PDA

View Full Version : A few bulking questions

crazyskater52
07-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Okay, I keep saying this but I'm about to start bulking lol, I can't get myself just to do it already, but I want to do it already.

I was wondering...when you bulk...well slow clean bulk...should you take in the same amount of calories each day? Or should you do kind of the carb cycle way? I was also wondering... Should you spread your calories evenly throughout the day? Or does it even matter when you eat more or less cals? And last question...how long did it take for you guys to notice your self gaining fat and/or muscle? And about how much?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Have you read ANY of the stickies on this site? You find a calorie level in which you're gaining weight. Then you stay at the same exact calorie level until you are no longer gaining weight. Then you add calories until you are gaining again. Once you're gaining again, stay at the same caloric intake until you stop gaining, and repeat.

You can spread your cals throughout the day if you want. Whatever makes you feel the most comfortable.

crazyskater52
07-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Yes, but I've seen people take in more calories on days that they lift and less on days that they rest...carb cycleing would be more for cutting then right? I've heard different opinions about eating carbs before you sleep, is there a for sure answer about this?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-10-2006, 08:14 PM
You can take in the same on lift days as you do on non lift days. It's up to you. Don't overcomplicate it.

crazyskater52
07-10-2006, 08:33 PM
I just read the links you provided to someone just now:

http://ruggedmag.com/index.php?type=Article&i=15&a=8 http://www.ruggedmag.com/index.php?type=Article&i=17&a=8

I got alot of answers answered, lol, thank you...I havn't seen those before. Now I look and its in your sig... is it best to stay away from carbs for your post workout if you train at night and then have it in the morning? Like it said?

ddegroff
07-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Your body is primed to take in nutrients post-workout. EAT your normal post-workout meal if its 10AM or 10PM.

crazyskater52
07-10-2006, 10:22 PM
k, sounds good! thanks! I gotta have my carbs!

crazyskater52
07-10-2006, 10:27 PM
But wait, arnt carbs to give you energy? If your going to sleep, wouldn't it be better just to take it in the next day?

ddegroff
07-10-2006, 10:35 PM
ALL cells need energy, so while your sleeping your body is repairing (body needs energy). Calories don't just turn to fat after a certain time of day.

JUST eat the SAME meal you normally would.

crazyskater52
07-11-2006, 05:50 AM
Okay, that makes sense, thanks for the advice :-)

Just wasn't sure because of the so many people and places saying no carbs b4 sleep...same as the no eat before sleep...