PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry/Banana/Blueberry Weight Gain Shake

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-15-2006, 05:57 PM
This is sort of a variation of the other shakes on here, but I played around with some ingredients and came up with a shake that's over 1,000 calories. Here we go:

2 cups of milk
1 cup of oats
2 Tablespoons of olive oil (EFAs)
1 large Banana
9 ounces of frozen strawberries
1 cup (140 grams) of organic blueberries
2 ounces of ground up almonds (EFAs - will make the shake a little thicker)

Put all the liquid ingredients into the blender first and then do the following:

For the almonds and oats: Take the oats and put them into a coffee grinder and grind the oats into a powder. Then pour into the blender. For the almonds, it'll take a bit longer to grind. When they are done, the almonds will have the same consistency as brown sugar. Then add that to the blender and hit "Chop" for about a minute and then "Liquify" for another couple minutes until the shake is very smooth...and enjoy!

And here it comes...the nutrition facts:

40 ounce shake (it's huge)

1429 Calories
43 grams of Protein
159 grams of Carbs
69 grams of Fat

And there ya go. You can add some protein powder for extra protein or some honey for more flavor. But this is a massive shake. I usually make this without the olive oil and that takes off about 243 calories. You can toy around with it, but there you have it. A very high calorie protein shake. :thumbup:

getfit
07-15-2006, 06:00 PM
me likes, sounds absolutely yummy!

laxguy1028
07-15-2006, 07:17 PM
Sounds good i will have to try it

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-16-2006, 02:59 AM
Meh...this oatmeal makes the shake taste a little weird. Without the oatmeal, it just tastes like a regular shake. I guess I could use protein powder in place of oatmeal, but oats contribute to my daily fiber intake. :( I guess I could just make oatmeal or something.

nawmean
07-16-2006, 12:43 PM
Could I make this with soy milk? 1.4k calories is HUGE. I don't know if I can down that!

kad
07-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Uh, wow, that's more than half my daily calories right now. It looks yummy though. I hate being an endomorph. :(

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Could I make this with soy milk? 1.4k calories is HUGE. I don't know if I can down that!It's a 40 ounce shake. It takes a while to down. ;) And sure...you can supplement soy milk if you want.

getfit
07-16-2006, 02:43 PM
i made it this morning and i used vanilla soy it tasted awesome.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Cool! :) Vanilla soy does sound pretty good. Hmm...do you think I could add vanilla extract to the shake?

getfit
07-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Cool! :) Vanilla soy does sound pretty good. Hmm...do you think I could add vanilla extract to the shake?
sure, go for it.

SwoleSam
08-07-2006, 09:14 PM
I never thought about putting almonds into a fine powder. Very nice :thumbup:

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-07-2006, 09:29 PM
I've been drinking one of these almost every day. I'm starting to add a cup of ice to the shake to make it thinner because I'm finding it hard to down a big ass 40 ounce shake that's so thick. It still tastes fine and it's cold, but it's more watery (and a lot quicker to drink). The first time I made it, the shake was so thick it took me an hour to drink. That's not very ideal.

Coqui
08-11-2006, 08:15 AM
This sounds good as hell.

Too bad I'm cutting :(

teaturtle
08-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Would it be okay to drink the shake in parts? (Like drink half in morning, half at night, etc..) Because 40 oz. in one sitting is too much for my stomach...

Coqui
08-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Would it be okay to drink the shake in parts? (Like drink half in morning, half at night, etc..) Because 40 oz. in one sitting is too much for my stomach...

That would be up to personal preference wouldn't it?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Would it be okay to drink the shake in parts? (Like drink half in morning, half at night, etc..) Because 40 oz. in one sitting is too much for my stomach...I split it in half sometimes because it IS a lot to drink. It's up to you how you drink it.