PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight...wtf?

Ammotroop
07-10-2006, 06:54 AM
Well I weighed myself last week and was 211. I weighed myself today and was 205. I have been eating pretty healthy, and drinking my Protien shakes...2 a day before and after workouts. I dont want to eat bad...and gain fat, but I want to slowly gain mass. I havent started Fitday tracking yet, but at this rate I might need to. What are you opinions. Below is a normal diet.

4am - 1st Shake
5am- workout
645 am- 2nd shake
9am - 2 skinless grilled chicken strips
1130am- 3 more chicken strips
2pm - peanut butter sand
5pm - Dinner - what the wife cooks - lots of different meals involving chicken breast. I get my carbs here too, Mashed Potatoes, green food, sometimes porkchops.
8pm - some sort of snack - another peanut butter sandw - or cheese (I love Cheese).

Clifford Gillmore
07-10-2006, 07:06 AM
Only three sit down meals? make 8pm a lot larger, and try a weight gainer shake or two earlier before your workouts. 12 hours between big meals is too long.

MagnaSephiroth
07-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Weigh yourself everyday at the same for a week and then add them up and divide by 7 for the average. Do this every week, so its more accurate then just one day.

Sidior
07-10-2006, 11:11 AM
eat more...much more

Bob
07-10-2006, 11:14 AM
You've got 3 great suggestions above...
Any chance you are drinking enough water?
Are you taking any creatine?

Ammotroop
07-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Not taking any Creatine. I have been drinking more water than usual.

Bob
07-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Then it sounds like this is your "real" weight...
When you body is deficient of water - dehydration - over a long period of time, it will actually start to accumulate/retain it - it's a self-preservation mechanism. However, when you are getting enough water on a consistant basis, it "lets go" of it. Keep drinking the additional water... it's good for you.

You might want to try some creatine.. this will actually fill the muscle fibers full of water.. you will gain weight pretty fast - usually 5-10 lbs - and may find it beneficial to your workouts and strength. There are a number of threads on WBB you can search for more information on creatine.

Good luck.. and eat more.. that's your real guaranteed solution to gaining weight!

Ammotroop
07-10-2006, 02:36 PM
I am actually considering it. I want to hit the 300 mark on Bench so freaking bad!!!

Bob
07-10-2006, 02:45 PM
"considering it"? What is your fear?
It is not a steroid... it's natural and over the counter..
Just like a vitamin, mineral or protein...
Believe me, I had fear and pessimissm.. until I read up on it and read a lot of posts from WBB'ers.. I don't like to waste my money and I don't want any "undesired" side effects.. I've done 2 cycles.. the 1st one for 2 months.. this 2nd one for about a month.. both times, I think I was able to build some good underlining muscle..

Ammotroop
07-10-2006, 02:51 PM
No fear...I just am not as knowlegeable on it as I would like to be, plus it does cost money, lol. I dunno, just one of those things.

Quattro
07-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Well I weighed myself last week and was 211. I weighed myself today and was 205. I have been eating pretty healthy, and drinking my Protien shakes...2 a day before and after workouts. I dont want to eat bad...and gain fat, but I want to slowly gain mass. I havent started Fitday tracking yet, but at this rate I might need to. What are you opinions. Below is a normal diet.

4am - 1st Shake
5am- workout
645 am- 2nd shake
9am - 2 skinless grilled chicken strips No carbs or fats with this meal?
1130am- 3 more chicken strips Again where are the carbs/fats?
2pm - peanut butter sand
5pm - Dinner - what the wife cooks - lots of different meals involving chicken breast. I get my carbs here too, Mashed Potatoes, green food, sometimes porkchops.
8pm - some sort of snack - another peanut butter sandw - or cheese (I love Cheese).

For a meal to be adequate, you need protein with the same amount or more of carbs and also a good amount of fat. Going 6 hours on a few chicken strips will cause your body to be in a catabolic state where muscle is likely being broken down for fuel. You simply need to eat much more. Use fitday.com and make sure your getting enough calories daily.

ddegroff
07-11-2006, 08:52 PM
I havent started Fitday tracking yet

Also here's a problem. how do you know how much your eating? Without tracking there's no way to tell. Start tracking!