PDA

View Full Version : Really underweight, what the devil should I eat?

Inferius
07-14-2006, 01:05 AM
Righto, first post here! :D

Welllll, here's my situation. I'm 16 years old. I'm about 5'11'', and about 90 pounds. As far as I can tell, my metabolism rate is unbelievably high. I eat a lot during the day, but as far as i know, i've only gained 10 pounds in the last year. I'm not anorexic. No eating disorders. Large appetite. My problem is thus:

how the heck do i gain enough weight and sustain it so i dont get blown away in heavy winds? <_<

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-14-2006, 01:13 AM
Lookie here:
The 10 Commandents For Becoming A Significant Mass Monster (http://www.ruggedmag.com/index.php?type=Article&i=17&a=8)
The Big Boy's Menu Plan (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78823)
WBB Routine #1 (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25)

What in the world are you currently eating? About how many calories a day? Have you been checked for hyperthyroidism?

I'm not anorexic. No eating disorders.You may not have an eating disorder per se, but you are at a VERY unhealthy weight for your height. Have you seen a doctor about this at all?

drew
07-14-2006, 01:17 AM
You should be eating everything in your path. 90 lbs? Are you kidding?

MagnaSephiroth
07-14-2006, 01:20 AM
Dont just jump all the sudden to 5000 kcals. Find your maintence calories and build up from there.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-14-2006, 01:24 AM
He needs to be evaluated by a doctor if he hasn't already. He also needs to find out how many calories he eats a day. He says he has a big appetite, so I'm curious to see how much he's eating. 90 pounds would be ok if he were less than 5 feet tall or something. But 90 pounds at his height is NOT healthy.

MagnaSephiroth
07-14-2006, 01:36 AM
He needs to be evaluated by a doctor if he hasn't already. He also needs to find out how many calories he eats a day. He says he has a big appetite, so I'm curious to see how much he's eating. 90 pounds would be ok if he were less than 5 feet tall or something. But 90 pounds at his height is NOT healthy.

Maybe he typo'd... 90 is almost...skin and bones litterly. I would almost go as far as to saying you just need to gain weight, even if it is all fat, cause 90 is dangerious.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-14-2006, 01:38 AM
Why would you assume it's a typo? He said he has freakishly high metabolism. I'm not going to assume anything in this situation.

I would almost go as far as to saying you just need to gain weightIf he has hyperthyroidism, it isn't so simple.

MagnaSephiroth
07-14-2006, 01:45 AM
Yeah, you need to see a doctor dude. Your condition might be way to serious for us to be help to help you much.

Bob
07-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Perhaps he is this kid?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12388081/

Eats 6500 cals a day and is only 100lbs..

Inferius
07-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Eh. My doctor just said to simply eat eat eat. :P

No clue what hyperthyroidism is.

My weight actually hovers between 85-95 usually, but other than that, perfectly healthy...

"He sinks like a rock," his mother, Kelley Chaffee, told the Post Register.

Ummm... no. I float in any pool or beach like it was the Dead Sea. :P I'm not that guy. :P

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Eh. My doctor just said to simply eat eat eat. :PYou need to start tracking your cals on www.fitday.com so we can know how much your average "eat eat eating" day is.

My weight actually hovers between 85-95 usually, but other than that, perfectly healthy...There was a girl in my class that looked anorexic, but she had hyperthyroidism, but she was also perfectly healthy...probably because she was still very nourished from all of the food she was eating.

No clue what hyperthyroidism is.Are you serious? You probably haven't been checked for it then. You need to go see if you have it because you probably do. Have you ever tried weightlifting?

Hyperthyroidism: "Overactivity of the thyroid gland, resulting in a rapid heartbeat and an increased rate of metabolism" <--- That's the gist of it, though not a very detailed description.

drew
07-14-2006, 03:27 PM
In all seriousness, if you're that underweight, the amount of food you consume a day should be measured in pounds, not calories.

nawmean
07-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Inferius: First off, I'm your age and an inch shorter than you. I'm about 120lbs and I'm still pretty underweight. You're 25-35lbs lighter than me, that just can't be right. If it is, you need to seek help from a doctor.

Inferius
07-14-2006, 04:15 PM
You need to start tracking your cals on www.fitday.com so we can know how much your average "eat eat eating" day is.

There was a girl in my class that looked anorexic, but she had hyperthyroidism, but she was also perfectly healthy...probably because she was still very nourished from all of the food she was eating.

Are you serious? You probably haven't been checked for it then. You need to go see if you have it because you probably do. Have you ever tried weightlifting?

Hyperthyroidism: "Overactivity of the thyroid gland, resulting in a rapid heartbeat and an increased rate of metabolism" <--- That's the gist of it, though not a very detailed description.

Yes, i lift about five pounds every day... cant quite do more to my, um, weak strength. :P

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Yes, i lift about five pounds every day... cant quite do more to my, um, weak strength. :PThat isn't a workout. Do you have an actual routine? And I'm sorry, but I've seen guys with muscular dystrophy gain some considerable strength through strict discipline of diet and exercise.

Do you plan on going to the doctor to test for hyperthyroidism?

You should track your calories for a week so we can see what you're eating. I'm anxious to see what your daily intake is.

SkinnySadMan
07-14-2006, 10:16 PM
May I recommend, copy the word "hyperthyroidism" on a piece of paper. See the doctor again, ask him about it; show him the paper! Unless you asked him about your Thyroid health already, then nevermind.

...Even then, wouldn't the doctor would of suspected someting wrong with your thyroid right away ?

I don't know you, and I'm actually worried about you. I used to be 110 lbs. at 5'7 and I was REALLY skinny.

Maybe, after you are done reading this, on the next day after each meal you eat (counting snacks) write it down on paper. Then reply back here what you wrote.

Stray
07-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Are you sure you don't mean 90KG??

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-14-2006, 10:59 PM
He wrote pounds. Why would he say kilograms? He'd be at a normal weight if he was 90KG. :windup:

Stray
07-14-2006, 11:03 PM
He wrote pounds. Why would he say kilograms? He'd be at a normal weight if he was 90KG. :windup:

No clue...just trying to find a miscommunication. It doesn't seem possible :eek:

billiebrain
07-23-2006, 01:46 PM
inferious post a pic plz.. it could help us give suggestions

Billy E.
07-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Damn I am 16, and 5'9" and I am 130-140 and I am pretty skinny. I really dont see how you are 90lbs. For that height omfg you have to be DANEROUSLY close to dieing. :(

Detard
07-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Damn I am 16, and 5'9" and I am 130-140 and I am pretty skinny. I really dont see how you are 90lbs. For that height omfg you have to be DANEROUSLY close to dieing. :(

dude dont say that. your gonan scare him. the guy obviously needs to go to the doctor to be checked for hyperthyroidism and start tracking his diet. im sure his parents are pretty concerned about him and are probly doing/have done reading of their own. i doubt this is just something that came on quickly.

just keep upping your calories and tracking what you eat. just write it on paper... noshame in that. hope all goes well for you my friend.

Billy E.
07-23-2006, 11:23 PM
I hope hes alright too but o my lord. I am damn skinny. and like I said I weigh 130-140. Please man you need to go to the doc and see what **** you can do. Start taking vit. and eating 6 times a day. Also make a high fat/weight gainer shake and have 2 a day if your that skinny. I just have one. I am no pro at this I just started bout 2 weeks ago, but from all the research I have done (and I have doen alot) thats no where near healthy.

Hope everything works out for you man.

New_Sport
07-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Righto, first post here! :D

Welllll, here's my situation. I'm 16 years old. I'm about 5'11'', and about 90 pounds. As far as I can tell, my metabolism rate is unbelievably high. I eat a lot during the day, but as far as i know, i've only gained 10 pounds in the last year. I'm not anorexic. No eating disorders. Large appetite. My problem is thus:

how the heck do i gain enough weight and sustain it so i dont get blown away in heavy winds? <_<

Eat everything clean man. Maybe invest in a weight gainer even?

John04Civic
07-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Eat everything clean man. Maybe invest in a weight gainer even?
I was thinking that.. Good god I thought I was skinny.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Eat everything clean man. Maybe invest in a weight gainer even?The words "eating clean" and "weight gainer" do not belong together. Weight gainers are full of crap. You can make healthier ones at home. And this guy still hasn't come back to tell us what he eats. :bang:

wdjuqi
07-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Why is it that everyone is telling this guy to go to the doctor to get a pill to help him gain weight, but when I asked about any sort of pill to help gain weight everyone jumped down my throat? I think someone even said I have mental problems, lol. We're both severely underweight.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-29-2006, 02:56 AM
Why is it that everyone is telling this guy to go to the doctor to get a pill to help him gain weight, but when I asked about any sort of pill to help gain weight everyone jumped down my throat?No, you were trying to find any way possible to not eat or do normal things to gain weight and ignored everyone's suggestions.

We're both severely underweight.This guy possibly has a genetic problem. Your weight issues are by choice.