PDA

View Full Version : Hooah?

nawmean
07-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Have you guys and girls (I don't want to get beat up :angel: ) seen the "HOOAH!" bars? Supposably, although I don't really believe it, they're designed by the military for soldiers.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009XH7KO/qid=1152761486/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/104-5705873-8651104?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=hpc&v=glance&n=3760901
http://www.hooah.com/hooah_nutrition.html

Do you think these would work nicely as just a small boost of calories/protein a day?

Keep in mind I'm very new to this world of building.

Thanks

Jordanbcool
07-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Have you guys and girls (I don't want to get beat up :angel: ) seen the "HOOAH!" bars? Supposably, although I don't really believe it, they're designed by the military for soldiers.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009XH7KO/qid=1152761486/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/104-5705873-8651104?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=hpc&v=glance&n=3760901
http://www.hooah.com/hooah_nutrition.html

Do you think these would work nicely as just a small boost of calories/protein a day?

Keep in mind I'm very new to this world of building.

Thanks

Yes

nawmean
07-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Thanks for posting.

My only concern is the fact that it only has 10g of protein. Would a whey shake be a better option? I'm lactose intolerant so it's not too easy finding a good recipes without milk. Also, a bar is obviously more convenient. I'm trying to put on 5lbs in 3 weeks.

Would it help if I eat 2 bars a day (before/after)?

Thanks

Jordanbcool
07-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Thanks for posting.

My only concern is the fact that it only has 10g of protein. Would a whey shake be a better option? I'm lactose intolerant so it's not too easy finding a good recipes without milk. Also, a bar is obviously more convenient. I'm trying to put on 5lbs in 3 weeks.

Thanks

Yes it would. Just search around these forums to learn more about diet/training. Those bars seem pretty good to me. Try taking some form of protein after your workout with that bar. Say, whey, tuna, chicken etc.

-jordan

lifter4life
07-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Thanks for posting.

Thanks

A whey shake only has protein with a tiny amount of carbs/fat sometimes. A bar would fit better as a balanced snack.

It depends on how many calories you are currently taking in throughout the day. I'm assuming you aren't counting your calories; if you are currently gaining weight with the diet you are on right now then this will add to what you are gaining. 10g protein isn't that bad, fats and carbs are just as important.

nawmean
07-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Ok, thanks a lot.

drew
07-12-2006, 11:38 PM
I love Hooah bars. And I don't mind eating 5 or 10 of them at a time :D

Slim Schaedle
07-13-2006, 02:13 AM
A bar would fit better as a balanced snack. .
I wouldn't say this is right.

fats and carbs are just as important.
As protein? Definitely not true.

Those bars are almost identical to any other protein/health/energy bar out there. They stink.

Mix some whey with a few ingredients like milk, etc.

Choosing these bars over making something yourself that is cheaper and more calorie dense (and generally "healthier") is just plain laziness.

fzr
07-13-2006, 08:50 AM
Thanks for posting.

Thanks

Why not use Soy Milk? I use Vanilla flavored soy milk from 8th Continent. Tastes great! My daughter is alergic to anything with milk ingredients so I just use her soy instead of keeping milk in the frige.

New_Sport
07-13-2006, 01:55 PM
absoloutly

lifter4life
07-13-2006, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't say this is right.
You're right 25g protein 2g carbs 1g fat from a protein shake is MUCH more balanced.

As protein? Definitely not true.

You're really starting to annoy me. That is your objective, right?

Unreal
07-13-2006, 03:13 PM
He is just trying to stop the spread of wrong information. Define balanced? It would depend on your diet if that is the correct balance for you. And to say carbs which are a non-essential macro are as important as protein or fat which are essential is wrong.

RedSpikeyThing
07-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Make your own bar: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=63562

Very good and very cheap!

Slim Schaedle
07-13-2006, 03:59 PM
You're right 25g protein 2g carbs 1g fat from a protein shake is MUCH more balanced.

You're really starting to annoy me. That is your objective, right?
Not at all.

I apoligize if telling someone they are wrong or expressing my opinion based on gained knowledge and experience annoys you.

That is not my intention. Perhaps it is how I word it (?)

What else is annoying you?

Jordanbcool
07-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Please we dont need a big argument on this. OP if you want to use them then go ahead. They arent horrible but they arent the best. If they are convinent for you then go ahead and eat them but dont base your diet around them. 1-2 a day (max) is fine enough. Other then that there really isnt much more to say. Its a pretty good bar from what I see. Just do whatever you want.

-jordan

nawmean
07-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Ok. Thanks. I didn't mean to spark an argument. I'm going to add a bar to my diet just for some extra calories and protein.

Slim Schaedle
07-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Please we dont need a big argument on this. OP if you want to use them then go ahead. They arent horrible but they arent the best. If they are convinent for you then go ahead and eat them but dont base your diet around them. 1-2 a day (max) is fine enough. Other then that there really isnt much more to say. Its a pretty good bar from what I see. Just do whatever you want.

-jordan
Some of WBB's best threads stem from newbies asking general qustions, which ends up sparking tons of debate.

Even back in 2001 that is how it was.

Debates and arguments are healthy.

Jordanbcool
07-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Some of WBB's best threads stem from newbies asking general qustions, which ends up sparking tons of debate.

Even back in 2001 that is how it was.

Debates and arguments are healthy.

Yea, remember MY old arguments :zipit:

Still cant get over some of the things I used to say....I was seriously considering getting a new name and getting rid of this account or atleast not using it anymore.

Anyways, over a hoorah bar!?...it just boils down to the OP's preferance. I dont know why you dislike them so much. lol

-jordan

Slim Schaedle
07-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Yea, remember MY old arguments :zipit:

Still cant get over some of the things I used to say....I was seriously considering getting a new name and getting rid of this account or atleast not using it anymore.

Anyways, over a hoorah bar!?...it just boils down to the OP's preferance. I dont know why you dislike them so much. lol

-jordan
Looking at the indredients, I don't really find any ounce of motivaton to spend even a dollar on something like that. Especially when it is so easy to make food from scratch that would help the OP so much more.

You might as well buy a snickers bar and drink 1/2 scoop of whey with it.

This is coming from a guy who used to buy protein bars all the time when I was in the military.

I learn more and try to pass opinions on the others.

I once wrote a paper for a class and said that I included bananas pre and post workout for an insulin boost.

Jordanbcool
07-13-2006, 10:20 PM
I once wrote a paper for a class and said that I included bananas pre and post workout for an insulin boost.

*falls over laughing*

Now i feel much better.

Slim Schaedle
07-13-2006, 10:20 PM
yeah, no ****

The sad part was, the professor did not correct me.

MagnaSephiroth
07-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Those things suck. I have seen MUCH better bars.

malkore
07-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Looking at the indredients, I don't really find any ounce of motivaton to spend even a dollar on something like that. Especially when it is so easy to make food from scratch that would help the OP so much more.

You might as well buy a snickers bar and drink 1/2 scoop of whey with it.

and I agree. Ingredients: sugar, soy protein isolate, sugar, sugar, fractionated palm oil (which I suspect is similar to hydrogenated oil)

better off buying a snickers, at least it has peanuts, which contain EFA's....and it doesn't pretend to be healthy.