PDA

View Full Version : Male, gaining muscle on under 2000cals

Gilles1975
07-09-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm 31 and weight 145 (almost lean) pounds.
I guess this shows how sedentary I am apart from my workouts, but I carefully track my diet and I consume 1940 calories per day (150 grams of protein, mostly whey) and not only am I gaining muscle but I've also put on a little flab.
I have only recently started weight training, before that I lost about 45 pounds of flab on a 1200 calorie diet, and since I have started working out I have gone up to 1940 cals and not only gained muscle and put back a little of the fat I lost. I'm not going to reduce my calorie intake because it might hurt my gains, and I can live with a little bit of flab.
I'm a writer and I literally spend all day lying in bed writing, and I workout in the evenings, at least I'm getting a lot of good rest in between workouts.
A lazy life is the life for me. I'm not a big eater and I honestly don't think I could face 6 square meals a day. Thank Christ for whey!

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Eventually you're going to stop gaining and you will have to up your calories. You can bulk for as long as you want and then you can cut to burn off fat and reveal your hard-earned muscles.

SSpiro
07-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Agreed. Fat comes off a lot easier in comparison to gaining muscle.

Gilles1975
07-10-2006, 03:01 AM
I know I'll have to up the calories as imy muscles grow, I just hope my stomach can stretch a little as I struggle to eat lots of food.