PDA

View Full Version : Clean Bulking Diet

The Big Texan
07-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Hi Guys. Im trying to start my first bulk and I would like to do it as clean as possible. Im 6'1 and 148 lbs. The Harris Benedict calculator says my maitenence is about 2700 cals. so I will take in about 3200 a day. Here's my plan:

Breakfast 7:00
1 Cup of Egg Beaters
Large Bowl of Fiber One Cereal
Some Veggies
16 oz. of Milk
2 Fish Oil Capsules
Multivitamin
Glutamine

Mid Morning 10:00
1 Serving of Muscle Milk in Milk
Veggies

Lunch 12:30 (pre-workout)
2 Turkey Sandwiches on Whole Wheat Bread
2 fish oil caps
8 oz. of Milk
5g of Creatine
5g of Glutamine

Workout 1:30

PostWorkout 2:30
2 Scoops of On Whey (Contains 5g of glutamine each scoop)
4 Servings of Gatorade Powder
5g of Creatine

Meal 4:30
2 deli meat Sandwiches on whole wheat
Veggies

Dinner 7:30
Meat of some kind. (Steak, lean Hamburgers on whole wheat buns, chicken, fish, ect.)
Rice
Veggies

Meal 9:30
2 deli meat sandwiches on whole wheat
Veggies

Before Bed 11:30
Either 1 scoop of ON Casein (has 5g. of glutamine) in 8 oz. Milk
OR
2 Scoops of ON Casein in water
(Which would be best?)
Also Multivitamin
2 Fish Oil Caps

Also I may wake up in the middle of the night and have another scoop of ON Casein in water to keep me catabolic but I would only do this if I were to wake up in the middle of the night.

Also Im drinking a few cups of green tea a day and taking creatine pre workout. Is there any other supps. I should buy that would help? Money is not a big issue but I dont wanna buy anything ridiculously pricey...

Any suggestions very much welcomed. I'm new to this so bear with me please.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Also I may wake up in the middle of the night and have another scoop of ON Casein in water to keep me catabolic but I would only do this if I were to wake up in the middle of the night.You don't need to do this.

And ditch the Glutamine.

Here's a page for some food ideas in case you get stumped: What A Bodybuilder Eats (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565)

Are you entering in all of this on www.fitday.com? If you aren't, you should start.

emjlr3
07-07-2006, 07:12 AM
don't go by calculators first off, find your maintance by eating and figuring it out urself, that is the best way

your meals look fine, too much bread(sandwhiches) for my tastes, and not enough veggies, when I bulk I try and always keep myself stuffed, two turkey sandwhiches and some vegies isn;t going to do that for me

don't get me wrong, it is not bad, but there is room for improvement

for me, what I shoot for is

2 cups strachy carbs, 1 cup fibrous carbs, 5oz lean meat each meal, 5-6 times a day

ex. 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup corn, 1 cup broccolli, 5 oz chicken breast

if you are still hungry, eat more of your non-calorie dense carb source(broccoli)

you get to the point where you can no longer get full, but trust me, it works

btw, why 6 fish oil pills a day? isnt the reccomened dose 2? for the day? all they do is help your heart, no? if you don't jhave a strong family history of heart problems, why would you take 3 times the recomended daily allowance
again, personally I would ditch the sandwhiches and eat more veggies, but that is just me

TheGimp
07-07-2006, 08:03 AM
Also I may wake up in the middle of the night and have another scoop of ON Casein in water to keep me catabolic but I would only do this if I were to wake up in the middle of the night.

I think you mean keep you anabolic.

Also what the **** is the Harris Benedict calculator?

Unreal
07-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Fish oil is a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids. 2g is near nothing. Alot of people take 8-10g a day. Its a good fat source to reach your fat macro goals.

clockwork24
07-09-2006, 12:33 AM
I'm in the same boat. 5'8" 135-140 pounds.

I'm trying to put together a meal plan that goes down easy, but still hearty and for the most part clean. I heard its not good to eat too much canned tuna, and buying a ton of chicken breasts sounds expensive.

May someone please edit the original poster's meal plan so we can start an optimum bulk diet? I'm shooting for no less than 3,000 calories also.

Built
07-09-2006, 12:36 AM
I take 10g fish oil to deliver 3g combined EPH/DHA.

I agree with the others regarding glutamine - not worth the money. Finish what you have, then don't bother to reorder.

I don't see a lot of healthy fats in your diet outside of the fish oil. Happen to know your target macros?

markdk86
07-09-2006, 06:53 AM
I do the same with fish oil and flax oil, 12g total a day for it.

Built
07-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Ditch the flax - stick with fish oil.

cphafner
07-09-2006, 11:10 AM
the basics of your diet seems fine. Your fats look low. I would also drop all that deli meat and get your protein from better sources.

SSpiro
07-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Agreed.. More chicken, tuna, fish...

Beno79
07-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Im taking ON whey which has added glutamine. Is this added glutamine a problem then? Or only if you buy it separately like the OP?

markdk86
07-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Ditch the flax - stick with fish oil.

Why my knowledgeable lady :) ?

emjlr3
07-11-2006, 09:47 AM
i am wondering myself

TheGimp
07-11-2006, 10:08 AM
For starters there is the abysmal conversion rate of ALA to EPA/DHA.

Then there is the risk of goiter if dietary iodine is not sufficient.

Also there are supposed links between flax intake and prostate cancer.

None of these stop me taking 10g a day however :)

Unreal
07-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Im taking ON whey which has added glutamine. Is this added glutamine a problem then? Or only if you buy it separately like the OP?

All whey has glutamine as its an amino acid present in whey.
Fish oil doesn't need to be converted like flax, isn't as temperature sensitive, and flax has had a few studies show increase chance of prostrate cancer in males.