PDA

View Full Version : calories from fat

homeboy7600
07-13-2006, 10:21 PM
What effect do calories from fat have in bulking and cutting? in general what are they?

MagnaSephiroth
07-13-2006, 10:35 PM
What effect do calories from fat have in bulking and cutting? in general what are they?

Calories from fat is too broad. You want to look for EFAs and unsaturated fats for the majority of your fats.

homeboy7600
07-13-2006, 10:45 PM
I'm talking about on the back of labels at the top where it says calories per serving and than next to it it says calories from fat

MagnaSephiroth
07-13-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm talking about on the back of labels at the top where it says calories per serving and than next to it it says calories from fat

You don't really need to look at that, just look at how many grams of fat are in something and where those grams are coming from.

seK
07-13-2006, 11:11 PM
:( I can't remember the last time I ate somthing that even had a food lable lol.

Just stay away from Sat fat for sure.

MagnaSephiroth
07-14-2006, 12:19 AM
:( I can't remember the last time I ate somthing that even had a food lable lol.

I cant remember the last time i had a meal that DIDNT have a food label lol. I like to keep track of my calories, and chances are, if I cant track it, its a cheat day.

seK
07-14-2006, 12:22 AM
I cant remember the last time i had a meal that DIDNT have a food label lol. I like to keep track of my calories, and chances are, if I cant track it, its a cheat day.
meh all you need is a scale.

Built
07-14-2006, 12:42 AM

Saturated fat is important to us - it helps in the production of testosterone.

MarkY
07-14-2006, 08:12 PM

There are 9 calories in a gram of fat. There are 4 calories in a gram of protein and 4 in a gram of carbs.

If a food label says a serving of something has 250 calories, 90 from fat, what this means is that there are 10 (90/9) grams of fat / serving. You have to read the label for the type (saturated, trans, etc).