PDA

View Full Version : 36 hours to cut weight, need help

Fitzg
07-12-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm currently weighing 246@19% bodyfat, I have to weigh in friday a.m. under 242. what should I do tomorrow in terms of food/drink and work out. Keeping in mind that my thyroid gland doesn't work, meaning my metabolism is ridiculously slow. I was planning on eating oatmeal for break, followed by protein for a snack, followed by lunch (heavy on the protein), for a total of about 750 cal Fat: 10% Carb: 30% Protein: 60%. The I would begin to fast. Besides a few diet sodas before 4p.m. I was going to drink water all day, about a gallon, all before 5p.m. at which point I would go to the gym for cardio (1hr moderate intensity), followed by 30mins in the sauna. After that, home, no shower. Weigh in 6a.m. Friday morning(If I don't weigh in then, I have to wait until 5p.m. that night, I can't go that long without eating). CAN I DO IT? What are the current conventions on drinking water while cutting weight? I need some help from the experts. Thanks
--Fitz

Paul Stagg
07-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Yes, you can do it, although I question the intelligence of someone with a screwed up thyroid doing anything drastic to make weight.

What is the weigh in for?

4 pounds in 36 hours is no problem. Drop carbs and water right now.

Only sip water until the weigh in. Eat absolutely no carbs.

Unless, of course, the weigh in is an hour before a wrestling match.

Fitzg
07-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Weigh in is for a powerlifting meet. I have my thyroid in check with meds, but they need to be bumped up, and I'm waiting on blood work for that to happen, its a thyroid problem, not cancer, it just my metabolism is a little slow tight now, and I get fatigued easier than most. If I don't drink water, what should I drink. I usually drink a ton, about 2liters of diet soda, along with probably about 1.5 gallons of water a day.

Fat Man
07-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Just like everyone that needs to make weight man......El Sauna(Especially Friday morning). Youll be dropping just your water weight, and not have to worry about all that muscle.

Im not sure if its distilled water you need to sip but look it up.

You should be absolutely fine, just get in a good meal right after weigh in.

Good luck!!!

Jinkies
07-12-2006, 08:55 PM
I was in a similar experience during powerlifter season, I didnt drink water or eat all day and went from 232 to 217. Its very doable

JaredG
07-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Jinkies, you lost 15lbs. in one day? Was this before or after your one-armed 500lb bench press? ;)

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-15-2006, 02:11 PM
I usually drink a ton, about 2liters of diet sodaYou could stop drinking so much soda every day...