PDA

View Full Version : PowerLifting season?

Power-House
07-17-2006, 11:49 AM
Whats up guys? I'm a newbie here and I've been weightlifting for 2 years now.I was just wondering when the Powerlifting Season is , I've looked on the internet in searches but can't find anything.I have a book by Bill Pearl on Weightlifting for different sports and he gives an offseason powerlifting schedule and a season schedule but doesnt give the dates.Any help would be appreciated thanks guys.

Anthony
07-17-2006, 11:50 AM
There is no season. It depends on the meets you plan to enter, etc.

Jinkies
07-17-2006, 12:06 PM
For highschool it runs in the spring, but for other feds its a year round thing.

What weightclass are you in? what your lifts look like

Power-House
07-17-2006, 01:02 PM
For highschool it runs in the spring, but for other feds its a year round thing.

What weightclass are you in? what your lifts look like

Thanks for the info. I'm 5'8 weigh 159 I max out with 1 rep at a clean 285,I have done 305 in the past with a spotter but that was when i was into heavy lifting daily and weighed 187.I lost alot of weight from a break up with a 3 year girlfriend an actually that got my endurance up because I began alot of running an muscle endurance excersizes.Now that I'm ready to heavy lift again everything as of right now looks like this....Bench-285,Deadlift - 310,Squat is very weak at 315 and my clean is at 185

Sorry if I Babbled on too much, But again thanks for the info.

Guido
07-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Those are pretty good for your size. Are those all raw or equipped?

Power-House
07-20-2006, 01:12 AM
Those are pretty good for your size. Are those all raw or equipped?

All raw