01-29-2002, 07:10 AM
1) I am adding more fibre to my diet to improve absorbtion. Just wondering, are Red Beans and apples good source of it?
2) Can someone advise me what kind of vegertarian food contains high in protein beside soy? Are potatoes any good as far as protein goes?
01-29-2002, 07:43 AM
1. Make this searchable database a permanent bookmark
2. Lentils, kidney beans, chick peas etc. are high in fibre, low glycemic, and about 25% protein by calories (65-70% carbs). Milk, eggs, soy, whey are good vegetarian sources of protein that are not high in carbs.
3. In terms of counting protein, as long as you are eating a good variety, count everything but try to get most of your protein from high quality sources (eggs, whey, milk, soy, meat, poultry, fish)
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.6 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.