PDA

View Full Version : Whats up everyone?

bigbadwolfe
07-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Just wanting to see how everyone is doing and if anyone needs any help or advice.

Does anyone got any contests coming up anytime soon?

I got Kenny Patterson's "ASC World Gym APF Benchpress Championships" coming up next Sunday the 16th. Gonna be a hell of a meet there are already over 60 competitors and lots of top name guys gonna be there. If anyone is in the Columbus area next weekend on the 16th of July you should stop in at the Holiday Inn North in Worthington and Check the meet out at 11am.

Hope all is good!!!! Wolfy!!!!!

waynedang
07-08-2006, 07:58 PM
I am putting on a strongman comp Sunday the 16th. Then lifting in an APA meet in Champaign,IL in Sep.

Wayne

JustinASU
07-08-2006, 08:19 PM
I am putting on a strongman comp Sunday the 16th. Then lifting in an APA meet in Champaign,IL in Sep.

Wayne

Wayne--

I just noticed that you run a gym. I checked out the website - - very cool concept. Are there any security issues with that? I assume you have an extensive screening process to gain membership?

Jinkies
07-09-2006, 12:53 AM
Actually Wolfe I had an injury question thats been bugging me on benchpress for the past month. Im thinking its a pinched nerve but my rotator cuff has been killing my in my shoulder especially in my warmup sets when im warming up.

Think its anything to worry about? Figure its common with heavy lifting and it will go away on its own but needed an opinon

Clifford Gillmore
07-09-2006, 03:18 AM
I might be going to a powerlifting comp in August, Its a fly in fly out one - just as a spectator this year, hopefully try to get a few contacts and get a foothold in before I compete.

bigbadwolfe
07-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Jinkies,

As far as the shoulder goes it could be about anything. If it is not killing you use your own discretion on it. But if it is really bothering you I would go get it checked out. I've been dealing with a pulled anterior deltoid muscle since before the Arnold. I just need to take a break and let it heal but I'm to damn stubborn to quit for a while. I have become good friends with Ice, Ibuprofen and Icy Hot.Just make sure you get it nice and warmed up before lifting.

Wolfy!!!!!

Paul Stagg
07-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Trying to get back up to speed after an extended layoff. No concrete plans as far as when the next meet will be, just that there will be a next meet.

Chris Rodgers
07-09-2006, 03:02 PM
This coming Saturday, the 15th, I will be attending and helping out at the first meet being run by one of my buddies, John Bernor, out in Eastern Long Island. I think he will have a decent turnout, nothing too crazy, but it should be a good time. I myself, have a lot of work to do. I am planning on doing my next meet @148 for some unfinished business, before permanently moving beyond the "tiny bastard" range of bodyweight. It probably won't be until the fall though.

drew
07-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Good luck Wolfy and Wayne.

I have a Push/Pull coming up in September and would really love to hit 350/550. I've been doing a lot of extra bench work, and a lot or upper back work, but I think it's starting to take its toll, so I'll probably back off the extra pressing for a little while.

As for my deadlift, I really just have to hammer away at my hammys and abs and hope for the best. I know I can get 500, but 550 will be tough. Hopefully I can add some weight before then and that should help too.

waynedang
07-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Wayne--

I just noticed that you run a gym. I checked out the website - - very cool concept. Are there any security issues with that? I assume you have an extensive screening process to gain membership?

We started out being mostly Police, Fire, EMT's, Corrections and people we knew and trusted but over time it has opened up some. We really don't have many problems but we are putting in a new camera system soon just to be sure. Taylorville is only about 12,000 people so we know most of the members. We post a pic of every member on the wall so members can police who is there bogus or not. It also helps that the fire dept and police station share the alley.

The Lock up is a really cool place as most members are there to train and not get laid. We have a wide range of people from WR holders in PL to DIV I football and basketball players to retired granny's. Someone once told me it was the only gym they had been to that people acctually look like they work out. We have a few PL meets a year and will have our first strongman on the 16th.

Wayne

waynedang
07-09-2006, 08:40 PM
At my strongman meet we are having the ryanopower.com benchpress challenge. You get five min to bench 225 as many times as you can. You can get a drink take crap whatever you want but you get five min. It is $10 to enter and the winner gets half of what is brought in or $50 whatever is greater. Should be fun.

wayne

bigbadwolfe
07-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Can I get in that :)

waynedang
07-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Can I get in that :)

Sure but wait untill the end so you can make more money:thumbup:

Good luck this weekend wolfy

Natetaco
07-11-2006, 05:04 PM
wolfy I sent you my bench press issue awhile ago and didnt get a reply back, did you get the message?

bigbadwolfe
07-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Natetaco,

Check your PM, I totally missed it sorry!!! What I sent should help, if you dontthink it will work or need some more help mail me back and we will go from there.

bigbadwolfe800@yahoo.com

WBBIRL
07-11-2006, 09:11 PM
My bench sucks, I've only ever managed a single at 335 at a bodyweight of 315 about a year ago now. Help K thx plz