PDA

View Full Version : Clockwork24's Journal

clockwork24
07-11-2006, 12:47 AM
Hey guys...I've made a few posts over the last 2 months and its long overdue that I've started a journal here. I'm a 25 year old male from Long Island, NY. I'm 5'8” and 137 lbs. I've been lifting weights for around 3 ½ months, but I haven't been going as many days as I should. My diet has been an even bigger problem because although I know I need to eat a lot, I've been on a wacky schedule and eat most of my food later in the day. I am, however, getting stronger and I definitely gained a good 5 pounds of what appears to be muscle. If I hit the gym more religiously and ate more, I know I could have gained over 15 lbs during those 3 months. With all that being said, my short term goal is to gain at least 15 lbs over the next 2 months so that I'll weigh no less than 150 lbs and have noticeably bigger arms by the time classes start in early September.
My routine has been changing a bit over the weeks while sticking to the M-W-F split. I started off doing chest/triceps – legs/shoulders – back/biceps. Then I switched to chest/biceps – legs/shoulders – back/triceps. I've been doing mostly compound excercises such as deadlift, squats, dumbell presses, dips, french-press, etc. Most excercises are done in sets of 3-4 with 6-12 reps. Last week things got screwed up because I trained with someone who likes to train one muscle group each day so he had me doing 5 chest exercises in 1 ½ hours! My plan is to start the WBB#1 workout tomorrow, but I'm still open to suggestions on how to tweak things so that I can see some great gains.
Now to officially start my journal I will give you guys an idea of what I'm cramming into my mouth as I type. Lol

Sample nighttime snack:

2 TBLSP Natural peanut butter & 1 TBLSP marmalade sandwich (15 grain bread)
-550 Calories
-20g Fat
-70g Carbs.
-8g Fiber
-16g Protein

½ cup of 4% fat cottage cheese
-110 Calories
-5g Fat
-4g Carbs.
-12g Protein

1 cup of whole milk
-150 Calories
-8g Fat
-12g Carbs.
-8g Protein

Snack total
-810 Calories
-33g Fat
-86g Carbs.
-8g Fiber
-36g Protein

Other goals:
-Drink atleast 1 gallon of water each day
-Balance the dairy & fiber intake
-Get on a regular sleep schedule (~8-9 hours per. night)
-Improve form at the gym
-Lift HEAVY but SMART!
:hello:

clockwork24
07-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Tuesday, July 11th

Sleep: 4-5 hours...or less
Water: Not enough

**Didn't workout...NEED TO SLEEP!!!**

Meals

10:30 AM
1 1/4 cups of Fiber One Honey Clusters cereal with cup whole milk
-245 Calories

cup of 4% fat cottage cheese
-110 Calories

4:30 PM
Bologna & American cheese sandwich (15 grain)
-560 Calories

2 Cups of whole milk
-300 Calories

5:30 PM (Mom's dinner)
Chicken Breast & ham/cheese, tater tots and corn
-??? Calories

Lots of Blueberrys
Coffee

11:00 PM
Shake (2 scoops Muscle Milk, 1 cup whole milk, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup cookies & cream ice cream, 1 tbspn PB, & 1 serv. Udo Choice)
-900 Calories

Before bed
1 1/4 cups of Fiber One Honey Clusters cereal with cup whole milk
-245 Calories

Mucho aqua

Total:
-2,360 Calories (NOT including Mom's dinner)