PDA

View Full Version : not eating at night

homeboy7600
07-13-2006, 10:25 PM
i'm on a cut and to help burn fat (or rather stop from gaining it) i'm trying to stop eating after 7-8 p.m., but i'm having trouble. I've been used to eating 4000 calories during the day and now i'm having trouble not eating. Is there anything i can do to help get rid of my cravings at night?

Slim Schaedle
07-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Eat all the way up until bedtime, even when cutting

What you are doing is following a societal myth.

MagnaSephiroth
07-13-2006, 10:32 PM
i'm on a cut and to help burn fat (or rather stop from gaining it) i'm trying to stop eating after 7-8 p.m., but i'm having trouble. I've been used to eating 4000 calories during the day and now i'm having trouble not eating. Is there anything i can do to help get rid of my cravings at night?

There are a couple things you can do.

-It is ok to eat before bed, just dont overdo it. If your really concerned, 2 hours is enough time after a meal to safely go to bed if you really hate the feeling of going to bed with food in your stomach.

-If your cravings are really kicking in drink a glass of water. Even if your not thirtsy force it down.

-Chew on some sugarfree gum.

-Have the last meal of your day be fiber heavy, so that you feel fuller.

-Ditch the 7-8 unless you go to bed at the same time everyday. Your body doesnt know time like that, just make sure you keep it consistant with when you go to bed.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-13-2006, 11:16 PM
-If your cravings are really kicking in drink a glass of water. Even if your not thirtsy force it down.

-Chew on some sugarfree gum.Or have a bedtime meal since it is a vital meal of the day.

-It is ok to eat before bed, just dont overdo it.What would overdoing it be?

MagnaSephiroth
07-14-2006, 12:18 AM
What would overdoing it be?

I correct myself, I still have that old wifes tale that food before bed is bad. I need to get that garbage out of my head.

seK
07-14-2006, 12:23 AM
Your body does alot of healing during your sleep you want to make sure it has the fuel to do so.

ShockBoxer
07-14-2006, 12:38 AM
I can't eat anywhere near bed time or I won't be able to sleep (best case) or will suffer intense abdominal pains the next morning (often case) perhaps leading to one of my attacks and all the unconsciousness fun that follows (worst case).

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-14-2006, 12:39 AM
How soon before bedtime do you eat then, Shock? That sucks, dude.

MagnaSephiroth
07-14-2006, 12:48 AM
I usually dont eat 2 hours before bed, cuase I hit my macros before then. Its hard for me to sleep knowing i got a ton of food, but I really need to get out of this mindset. I wake up in the morning, im hungry, but not like hungry that I HAVE to eat, just insane cravings.

ShockBoxer
07-14-2006, 12:53 AM
At least an hour. Ideally more. Even just a whey shake can mess me up pretty bad (though often if I've been out with friends I'll say 'screw it' and down one anyways and deal with it the next morning).

I used to not be able to eat within a few hours of getting up, either, but since I've started lifting I've ground that (painfully) out of me for the most part. Occassionally the first shake of the day will still be rejected with pain filled results, but it's far less common than it was.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-14-2006, 02:11 AM
I used to not be able to eat within a few hours of getting upI can't eat until a few hours after waking up too, otherwise my whole day will be ruined. But I've been forcing myself lately and I think I'm building up a tolerance to the stomach aches I used to get. I've been upping my fiber a lot lately too, so perhaps that's helping. Plus I've been eating a lot healthier lately.