PDA

View Full Version : Need some meal ideas while at work

skinnywilly
07-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Ok, so I am in a hard situation with work, during the summer I work on a farm running machinary, I sit in the machine all day, all I have is my lunch box. I don't have access to a microwave or anything, everything I take is cold usually. I had started bulking before my job and was doing a pretty good job of keeping it clean, thats all gone down hill I am sorry to say. I want to get back on track.

Does anyone know what I could take to continue my bulk? I'm looking for meal ideas, below is what I have been taking, I can up that, change anything, whatever is required to get this done.

My usual meals for the day

start work 7am: Toast and bran ceral for breakfast

10am: Sandwich, turkey, salami, mustard, mayonaise, whole wheat bread, pepperjack cheese. wheathins, apple.

12-1pm: pretty much the same, maybe throw in some cookies or something

4pm: snack, jerkey, apple, chips...etc.

home by 9pm

I know this needs a drastic change, like I said I vered way of course, I am willing to change anything so any ideas are welcome, things like shakes or snack items. Just remember I don't get to use a micorwave or anything, all I have is a fairly large lunch pale.

I forgot to mention also, I am driving so anything that won't take both hands to eat, I can use a fork and drive. But nothing like cutting a steak with a fork and knife. :)
Thanks

ddegroff
07-11-2006, 09:52 PM
You could snack on Almonds or someother kind of nut. I'll assume you have water with you so you could put some protein powder in a shaker. Add water when you want it.

TexasDevil
07-12-2006, 01:02 PM
premade pb sandwiches

KingWilder
07-12-2006, 01:07 PM
You could snack on Almonds or someother kind of nut. I'll assume you have water with you so you could put some protein powder in a shaker. Add water when you want it.

:withstupi

Unreal
07-12-2006, 01:16 PM
First of all, toast and cereal for breakfast is a joke on a bulk. Toast with 3 eggs, slab of ham, bowl of oats, and a shake is a good start. Try to pack atleast 1k cals before you even leave for work.

Nuts, whey, cheese, jerky, etc are all easy to eat on the job.

skinnywilly
07-12-2006, 06:20 PM
First of all, toast and cereal for breakfast is a joke on a bulk. Toast with 3 eggs, slab of ham, bowl of oats, and a shake is a good start. Try to pack atleast 1k cals before you even leave for work.

Nuts, whey, cheese, jerky, etc are all easy to eat on the job.

I know its a joke, but its all I have time to make in the morning, thanks for all of the ideas so far, keep'em coming.

I am going to try and stay with this now, I am also looking for main course ideas for my lunch, not just snack stuff. I see one person put PB Sandwiches, what else could I bring?

thanks

MagnaSephiroth
07-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Ok, so I am in a hard situation with work, during the summer I work on a farm running machinary, I sit in the machine all day, all I have is my lunch box. I don't have access to a microwave or anything, everything I take is cold usually. I had started bulking before my job and was doing a pretty good job of keeping it clean, thats all gone down hill I am sorry to say. I want to get back on track.

Does anyone know what I could take to continue my bulk? I'm looking for meal ideas, below is what I have been taking, I can up that, change anything, whatever is required to get this done.

My usual meals for the day

start work 7am: Toast and bran ceral for breakfast

10am: Sandwich, turkey, salami, mustard, mayonaise, whole wheat bread, pepperjack cheese. wheathins, apple.

12-1pm: pretty much the same, maybe throw in some cookies or something

4pm: snack, jerkey, apple, chips...etc.

home by 9pm

I know this needs a drastic change, like I said I vered way of course, I am willing to change anything so any ideas are welcome, things like shakes or snack items. Just remember I don't get to use a micorwave or anything, all I have is a fairly large lunch pale.

I forgot to mention also, I am driving so anything that won't take both hands to eat, I can use a fork and drive. But nothing like cutting a steak with a fork and knife. :)
Thanks

I suggest eating like you normally do for a week, and keep track on fitday of everything you eat. Pretend its just a normal day and eat, just keep track. Dont let your calorie count discourage you, pretend your not tracking it. Then you will have an approximation about how much your usually eatting. Probibly weigh yourself at the start and end of the week. If your weight is the same, you got your maintence. Then just go through a total overall and replace all the calories with the foods in what a body builder eats thread. Then adjust accordingly. I'm an amature so my information might not be the greatest, can anyone confirm if this is a good idea?

Built
07-12-2006, 07:09 PM
magna, good idea.

skinni - how about hardboiled eggs?

ddegroff
07-12-2006, 09:08 PM
I am going to try and stay with this now, I am also looking for main course ideas for my lunch, not just snack stuff. I see one person put PB Sandwiches, what else could I bring?

Double what your eating now.

Sandwich, turkey, salami, mustard, mayonaise, whole wheat bread, pepperjack cheese
Eat double this, not just twice. Double the serving. MORE meat, MORE cheese.

Unreal
07-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Making a shake is about as quick as it gets. Dump oats, PB, olive oil, whey, milk into a blended. Drink, enjoy the calories. Not having time isn't an excuse. Its faster then a bowl of cereal or toast.

lifter4life
07-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Making a shake is about as quick as it gets. Dump oats, PB, olive oil, whey, milk into a blended. Drink, enjoy the calories. Not having time isn't an excuse. Its faster then a bowl of cereal or toast.

I do the same for when I'm at work.

MagnaSephiroth
07-12-2006, 11:59 PM

When you have to measure it isnt fast :(

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-13-2006, 12:14 AM
When you have to measure it isnt fast :(That takes what...an extra minute or two?

lifter4life
07-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Who says you have to measure? =p

When I first started all I would do is use a spoon and measure it by how many scoops I could put into 1 cup (or whatever measurement you're using), then consistently use the same size scoop when I do it w/o the cup measurement.

And you are making these meals before you goto work right? So taking a few extra minutes isn't going to kill you.

Unreal
07-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Just dump tons of each in. Measuring is great on a cut, but if he is having trouble getting calories in, then just eat tons. That being said, if you can't use a 1/2 cup scooper to dump some oats, fill the blended to a certain line with milk, add a certain number of servings of whey, and then add a few spoonfuls of PB then I don't see how you maintain a job because you have to be about as dumb as a box of rocks.

skinnywilly
07-16-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestion built, I will try that. Anyone else have any more to offer?

Optimum08
07-16-2006, 08:18 PM
try making a huge protein shake with water and put it in a water bottle and sip on it all day. your getting water and protein, a good way to get more cals in.

gains2385
07-16-2006, 08:41 PM
I like the carb freedom yogurts that they have at wal-mart. I think they are made by blue bunny? They also have some carb freedom smoothies that are really good. About 3 g/f, 4g/c, and 6-9g/p. Another thing I like are the snickers marathon low carb bars. They are tasty. They have I think 9 g/f, 16g/p, and 19g/c with 9 of those carbs being dietary fiber. Pretty cool, IMO.

-edit: One last thing I forgot is the Frigo light cheese sticks. Those are super good and they have 3g/f, <1g/c, and 6 or 9 g/p. You eat those three together and they make for a great and filling snack at about 15g/f, 20g/c (9 being dietary), and a whopping 30ish g/p.

trfe
07-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Are you looking to lose weight? You are taking in 1500 cals a day...

gains2385
07-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Are you looking to lose weight? You are taking in 1500 cals a day...
If you are talking to me then yes. I am trying too. I take in about 1800-2000 calories a day. A lot of it is protein and I have found that doing so helps my lifts A LOT!