PDA

View Full Version : How come my cut doesn't feel like a cut?

Hangul
07-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Okay I am eating around 2400 calories a day. I'm 201 lbs and 5'7" and 28 years old.

I workout 6 days a week.

Weights (WBB#1) M/W/F 40 - 60 minutes

Tabata Intervals on M and F morning

Cardio T(morning)/Wednesday (after leg workout)/Th(morning)/Sat(morning)

Sunday is MY day of rest

I'm eating 2400 (6-7 meals every 3-4 hours)and drinking around 1.5 gallons of water per day (maybe 2 diet sodas in between)

How come I never feel like I'm suffering? I never feel depleted or deprived. I keep my protein anywhere from 1 - 1.5 gm/lb and my fats all come from good sources (Cold-milled Flax seeds, Olive oil, nuts, sunflower seeds, etc)

I'm just wondering since I see a lot of threads with complaints about feeling hungry and I rarely ever do... Am I eating too much?

Hangul

seK
07-05-2006, 12:17 PM
How much fat are you losing?

Hangul
07-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Don't know exactly but I LOOK better and my clothes are looser.

I know that I should take that as a good sign, but I'm still not sure.

Hangul

Unreal
07-05-2006, 12:24 PM
How much weight are you losing a week?

Hangul
07-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Was 205 last Monday the 26th - so I've lost 4 lbs. But most of that could've been water that I was retaining at the time. I wasn't really eating the way I should.

Hangul

Unreal
07-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Keep doing what your doing, and check back in a week or two and see how much more weight you've dropped. If you can maintain 1lb a week then your doing great.

Hangul
07-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement.

But have any of you felt this way as well?

Hangul

Unreal
07-05-2006, 01:07 PM
On and off. I'll have a week were it is no problem, then other days where I could eat a horse. I ate tons this weekend, and I've had maybe 400 cals today and still fill full. This will probably last 2-3 days before I get all depleted and hungry. I do notice that once I start binging on carbs, I can't stop. I try to keep carbs around workout because othe times they make me hungry.

Built
07-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement.

But have any of you felt this way as well?

Hangul

If you get the "mix" right, it can be surprisingly easy to manage your appetite. Sounds like you've found yours, at least for now.

I try to keep carbs around workout because othe times they make me hungry.

Bingo.

bjohnso
07-05-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm on my first cut and I feel great - so much more energy, no more day time naps. Breathing is also much easier, during my bulk I was having a hard time breathing, I guess from the fat around my neck. But I don't feel depleted at all, except maybe when I workout and I can't hit my goals, then I feel bummed, lol.