching your goals. And its free!

Good luck.

-jordan

John04Civic
07-05-2006, 08:03 PM
I thought you were supposed to up by 10%-15% per week.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-05-2006, 08:30 PM
^^

Huh?

KingWilder
07-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Clean bulk to me just implies you should be eating clean foods..so adding 500 calories a week is perfectly acceptable

if you're trying to minimize fat gain you could do a SLOW Clean bulk, and just increase calories by 200 or so each week, or whenever you stopped gaining weight.

crazyskater52
07-06-2006, 06:01 AM
Ill start using fitday then...Yeah I want to do a SLOW clean bulk so I can minimize fat gain.

People always say when you lift hard lift right it won't go into fat...how do I lift hard and right? Just try to lift as much weight as I can every time or something? Also...how much protein should I try to get every day, I know at least 1g per lbs or 1.5-2 I should try. But I mean what would be the minimum so I won't start gaining fat?

Jordanbcool
07-06-2006, 06:51 AM
Ill start using fitday then...Yeah I want to do a SLOW clean bulk so I can minimize fat gain.

People always say when you lift hard lift right it won't go into fat...how do I lift hard and right? Just try to lift as much weight as I can every time or something? Also...how much protein should I try to get every day, I know at least 1g per lbs or 1.5-2 I should try. But I mean what would be the minimum so I won't start gaining fat?

Just push yourself. Lift short and heavy for compound excersizes (5x5 is a good place to start) and lift lighter for smaller excersizes like arms (3x8). Follow baby got back if you need a routine, I'm starting it next week. Its a great workout.

And dont be to strict! You wont gain much fat anyways if you do everything right so be sure to treat yourself if you have a good workout, or if you just think you deserve something extra.

For bulking I do 2g per pound of bodyweight for carbs and protein and .5 per pound of bodyfat for fat. Dont worry about the fat gain! It wont be anything you can notice at all, just DO IT RIGHT. Again, I advise you check out baby got back routine....

-jordan

crazyskater52
07-06-2006, 07:27 AM
For bulking I do 2g per pound of bodyweight for carbs and protein and .5 per pound of bodyfat for fat. Dont worry about the fat gain! It wont be anything you can notice at all, just DO IT RIGHT. Again, I advise you check out baby got back routine....

-jordan

But what am I supposed to do right? Omg 2g for carbs and protein...how many cals do you take? lol. I'll check out the baby got back, I was looking foward too the 5x5 routine, I wanted to try that but I'll read the baby got back and see.

Jordanbcool
07-06-2006, 07:59 AM
But what am I supposed to do right? Omg 2g for carbs and protein...how many cals do you take? lol. I'll check out the baby got back, I was looking foward too the 5x5 routine, I wanted to try that but I'll read the baby got back and see.

You still have to find out your maintanence before we can help you further. Do whichever routine you like I just like BGB so Im using that.

Progress
07-06-2006, 08:10 AM
I think it's better to work with percentages. If you eat too much your body will not be as efficient with calorie partitioning and you will have a greater chance at gaining fat. Same works for a cut (with the exception of some diets); if you cut cals too much you will lose LBM as well as fat. I'd recommend a 20-25% increase in cals.

Thexile
07-06-2006, 10:03 AM

500 cals spread over 5-6 meals / day isn't that much.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-06-2006, 11:24 AM
The amount of meals is irrelevant. Whatever he feels comfortable eating is fine. I'd still recommend a good breakfast and before bedtime meal.

Jordanbcool
07-06-2006, 11:49 AM
The amount of meals is irrelevant. Whatever he feels comfortable eating is fine. I'd still recommend a good breakfast and before bedtime meal.

Theres many benifits for spacing them out but fat gain is not one of them (this is directed towards the OP by the way).

Like scarz said, there a few meals that are pretty important to bulking (breakfast, pre and post workout meals and before bedtime). I usually throw in a shake or solid food "meal" for a total of 5. I usually dont have time to space them out on off days so sometimes I might eat almost half by calories in one sitting.

Just try and space em out, if you cant then dont worry about it. Macros/calories come first before meal timing.

-jordan

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Theres many benifits for spacing them out but fat gain is not one of them (this is directed towards the OP by the way).What benefits would that be?

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=66713

If eating more meals is better for you, then do it. I like to eat more frequently myself.

crazyskater52
07-06-2006, 12:23 PM
500 cals spread over 5-6 meals / day isn't that much.

Getting the 500 cals is no problem, I love to eat, I can prob eat 5000 cals a day with no problem!...mayb... lol

Theres many benifits for spacing them out but fat gain is not one of them (this is directed towards the OP by the way).

Like scarz said, there a few meals that are pretty important to bulking (breakfast, pre and post workout meals and before bedtime). I usually throw in a shake or solid food "meal" for a total of 5. I usually dont have time to space them out on off days so sometimes I might eat almost half by calories in one sitting.

Just try and space em out, if you cant then dont worry about it. Macros/calories come first before meal timing.

-jordan

Yeah I usually eat 7-10 times a day, I spread them out, and I try to get more carbs and protein in the morning, pre and post workout. and Protein before bed.

Okay, lets say if I started the bulk already...and I get 180grams of protein a day, and I add 500 cals, but take the same amount of protein a day (180 cal) would this go into fat? Or how would this work? I've been wondering that but didn't know how to ask

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Excess calories will make you fat, but excess calories are needed to put on good muscle mass. If you want to add muscle with not as much fat gain, do what I suggested. Slow bulking will prevent you from becoming Jabba the Hut.

crazyskater52
07-06-2006, 12:39 PM
LOL "Jabba the Hut"

No I know, I understand, but what I mean is, okay lets say w/e I add on now, lets say the 15 times my body weight...if I take the same protein as I do now and the same protein after I add the extra cals would I gain more fat than if I used the extra cals in protein?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-06-2006, 12:50 PM
No. The protein won't make a difference. The amount of calories you consume will ultimately lead to how much fat you will gain based on your genetics. You'll have to find your calorie level through trial and error. You're just going to have to see how your body reacts to a slow bulk.

Jordanbcool
07-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Scarz you know spreading out your meals helps with feeling fuller longer and helps flood your body with nutirents the entire day. Plus meal timing becomes very important pre-post workout. Breakfast is important to stop any catabolism that happened the night before as well as before bed eating.

As far as metabolism is concerned there arent any real benifits. But we already know that ;)

P.S. Crazyskater.......eventually you will reach a point in your life when you have to waste macros to get enough calories to gain muscle. When this happens as long as your basic macros are met I'm pretty sure you can eat anything you want (not 100% though as this is the whole jelly bean debate of yesteryear). I'm sure scarz can elaborate as he knows more on the subject

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Scarz you know spreading out your meals helps with feeling fuller longerIt doesn't for some people, but it does for me.

As far as metabolism is concerned there arent any real benifits. But we already know thatIndeed.

Jordanbcool
07-06-2006, 12:56 PM
I love learing :) I actually feel like I know what the hell I'm talking about nowadays.

crazyskater52
07-06-2006, 12:59 PM
No. The protein won't make a difference. The amount of calories you consume will ultimately lead to how much fat you will gain based on your genetics. You'll have to find your calorie level through trial and error. You're just going to have to see how your body reacts to a slow bulk.

Okay, but if I took more protein the more muscle I'd get right? Just doesnt have much to do with fat then right?

P.S. Crazyskater.......eventually you will reach a point in your life when you have to waste macros to get enough calories to gain muscle. When this happens as long as your basic macros are met I'm pretty sure you can eat anything you want (not 100% though as this is the whole jelly bean debate of yesteryear). I'm sure scarz can elaborate as he knows more on the subject

lol, im confused, elaborate a little more? hehe

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Okay, but if I took more protein the more muscle I'd get right?No. Your body will use as much protein as it needs for repairing your muscles. They're not going to get BIGGER because you're eating more protein. They're going to grow however much they're going to grow. Getting that much protein ensures that you are getting sufficient protein to repair the damage done to your muscles through weight training. Just stay dedicated and consistent and you will see gains.

Just doesnt have much to do with fat then right?I'm not sure what you mean. Tearing down and rebuilding muscle tissue is a very taxing caloric process and your body would rather use those calories to support vital functions of your body. It is willing to sacrifice your hard-earned muscles for the sake of sustaining itself. This is why you need to eat excess calories so that your body does not have to leech nutrients from your muscles. You'll gain some fat during this excess caloric intake, but it's just something we all have to deal with when trying to add mass. How much fat you gain depends on your genetics, the length of your bulk, and the type of bulk (slow/fast bulk).

lol, im confused, elaborate a little more? heheAs long as you are meeting your macro needs (at least 1 gram of protein per pound of LBM and .5 grams of fat per pound of LBM), then the rest of your calories can come from whatever you wish. Be it more protein and fat, or from carbs. When you start eating a LOT of calories, you're bound to go over the recommended macros.

Jordanbcool
07-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Okay, but if I took more protein the more muscle I'd get right? Just doesnt have much to do with fat then right?

lol, im confused, elaborate a little more? hehe

No no no you've got it all wrong. Muscle building is much more then just eating protein. It takes calories, carbs, fats and protein.....water.....sleep.....hard lifting... etc. etc. So many factors influence it. More protein doesnt equal more muscle. Eventually you will eat more protein then your body needs, even for building muscle. It is then converted to fat and stored. Anything extra that isnt pushed towards muscle goes to fat (this is called partitioning). In a perfect world your idea would hold true. More protein would equal more muscle. More calories would equal more muscle. However unless your genetics are top notch you'll simply get really fat if you up the calories/protein. Just try to hit the 1.5g per pound of bodyweight for protein, .5g for fat, 1.5 for carbs...If you have extra calories you can pick and choose. Lets say after you meet your macro goals you still have 500 calories left over. You can then pick a macro(s) and eat from there (you could eat 500 cals in chicken, in ice cream or jelly beans for example).

Ask away. I know it sounds confusing but its much more simple then it sounds I guess...

-jordan

P.S. Dont eat 500 calories in jellybeans...its just not healthy. I was just trying to explain the idea of wasted macros.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Eventually you will eat more protein then your body needs, even for building muscle. It is then converted to fat and stored.No it doesn't. Protein has a billion other functions in the body. The rest doesn't just get converted to fat because it's not being used for muscle tissue repair.

1.5 for carbsWhere did you get that one from?

crazyskater52
07-06-2006, 01:15 PM
No. Your body will use as much protein as it needs for repairing your muscles. They're not going to get BIGGER because you're eating more protein. They're going to grow however much they're going to grow. Getting that much protein ensures that you are getting sufficient protein to repair the damage done to your muscles through weight training. Just stay dedicated and consistent and you will see gains.

Oh wow...I did not know that...why do people try to get 2g per lbs then for protein?

I'm not sure what you mean. Tearing down and rebuilding muscle tissue is a very taxing caloric process and your body would rather use those calories to support vital functions of your body. It is willing to sacrifice your hard-earned muscles for the sake of sustaining itself. This is why you need to eat excess calories so that your body does not have to leech nutrients from your muscles. You'll gain some fat during this excess caloric intake, but it's just something we all have to deal with when trying to add mass. How much fat you gain depends on your genetics, the length of your bulk, and the type of bulk (slow/fast bulk).

And as in the slow bulk you mean like the 15 times my body weight and when I stop gaining add the 100 or 200 cals each week till I stop gaining and keep adding right?

As long as you are meeting your macro needs (at least 1 gram of protein per pound of LBM and .5 grams of fat per pound of LBM), then the rest of your calories can come from whatever you wish. Be it more protein and fat, or from carbs. When you start eating a LOT of calories, you're bound to go over the recommended macros.

Wow, so I really only need 1 g protein per lbs? I also need 1.5 carbs per lbs right? And as for fat...thats so hard to do, get the .5 per lbs.

And thank you for your help and patience!

Jordanbcool
07-06-2006, 01:16 PM
No it doesn't. Protein has a billion other functions in the body. The rest doesn't just get converted to fat because it's not being used for muscle tissue repair.

You know what I mean. Once you reach a certain point it just gets converted to fat.

My basic point was that theres so much protein your body can use...

I made it up about the carbs I was just trying to give him a guideline....Quality carbs are also very important for muscle building.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Oh wow...I did not know that...why do people try to get 2g per lbs then for protein? It doesn't matter. Some people in here eat over 10,000 calories, so they go over the recommendations by a bit. Just try and hit the minimum macros requirements and if you go over, it isn't a big deal.

And as in the slow bulk you mean like the 15 times my body weight and when I stop gaining add the 100 or 200 cals each week till I stop gaining and keep adding right?Yes. It's slowly increasing calories depending on your progress.

Wow, so I really only need 1 g protein per lbs? I also need 1.5 carbs per lbs right? And as for fat...thats so hard to do, get the .5 per lbs.No, it's (LBM) Lean Body Mass, not your overall body weight.

You know what I mean. Once you reach a certain point it just gets converted to fat.How is that? What if you're on a cut and you're eating the same amount of protein that would be classified as "reaching a certain point"?

I made it up about the carbs I was just trying to give him a guideline....Quality carbs are also very important for muscle building.He can toy around with his carb intake to what makes him feel comfortable.

crazyskater52
07-06-2006, 01:19 PM
No no no you've got it all wrong. Muscle building is much more then just eating protein. It takes calories, carbs, fats and protein.....water.....sleep.....hard lifting... etc. etc. So many factors influence it. More protein doesnt equal more muscle. Eventually you will eat more protein then your body needs, even for building muscle. It is then converted to fat and stored. Anything extra that isnt pushed towards muscle goes to fat (this is called partitioning). In a perfect world your idea would hold true. More protein would equal more muscle. More calories would equal more muscle. However unless your genetics are top notch you'll simply get really fat if you up the calories/protein. Just try to hit the 1.5g per pound of bodyweight for protein, .5g for fat, 1.5 for carbs...If you have extra calories you can pick and choose. Lets say after you meet your macro goals you still have 500 calories left over. You can then pick a macro(s) and eat from there (you could eat 500 cals in chicken, in ice cream or jelly beans for example).

Ask away. I know it sounds confusing but its much more simple then it sounds I guess...

-jordan

See why 1.5 then, if all is goign to be used is the 1...to reasure that it gets used for muscle like you said?

P.S. Dont eat 500 calories in jellybeans...its just not healthy. I was just trying to explain the idea of wasted macros.

LMAO jellybeans...something else I was wondering, why wouldn't it be healthy if you can fit it in your diet? (after you meet your macros)

No it doesn't. Protein has a billion other functions in the body. The rest doesn't just get converted to fat because it's not being used for muscle tissue repair.

Oh no, lol, different opinions, so who's right? haha

crazyskater52
07-06-2006, 01:23 PM
No, it's (LBM) Lean Body Mass, not your overall body weight.

Here it says per body pound:
http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=223

Quality carbs are also very important for muscle building.

Quality carbs...if I got carbs lets say from pizza would that be bad? (if I meet the macros)

Oh and for the .5 per pound of fat...do I just get the total fat or add in the saturated and all those things together?

Jordanbcool
07-06-2006, 01:24 PM
See why 1.5 then, if all is goign to be used is the 1...to reasure that it gets used for muscle like you said?

LMAO jellybeans...something else I was wondering, why wouldn't it be healthy if you can fit it in your diet? (after you meet your macros)

Oh no, lol, different opinions, so who's right? haha

There are various opinions for whats actually required. Some people suggest 1g per pound of LBM. Others however propose 1,1.5,2g per pound of LBM. We are just trying to drive home that you get atleast 1g per pound of LBM (if you dont know it you can go with you whole bodyweight). I personally shoot for 2g of protein per pound of LBM, .5g for fat and 1-2g for carbs.

How is it not healthy?! Its pure sugar!! lol

Its not different opinions. I just didnt explain myself fully. I thought your body using protein for things other then muscle building was obvious so I didnt delve into that.

-jordan

Try and get your fats from unsaturated sources as that is healthiest. As for the pizza carbs thing....usually unclean foods have tag along fats that arent productive to muscle building (and take away valuable calories). Having two slices of pizza a day is perfectly fine but that majority of your food should come from good, wholesome foods.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-06-2006, 01:25 PM
See why 1.5 then, if all is goign to be used is the 1...to reasure that it gets used for muscle like you said?It's at least 1 to 1.5 gram(s) per pound of LBM.

why wouldn't it be healthy if you can fit it in your diet? (after you meet your macros)Because it's jam-packed with ****ty fructose.

Here it says per body pound:That would be because of a comprehension errror. It's LBM.

Oh and for the .5 per pound of fat...do I just get the total fat or add in the saturated and all those things together?Add the total fat. And you should be trying to fill your macros with healthy fats.

crazyskater52
07-06-2006, 01:30 PM
There are various opinions for whats actually required. Some people suggest 1g per pound of LBM. Others however propose 1,1.5,2g per pound of LBM. We are just trying to drive home that you get atleast 1g per pound of LBM (if you dont know it you can go with you whole bodyweight). I personally shoot for 2g of protein per pound of LBM, .5g for fat and 1-2g for carbs.

How is it not healthy?! Its pure sugar!! lol

Its not different opinions. I just didnt explain myself fully. I thought your body using protein for things other then muscle building was obvious so I didnt delve into that.

-jordan

How do you figure out your LBM? And jw, why do you shoot for 2g of protein?

What does sugar do thats so bad for you?

Oh okay.

Because it's jam-packed with ****ty fructose.
Add the total fat. And you should be trying to fill your macros with healthy fats.

What does the fructose do thats bad? What do the healthy fats do opposed to the unhealthy ones? Sorry for sounding like an idiot.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-06-2006, 01:33 PM
What does sugar do thats so bad for you?
What do the healthy fats do opposed to the unhealthy ones?My gawd, man. Do some research, lol.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/search.php?searchid=747862
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/search.php?searchid=747866
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=fructose&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=essential+fatty+acids&btnG=Search

KingWilder
07-06-2006, 01:37 PM
LBM = Bodyweight - (bodyweight x bf %)

MagnaSephiroth
07-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Speaking of Sugar, whats the normal amount of grams a sugar someone should get in a day and still be er basically uneffected too seriously by the bad side effects of sugar? Cause milk has 11g of sugar or so in a cup, its nearly impossible to avoid eating sugar, so how much is too much?

Jordanbcool
07-06-2006, 01:44 PM
I shoot for 2g of protein to saturate my muscles with this important macro and so I'm 100% sure that I'm getting enough for muscle building and for normal function.

I think there are studies that show that it may promote a better enviroment for muscle growth but I'm not positive. The 2g just makes me feel better I guess....I'd rather come up with to much then to little.

-jordan

P.S. There are MANY kinds of sugar. Fruit has alot of sugar in it but should you stop eating those? No. Stay away from processed sugars (you know the stuff in snickers, orange juice etc. etc.) Its simple. Just stay away from junk food. You can eat some of it but just dont base your diet around it.

MagnaSephiroth
07-06-2006, 01:47 PM
I shoot for 2g of protein to saturate my muscles with this important macro and so I'm 100% sure that I'm getting enough for muscle building and for normal function.

I think there are studies that show that it may promote a better enviroment for muscle growth but I'm not positive. The 2g just makes me feel better I guess....I'd rather come up with to much then to little.

-jordan

P.S. There are MANY kinds of sugar. Fruit has alot of sugar in it but should you stop eating those? No. Stay away from processed sugars (you know the stuff in snickers, orange juice etc. etc.) Its simple. Just stay away from junk food. You can eat some of it but just dont base your diet around it.

2g of protein? thats nothing...

Jordanbcool
07-06-2006, 01:49 PM
2g of protein? thats nothing...

Per pound of lean body mass!! lol..

MagnaSephiroth
07-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Per pound of lean body mass!! lol..

oooooh lol

crazyskater52
07-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Okay I started using Fitday today to calculate everything and I love it! And I've been reading what you guys have been telling me and different threads and links...theres so much to know lol, always. I was wondering, what happens if you don't take enough fat or carbs? Why does everyone avoid fats in general? And I was looking at lables...pretty much everything is saturated fat lol

crazyskater52
07-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Oh, and are poly/mono fats good or the same as saturated fat?

ddegroff
07-06-2006, 04:06 PM
poly/mono UNsaturated fats are the healthy fats that everyone talks about. These are the ones that should make up most of your fats during the day.

RedSpikeyThing
07-06-2006, 05:36 PM
People avoid fat because there is a rumour going around saying that fat makes you fat. In fact, that's not true at all. Excess calories make you fat and you need fat to live.

The media has hyped the low/no fat products and people have been eating them like mad. You can eat no fat in your diet and still be morbidly obese. You could get fat eating only fruit, if you ate enough of it.