PDA

View Full Version : NHE carb load modification

01-28-2002, 02:21 PM
I'm using the normal NHE eating plan and currently for the past couple weeks I've been having my carb-load for my last meal on Saturday, and Tuesday and then having my weight lifting session the following morning.

I've been thinking, would it be more beneficial to have my workout saturday and tuesday and then for post-workout have my carb-load meal? This way the insulin surge will help better with protein synthesis following the workout, and then before bed that night I'll have the regular protein+fat meal so GH will still be strong while sleeping.

Thoughts, comments?

MonStar1023
01-28-2002, 03:11 PM
EXACTLY. That is exactly how I think of it bro. Both my carb-up meals are around 2-4 hours after I end my training session. I pack in a few hundred grams of carbs with some creatine and glutamine and ALA etc., then around 90-120 minutes, I hit the sack. I also pile in the water 60+ oz. with the carb-meal. Check out my journal.

:cool::cool:

01-28-2002, 04:40 PM
I thought you were trying to cut monstar?
if so a couple hundred gram carbload is an awful lot, don't ya think?

Cutting version calls for 60g+ carbs total divided over 1 or 2 meals
and bodybuilding version calls for 100g+ carbs in both of the two meals.

And about where to put the carbload is a tough decision because if you have it the night before, you should theoritically have more energy during your workout. If you have it after, you'll have greater protein synthesis but less energy during that workout.

MonStar1023
01-28-2002, 06:32 PM
Maybe I read it wrong then. I have been eating so much spaghetti I almost would puke. Oh well results speak for themselves. I like it better this way.

the doc
01-28-2002, 07:46 PM
monstar, this is where the leptins may come into play. Periodic high cal/high carb feedings may stimulate this

MonStar1023
01-28-2002, 07:52 PM
the doc-
Yeah I see exactly what youre saying. Hopefully this is what's happening because I think that I have had terrific results while following NHE Eating....

01-28-2002, 08:05 PM
doc - can you comment on my carbload dilema? thanks..