PDA

View Full Version : Irish @ 5'10, 158 lbs

McIrish
07-17-2006, 09:52 PM
I started lifting (seriously, at any rate) last August, at a whopping 148 or thereabouts. I bulked all the way up to a massive and bloated (for me) 164 (first pic circa May 2006), and then I cut my way through this summer - currently I'm around 158ish, give or take. Though I originally intended to put these up only after doing some self-tanning, forget it, I'm too lazy to buy a bottle of that stuff. Besides, the g/f loves me for who I am, pasty or not. ;)

I realize I probably should have bulked a little more before cutting, but I personally felt a little "pudgy" - I was quite pudgy as a kid, so since then I've felt that feeling quite abhorrent. That being said, next go-round I will probably go up higher (somewhere in the mid 170's) before cutting down.

A few things regarding the actual pictures...
- I'm pretty sure I flexed my lats during the front double-bi, since they're not that big?
- I don't know how to do a correct lat spread - suggestions?
- I'll spare you a picture of the calves (I didn't take one just because I'm lazy) but suffice it to say that they are skinny. And pasty. :french:

I'd appreciate any and all constructive criticism! Also, any rough ideas on bodyfat percentage?

McIrish
07-17-2006, 09:53 PM
One more of a front double-bi, rawr.

DGabe24
07-17-2006, 10:32 PM
Look likes you could bulk to 180 and not worry about looking "pudgey" imo. So far so good though, keep up the good work man! Here's a link to my lat spread, personally I put my hands on my waist and act like I am trying to hug something with my elbows and then flex.

Dave Gabe's Lat Spread (http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/DGabe24/062006-Latspread.jpg)

Hope this helps a little bit.

Davidelmo
07-18-2006, 02:23 AM
Dont cut

Eat

Sorry man, you are really skinny. Of course it depends on your goals but you're lean enough to bulk for a long time yet. You can go way past 170's. Honestly, you'll just end up frustrated if you do a cut and you're only a few lbs bigger than when you started.

Just my 0.02c

1r15h
07-18-2006, 07:12 AM
Im with the continue bulking thought. You can pack on a hell of a lot more, though it all depends what you want.

KingWilder
07-18-2006, 10:22 AM
looking good man

BULK..haha, but you knew I was gonna say that

method115
07-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Why did you bulk so little? I would just go all the way to 180-190 then think about a cut.

ShockBoxer
07-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Heh. You weigh the same as me and have similar lifting numbers but I'm a half-foot shorter. If I were 5'10 I don't think I could stand being less than 180 (I hate dipping below 160, but am 16% BF and want to decrease that to around 14.)

TwiloMike
07-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Stop cutting. Start eating. :) You look like you have a good base to work with. At least clean bulk for now. Anymore cutting and you will disappear. :(

SpecialK
07-18-2006, 07:51 PM
I will agree with the other posters and say you need to keep bulking for quite awhile.

Natetaco
07-18-2006, 09:49 PM
eat like a pig and front squat yer butt off:whazzup:

thoughtshewas18
07-18-2006, 11:24 PM
eat like a pig and front squat yer butt off:whazzup:

hey, thats what i gotta start doing :)

McIrish
07-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the support, guys. Yeah, yeah, I realize I should bulk more... :windup: I did put on 16 lbs (in addition to whatever recomping happened right at the beginning, since I am a lot more "solid" than I ever was before lifting) before bulking, but I figure I'll go for 20 more lbs next time before I consider cutting. That'll put me somewhere in the mid 170's. I guess I personally prefer being a little less pudgy, so I might take it a little slower than most. C'est la vie.

Oh, Gabe, thanks for the ideas on doing a proper lat spread. Much appreciated - hopefully next time they'll look as thick as yours! :thumbup:

Hmm, anyone with any ideas on b/f%?